Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Hey guys!
    Sorry I haven't really been active, I'm kind of going through a stale period with my games. Other than SRing for a nice Meloetta and beating up Colress (which was interesting to do with a mono-bug team. But I did it on the first try!) and Ghetsis, I haven't done much of anything with my Pokemon in the past month.

But anyway, I have a topic/question for you guys.
    What do you think is the most fun Pokemon and/or strategy to use? You know, the sort of thing that makes you smile regardless of whether you win or lose. For me, I like using strategies/Pokemon that no one else thinks of using, partly because I find it amusing to think about my opponents reactions. Like using Helping Hand Dusknoir to power up Torkoal under Trick Room. Seeing my coal-powered tortoise take out a Salamence, for instance, was just as hilarious as it was beautiful. Similarly, a strategy I've enjoyed using is hijacking other people's weather. I guess you'd file that under 'goodstuffs'. I'd set up Pokemon on my team to work well together but also to be able to switch in and turn the opponents weather against them. Sand in particular was hilarious, they'd set it up and I'd switch in Seismitoad. Not only does she take no weather damage, but she was a mixed attacker, able to inflict SE damage with STAB Scald and Earthquake while healing herself with Drain Punch. Plus, she had Poison Touch, so the frog was able to punch some nasty holes in the opponent, letting my other 'mons clean up what was left with little trouble. I've really got to make another one of those... maybe go a little heavier with the attack EVs and just letting her nature get her Sp.Atk up. I do like using mixed attackers, but they're hard to train properly.

Anyway, anyone else have some "just for the fun of it" 'mons or strategies? Or am I the only one?
    Lets see. has to be my bulky cloyster. lauhed my socks off at the reaction the opponent had when thir aura sphere togekiss failed to ko it, and then i proceeded to destroy his garchomp with icicle spear. one of the best. another one is usharna and landorus therian. they lead. landorus therian goes bang... the foe disappears. HH, normal gem boostd exploion will cause alot of pain, but musharna doesn't feel a thing

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Hey guys!
    Sorry I haven't really been active, I'm kind of going through a stale period with my games. Other than SRing for a nice Meloetta and beating up Colress (which was interesting to do with a mono-bug team. But I did it on the first try!) and Ghetsis, I haven't done much of anything with my Pokemon in the past month.

But anyway, I have a topic/question for you guys.
    What do you think is the most fun Pokemon and/or strategy to use? You know, the sort of thing that makes you smile regardless of whether you win or lose. For me, I like using strategies/Pokemon that no one else thinks of using, partly because I find it amusing to think about my opponents reactions. Like using Helping Hand Dusknoir to power up Torkoal under Trick Room. Seeing my coal-powered tortoise take out a Salamence, for instance, was just as hilarious as it was beautiful. Similarly, a strategy I've enjoyed using is hijacking other people's weather. I guess you'd file that under 'goodstuffs'. I'd set up Pokemon on my team to work well together but also to be able to switch in and turn the opponents weather against them. Sand in particular was hilarious, they'd set it up and I'd switch in Seismitoad. Not only does she take no weather damage, but she was a mixed attacker, able to inflict SE damage with STAB Scald and Earthquake while healing herself with Drain Punch. Plus, she had Poison Touch, so the frog was able to punch some nasty holes in the opponent, letting my other 'mons clean up what was left with little trouble. I've really got to make another one of those... maybe go a little heavier with the attack EVs and just letting her nature get her Sp.Atk up. I do like using mixed attackers, but they're hard to train properly.

Anyway, anyone else have some "just for the fun of it" 'mons or strategies? Or am I the only one?
    zozo! I missed hearing your input! xD

Anyways, I actually just love a good battle. Battles where both me and my opponent have to sit on things and think hard on what we're going to do, as opposed to just straight sweeping an opponent. I'm also fond of using lesser used Pokemon, although I've finally conceded into using some more standard 'mons for the sake of my overall team. I get really bored when I have to watch or play super standard matches, and using lesser used Pokemon offers more creativity, preventing the game from being a decision solely on RNG and speed ties. However, in conjunction with my first statement, if a standard team plays really well into each other, it can make a standard match turn really interesting.

So really, I just love a good battle. I'm not fond of straight sweeps, either by me or by my opponent (I wouldn't complain about me straight sweeping though haha). I do like to use Pokemon that are lesser used, but I like more using Pokemon that I really like. I've found certain gems in Pokemon like Togekiss (yo, I'm an OG Hipster and used Togekiss+Follow Me before it was popular), Nidoqueen and Empoleon. Creative sparks and thrill the of the battle.

Side note: I actually started using Gastrodon because I recently have taken a shine to its cuteness. It's so weird, but I'll start using Pokemon that I really like out of nowhere, based solely on looks. It just happens that Gastrodon is an overused Pokemon, so I have to settle.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 15th March 2013 at 1:07 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Quite a few actually. I won't be to specific, I don't want to blurt any details pertaining to my mono-region teams, but I do like my teams to have a sprinkle of absurdity blended in. What's frustrating is the occasions I beat my opponent before my plans come to full fruition. I love the matches where I get the opportunity to use every trick in my arsenal and even come up with a few new ones on the fly.
    After You :3

And, I've tried a full out volt turn strategy for doubles. I figured it would help me get off intimidates and play mind games with my opponent.

EDIT: So... for some reason I'm starting to become extremely lazy... so if someone would be so kind to help me EV train a few Pokemon?
    Last edited by Shreyas; 16th March 2013 at 8:33 AM.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post

And, I've tried a full out volt turn strategy for doubles. I figured it would help me get off intimidates and play mind games with my opponent.

EDIT: So... for some reason I'm starting to become extremely lazy... so if someone would be so kind to help me EV train a few Pokemon?
    Really Shreyas, we expect less lazy from you. lol
    So how many pokemon do you need ev trained?

I can handle half if not all of what you need :P i have absolutely nothing to do this weekend so im able to do practically anything xD
    And im a fast EV'er so i can get it done in about an hour or two within recieving them....if its less than five that is.

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

I would gladly help Shreyas but i still didnt do anything with my team ;_;
    i didnt breed, catch and obviously didnt ev trained anything xD
    otherwise i would gladly help you
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Really Shreyas, we expect less lazy from you. lol
    So how many pokemon do you need ev trained?
    lol I need 3 of them EV trained.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    I can handle half if not all of what you need :P i have absolutely nothing to do this weekend so im able to do practically anything xD
    And im a fast EV'er so i can get it done in about an hour or two within recieving them....if its less than five that is.
    Awesome! I need 3 of them EV trained. I'll catch you online

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    I would gladly help Shreyas but i still didnt do anything with my team ;_;
    i didnt breed, catch and obviously didnt ev trained anything xD
    otherwise i would gladly help you
    It's cool. I'm just really happy that you got me 1/2 my team :3

Awesome! I need 3 of them EV trained. I'll catch you online
    Cool. Just send a pm with the info and i'll have your pokes EV'd within 1 hour and 30 minutes tops.

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

for the tourney?
    i would just wait till we get it going.
    then post it all in here or something.

When are we starting the Mono-Region tournament?
    Just a bit anxious thats all.
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatemboar View Post
    When are we starting the Mono-Region tournament?
    Just a bit anxious thats all.
    Aren't we all >_> i was talking with joej about it earlier and said he's waiting for 1 or 2 people to finish making their teams. There's only 4 people that i know are going to be in the tourney but whose the other 4?

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

Thanks to zombiekiller12 and KuzKan, I am finally done with my International Challenge team :3

Thanks guys! I appreciate ;D

So, I am not open for WiFi Battles :3 (joej m, I'm ready when you are~)

Thanks to zombiekiller12 and KuzKan, I am finally done with my International Challenge team :3

Umm its zombieoverkill12 dude xD but you're welcome=P great team. And great battles dude lol 2nd one was to the teeth. Luckily i saved the video.

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

i also had some great battles with shreyas
    first he 4-0'd me. the first time in a while (that wasn't drizzle boy)
    then i got the second and third games but with some tough turns.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    Lol he doesnt allow you to get over easy xD

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

o.0 Pretty sure I 4-0'd you on PS not too long ago, unless that was a different joej m I battled on the nuggetbridge server.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Umm its zombieoverkill12 dude xD but you're welcome=P great team. And great battles dude lol 2nd one was to the teeth. Luckily i saved the video.
    lol yeah, that second one was crazy xD
    Upload it!

Oh lol our battle was loads of fun xD
    Some crazy predictions flying everywhere :3

lol yeah, that second one was crazy xD
    Upload it!
    Sure thing. =P My team still needs editing and a little testing here and there. I'll post the video-number tomorrow. It's a little late in my area and i haven't even uploaded it yet xD But i am going to put it on youtube (sorry joej but this one is better ;^

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

hows it going people?

i was thinking of using a anger point/frost breath combo

Sure thing. =P My team still needs editing and a little testing here and there. I'll post the video-number tomorrow. It's a little late in my area and i haven't even uploaded it yet xD But i am going to put it on youtube (sorry joej but this one is better ;^
    What's your youtube? .-.

What's your youtube? .-.
    All that stuff is on my file's info =P

Sup t20. How would that work?

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

Hey guys! VGC RMT here in need of RMTing! All help appreciated?

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Hey guys! VGC RMT here in need of RMTing! All help appreciated?
    A vgc rmt
    now that's something i can actually rate.
    Also, you need to put an exportable on it so people can test it out to get a good idea how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    A vgc rmt
    now that's something i can actually rate.
    Also, you need to put an exportable on it so people can test it out to get a good idea how it works.
    Hahah whoops. Totally meant to and then I forgot. XD Thanks!

What's your youtube? .-.
    i youtube!

Sup t20. How would that work?
    somple have one pokemon with anger point then one pokemon use frost breath witch raises its attack to max

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast