Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

The tourney is soon i got my team ready (finally >.<) got em tested, got it rated, and i wrote down how to handle some big threats. Im ready to rock and roll now >:] My goal is to have at least 45 wins with under 25 losses and a rating of at least 1985. Well on that note:
    GLHF you guys
    Last edited by The Master Chief; 22nd March 2013 at 4:01 AM.

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

What time does it start, again? .-.

EDIT: nvm
    Last edited by Shreyas; 22nd March 2013 at 1:36 AM.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    so you tried my idea?
    nice!

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    The tourney is soon
    GLHF you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    so you tried my idea?
    nice!
    Guys, I'm sorry to say this, but these are all one-liners. Please delete them. I don't want you guys to receive an infraction. ;^; But trident, if you can add another sentence or 2 there, within 6 hours, you won't have to delete your post.

EDIT: The boss is right. ;^; Sowwy Shreyas.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 22nd March 2013 at 3:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

shreyas didn't post one because it was a valid question. the other two did have a one liner though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Guys, I'm sorry to say this, but these are all one-liners. Please delete them. I don't want you guys to receive an infraction. ;^; But trident, if you can add another sentence or 2 there, within 6 hours, you won't have to delete your post.

EDIT: The boss is right. ;^; Sowwy Shreyas.
    I wont have a device capable of actually deleting the post within 6 hours so i had just edited it instead. Sorry bout that though xD i was so excited i forgotten to put in what i had edited in xP

So sumthin pokemon related: Do you think pokemon X and pokemon Y will bring competitive battling to a new level or wont make an impact at all?
    Last edited by The Master Chief; 22nd March 2013 at 4:21 AM.

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

so you tried my idea?
    nice!
    Revisited actually. If you go back a page you'll see my post talking about the Triples team I used to run around it. Your post got me thinking about it again and now that Anger Point Krookodile's released, I thought I'd take it for another spin. That and Your Boss and Zombieoverkill12 were shooting the strategy down so much
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

It depends on what pokemon and moves are introduced.
    If we get another pokemon that can set up hail that doesn't have a x4 weakness to fire then I can see hail teams becoming popular
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

I got a new VGC team that needs rating.

Anyway, @topic i think that there will be changes, since you get pokemon who out class others at jobs, such as a new bulky support mon that overshadows cresselia, or they release shadow tag chandlure or lightning rod zapdos. they may make new weathers for the weather wars, and even new setters. you never know what the future holds, so make a wish, and hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    I got a new VGC team that needs rating.

Anyway, @topic i think that there will be changes, since you get pokemon who out class others at jobs, such as a new bulky support mon that overshadows cresselia, or they release shadow tag chandlure or lightning rod zapdos. they may make new weathers for the weather wars, and even new setters. you never know what the future holds, so make a wish, and hope for the best
    A new team huh? i'll see what i can do.

also it'd be very interesting if they ever release shadow tag chande, not just for vgc but for ou too, it would no longer be walled when they switch in, unless they carry u-turn.
    so if it ever is released, then i predict a huge flux in volt switch and u-turn users.

got a total of 1905 points in the tourney.
    dont believe me:

the camera flipped it so it is backwards)
        Spoiler:- tourney rating:

anyway now i think we should start thinking on starting the club tourney finally! xD
    this upcoming weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    got a total of 1905 points in the tourney.
    dont believe me:

the camera flipped it so it is backwards)
        Spoiler:- tourney rating:

anyway now i think we should start thinking on starting the club tourney finally! xD
    this upcoming weekend?
    Sure can't wait to get started on the mono region tourney.

And anyone got a few exp.share's spare?

Congrats on the good score, joej m! n_n What was the tourney like this time around? See anything new and exciting in the way people organized their teams?

And sorry emboar, I, for one, don't believe I have any extras on me. :C

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Congrats on the good score, joej m! n_n What was the tourney like this time around? See anything new and exciting in the way people organized their teams?

And sorry emboar, I, for one, don't believe I have any extras on me. :C
    other thought it was a DC fest, but on Nugget bridge we almost all agree there aren't as many DC's around.
    for the teams, i only battled 7 cresselia... out of 93 battles... wtf O.o this is like... wut... xD
    other than that, pretty standard. common goodstuffs like tyranitar, cresselia, the common dragons, metagross, some scizor.
    rain wasn't that apparent to me. i might not have noticed that iwas battling a rain team because my team functions quite well to the point where i dont notice the water boosted attacks, swift swim etc. there was a fair amount of sand (pokemon like landorus-I and excadrill who require sand, most of the time, to sweep).
    hailroom was common among the japanese. but i 4-0'd all of them, because my team works awesome against trick room, and chandelure + scizor kinda ruins hail room pokemon like amoonguss (flying gem acrobatics) and amomasnow
    anyway there were quite a few in game teams actually... about 1 out of 4 of my battles were in game teams... :S

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...(doubles-team)
    MY RMT
    Last edited by joej m; 26th March 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Sorry that I haven't posted in so LNG I've been way to busy to even use the Internet at all... But anyway for all those in Europe there are a number of VGCs taking place so here they are:
    Italy VG National Championships - Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
    May 11th – 12th, 2013
    Germany VG National Championships - RuhrCongress Bochum, Bochum, Germany
    May 25th – 26th, 2013 (Video Games on the 26th)
    UK VG National Championships - NEC, Birmingham, United Kingdom
    June 1st – 2nd, 2013 (Video Games on the 2nd)

Yeah I saw that was announced on NB. but thnx for the info

Anyway if anyone didn't know, the rankings are up for the international challenge. I placed first!!

Credit to me

did you really ?

did you really ?
    thats a one liner trident sorry :/
    anyway yeah... he did.
    he is in seniors so it is a bit easier :P
    anyway i would have gotten 1st in USA tied with someone if it wasn't for them DCers -_-
    around 7th overall also.
    but i am going to try and fix my problem and get back in seniors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Sorry that I haven't posted in so LNG I've been way to busy to even use the Internet at all... But anyway for all those in Europe there are a number of VGCs taking place so here they are:
    Italy VG National Championships - Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
    May 11th – 12th, 2013
    Germany VG National Championships - RuhrCongress Bochum, Bochum, Germany
    May 25th – 26th, 2013 (Video Games on the 26th)
    UK VG National Championships - NEC, Birmingham, United KingdomVB
    June 1st – 2nd, 2013 (Video Games on the 2nd)
    Well, I didn't see that VGC is only 2nd of june for england. A quick train down should be good enough, but exam season is during then. and I have a maths exam a few days after, so i don't know.
    So 2 questions to ask. 1. What is your opinion game freak should do to tackle the disconnection problem in online vgc.
    Since i am a fan of programming, looking at it, it shouldn't be too hard. Check to see what kind of disconnection there was, i.e. instantantious loss of signal means that they have turned off, or turned off wifi. Dealt harshly to the commiters, score. Blah blah and so forth. Or, use the end time commands they use( when the battle timer runs out.) This last one has the best answer to it, as the server should save the battle as the last one or something, since you can record battle. Ie the connection loss usually happens when someone lose.so they should lose, though at the start of a battle, they should just leave it

2. Opinions on swampert.
    Yeah less important, but this mud skipper has been a favorite of mine for a while. I am trying to make a team based around it, with thundurus i and chandelure.

Hey guys! Figured I could use some help, so I'm putting it out there to try and get some feedback.

After my team's performance in the ICM, I decided to put it down and try from a new perspective. So here's the team!

Spoiler:- Here:

Help would be great! Although I will be very frank: I'm not taking on Legendaries. I don't RNG, and i don't like to Pokecheck for them and I really would just prefer not to use them. (:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Hey guys! Figured I could use some help, so I'm putting it out there to try and get some feedback.

After my team's performance in the ICM, I decided to put it down and try from a new perspective. So here's the team!

Help would be great! Although I will be very frank: I'm not taking on Legendaries. I don't RNG, and i don't like to Pokecheck for them and I really would just prefer not to use them. (:

Just taking a cursory glance, the only thing I can really offer is that you seem to be a little light on moves that can really take out Water types. I know you've got a Storm Drain Gastrodon there, but that will only defend you against water type moves. You still lack supereffective moves against most water types, except for Ludicolo (but of course, that is a really big one that you want to defend against. Nothing is more annoying than being slowly drained to death by a flipping Leftovers + Rain Dish + Leech Seed Ludicolo. Especially since the thing dances around and appears to be laughing at you.).

Of course, I'm not bothering with a damage calculator here, so it may very well be that between STAB moves, EV spreads, and base stats that you are already getting in enough damage that you don't need to bother with electric or grass moves to get supereffective hits. It just looks to me, at first glance, that there's a little too many fire moves and a real lack of grass/electric. Perfect if you're going to be facing a lot of Ferrothorns and Scizors, but it could be an issue if too many rain teams head your way.

The only other thing I might suggest is to switch Mission's Night Shade (which I'm assuming is the obligatory taunt-insurance most Sableye carry) with a Dark type move. That way you aren't walled by Normal types, especially those with Taunt. But, that's one of those "pick your poison" situations. Do you go for the thing that reliably does 50 damage and risk being in a situation where you can't use any moves, or do you go for varying degrees of damage but retain the ability to attack anything if the need arises?

Not sure if that will be directly helpful, but at least it's a different perspective. n_n
    Last edited by zozo; 30th March 2013 at 6:52 PM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post

a huge problem i see with this is the lack of defensive mons, some weird items, and a personal killer to me, almost all 252 sets where there could be a lot more useful EV's on there. the problem with that is you dont get flawless IV's... so custom EV's dont really help you that much. which is generally a huge problem. also, having tailwind, trick room, and icy wind on one team is just... interesting... >.>
    excadrill wold be a lot better with a sash also.

So what's the word on the mono region tournament?
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

I think the tournament was forgotten in the excitment of the International Challenge March.

So its probably been postponed again.

After a bit of testing, i came up with a solid, good team for regionals on the 20th.
    That's right, crys is going after a second shot to nationals, after i got 13th place in VA, dumb way they did tiebreakers.

Spoiler:- team:

Any suggestions for it?

NOTICE:
    So far i got the sneasle, zapdos, horsea, to be evolved, get the moves needed via level up/tutor, and then ev trained.
    I still need to obtain the metagross however.
    Im currently ev training the hitmontop.
    Scizor is already set, just need to give it superpower via tutor.

Due to my lack of pokedollars, i dont have enough to ev train and evolve and stuff all of them.
    I'd be very greatful if anyone can help me with the eving and level-uping and stuff, i'd even offer some rewards (like a pokemon or item or something in return for the services)

Also new topic!
    What is your favorite underestimated pokemon in VGC?
    for me it'd probably be weavile, this thing sees almost neigh usage, yet severly dents almost everything but scizor and some other steels. the set on the team in the spoiler often gets kos on dragons, flyings, ect. even with its petty base 40 power. it also is a wall to cresselia not carrying hp fire. (which is a rare set)

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast