Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

So I was looking through some pokemon two nights ago and came across Altaria. Such a pity that such a uniquely designed dragon type is ignored by so many people. Hmmm. Naturally I looked up it's stats and, liking what I saw, ended up building a team around it.

Golden Girl (Altaria) (F) @ Power Herb
    Trait: Cloud Nine
    Level: 50
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 4 Def / 30 HP / 4 SDef
    Naive Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Sky Attack
    - Perish Song / Fire Blast
    - Protect

The forgotten dragon, no doubt due to it's sub par attack and somewhat common typing (and the fact that it doesn't look very much like a dragon probably has something to do with it). Even among Cloud Nine users it's overlooked with all it's common weaknesses and low Hp stat. However I see some potential for a hard Rain counter here. With Rain nullified, Altaria outspeeds both Kingdra and Ludicolo, and can 1HKO both with Draco Meteor and Sky Attack respectively. Sky Attack is a one-off with Power Herb, but lacking a better flying move (HP Flying is pitiful even with a flying gem) it's all I got. The next move I'm kind of torn on. Perish Song could mean a guaranteed win after two pokemon are gone, but Fire Blast hits Steel types relying on the rain extra hard. The EV's make it so she speed ties with max speed adamant Landorus-T and the Sp. Atk. EV's put out just as much power as 252 so the leftover EV's get put towards maximizing bulk.

Picori (Breloom) (M) @ Fighting Gem / Focus Sash
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 244 Atk / 252 Spd / 12 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Spore
    - Protect

Now what's to keep Politoed at bay while Altaria deals with it's comrades? Hard to find a better choice than Breloom. Pretty standard set. Focus Sash can save him from time to time, but Gem boosted Mach Punch hit's pretty hard.

Floofy (Togekiss) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 244 HP / 96 Def / 116 SDef / 54 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Follow Me
    - Air Slash
    - Tailwind
    - Protect

What makes a for better teammate for Breloom than Togekiss. Provides ample Follow Me and Tailwind support, and annoys people with Air Slash. EV's are shamelessly stolen from R inanimate of Nugget Bridge's set since I was in a rush to slap this team together and didn't take time to build my own set.

Moonduck Thing (Cresselia) @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 76 Spd / 244 HP / 92 SDef / 36 SAtk / 62 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Icy Wind
    - Skill Swap
    - Rest

My first team to ever include a Cresselia. Psyshock deals with fighting types. Icy Wind provides speed control. Skill Swap works well with nearly the whole team, she can take Cloud Nine from Altaria if I really need to keep weather off the field (as Altaria's hardly the bulkiest thing around); Breloom's Technician boosts Icy Wind's power; Levitate of course helps Heatran; and Storm Drain from Gastrodon to make her even harder for water types to take down. Since Togekiss already had the Sitrus Berry, I opted for ChestoRest to keep Cress going. Ev's are meant to put her at a good speed, 2HKO 252Hp Top, survive Chandelure's Gem boosted Shadow Ball, and the rest get dumped into Def. From the few battles I've had with this team, I have to say Cresselia is like the easy mode of battling. She's pretty much guaranteed to get something done before dying. Still wouldn't mind some advice though seeing how this is my first time using Cresselia. I would have went with Latias instead, but I was really trying to limit the already heavy Ice weakness on this team.

Overrated (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 244 HP / 132 Spd / 6 SDef / 52 Def / 76 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Heat Wave
    - Earth Power
    - Substitute
    - Protect

Yet another pokemon I haven't used before (you'd be surprised how many "common" mons I haven't used). Pretty standard Sub set. Still undecided how I want to play it, as you can probably see by the EV's that are all over the place. Definitely want some help here.

Slugga (Gastrodon) (F) @ Rindo Berry
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 244 HP / 180 Def / 44 SDef / 42 SAtk
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Earth Power
    - Icy Wind
    - Recover
    - Protect

A modified defensive Gastrodon fitted for TR since this team kind of lacks solutions for it. A secondary Icy Wind user, mostly meant to stay in play as long as possible keeping Water attacks off Heatran (it would be interesting to try and Swill Swap Storm Drain to Heatran if I was sure there were no Ground type attacks on the other team).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Silvershark; 8th June 2013 at 8:35 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Well, have you seen chansey. it tanks well, and is a middle pokemon. I know this will sound bad, but look in the NFE section on smogon/pokemon showdown. That contains all the not fully evolved pokemon. One I would definatley suggest is zweilous. zweilous has the strongest non legendary dragon moves in the game due to hustle. now you have 3 pokemon, that do pretty well under TR. Those are some suggestions.
    I was thinking of using Magmar. Lava Plume should do nicely. Or perhaps a Blizzard spam would do better? I don't know.
    If I were to use Magmar, I would need one with Vital Spirit. Sleep is fairly popular among our league members. Only problem is I don't have one, and I'd rather not waste my time looking for one in the DW.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    I was thinking of using Magmar. Lava Plume should do nicely. Or perhaps a Blizzard spam would do better? I don't know.
    If I were to use Magmar, I would need one with Vital Spirit. Sleep is fairly popular among our league members. Only problem is I don't have one, and I'd rather not waste my time looking for one in the DW.
    It appears I have a DWf Magby, but I'm really busy these days. But if you're sure you want to go with Vital Spirit Magmar, drop me a VM a little later tonight. By then I should be able to give you a definite answer about whether or not I can get your Magby for you.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Hey guys! Been working on the new OP and a couple things came to mind.

First of all, I need a complete list of the members here. Please check the OP and see if your name is on the member list. If not, please VM me so I can add your name to the list!! Also, I want to separate all the members into the VGC Age Groups, to kind of add a little bit of flair. (: This also helps us with possible future tournaments, maybe have a Masters vs. Seniors vs. Juniors tourney. So please, let me know your age group! This is pretty important!

Age Group Reference:
    • Junior Division: Born 2002 or later
    • Senior Division: Born 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001
    • Masters Division: Born 1997 or earlier

Secondly, the International Challenge June is fast approaching! I've already submitted the official discussion page, and is just waiting for approval from the moderators! Do you have your teams ready guys? Let's get this club back into gear and let the discussion rampage!

I personally have two team ideas set. Both sort of have Pokemon already bred, and also need other Pokemon bred. I saw a discussion page on Infernape in the 5th Gen Competitive Forum, and along with watching the Sinnoh League episodes on the Pokemon TV app, it made me really interested in trying the Pokemon out. I had a few battles with it, and I think I like it! Had a battle against joej m, actually, with it yesterday! Was a good battle, and I barely lost. Definitely one of the more intense games I've played; he deserved his win. (: I'm probably going to make some modifications to my team members, but I think I'll be sticking with this Infernape team.

So yeah! What's up Double Battlers? This club's been pretty quiet lately!
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 8th June 2013 at 6:12 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Hi everyone~!
    Sorry for the inactivity, I've been doing A LOT of playthroughs with my friends xD It's addicting x3
    Sooooooo, I'm making a new VGC team, and i'll be looking for a battle soon.
    Anywayz, what have I missed? xD

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Hey guys! It's been quite a long time, but I have returned! I am just here to let everyone know I'm still around. I have been inactive because of school, but it's the summer now, so I'm here to stay! I have finished my VGC team for the Nationals in July if anyone wants to battle.

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    So please, let me know your age group!

Age Group Reference:
    • Junior Division: Born 2002 or later
    • Senior Division: Born 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001
    • Masters Division: Born 1997 or earlier
    I am in the Senior Division!

I just got back from a tournament. The leagues here in Utah love to hold tournaments. I went 4:0 using the same team I always use. I really should change my team...

Anyway, I thought you guys might like to see the prize I won: One of each stretched Yen coin from the Pokémon Centers in Japan.
        Spoiler:- Prize:

EDIT: I didn't notice you asking for our age divisions. I'm a master.
    Last edited by LordVader2719; 9th June 2013 at 3:48 AM.

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

Quote Originally Posted by lavaburst14 View Post
    Hi everyone~!
    Sorry for the inactivity, I've been doing A LOT of playthroughs with my friends xD It's addicting x3
    Sooooooo, I'm making a new VGC team, and i'll be looking for a battle soon.
    Anywayz, what have I missed? xD
    not much, just a ownership change, a lot of new things, and random talking about teams.

@Justin: Was never added to the list, so :/ anywho, im in the seniors division.

Hello Guys !
    Sorry for my inactivity in this group for a long time, I have not posted here in awhile.

Does anyone here want to help me with doubles ?
    I really ain't too good at it.

But I have been battling since the two International challenges ago, but have never made a team on my own.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

hellooooo i am here guys...

Hi, my name is Yveltal96 and I am a competitive Double Battler. My favorite VGC Pokemon is Scizor as it is a threat anyone has to be prepared for, otherwise you will be swept by him, and i like to run a bulky swords dance set with him. My favorite Pokemon in general in Scizor because his design is just amazing. I like double battles because it leaves room for many strategies such as Guard Split Shuckle+Eviolite Chansey and Skill Swap Blissey+Regigigas. I also like using Beat Up Whimsicott on my Justified Virizion, as it maximizes her attack in one turn.

Well, double battles have been fun. Made countless different teams over the last few weeks. I am a little unhappy about missing out on UK nationals, but I'll be over it.
    Anyway, I am in masters for VGC.
    P.S. when is someone going to accept yveltal96's application? ^

Well. I think my becoming OP Owner made me a mod, plus yveltal96's application looks good, plus it seems none of the other mods saw it so, I'll go ahead and accept him.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB YVELTAL96!!

Unless I'm actually not allowed to then you can slap me and accept him then. :P

Anyways, for those unknowing, the International Challenge - June registration page is up! Go sign up guys!

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Lol so looks like I am unofficially accepted >.<

Well, here is one of my teams replays to see it in action!
    Here is the importable
        Spoiler:- Importable:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/sm...ubles-20580356
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/sm...ubles-20588206
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/sm...ubles-20647112
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/sm...ubles-20660017
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/sm...ubles-20434586
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/sm...ubles-20435861

and yes I do win that first one lol gets intense
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 10th June 2013 at 2:13 AM.

Well. I think my becoming OP Owner made me a mod, plus yveltal96's application looks good, plus it seems none of the other mods saw it so, I'll go ahead and accept him.

Anyways, for those unknowing, the International Challenge - June registration page is up! Go sign up guys!
    I guess ill pull something last minute for it then...im still bummed about being cheated out of nationals, so this might be a good way to distract me.

Also don't go telling people it's ok to slap you, they might walk down the street, see you, and slap you randomly. :P

Not too be a downer or anything, but
    so we can sign-up yet, or at least it doesnt show up for me. :/
    Last edited by Cryssy; 10th June 2013 at 2:29 AM.

Are mods allowed to accept new members? I'm not sure what our limits are in that department, otherwise I would have accepted him. Pretty sure becoming OP owner makes you a co-leader though.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    I guess ill pull something last minute for it then...im still bummed about being cheated out of nationals, so this might be a good way to distract me.

Also don't go telling people it's ok to slap you, they might walk down the street, see you, and slap you randomly. :P

Not too be a downer or anything, but
    so we can sign-up yet, or at least it doesnt show up for me. :/
    What happened with Nationals!: :O
    And I dunno. Slapping sounds like a good way to reprimand me for overstepping my boundaries. :P

And that's for the Official Serebii International Challenge Registration Page that I put up every tournament. (: Not the actual registrations hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Are mods allowed to accept new members? I'm not sure what our limits are in that department, otherwise I would have accepted him. Pretty sure becoming OP owner makes you a co-leader though.
    I thought that was the main job of the mods! xD I don't know about co-leader though. I feel like all you other guys deserve it more than me haha. I just want things to look pretty! and to keep the club moving along. :P

Also! Anyone want to help InsaneDragoniteHD with Doubles? He needs help!
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 10th June 2013 at 1:50 PM.

What happened with Nationals!: :O
    And I dunno. Slapping sounds like a good way to reprimand me for overstepping my boundaries. :P

And that's for the Official Serebii International Challenge Registration Page that I put up every tournament. (: Not the actual registrations hahah

I thought that was the main job of the mods! xD I don't know about co-leader though. I feel like all you other guys deserve it more than me haha. I just want things to look pretty! and to keep the club moving along. :P

Also! Anyone want to help InsaneDragoniteHD with Doubles? He needs help!
    IDHD is a member of my club, I would be happy to help him

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    IDHD is a member of my club, I would be happy to help him
    mind if i "borrow" your chansey shuckle idea, as it would be a wall to a fair portion of the metagame.... though it would have a problem with ghosts.

@Justin: it's not nice to trick people like that ;-;
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    mind if i "borrow" your chansey shuckle idea, as it would be a wall to a fair portion of the metagame.... though it would have a problem with ghosts.

@Justin: it's not nice to trick people like that ;-;
    lol.
    yeah sure thing. With ghosts, you could use a defensive eviolite Dusclops and teach him night shade, or toxic stall them, as that is one of my Chansey's moves

Well first of all I want to say sorry for being gone for such a long time, I was very busy with college and especially due to finals, and lately i have been busy with work as well, I'm psyched to get back into pokemon and especially with the upcoming june wifi tournament!! Although I need a new team -.-
    Anyways, did I miss anything important? I think I read something about new owner O.O
    Justin, i'm a master rank by the way
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

Hello I am garyoaksapprentice. My favorite VGC Pokemon is Gastrodon because it is the perfect fit for my rain room strategy. I wish to do any job you ask me to do because I will work for you and your needs. I wish to become a double battler because I want to be able to be prepared for every kind of battle ( Just Like my master). My favorite Pokemon is Blastoise because when I am fighting any kind of pokemon it is very speedy and can always lay some hit points out before it gets knocked ( and also beacuse my master has one).

Sincerely, garyoaksaprentice

I am grass/water and dragon trainer

@garyoakapprentice: You are in!

Anyways, HOW IS IT SO QUIET WHEN THE JUNE INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE IS ONLY DAYS AWAY!?!?

Which also reminds me, if you're playing, along with signing up on the GBU, don't forget to also register here at SPPF's Unofficial Official Registration Thread.

@garyoakapprentice: You are in!

Anyways, HOW IS IT SO QUIET WHEN THE JUNE INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE IS ONLY DAYS AWAY!?!?

Which also reminds me, if you're playing, along with signing up on the GBU, don't forget to also register here at SPPF's Unofficial Official Registration Thread.
    I was going to join it, but my Chansey in game isn't ready yet :/ Still haven't finished EV training it. I was getting ready for this one too.
    Oh well, by the time the next one is ready, so will Chansey

As I am posting now, I am about to battle to break 1700. I had problems with my original team, so I dragged some stuff from my VGC vault, and now I got a decent team... wait my turn... there. Now where was I... darn, breloom is dead... wait a sec. Now it is nice to see you all. How is the IC coming along. Hopefully there will be lofely videos about your time. Well, main thing, do you folks have any MVPs in your IC team? For me it is togekiss. With a over-the top tank ev set, able to withstand normal gem explosions from a metagross and a hh, dg, dm from modest, max attack latios. Now that is tankish. Not to mention flinch factor 9 on the air slash and serene grace. And tailwind and follow me. Well any way( as of now, I am above 1700 on IC Wooo!) Back on subject... well togekiss is great. Supporting the other team members. Also, anything odd in teams youve seen. Well, i just saw a hyper voice hydreigon and flame burst chandelure. Can't remember others.

Hi guys guess who =P Im not sure if i have to re-apply for the club. Im sure a few of you should remember me. If i don't it'll save me time searching for my old app and reposting it.

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast