Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Hi guys guess who =P Im not sure if i have to re-apply for the club. Im sure a few of you should remember me. If i don't it'll save me time searching for my old app and reposting it.
    I'm certain I saw you whilst looking back. Has anyone noticed that there was about 20 pages missing in the club one day, and never returning. Got a RMT on my IC team on NB(togetank and friends) so, how fare all in international challange. Me 17xx( definatley here, and should have been higher, but team trouble first day) in 32 battles, and dc below 20%.I found alot of DC ers around. Mainly with high stats.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    I'm certain I saw you whilst looking back. Has anyone noticed that there was about 20 pages missing in the club one day, and never returning. Got a RMT on my IC team on NB(togetank and friends) so, how fare all in international challange. Me 17xx( definatley here, and should have been higher, but team trouble first day) in 32 battles, and dc below 20%.I found alot of DC ers around. Mainly with high stats.
    Hahaha 14xx. I did not do well. Started college which took away most of my free Pokemkn timecos we're not mentioning Animal Crossing. xD

But I had fun during the tourney! Got to play around with Shedinja which was a very educational experience. Helped me try to make smart predictions, and manage my field better, which definitely an educational experience.

Hey! How many of us in this club participated in the International Challenge June? Its supposedly the last Wi-Fi tournament (with Play! Pokemon points a least). Why dont we host a tournament here toget more use out of these Pokemon? Its a shame that most of us will only use these Pokemon once.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Hahaha 14xx. I did not do well. Started college which took away most of my free Pokemkn timecos we're not mentioning Animal Crossing. xD

But I had fun during the tourney! Got to play around with Shedinja which was a very educational experience. Helped me try to make smart predictions, and manage my field better, which definitely an educational experience.

Hey! How many of us in this club participated in the International Challenge June? Its supposedly the last Wi-Fi tournament (with Play! Pokemon points a least). Why dont we host a tournament here toget more use out of these Pokemon? Its a shame that most of us will only use these Pokemon once.
    that'd be a good idea, considering i didnt get to battle even once. i registered for it, but things happened...
    The biggest issue is, who would do the work to manage the tourney, i assume you justin?

Sounds like a great idea. I may tweek my team a tad, due to last minute team putting together. Adding a couple of pokemon to make the team better. Getting rid of chandy and metagross for something else.

Hey guys quick question: After worlds are over dont your birthday has to be in 1998 or beyond to be in masters?

Also im working on a bulky serperior set. Any suggestions on how to EV it? I don't have a damage calculator available atm so i don't know how to EV it to live certain hits

About the IC-J: I done amazing. I got a rating of 1689 (hardly played) and barely lost. I also beat some NBers. Few people DC'd on me which is awesome

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    that'd be a good idea, considering i didnt get to battle even once. i registered for it, but things happened...
    The biggest issue is, who would do the work to manage the tourney, i assume you justin?
    I unfortunately cannot run a tournament. I can help set up, maybe even participate, but since I live in the Philippines now and school is currently my priority, I would not be a good person to rely on for a tournament. Anyone else willing to step in and take the pitch? I can def help with helping set it up and stuff though. (:

So NATIONALS. ARE. UNDERWAY!!!

Who's going/there? I'm mad jealous of everyone there. Like, UGGH. WHY DO I LIVE IN THE PHILIPPINES AND NOT THE STATES???

Sounds like a great idea. I may tweek my team a tad, due to last minute team putting together. Adding a couple of pokemon to make the team better. Getting rid of chandy and metagross for something else.
    Yeah, I'm changing my team up too. I have a couple of ideas that I want to play with, and.. i think I'm going to break my own rule and start using Legendary Pokemon. Probably not standard teams, or super Standard mons, but I feel like I've stunted my creativity as a Trainer by blocking out a good 1/3 of the Pokemon available. Soo, I'm going to try and see if I can come up with anything good this way. :P

Hey guys quick question: After worlds are over dont your birthday has to be in 1998 or beyond to be in masters?

Also im working on a bulky serperior set. Any suggestions on how to EV it? I don't have a damage calculator available atm so i don't know how to EV it to live certain hits

About the IC-J: I done amazing. I got a rating of 1689 (hardly played) and barely lost. I also beat some NBers. Feaw people DC'd on me which is awesome
    I'm sure the age cut will be adjusted after Worlds. (:

As for Serperior, not too sure. I myself am bad with EV Spreads, so if anyone could help zombieoverkill that would be awesome. What, in particular, are you trying to live?

And congrats on your placement! I haven't even checked mine, cos I barely played myself and I only won like 2 matches. xD
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! So US Nationals are over! Did anyone go? How'd you do? And if you didn't go, what'd you think of it? Did you keep up with it?

I'm still mad jealous I couldn't go. It's weird though, not seeing some of the more famed players take the spotlight again this year. But at the same time, I think it's really cool, in that lesser known players can finally have their time in the spotlight. It's representative of how the metagame has gotten so that everyone has an opportunity to play and win, which is exciting for me, seeing some new blood out there doing well.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 10th July 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Sorry but no double posting jstin. You know the rules =p

Anyway i didn't go to Nats but i kept up with it slightly viaJWittz. I know a couple of guys who went. I aim to go next year since im in masters starting today =p

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

Sorry but no double posting jstin. You know the rules =p

Anyway i didn't go to Nats but i kept up with it slightly viaJWittz. I know a couple of guys who went. I aim to go next year since im in masters starting today =p
    yeah, I typed it up on my iPad and it wasn't letting me edit, so I just posted it and I was going to go back and edit it later but forgot. But I fixed it!

Anyways, I guess someone should post the streams for National's VGC Battles. There was some really high quality playing this year, especially from the Junior and Junior Divisions, which people tend to overlook. :P

Anyways, the streams!!

Juniors Division VGC Finals
    (Beau Berg vs. Maylee Hornak)

Senior Division VGC Finals
    (Paul Chua vs. DeVon Ingram)

Masters Division VGC Finals
    (Gavin Michaels vs. Enosh Shacar)

Some things I'd like to comment on is how professional the commentators are. They're actually well known players in the VGC Community, known as Scott and Evan, who have both sort of taken a step back from the competitive aspect of the game and taken more towards cultivating the community with commentating, articles, etc (ex. Nugget Bridge). TPCi actually reached out to them and asked them to commentate the matches LIVE during Nationals, sort of as a test drive for Worlds where they seem to planning on livestreaming the matches like the did last year, only this time, they just might reach out to the actual VGC Community to commentate instead of asking their employees to take a crash course in VGC and try to commentate (and doing a subpar job, although I definitely give them credit for trying).

What I really wanted to talk about was how skilled they were with their commentary. It was in-depth, thorough, and extremely informative, as it should be. But at the same time, they did not reveal anything to the players that could have given the upper hand to either competitors. It was great for the audience, while not too analytic to spoil things for the competitors. That takes a lot of skill from the commentators, and I feel like they did a great job. Hopefully, this continues to be a thing the TPCi carries over to next year's VGCs, as well as at this year's Worlds.

But yeah, what do you guys think of the battles?

I've been out of it for the past two weeks, but i've been trying to keep up with the Nationals. Anyway, the commentary was really amazing (well, at least the little I heard). It was also pretty great that both of them have a pretty good idea of not only the metagame but the players as well. I really do enjoy commentary for matches, and I expect great things at the world championships.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    I've been out of it for the past two weeks, but i've been trying to keep up with the Nationals. Anyway, the commentary was really amazing (well, at least the little I heard). It was also pretty great that both of them have a pretty good idea of not only the metagame but the players as well. I really do enjoy commentary for matches, and I expect great things at the world championships.
    Same! I'm really excited for VGC in general. There's a lot to come out of this whole thing. It's amazing that TPCi is really digging into the community and figuring out what we'll best respond to.

Also, THIS IS IMPORTANT. GUYS ,I KNOW THAT PARTICIPATION HAS NOT BEEN ALL THAT HIGH LATELY, BUT THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. IT'S IMPORTANT THAT YOU ALL DO ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE IN THIS!!!

So, Shreyas has brought to my attention that there is a call for VGC to get its own forum here on Serebii GRANTED THAT IT GETS ENOUGH SUPPORT.

Guys, this is the time for us to finally get VGC stuff out there and our own forum for us to talk intelligently amongst ourselves! So what do we need to make this happen?

YOU NEED TO BOAST YOUR SUPPORT HERE AS IN CLICK ON THE WORD "HERE" if it's not clear enough.

Make sure you guys post that you would, actually, support a VGC subforum! This is great news for us Double Battlers, as it serves as both an outlet as well as advertisement! Since it'll be a subforum, people will come in and actually look into VGC, roping in tons of new players who would otherwise not have known what VGC was and that Double Battles are actually extremely fun and competitive. This is monumental for Serebii in terms of Double Battles. So, as members of this club, we need to really show our support for this!

GO OUT AND CLICK THE BUTTON! AND LET THEM KNOW YOU WOULD SUPPORT A VGC SUBFORUM!!!!

EDIT:

So yeah. You should go hardcore with your support with these beautiful banners (totally not tooting my own horn)

FORGET CREDITS JUST PUT IT IN YOUR SIG UNTIL WE GET THE SUBFORUM
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 11th July 2013 at 4:26 PM.

After so many years we're JUST NOW considering getting a sub-forum? I would rather stick to NB but it's pretty small over compared to serebii so a bunch of unknown VGCers may pop out.

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

After so many years we're JUST NOW considering getting a sub-forum? I would rather stick to NB but it's pretty small over compared to serebii so a bunch of unknown VGCers may pop out.
    Well, that's why we need to support this! This opens quite a bit of room, since not everyone uses Nugget Bridge. We could get some pretty interesting ideas from the Serebii userbase, not to mention we're not all super duper competitive in the way that we all bring in super standard teams, so it's great for creativity. Not to mention, it really helps with getting others into VGC.

edit: Not to mention, that's why this club exists, haha. SPPF overlooks VGC so hard, but that's cos most of the people who encountered it did so in like, '09, where it was not a really good metagame. Someone won with like a Fly Rayquaza or something of the sort back then. VGC has gotten vastly more complex since most players last checked in, and this subforum would really help rope those people in.

Hi, I am 55afrothunder/hades666 (you can call me either one doesn't matter to me) I am a competitive double battler. My favorite pokemon is gengar but in VGC it's the vicious rhyperior because it destroys many teams under trick room with its powerful STABS and 140 attack, I don't really like double battles but I just want to go to the official pokemon tournament next year so I found this club a great way to get battles and get better, and no I don't plan to get any jobs because Ain't nobody got time fo dat

Credits go to golem12
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39688982
    Sig exceeds the KB size limit. Read the signature rules before editing.

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

55afrothunder, I believe that that application is in order (but I don't get the not liking double battles when VGC is doubles, but maybe you will soften up to them eventually), so

Welcome to Club Double Trouble

It is great to see that there maybe a new VGC forum in the not to distant future. Oh, and I made myself a personal banner for the VGC Support thing.

Oh, and whist I'm at it, what do you guys think of vanilluxe as a VGC mon. A set I'm using is:

Snowstorm (Vanilluxe) @ Chople Berry
    Trait: Ice Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SDef / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Ice Shard
    - Explosion
    - Protect

What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 55afrothunder View Post
    Hi, I am 55afrothunder/hades666 (you can call me either one doesn't matter to me) I am a competitive double battler. My favorite pokemon is gengar but in VGC it's the vicious rhyperior because it destroys many teams under trick room with its powerful STABS and 140 attack, I don't really like double battles but I just want to go to the official pokemon tournament next year so I found this club a great way to get battles and get better, and no I don't plan to get any jobs because Ain't nobody got time fo dat
    I thought you were and OU, UU, and Ubers only type of guy. Oh well. Welcome gramps xD

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

Quote Originally Posted by 55afrothunder View Post
    Hey! Welcome to the club! Let us know if you need any help, and we'll definitely try to help you out. (: Also, I've found that watching streams of VGC battles can be really helpful when trying to get a feel for the metagame and how everything kind of runs, and I noticed you said that you like Rhyperior in Trick Room. I personally used to be a pretty hardcore dedicated Trick Room player, so I can attest for its power, plus its coverage is great for hitting important things in the metagame. This year's 1st Runner up at Nationals, the official tournament, actually won Trick Room Rhyperior as well, and although he didn't win, he did make some very excellent plays. I'd suggest taking a look at it. You can click here to go watch the video.

As for not liking Doubles, after playing in the metagame for a bit, I'm sure you'll change your mind.

Oh, and whist I'm at it, what do you guys think of vanilluxe as a VGC mon. A set I'm using is:

Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Ice Shard
    - Explosion
    - Protect

What you think?
    That is unique for sure. No one would see it, hahha!

It's an interesting thing to test out. Not sure how effective it would be, as with base 79 Speed, but it would definitely catch some people offguard. I guess it would be a great late-game Pokemon, although Explosion makes that somewhat questionable. I'd probably rather run Focus Sash over Chople, just to ensure it doesn't get OHKO'd by other things it's weak to (Volcarona, Scizor, HP Fire, etc.).

Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Ice Shard
    - Explosion
    - Protect

What you think?
    Interesting thought, I like Vanilluxe but I've never used it much because I find they don't have much versatility for moves. I certainly don't think I'd choose to go with a physical one. I'd either go for special or mixed. Special has the advantage of being able to draw from a more diverse movepool in terms of types (including Signal Beam, Water Pulse, Flash cannon, and Mirror Shot), as well as being naturally the higher stat.

But mixed has some nice appeal too because those stats are already so close, and being able to draw from both means you can take advantage of a heavy hitting move like Explosion while being able to fire off high-powered Blizzards or other coverage moves.

If I was going to make myself a Vanilluxe based on a similar pattern to yours, I'd probably go with
    Brave/Quiet nature
    Put most of my EVs into HP, and divide the rest into Attack, Def, and Sp.Def. Whether or not I'd bother with Sp.Atk EVs would depend on which nature I chose.
    Ice Shard (possibly Avalanche, if you feel like gambling a bit. You're using a decreased priority move, but the trade off is a strong physical ice attack that can reach a base power of 120)
    Blizzard
    Protect
    Explosion

Ice shard gives priority and compensates for lost speed. Blizzard takes advantage of that really nice Sp.A stat. The problem is that this requires Hail to be in effect to be reliable, but a Pokemon with Ice Body as its ability really should be in Hail anyway. (I certainly wouldn't recommend Weak Armour. I don't think it would do something like Vanilluxe much good). Protect is standard. Explosion takes a bit more prediction because of the lost speed now, but it still works as a great back-up move to deal a hefty amount of damage where Ice moves don't serve. The big problem is that it's completely walled by Jellicent. But, there's nothing Vanilluxe can do about Jellicent anyway (barring HP), so there's no point worrying about that.

Well, there's my ideas for what they're worth. Hope they at least help you think out whether you need a change or should just stick with Snowstorm as he is. ^_^

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

In honor of my support for VGC, I feel I should join this club, regardless if it's active or not. And as much as I'd love to go to regionals/nationals/championships... I think it's apparent that it may never happen. Not that I won't be playing in the future, I just doubt I'll have the time. Anyway, I probably should look into that stuff as a means to potentially get better ^_^

So yeah, I'd love to join the group guys
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Awesome! We've got a pretty nice snowball going here. I'll go and put one of those amazing banners into my signature now~

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    In honor of my support for VGC, I feel I should join this club, regardless if it's active or not. And as much as I'd love to go to regionals/nationals/championships... I think it's apparent that it may never happen. Not that I won't be playing in the future, I just doubt I'll have the time. Anyway, I probably should look into that stuff as a means to potentially get better ^_^

So yeah, I'd love to join the group guys
    Welcome!

The club's still active, it's just been in a lull. Everytime there's a wifi tourney everyone migrates to that thread, and the rest of us have just been busy with other things.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Awesome! We've got a pretty nice snowball going here. I'll go and put one of those amazing banners into my signature now~
    For me it was jstinftw! asking me to support the VGC forum idea, which directed me here first XD

But yeah banners help

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Welcome!

The club's still active, it's just been in a lull. Everytime there's a wifi tourney everyone migrates to that thread, and the rest of us have just been busy with other things.
    Thank you

I somehow suspected that... those tourney threads are quite interesting (considering I've competed in most of them)
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 13th July 2013 at 5:59 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

lol Welcome to the club, Joltik-kid! To be honest, I thought you would have joined much earlier because you are so active on the IC threads.

Can anyone help me make a vgc team?

Credits go to golem12
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39688982
    Sig exceeds the KB size limit. Read the signature rules before editing.

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

So this is really interesting.

Thanks to Nugget Bridge, we have the Top 32 Teams that played at US Nationals, and I'm really surprised. A couple things that I noticed right off the bat:

1. There were more Ninetales than there were Politoed.
    2. Salamence and Scrafty had a very big showing.
    3. There was a crazy amount of diversity in the Pokemon chosen for each team.
    4. Sand was the most popular weather
    5. Most of the Pokemon that were repeated used were not commonly used Pokemon. Scrafty, Escavalier, Togekiss, Bisharp, Salamence, and more. They are seen, but not common. This is not what one would expect from such a prestigious tournament in VGC.
    6. Even lesser used Pokemon like Exeggutor, Steelix, Glaceon, MISDREAVUS (TOP 2!!!!), Heracross, Manectric, Rhyperior (AGAIN TOP 2!!!!). These are next to never seen from hardcore competitive players, and yet, viola. They were all in the Top Cut, most of them actually used by the Top 20 Ranked teams.

This year's Nationals showed an extreme amount of diversity from the competitors, which only goes to show that everyone who says that this game is stale and you have a pool of like 4 or 5 teams to choose from is wrong.

Interesting that barring the missing data screwing it up, there's only four Pokemon that broke 1/6 usage. Pretty good diversity for a "stale" old metagame, though I doubt anyone is surprised the the top three Pokemon are what they are. I would probably not put Metagross with them, but the other three are kind of in their own class. Shame Pokemon doesn't really get balance patches, because they could all probably stand to be toned down in XY...
    Scott from Nugget Bridge

Spoiler:- Rant about people who don't really know VGC:

So what are your guys' thoughts?
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 15th July 2013 at 10:07 AM.

So this is really interesting.

Thanks to Nugget Bridge, we have the Top 32 Teams that played at US Nationals, and I'm really surprised. A couple things that I noticed right off the bat:

1. There were more Ninetales than there were Politoed.
    2. Salamence and Scrafty had a very big showing.
    3. There was a crazy amount of diversity in the Pokemon chosen for each team.
    4. Sand was the most popular weather
    5. Most of the Pokemon that were repeated used were not commonly used Pokemon. Scrafty, Escavalier, Togekiss, Bisharp, Salamence, and more. They are seen, but not common. This is not what one would expect from such a prestigious tournament in VGC.
    6. Even lesser used Pokemon like Exeggutor, Steelix, Glaceon, MISDREAVUS (TOP 2!!!!), Heracross, Manectric, Rhyperior (AGAIN TOP 2!!!!). These are next to never seen from hardcore competitive players, and yet, viola. They were all in the Top Cut, most of them actually used by the Top 20 Ranked teams.

This year's Nationals showed an extreme amount of diversity from the competitors, which only goes to show that everyone who says that this game is stale and you have a pool of like 4 or 5 teams to choose from is wrong.

Scott from Nugget Bridge

Spoiler:- Rant about people who don't really know VGC:

So what are your guys' thoughts?
    I believe the top 16 European teams are just being done, so should be up sometime. I have tried alot this season ( vanilluxe and even HP fire amoonguss, which scizor detests), but the diversity from liepard breloom is shocking. I expected more of them. Looking at a new team now, but it is incomplete.

Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast