Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

  1. #1501
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while I have been busy with school and vgc nationals.

    but anyway also the seniors teams were posted http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic...ps/#entry38995.

    Edit: Also btw I got 3rd at nationals!!!!
    Last edited by drizzleboy12; 16th July 2013 at 12:00 AM.

    Credit to me

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while I have been busy with school and vgc nationals.

    but anyway also the seniors teams were posted http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic...ps/#entry38995.

    Edit: Also btw I got 3rd at nationals!!!!
    I got 21st... I was beaten by someone in their first year at Nationals and someone who won the regionals this year and my percent was just a little too low, so no top 16 for me.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  3. #1503
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    So hey... yeah...
    I have contacted a club section moderator twice with no reply to change the owner, but it the VGC sub forum goes up, then I think this can be shut down, so I have been sitting back and waiting it out to see what happens with that.
    Anyway lets hope we have SOME way to keep VGC on serebii~!

  4. #1504
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    592

    Default

    First off, congrats to Kyurem and drizzleboy for your performance at nationals! ^^

    Second, I have to say I was somewhat taken by surprise to see the Pokemon that were used. I would NEVER had called Ninetales being used at all, much less being used more than Politoed. And Swift Swim Kingdra made surprisingly poor showing, too. And then there were just so many "surprise" pokemon. I mean, come on! Glaceon? Misdreavus? STEELIX? There was definitely a fair share of "standard" teams that we've all come to know and love and be bored of, but they were far fewer in number than I would have thought.

    All I can say is, that's so refreshing to see how the metagame has evolved, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen at worlds!

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  5. #1505
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    @Drizzleboy: I got that news! Awesome job, and I expect you to take 1st at Worlds xP
    @Kyurem: Don't feel too bad! 21st place is still AMAZING. I remember feeling terrible after getting 18th place in 2011, but when you think about it, you have the same finish as those in top 16, maybe not place-wise, but win-loss. Still good, and you should feel proud!

    @zozo: IKR! Nationals is where all the standards tend to nearly go away. You'll see really weird sets and Pokemon, and generally those take top places! A lot of trainers may look like they are running standard teams, but a lot of them actually have standard Pokemon that have a pretty crazy twist to them. In worlds, I expect to see some pretty awesome Pokemon.

    @joejm: Did you go to nationals? .-. Also, might as well shut down the club after the forum goes up, the club did it's job, and actually spread awareness of VGCs as well, so it had a pretty nice run


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  6. #1506
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,589

    Default

    Any place at nationals would be nice... I don't live anywhere near where regional's are played, so I couldn't enter even if I wanted too. So Congrats to those who can compete and did rank
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  7. #1507
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default

        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  8. #1508
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Hey guys! How have you been?
    I'm so sorry i was away yet agin but some problems came up so... yeah ><
    So... i've read there wont be anymore 5th Gen tournaments? Thats kind of a shame since idk if i can get Pokemon XY or even a 3DS when they come out ><
    Either way... im planning on starting to play again from scratch so if i manage to get some time my plans are to have a full shiny pokedex with competitive pokemons xD
    I'm really glad to be back and to see you guys! ^^

    Oh btw justin, im on Masters division ^^
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  9. #1509
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    So, we got our VGCs subforum!

    I believe this club has served a strong purpose, and has definitely made a good impression. Now with the subforum, are you guys still planning on keeping this club running?


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  10. #1510
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! VGC SUBFORUM!!!!!!!!!

    We need to start talking about how we're going to keep the subforum alive though, so that we DON'T lose it. But as for the Club, I honestly don't see a reason to like, scrap it. This is where we, as VGC players, hang out and have casual conversations about VGC. This can be the planting grounds for big topics in the actual subforum, as well as serve as a place to just talk about VGC casually. There isn't exactly a chat thread. :P

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  11. #1511
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    This can also be a place for newer VGC players to ask questions and get team advice since Ragnarock made it pretty clear he doesn't want the new section turning into a help forum. I still think we should create a thread outlining the basics of doubles, then directing people here if they need more help. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to get a tournament set up after the global showdown to commemorate the opening of the sub-forum. Nothing fancy, just a plain VGC '13 ruleset, maybe a few pokemon for prizes. Should be easier to set up than our last attempts since it sounds like there won't be anymore wifi tourneys for awhile.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  12. #1512
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Exactly as justin and silvershark said.
    Quite a few people worked hard on this club mantaining it active and pretty (aham... i see you justin xD) so it would be a shame if it would be closed right?
    We can talk about the updates and news and that kind of stuff in the alreaddy existing thread on the sub-forum while conducting club activities like before, at least, thats my opinion.
    And now with our own sub-forum maybe we can attract even more people to the club making it even more active right? wich woul be awesme if we could have like weekly tournaments or at least a bit more frequent.
    Either way it will be amazing too see how many attention VGC will receive on serebii from now on, i hope it grows big!!! yush!!
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  13. #1513
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Yo, guys! I posted a thread about the locations of the VGCs 2014 events! To keep the activity a bit higher, it'd be awesome if you guys can start a discussion about what you want to see, and where you want some of the events to be held ;o


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  14. #1514
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Nicely done, i woul love to atten to VGC but its impossible for now ;_;


    Btw guys, what about we having a tournament here?
    I know this has been quiet for a while but maybe it would help us to be a bit more active? Maybe?
    Perosnally i dont think i can enter since i started new games on my white and white 2 yesterday but i can organize it if you guys want to ^^
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  15. #1515
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Nicely done, i woul love to atten to VGC but its impossible for now ;_;


    Btw guys, what about we having a tournament here?
    I know this has been quiet for a while but maybe it would help us to be a bit more active? Maybe?
    Perosnally i dont think i can enter since i started new games on my white and white 2 yesterday but i can organize it if you guys want to ^^
    How about we open it up to the whole site in general? ;o
    Like, we could run a tournament and put it past the admins so it can get a little more attention and a possibly larger participation.


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  16. #1516
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    How about we open it up to the whole site in general? ;o
    Like, we could run a tournament and put it past the admins so it can get a little more attention and a possibly larger participation.

    Yeah actually i was thinking if it would be possible to post it on the VGC sub-forum?
    it probably would help attracting more people to that section aswell.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  17. #1517
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Yeah actually i was thinking if it would be possible to post it on the VGC sub-forum?
    it probably would help attracting more people to that section aswell.
    Forum wide tournaments generally go here, but it'd be a lot cooler if we can have an "official" VGCs tournament. But, that requires a moderator to start the tournament.

    I mean Ragnarok did imply he'd consider starting up VGCs tournaments (unless I misunderstood), so we can just wait it out.


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  18. #1518
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Forum wide tournaments generally go here, but it'd be a lot cooler if we can have an "official" VGCs tournament. But, that requires a moderator to start the tournament.

    I mean Ragnarok did imply he'd consider starting up VGCs tournaments (unless I misunderstood), so we can just wait it out.
    Hmm should we try to contact him and talk about it?
    I think it would be cooler for it to be considered "official" in the VGC forum instead of just possting it alongside all the other single tournaments.
    And on top of that as said before, it would probably help the sub-forum getting a bit more attention
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  19. #1519
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    As sad as it may be I personally feel no need for this to exist at this point with the new VGC sub forum up.
    I personally believe we should shut it down and move all conversation to the nintendo format section.

    btw I am working on the articles:
    how to prepare for an event
    how to make custom EV spreads

  20. #1520
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    idk... after so much time it would be a shame tearing the club apart wouldnt it?
    i'd personally like to talk here just like up until now, can't really explain why but yeah...
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  21. #1521
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    As sad as it may be I personally feel no need for this to exist at this point with the new VGC sub forum up.
    I personally believe we should shut it down and move all conversation to the nintendo format section.

    btw I am working on the articles:
    how to prepare for an event
    how to make custom EV spreads
    My main problem with taking the club out is where would we actually be allowed to talk like this? The only place besides a club where the kind of back and forth we have here is allowed is via VM or PM. Which is only inclusive of two people. This club allows us a little metaphoric break room where we can just sit and chat about VGC and the things going on. Unless I'm mistaken, and there is somewhere else we can chat like this?

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  22. #1522
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    My main problem with taking the club out is where would we actually be allowed to talk like this? The only place besides a club where the kind of back and forth we have here is allowed is via VM or PM. Which is only inclusive of two people. This club allows us a little metaphoric break room where we can just sit and chat about VGC and the things going on. Unless I'm mistaken, and there is somewhere else we can chat like this?
    Exactly!
    And here we can talk about so many ddifferent topics, we wouldnt be able to do that outside here. Well... we would but we would have to go to diferent threads all the time i think.
    Why not just keeping the club up? I mean... why not? It isnt disturbing anyone after all and we can always come here and chat a bit ^^
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  23. #1523
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    We could ask to pin a general VGC chat thread I guess...?

    The only problem is it isn't a club at all... it is a chat room kinda... where there is no maintenance and would be much easier if it was open to the public and didn't have to follow club rules.
    If we can get a thread up for general chat then that would be great, but if not then I could rearrange the club a bit.

  24. #1524
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    We could ask to pin a general VGC chat thread I guess...?

    The only problem is it isn't a club at all... it is a chat room kinda... where there is no maintenance and would be much easier if it was open to the public and didn't have to follow club rules.
    If we can get a thread up for general chat then that would be great, but if not then I could rearrange the club a bit.
    And I canhelp make it pretty.

    But yeah that sounds solid. If we got a VGCChat thread that would be perfect.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  25. #1525
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    We could ask to pin a general VGC chat thread I guess...?

    The only problem is it isn't a club at all... it is a chat room kinda... where there is no maintenance and would be much easier if it was open to the public and didn't have to follow club rules.
    If we can get a thread up for general chat then that would be great, but if not then I could rearrange the club a bit.
    Oh... i didnt know there could be something like that ><
    That way yeah... why not? ^^
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •