Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

I'm still for keeping this club open for chatting/rating sets or teams/helping folks. It has a more casual atmosphere here.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    btw I am working on the articles:
    how to prepare for an event
    how to make custom EV spreads
    Here's that paragraph I wrote a few months back on customizing EV spreads if it helps:
        Spoiler:- EV'ing a scarf'd Hydreigon:

There should also by some sections on identifying and countering/using archetype teams, forms of speed control, support mons, re-directing attacks, Terracott-esque strategies (the last three can probably be put into one large section) , SWAGGER (this really needs it's own section though), Protect, why entry hazards don't work [as well] in doubles, and basic teambuilding of course (with maybe a subsection on when/when not to use more obscure pokemon).

Like I said before, it's a lot to cover. So I cannot stress enough how we all need to get involved and contribute instead of leaving it all on joej m's shoulders.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 6th August 2013 at 8:37 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

I will definitely be trying to contribute, but I can't really do anything massive until after midterms. So next week I should be more active in helping set up the Nintendo Formats subforum.

However, I do want to bring this up:

WORLDS WILL BE STREAMING LIVE!

As VGC players, I think it is imperative that we make as much noise about this as possible. This tournament will be where we can hook more players into our format, since they will see that VGC is more than just some stupid little thing TPCi is doing to "try" (and fail) to get us to be competitive. It is a legitimate and formidable format with much more reward than, say, the Smogon ladder or whatever. Getting this stream spread around and getting people to watch will show everyone that VGC is legit.

Also, the more people watching, the more we show TPCi our support. Meaning, they will see that we do respond to the things they try to do for us, and will influence them to do more. This is important. VGC is doing pretty well, but we're not quite there yet. Games like LoL and WoW all have a lot more support than Pokemon does, but that doesn't mean we can't get there. These are baby steps, and getting more people to watch will show TPCi that we will support them if they try to do more. So, even if you're not particularly interested in watching, just clicking the link and letting it run on mute in the background while you do other things on the internet is still helping. Although why you wouldn't I actually watch beats me hahah.

But this is big guys! When I get more time I'll try to make banners to advertise Worlds streaming!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I'm really excited to watch it!
    I only saw 1 or 2 videos where shofu attended to VGC and it looked amazing so i definetely will be watching every second of the stream ^^
    I would like to be a bit more envolved in this but idk how, i'd love to be able to fully understand pokemon and the competitive part of it but my brain doesnt seem to save everything, i wanted to be able to write articles or maybe even help people but for now its though ><
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    I'm really excited to watch it!
    I only saw 1 or 2 videos where shofu attended to VGC and it looked amazing so i definetely will be watching every second of the stream ^^
    I would like to be a bit more envolved in this but idk how, i'd love to be able to fully understand pokemon and the competitive part of it but my brain doesnt seem to save everything, i wanted to be able to write articles or maybe even help people but for now its though ><
    One thing that has drastically helped me personally was watching commentated videos on Nugget Bridge. Tuesday Night Fights, Nugget Bridge Invitational, and other commentated videos from Nugget Bridge really get you into the mind of the players, guiding you to see how people think, what you need to think about when you're considering your options, and also how to deal with certain situations. I also found a lot of help scouring RMTs, especially from respected and top tier players. And definitely play often. If you've got like 20 minutes to spare, hop on Showdown and practice with a team you want to test out. Getting as much practice as you can is instrumental to you building and retaining information.

Those are my suggestions to you for how to increase your personal knowledge. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post

Like I said before, it's a lot to cover. So I cannot stress enough how we all need to get involved and contribute instead of leaving it all on joej m's shoulders.
    I actually agree with this. Although I am the one who contacted joej m to work on this article, I think that anyone who can help joej m to properly iron out the article would serve a greater purpose. Anyone willing to contribute should PM joej m and let them know you want to help, on either of his topics.

Hopefully joej m sends it to me so I can proofread it and make it pretty. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    There should also by some sections on identifying and countering/using archetype teams, forms of speed control, support mons, re-directing attacks, Terracott-esque strategies (the last three can probably be put into one large section) , SWAGGER (this really needs it's own section though), Protect, why entry hazards don't work [as well] in doubles, and basic teambuilding of course (with maybe a subsection on when/when not to use more obscure pokemon).
    Team Building in VGC is a really important thread to have in the Nintendo Format sub forum, since one of the biggest roadblocks for a newcomer is "HOW DO I BUILD A TEAM!?" Special mentions to straight up copying a person's team and starting off with your own (usually more creative) builds should also be highlighted, as the former definitely makes things easier while the latter helps you, personally, break into the metagame with creativity. This is an article I am personally qualified to help write, as I still do not run your paper cut and paste teams, but have started from a "I refuse to use anything that is overused" to "I need to use what I need to use, while also considering the options I have available to me."
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 7th August 2013 at 6:13 AM.

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    One thing that has drastically helped me personally was watching commentated videos on Nugget Bridge. Tuesday Night Fights, Nugget Bridge Invitational, and other commentated videos from Nugget Bridge really get you into the mind of the players, guiding you to see how people think, what you need to think about when you're considering your options, and also how to deal with certain situations. I also found a lot of help scouring RMTs, especially from respected and top tier players. And definitely play often. If you've got like 20 minutes to spare, hop on Showdown and practice with a team you want to test out. Getting as much practice as you can is instrumental to you building and retaining information.

Those are my suggestions to you for how to increase your personal knowledge. (:

Thank you! I really apreciate that ^^
    I'll definetely take a look at those.
    I think i've only played 3 times or so on showdown, since i prefer playing via wifi i never payed much attention to it but since it's more pratical i might aswell give it another try x)

Thank you! I really apreciate that ^^
    I'll definetely take a look at those.
    I think i've only played 3 times or so on showdown, since i prefer playing via wifi i never payed much attention to it but since it's more pratical i might aswell give it another try x)
    Yeah, I'm not too fond of playing on Showdown either, but it's definitely great for testing. Honestly, playing on both sims and on WiFi produces the best results, as they both offer a variety of challenges, so even I have come to agreement with it, even with my disdain for battle sims. :P

Anyways, the thread about the 2013 Pokemon World Championships Stream is up! Comments?

About showdown testing, this is mainly where I test. I test the team on the smogon server(to work the nuts and bolts) and then to the NB server ( playing mainly people with alot of vgc experience). I don't gbu test at all, untill the tourney, but I am improving my rnging skills, so should do well.

Oh, and I can't wait for mega evolutions in X and Y. My favourite has to be megalucario and megablaziken. They all look dangerous, but I can't wait for vgc with these pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    About showdown testing, this is mainly where I test. I test the team on the smogon server(to work the nuts and bolts) and then to the NB server ( playing mainly people with alot of vgc experience). I don't gbu test at all, untill the tourney, but I am improving my rnging skills, so should do well.

Oh, and I can't wait for mega evolutions in X and Y. My favourite has to be megalucario and megablaziken. They all look dangerous, but I can't wait for vgc with these pokemon.
    Oh man! indeed!
    I want that lucario so badly, he looks cool as hell, and that ampharos aswell. Electric/Dragon with mold breaker? Thats scary

Yeah ampharos getting dragon (finally, he's name means electric dragon for gosh sakes) is pretty cool but i bet to get the mega form they need to hold a mega stone. And vgc rules state no duplicate items. If that's the case then that means you're only limited to one mega mon. I hope that doesn't happen..

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

maybe... who knows?
    Even so if i have to choosse only one it will be lucario without a doubt. He looks epic!
    But i hope not... i mean... Adaptability lucario + an iten would be too op but i'd still would want to be able to use more than one in VGC :/
    Maybe it will have some other requeriments... at least i hope so

Well not quite. Lucario is pretty frail so you might be forced into giving it a sash for it to live an eq or as or something.

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

Mega evolutions?
    Sheesh, Seems I've done a good job of not letting myself get too much news about the new games, but I might have to take a quick look at this. Sounds intriguing! And yet... I'd kind of like to approach this generation differently than gen V... well, I'll decide that later.

Since we're talking a little about sims, I used to not use them at all, but now I'm really enjoying them. Random battles are so much fun, and you often end up getting ideas for your own Pokemon from them (case in point, I'd LOVE to try out a Fan Rotom I saw on a random battle. It looks positively deadly). And since I don't RNG, it's a great way to figure out what stats and such I need to go for before I actually go through the process of breeding.
    But I think my favourite way of improving my knowledge of battling and building teams and such is simply prowling through various forums and stalking threads (especially warstories!) that catch my interest. It's a slow way to build up knowledge, and I often make mistakes when translating the tactics I read about into real strategies, but it's fun for me. I like hunting little bits of knowledge down like that.

Anyway, thanks Justin for posting that link to the live stream! I'll have to check it out. Looks like the next episode won't be ready until saturday though, if I'm reading correctly.

(btw, sorry I haven't been active much. I can't even plead busyness here, like most others can. I'm naturally quiet and I just couldn't think of anything to say. xD I'm a much better lurker than chatter.)

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Speaking of simulators i feel they're only for those w/o a game/wifi or they're too lazy too do in game breeding and trading and for testing out teams.

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

@zombieoverkill12's True indeed but either way... what if we dont? imagin an adaptability close combat + fighting gem/life orb... that will be so strong...

@zozo I tried to keep myself away from the news aswell but once i read mega evolutions on a youtube video... i had to watch it (lucario was on the thumbnail so it was an even greater incentive) I'm really excited about it xb

EDIT: @zombieoverkill12's not really hmmm although i RNG everything and test it via wifi there's people who simply dont have the time/cant RNG for example. If you try to breed a pokemon with certain iv's without TNG'ing or having good parents can be really time consuming, and in the end when the people test them out if they are disapointed at the results would be a really bug waist of time
    Last edited by KuzKan; 9th August 2013 at 1:13 AM.

Hmm...nope. I'm not gonna do it. x) I'll wait and find out all this stuff once I have the game in my hand. xD I don't want to know a blasted thing. It seems I have the most fun when I'm not anticipating anything, and it's all just a pleasant surprise when I find it in the game. (: Gen V was the one gen where I went all out and found out all the news there was to know before I got the game, and though I love Gen V I ended up losing interest in it way before Gen IV or III. Which is a real shame. I don't want the same to happen to Gen VI.

My Youtube battle videos

@KuzKan: True that would do major damage but don't forget that cc lowers your defenses so lucario becomes even frailer. However a specially based lucario has acces to aura sphere and flash cannon. Both powerful moves plus STAB

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

@zozo yeah i know what you mean, thats exactly why i only know about mega evo on gen VI aswell xD i plan on knowing nothing until i've played it but damn... i culdnt resist looking at this xD either way ill still be away from the rest of the news and sorry if we spoiled that for you D:

@zombieoverkill12's True... we jut gotta wait to see hi stats i guess, and mainly the way to get them to mega evolve ><
    Last edited by KuzKan; 9th August 2013 at 1:34 AM.

Now don't forget about the other mega pokes! They might be even better. You never know;p

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

You can keep your MegaLucario, I'll take MegaAbsol. It's design was fantastic before, now it just looks godly. That and it's about time Magic Bounce got some more users. Anybody thinking that the other starters will get mega forms since Blaziken got one? It would only be fair and some, like Sceptile and Samurott, would really appreciate the boost, not to mention looking even more awesome.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Just give me Mega Venusaur and Mega Torterra and I'll be happy.

Though if I could have a Mega Swampert too, that would be incredible.

But I must say, Mega Absol sounds pretty amazing... I've always wished Absol got a bit more love.
    If only they'd do the same for Sableye and Mawile. Those two are just begging to be developed more!

My Youtube battle videos

How bout MEGAnium? Now all we need is something called nium and it'll make sense xD
    My favorite is mega-blaziken hands down

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

Yeh absol looks amazing aswell definetely
    And yea... i hope that other starters can get mega evo's aswell.
    I would love a MEGA Charizard *O*
    But if we can only have them via an event like we will have torchic holding the necessary item i hope that we can farm that, because i efenitely wanna try a bunch of diferent sets with all of them

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Just give me Mega Venusaur and Mega Torterra and I'll be happy.

Though if I could have a Mega Swampert too, that would be incredible.

But I must say, Mega Absol sounds pretty amazing... I've always wished Absol got a bit more love.
    If only they'd do the same for Sableye and Mawile. Those two are just begging to be developed more!
    There is a MegaMawile! Also, these Pokemon all have new abilities! MegaMawile has Huge Power, MegaAbsol has Magic Bounce, MegaLucario has Adaptability, and MegaAmpharos goes Electric/Dragon with Mold Breaker! MegaBlaziken sticks to its Speed Boost, and MegaMewtwo gets the most anticlimatic ability yet; Insomnia.

I'm excited to see Trick Rotom//Sableye & Switcheroo Lopunny do some work on these Mega Pokemon, since they have to be holding their item in order to stay in Mega Forme.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 9th August 2013 at 3:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    There is a MegaMawile! Also, these Pokemon all have new abilities! MegaMawile has Huge Power, MegaAbsol has Magic Bounce, MegaLucario has Adaptability, and MegaAmpharos goes Electric/Dragon with Mold Breaker! MegaBlaziken sticks to its Speed Boost, and MegaMewtwo gets the most anticlimatic ability yet; Insomnia.

I'm excited to see Trick Rotom//Sableye & Switcheroo Lopunny do some work on these Mega Pokemon, since they have to be holding their item in order to stay in Mega Forme.

idk about Switcheroo and trick... it would change alot if they'd change forms in the middle of the battle so maybe they cant be target by that?
    iirc there are some ocasions already where you cant ssteal the oposing item arent there?

idk about Switcheroo and trick... it would change alot if they'd change forms in the middle of the battle so maybe they cant be target by that?
    iirc there are some ocasions already where you cant ssteal the oposing item arent there?
    Oh that's true. That'd be an interesting clause. But so far, no mention, so I'm still open to it working. hahah

Anyways, HERE'S THE BANNER FOR THE WORLDS STREAM!!! Put it in your signature to increase awareness!!!

OR you could copy+paste below. Just remove the spaces before the [ that I put so that you could see the actual code!

Spoiler:- Copy+Paste Code:

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast