Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Oh man! indeed!
    I want that lucario so badly, he looks cool as hell, and that ampharos aswell. Electric/Dragon with mold breaker? Thats scary
    Sounds scary? It looks like a pseudo zekrom. But dragon... I bet mega charizard will be dragon, and sceptile. But it has to be said: RIP tyranitar. Nice knowing you, but a 240bp close combat from megalucario will just destroy you. But megalucario also gets extremespeed and a boosted attack stat. I am a little scared for absol. Faster, and stronger, with magic bounce. Now thundurus, you have met your match. Now mewtwo becomes a darkrai slayer in singles, but if it comes to doubles (vgc 10 style), breloom,and amoonguss, are doomed. Megamawile means goodbye dragons, due to resisting dragon, and destroying them.

But the cool thing is: mega stones can be pokemon specific items, blazikenite?? Allowing many in a team, as there is no item clause. Tag team lucario and blaziken =]

But in vgc, I think there will be a vgc10 style clause, allowing only 2/3 of them in your team

But best is mega lucario.

Knowing gf and vgc, you'll probably be limited to a certain amount of mega-pokemon sadly. Can't wait to obliterate things with mega lucario though! Glad i pre-ordered x and y ^_^

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Knowing gf and vgc, you'll probably be limited to a certain amount of mega-pokemon sadly. Can't wait to obliterate things with mega lucario though! Glad i pre-ordered x and y ^_^
    Confirmed the Mega Stone is the hold item, so only one Mega Pokemon in VGC. Oh well, it was a good dream.

In other news, there will be new Mega Pokemon announced next month. I'm not quite excited about that b uut...... I mean. It's happening.

In other news, don't forget guys! This is a thing! Put it in your sig and get the word out!! We, as SPPF's underwhelming VGC Community, need to be as noisy about this as possible!

OR you could copy+paste below. Just remove the spaces before the [ that I put so that you could see the actual code!

Spoiler:- Copy+Paste Code:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Only 1 per team huh? Well... we were expecting that already so... oh well xD
    Either way i cant wait... Actually i always wanted to experiment Mawile and Absol in VGC but i never did, sadly.
    My fav is still mega lucario but i would love to see a mega kangaskhan aswell for example

@justin done :3

EDIT: Oh wow! Mega evo is only possible in battle and it looks really cool o-o
    Last edited by KuzKan; 9th August 2013 at 3:30 PM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Only 1 per team huh? Well... we were expecting that already so... oh well xD
    Either way i cant wait... Actually i always wanted to experiment Mawile and Absol in VGC but i never did, sadly.
    My fav is still mega lucario but i would love to see a mega kangaskhan aswell for example

@justin done :3

EDIT: Oh wow! Mega evo is only possible in battle and it looks really cool o-o
    New news came out. We can have more than one Mega Stone on a team, because each Mega Stone is exclusive to the Pokemon that is evolving.

Ex. Mega Blaziken = Blazikenite,Mega Lucario = Lucarionite

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    New news came out. We can have more than one Mega Stone on a team, because each Mega Stone is exclusive to the Pokemon that is evolving.

Ex. Mega Blaziken = Blazikenite,Mega Lucario = Lucarionite

OOOOOOOH... i thought we'd nee for example the Lucarionite and then use a mega stone in some way, at least was what i got from a video but i guess i misunderstood.
    Now we just need to wait for them not to be considered ubers and not be banned on VGC T_T (aside from mewtwo)

EDIT: btw is it known how long will the Torchic event be availble? If it's too short lots of people wont be able to get one :/
    Last edited by KuzKan; 9th August 2013 at 4:19 PM.

OOOOOOOH... i thought we'd nee for example the Lucarionite and then use a mega stone in some way, at least was what i got from a video but i guess i misunderstood.
    Now we just need to wait for them not to be considered ubers and not be banned on VGC T_T (aside from mewtwo)

EDIT: btw is it known how long will the Torchic event be availble? If it's too short lots of people wont be able to get one :/
    Bet you it is the same as japan. But confirmed as a DW torchic. I am not going to get it until RNGing in x and y is figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Bet you it is the same as japan. But confirmed as a DW torchic. I am not going to get it until RNGing in x and y is figured out.
    same here, but it will take some time for it since this time there arent even JP version wich came out earlier ><
    first i heard the event would be up until January but some other place it said it was going to be for a very short period of time... i seriously hope not. I relly want get a few and idk if i'll get the game right when it comes out

EDIT: OOOOOH! Mr. Masuda must frequent serebii xD
    As i said i would love to see a mega Kangaskhan what happens? Its is revealed mwahahahahah
    I can't wait to know it's features, i hope he receives a really nice power up

EDIT2: WOW! his mega evolution ability will be amazing! Kangaskhan attacking twice? damn...
    Now... idk if the damage is reduced the second time, probably it is, but still... i want him *O*
    Last edited by KuzKan; 10th August 2013 at 9:01 PM.

The 2013 Pokemon World Championships

HEY! I just noticed that, despite Worlds being streamed live, THE DOUBLE BATTLE CLUB HAS BEEN QUIET! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE, THIS IS OUR METAGAME BEING BROADCASTED AND SHOWCASED WORLDWIDE!

Probably cos no one reminded everyone (aka me). Hahahaha. Anyways, here's the thread!

Finals is going to be streamed live in about 5 hours at the time of my posting. If you can, definitely show TPCi your support and watch the finals match!

Quick insert from me, we've got a really interesting finals ahead of us. Ryosuke of Japan will be facing off against Arash Ommati of Italy.

Ryosuke Kosuge (Japan), Finalist of the 2013 Pokemon World Championships

I don't know much about Arash Ommati, but he was able to defeat Enosh Shakar (US Nationals 1st Runner Up/Second Placer) and Matteo (Forgot his last name), who has been a consistently good player in VGC and even took 1st Runner Up/Second Place at Worlds in 2011. So Arash HAS to be extremely talented to have defeated such big names and make it to the finals.

Sejun Park (Korea), Top 2013 Pokemon World Championships

On the other hand, Ryosuke had to defeat Sejun Park of Korea, who has GREATLY influenced the VGC Metagame (more so than even Ray Rizzo himself), in really close matches. Sejun has always shown great skill this year, consistently topping both Korean Nationals and the Wi-Fi events, and has brought into the metagame some of the most influential sets to the metagame this year (Breloom, Liepard, etc.).

Aaron Zheng (USA), Top 2013 Pokemon World Championships

He then had to defeat Aaron Zheng, two time Nationals Champion and multiple Regional Champion/Top Cutter. Aaron Zheng is an extremely consistent player, always doing well in events EXCEPT Worlds (which changed this year, taking 3rd Place). Ryosuke defeated both of the tournament's favorites to win Worlds to get to the finals, and he did so from a Game 1 loss deficit. He has shown great skill and incredible battling prowess.

The finals is set to be an extremely interesting set of matches. I really hope everyone in the club watches, and if you can't, you can just catch up and watch later after it's streamed live. But it's better to watch while it is live because that is what will show TPCi that what they are doing is well worth the effort.

2013 Pokemon World Championships VGC Commentators Evan Latt & Scott Glaza

While I'm talking about the quality of the TPCi's streaming efforts, I also want to bring up the commentators. While the matches themselves were great matches, what really brought the quality of the stream up were the commentators. Both are accomplished Nugget Bridge commentators with plenty of experience, and they really let it show during the stream. You are brought into the minds of high skilled trainers, and they walk you along so that you always know what is going on. It is both interesting and educational. This effort is an amazing addition by TPCi.

And that's why everyone needs to be watching the Worlds stream in 5 hours!
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 11th August 2013 at 3:19 PM.

Hey! It may be that the club is quiet because we're all off watching the live stream!
    Okay, probably not, lol!
    Though I for one did manage to see a couple of the games yesterday between Ryouske and Sejun. I have to say, I was quite surprised! It looked like Sejun had it pretty much nailed. That Jellicent of his seemed to be nearly unstoppable, and Abomasnow was able to net some devastating KOs. It looked like Ryouske really had his Tyranitar's sandstorm to thank for pulling those matches out. That and the fact that his Thundurus was able to sponge so many hits before going down.

I didn't get to see much of the stream, but I'm glad to hear Ryouske is doing so well. I'll certainly try and catch a bit of today's battles.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Hey! It may be that the club is quiet because we're all off watching the live stream!
    Okay, probably not, lol!
    HAHAHAH! You do have a point! Maybe everyone just decided not to say anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Though I for one did manage to see a couple of the games yesterday between Ryouske and Sejun. I have to say, I was quite surprised! It looked like Sejun had it pretty much nailed. That Jellicent of his seemed to be nearly unstoppable, and Abomasnow was able to net some devastating KOs. It looked like Ryouske really had his Tyranitar's sandstorm to thank for pulling those matches out. That and the fact that his Thundurus was able to sponge so many hits before going down.

I didn't get to see much of the stream, but I'm glad to hear Ryouske is doing so well. I'll certainly try and catch a bit of today's battles.
    Definitely! Sejun's loss definitely came as a shocker, but Ryosuke's win against Aaron really shows just how solid of a player he really is. Although there was a bit of hax involved, so it's not at all a sure-fire win.

Also, you can still watch the battles you missed! These videos will be viewable even after the live streams, for those who do not know.

Oh... since everyone was talking on the other thread i didnt even remember to say anything here ><
    But i'm really excited to watch the finals. I'm still a bit sad for Aaron but oh well... things like that happens and even so he lost he played really well for sure.
    I'm waiting on his world's report on the nugget bridge to check his Cresselia set, im really curious about it.

For now i'll just take a nap and i'll be back in time to watch the finals, hope to see you guys here ^^

Hey guys got 3rd at worlds! not bad for my first year competing.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    hey guys got 3rd at worlds! Not bad for my first year competing.
    ahhhhh drizzle!!! Congrats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Also, you can still watch the battles you missed! These videos will be viewable even after the live streams, for those who do not know.
    Oh really? Didn't know that! I'll have to check out some of the ones I missed then!

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Hey guys got 3rd at worlds! not bad for my first year competing.
    Congrats! That's awesome! ^^

My Youtube battle videos

THE 2013 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS FOR THE VGC WILL BE STREAMING LIVE IN 10 MINUTES!!!

Click here to watch!

Hey drizzle! congratz manm :P
    Did you have fun? ^^

(what a silly question *cough couhg* XD
    Last edited by KuzKan; 11th August 2013 at 6:00 PM.

It's starting !!!!
    I hope Brendan can win the juniors division
    Let's see if his rotom can land some wow's xD
    Last edited by KuzKan; 11th August 2013 at 6:21 PM.

Game 1 for Brendan! ^^

It was a long battle, but he did really well, only losing 1 of his Pokemon.
    Here goes Game 2...

My Youtube battle videos

And babytron takes the worlds championship home
    That was a really enjoyable match to watch, playing so flawlessly... this is amazing

Holy crap, I've not seen prediction THAT good for ages! 0.0 That was an amazing match.

I was rather rooting for Ryouske, but Arash did amazingly well. What an exciting match! I didn't expect Mamoswine to do so well there. Tornadus was another surprise, too, usually it's by far the weakest and crummiest of the three genies. But that thing just tore through everything like a chainsaw!

My Youtube battle videos

It was an exciting day indeed.
    I really enjoyed all the divisions, mostly juniors. Watching how someone so young can play so well it's really inspiring (a bit frustrating aswell since i suck *cough cough*)
    But yeah... It was my first time watching a VGC competition like that and i loved every single second

Can someone update me on what happened? I didn't care enough to watch. (plus poor wifi)

I already know about drizzle making top 4. He's too awesome for me to not know lol.

And ray rizzo didn't top cut i heard oh such joy

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Arash Ommati won the Masters division
    Brendan Zheng won the juniors division
    Hayden McTavish won the seniors division

The matches were really amazing ^^
    You can watch them anytime you want on the Pokemon twitch channel if im not mistaken

Hey guys just got back from vancouver! I am going to write a team analysis for nugget bridge. I am going to post it here as well.

Credit to me

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast