Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

I got a few things to tackle in this post!

First thing's first, there's a new VGC RMT up in the RMT subforum. Wanna head over and help a guy out, since most of us here are the most knowledgeable on VGC teams anyways?

Secondly, to reply to the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Can someone update me on what happened? I didn't care enough to watch. (plus poor wifi)

I already know about drizzle making top 4. He's too awesome for me to not know lol.

And ray rizzo didn't top cut i heard oh such joy
    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Arash Ommati won the Masters division
    Brendan Zheng won the juniors division
    Hayden McTavish won the seniors division

The matches were really amazing ^^
    You can watch them anytime you want on the Pokemon twitch channel if im not mistaken
    zombie made me sad.

You should definitely check out the stream when you get the chance! These were some very intense matches, and the commentating that went along with it were really informative. Anyone watching could learn a great deal just from watching these matches. I definitely recommend watching it. It's also great for Pokemon in general, as it shows that we as a fanbase do support their endeavors and appreciate the services they provide for us. Every view counts!

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Hey guys just got back from vancouver! I am going to write a team analysis for nugget bridge. I am going to post it here as well.
    Sweet! I look forward to it! I'm excited to see just what you came up with this tournament!

And finally, we haven't had a discussion topic in a while in the club. Time to bring it back! Worlds is our event; we should be talking about it!

What did you think about the Worlds stream? Were the battles good? Did you like the presentation, the commentating, etc? Did you learn anything from watching the stream? What was your takeaway from this event?

- I was definitely watching as much as I could, and I even have it up on my TV now thanks to Apple TV just so I could watch it the best quality. I loved the battles, especially the Top Cut Battles. Those were intense matches, and they really helped get into the mind of a top tiered player. Watching has sort of inspired me to be more creative with my teams (by creative I mean open to using Pokemon that I normally wouldn't due to Legendary status or being overused). I say creative because limiting myself to not using the best Pokemon for whatever role has had some negative effects on my team building. Watching the Seniors and Masters finals helped me see that you can use the more obscure Pokemon in tandem with more common Pokemon to great effect. It's about what your team needs, not about what you the trainer simply want.

I really love watching commentated battles. It's really interesting to see how other people play Pokemon, and what goes through their minds during matches, as well as helps me personally see what I should be thinking about during a match. The commentators this year were so good too. Last year's was pretty iffy, and they mostly get props for trying as opposed to really doing well, but this year, the commentators were really skilled, and brought a lot of flavor to the battles. It really made the whole thing seem more official, like a football or basketball game as opposed to just watching some random Youtube videos with music.

They did a great job this year. The interviews were also really cool, because my favorite part of Pokemon is really the social part. Getting to know the players from both this year and last year is really cool, as I love watching like interviews and stuff. They also did a great job showcasing the event as a whole. I've been wanting to go to a Regional/Nationals/Worlds since 2011, and this has only added to my pain. I really hope it's convinced other people to go as well!
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 14th August 2013 at 3:14 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

What did you think about the Worlds stream? Were the battles good? Did you like the presentation, the commentating, etc? Did you learn anything from watching the stream? What was your takeaway from this event?
    I thought it was really well done. I didn't expect it to be that polished and professional, and it was a real treat to watch. The commentating was first-class, too. They really got into the battles and made it even more exciting to watch, and they did a great job of quickly telling the audience what was happening, what was likely going through the player's heads and how the strategies were being used. The battles themselves were really intense, too. There were no completely one-sided battles, even in that final match. Arash did end up dominating the battle, but that was because of impeccable prediction and a bit of good-old fashioned luck. Every match had great players facing each other, and the resultant battles were exciting and fun to watch as a result.

What I got out of the whole thing was the wish that I was able to be there (Thanks for having it in Canada and all, but could they possibly have had it on the same freaking side of the continent that I'm on?!? Sheesh! It's actually going to be closer to me next year even though it's in a different country. Lol!), and a couple ideas I might try out for teams of my own. All in all, it was really fun that they did the live stream, and I hope this gets to be a habit! ^^

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

where is the form to join? im tired of people only using single battles. double battlers are the ones with the most skill.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    where is the form to join? im tired of people only using single battles. double battlers are the ones with the most skill.

Quote Originally Posted by joejm
    -First off, this MUST be in paragraph form!
    -Start with: Hi, I am (your serebii name) and I am/wish to become a competitive double battler!
    -Favorite VGC Pokémon and why
    -Favorite Pokémon
    -Why you like double battles
    -Any job you want to do (if you are trustworthy at your job your “power” in the clan will increase)
    There you go, and once you fill it out one of the club mods/owners will decide to let you in or not.
    (its most likely you will be accepted though)
    Last edited by CrystalNinetales; 14th August 2013 at 6:01 PM.

Hi, i am KyuremFreeze and i am a competitive double battler, but need to improve my skill greatly. is vgc a smogo thing or does it mean video game competitive? if it is the second, then i would have to say ferrothorn. i have won so many battles because of this beasts great deffence.my favorite pokemon is latas, because i just loved the pokemon hero's movie. i like double battles because they are a true test of a players skill, strategy and how well your pokemon support eachother.if i had to do a job here, it would have to be ev training. i know all the hot spots, short cuts, and how it works.

Hi, i am KyuremFreeze and i am a competitive double battler, but need to improve my skill greatly. is vgc a smogo thing or does it mean video game competitive? if it is the second, then i would have to say ferrothorn. i have won so many battles because of this beasts great deffence.my favorite pokemon is latas, because i just loved the pokemon hero's movie. i like double battles because they are a true test of a players skill, strategy and how well your pokemon support eachother.if i had to do a job here, it would have to be ev training. i know all the hot spots, short cuts, and how it works.
    Hello. Can't accept you but hello

@Justin well i didn't care xD I didn't intend on making anyone sad

Also i can't answer the topic for obvious reason.
    But i found a vgc player looking for people to rmt. Care to help him folks. Im the only who said anything about his team lol.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...storm-Team-VGC

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Well... about the world championship i dont really have much to add since justin and zozo said everything i had in my head but it wa efinetely one of the greatest vgc experiences i've ever had.
    And for what i understood, it was the first time that people from nugget bridge were invited to commentate it? I thought that was really cool and the job was done flawlessly without doubt.
    I'll definetely pay more attention to this kind of events from now on ^^

@zombie i wish i could say anything in rmt's but im not good enough yet to give good sugestions unfortunately but we do have plenty of skillfull players so i bet they'll help him out :3
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the top cut matches! They were great and very well commentated on. But, I was disappointed in the fact that the battles on the TV were between people who were pretty much losing most of their battles. And, Magmar seems like an interesting pick, but I never saw Sejun use it in battle... at all. So, does anyone have a video of him actually using it?

Oh yeah, and I'm kind of desperate for some help. So, I realize that I do not want to take a chance and take a Landorus-T from Pokecheck for the VGCs in October. But, I feel that it fits so well into my team that there just isn't a better replacement for it. It's pretty much my main answer to sand, and is also a really amazing pivot to spam U-Turn with. So, are there any Pokemon at all that could actually take it's spot on my team?

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the top cut matches! They were great and very well commentated on. But, I was disappointed in the fact that the battles on the TV were between people who were pretty much losing most of their battles. And, Magmar seems like an interesting pick, but I never saw Sejun use it in battle... at all. So, does anyone have a video of him actually using it?
    What do you mean the TV showed people losing their battles? I'm just a but confused by what you mean because the Top Cut battles actually showed the best players in the tournament, with Sejun only losing to one person, Ryosuke, and Aaron only having lost to one other person. Ryosuke himself made the Top Cuts more exciting because he pretty much made huge comebacks in both Game 2s and 3s.

And the finals there was no other choice, hahaha, since they were the only players left. xD So I'm just confused by what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Oh yeah, and I'm kind of desperate for some help. So, I realize that I do not want to take a chance and take a Landorus-T from Pokecheck for the VGCs in October. But, I feel that it fits so well into my team that there just isn't a better replacement for it. It's pretty much my main answer to sand, and is also a really amazing pivot to spam U-Turn with. So, are there any Pokemon at all that could actually take it's spot on my team?
    Gliscor immediately comes to mind, with access to both EQ & U-Turn, with more speed (in exchange for less Attack). Garchomp is also a decnet replacement, although you lose U-Turn
    But if you're worried about Landorus & Pokecheck, there's not too much to worry about. As long as you didnt get the Pokemon directly from Pokecheck, you should be ok.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 15th August 2013 at 2:11 AM.

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

I can RNG a Landorus-t and EV train it myself if you like. Also any other pokemon you need I can RNG them as well.

Credit to me

Vgc is the official nintendo format, nothing to do with smogon. Vgc means video games championships (worlds this year is vgc and so were the international challenge wifi tourneys)
    After that, everything seems in order... So welcome to club double trouble =]. Hope you enjoy it here and learn more about VGC.

Hey will someone give me the link for the World replay?? I'm slow been busy with work
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Hey will someone give me the link for the World replay?? I'm slow been busy with work
    Right here!

Thanks a lot......

I just watched the master match and WOW!!!!
    Last edited by old man; 15th August 2013 at 8:50 PM.
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

What do you mean the TV showed people losing their battles? I'm just a but confused by what you mean because the Top Cut battles actually showed the best players in the tournament, with Sejun only losing to one person, Ryosuke, and Aaron only having lost to one other person. Ryosuke himself made the Top Cuts more exciting because he pretty much made huge comebacks in both Game 2s and 3s.

And the finals there was no other choice, hahaha, since they were the only players left. xD So I'm just confused by what you mean.

Gliscor immediately comes to mind, with access to both EQ & U-Turn, with more speed (in exchange for less Attack). Garchomp is also a decnet replacement, although you lose U-Turn
    But if you're worried about Landorus & Pokecheck, there's not too much to worry about. As long as you didnt get the Pokemon directly from Pokecheck, you should be ok.
    Oh, I was talking about the swiss rounds. The battles on the TVs during the swiss rounds were people with losing records - pretty much people who didn't win any battles.
    And, Gliscor is nice, but Intimidate would be really useful, but I'll try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    I can RNG a Landorus-t and EV train it myself if you like. Also any other pokemon you need I can RNG them as well.
    Oh! If you can actually trade a LAndorus-T, then it would be awesome if you can help me get one!

i didnt notice until now i was accepted! anyways,im currently building a rain/trickroom team. who is the best trick roomer, gallade or cresselia?

i didnt notice until now i was accepted! anyways,im currently building a rain/trickroom team. who is the best trick roomer, gallade or cresselia?
    Honestly cresselia, as it has the bulk and movepool to be a good tr setter effectively.
    gallade is viable, but as it's defenses arent the best, it could very well be taken down before it can set up tr.

If you're building a rainroom team, try looking at some of the ones on nugget and some on here, they often give tips on what functions well, and could help you improve your team if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Honestly cresselia, as it has the bulk and movepool to be a good tr setter effectively.
    gallade is viable, but as it's defenses arent the best, it could very well be taken down before it can set up tr.

If you're building a rainroom team, try looking at some of the ones on nugget and some on here, they often give tips on what functions well, and could help you improve your team if needed.
    mine was going to be built around the 10th place smogon rain team( it was 10th in an official nintendo tournament).

For Rain Room, you can also have a Ludicolo + Jellicent lead going on. A simple Fake Out + Trick Room followed with Surf and water spout spam can really put a dent in the opponent. Just make sure that the Jellicent is faster than the Ludicolo, so under Trick Room, Ludicolo will fire off its Surf healing Jellicent before a water spout. I'm not sure if this is still a viable strategy, but back when I used it, it worked wonderfully.

Okay, kind of out of the blue, but does anyone have some suggestions for a SunRoom team I've been tinkering with?

After seeing what Torkoal is capable of, I've been toying with the idea of having a team that uses (or hijacks) Sunny Day as well as Trick Room. The team would consist of something like Dusknoir, Torkoal, Marowak, maybe Gliscor + 2 others. Dusknoir is my TR setter, and she's there because she has access to TR + Helping Hand along with impressive defenses. Torkoal and several other 'mons greatly appreciate her support while Torkoal is still able to hold her own with ridiculously high defense, some decent mixed attacking prowess as well as one of the most abysmal base speeds in the game.

However, I'm not sure about a good Sun user, and I'd appreciate some suggestions. Ninetales is, of course, the most obvious Pokemon to use thanks to Drought, but that speed stat... it's terrible! Well, it's terrible for the purposes of Trick Room. I suppose I could throw an Iron Ball onto it to make it slower, but I don't think that would be very viable. Ninetales doesn't have terrible defense, but it's not particularly strong. Besides that, I don't know that it's in my best interest to have 2 fire types on my team as a signal to every opponent that I'm Rain bait. I've thought about running something like Mandibuzz that has access to Sunny Day + U-Turn as well as passably low-ish speed. Or maybe something more traditional like Cherrim as a Sun user, though again I'd be signalling to the world what I'm going to do before the battle starts. Mandibuzz would at least have that element of surprise, and has the added bonus of good bulk and nice typing.

So, any thoughts or suggestions of slow Sun users that might work a bit better? I realize it will be a tricky strategy to pull off, but it looks like a fun one too. The trick will be to figure out a team that functions well even if I'm not able to get one or both of the "weather" conditions up.

And @ KyuremFreeze
    Between the two, I'd go for Cresselia every time. She's got the stats to take pretty much any hit before setting it up, to abuse it, and to live long enough to set it again if necessary.
    Gallade is an interesting choice, but I don't see it working out half as reliably as Cresselia. Of course, an Iron Ball Gallade specifically designed to abuse Trick Room, or to Fling the ball away if necessary and fight more traditionally, would have a surprise factor that would take most people off their guard. At least, I think it would. I've never seen any such Gallade, so I'm kind of assuming that very few people use one that way. It could be more common than I'm aware of. On the other hand, most Cress have Trick Room, so people are going to expect it a bit more.

At any rate, Cresselia is the more reliable user, and I'd only use Gallade if I really needed a specific niche filled on my team.

My Youtube battle videos

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Okay, kind of out of the blue, but does anyone have some suggestions for a SunRoom team I've been tinkering with?

After seeing what Torkoal is capable of, I've been toying with the idea of having a team that uses (or hijacks) Sunny Day as well as Trick Room. The team would consist of something like Dusknoir, Torkoal, Marowak, maybe Gliscor + 2 others. Dusknoir is my TR setter, and she's there because she has access to TR + Helping Hand along with impressive defenses. Torkoal and several other 'mons greatly appreciate her support while Torkoal is still able to hold her own with ridiculously high defense, some decent mixed attacking prowess as well as one of the most abysmal base speeds in the game.

However, I'm not sure about a good Sun user, and I'd appreciate some suggestions. Ninetales is, of course, the most obvious Pokemon to use thanks to Drought, but that speed stat... it's terrible! Well, it's terrible for the purposes of Trick Room. I suppose I could throw an Iron Ball onto it to make it slower, but I don't think that would be very viable. Ninetales doesn't have terrible defense, but it's not particularly strong. Besides that, I don't know that it's in my best interest to have 2 fire types on my team as a signal to every opponent that I'm Rain bait. I've thought about running something like Mandibuzz that has access to Sunny Day + U-Turn as well as passably low-ish speed. Or maybe something more traditional like Cherrim as a Sun user, though again I'd be signalling to the world what I'm going to do before the battle starts. Mandibuzz would at least have that element of surprise, and has the added bonus of good bulk and nice typing.

So, any thoughts or suggestions of slow Sun users that might work a bit better? I realize it will be a tricky strategy to pull off, but it looks like a fun one too. The trick will be to figure out a team that functions well even if I'm not able to get one or both of the "weather" conditions up.

And @ KyuremFreeze

Between the two, I'd go for Cresselia every time. She's got the stats to take pretty much any hit before setting it up, to abuse it, and to live long enough to set it again if necessary.
    Gallade is an interesting choice, but I don't see it working out half as reliably as Cresselia. Of course, an Iron Ball Gallade specifically designed to abuse Trick Room, or to Fling the ball away if necessary and fight more traditionally, would have a surprise factor that would take most people off their guard. At least, I think it would. I've never seen any such Gallade, so I'm kind of assuming that very few people use one that way. It could be more common than I'm aware of. On the other hand, most Cress have Trick Room, so people are going to expect it a bit more.

At any rate, Cresselia is the more reliable user, and I'd only use Gallade if I really needed a specific niche filled on my team.
    Vulpix works great, and even with that special stat, a fully invested, sun boosted fire blast does 75-90 to a perfect zapdos, and can flat out ko a lot.
    though it's kinda a mon that will make people treat you like a noob. you could use that your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Vulpix works great, and even with that special stat, a fully invested, sun boosted fire blast does 75-90 to a perfect zapdos, and can flat out ko a lot.
    though it's kinda a mon that will make people treat you like a noob. you could use that your advantage.
    You know, I never would have thought of Vulpix. I'll definitely have to consider one for my roster. Thanks for mentioning that! Eviolite has been around for quite awhile, and I've made good use of Eviolite Chansey, but I still tend to overlook unevolved Pokemon like they don't even exist. x) Old habits really do die hard, it seems. xD

The n00b-factor is also quite a plus. I love taking people by surprise, and that kind of Pokemon is one you'd either expect on a n00bish team or a team that's trying to sucker you into sending out certain Pokemon.

My Youtube battle videos

You know, I never would have thought of Vulpix. I'll definitely have to consider one for my roster. Thanks for mentioning that! Eviolite has been around for quite awhile, and I've made good use of Eviolite Chansey, but I still tend to overlook unevolved Pokemon like they don't even exist. x) Old habits really do die hard, it seems. xD

The n00b-factor is also quite a plus. I love taking people by surprise, and that kind of Pokemon is one you'd either expect on a n00bish team or a team that's trying to sucker you into sending out certain Pokemon.
    If you run Vupix, i highly suggest not rubning it as an attacker. Looking through its movepool, it has some pretty decent support options, ao having it as a supporting member with WoW, Safeguard to block status, Swagger to thrraten Special Attackers, and Foul Play to make up for its low attacking stats. Just keep in mind that even with Eviolite, it wont be much bulkier than even a Murkrow.

For surprise factr I like Vulpix, otherwise I'm more rooting for Iron Ball Ninetales.

You could also not have a Drought user ad nake a team that can fuction as a Sun team but doesnt need to. Take, for exanple, Wolfey's 2012 World Chanpionship team. It was a Sun team but it didnt inherently need sun. It went up only when it was absolutely crucial, otherwise, if he could make do without setting up sun, he'd forego it. Having one of your other Pokemon sinply carry Sunny Day ad setting it off lategame can pretty much accomplish what you want without setting iff warning signs that "Hey I'm a Sun team!!" This is also exemplified by Ryosuke's Worlds/Nationals team where his Tyranitar actually carried Sunny Day to boost Heatran late game.

If you run Vupix, i highly suggest not running it as an attacker. Looking through its movepool, it has some pretty decent support options, ao having it as a supporting member with WoW, Safeguard to block status, Swagger to thrraten Special Attackers, and Foul Play to make up for its low attacking stats. Just keep in mind that even with Eviolite, it wont be much bulkier than even a Murkrow.

For surprise factor I like Vulpix, otherwise I'm more rooting for Iron Ball Ninetales.

You could also not have a Drought user ad nake a team that can fuction as a Sun team but doesnt need to. Take, for exanple, Wolfey's 2012 World Chanpionship team. It was a Sun team but it didnt inherently need sun. It went up only when it was absolutely crucial, otherwise, if he could make do without setting up sun, he'd forego it. Having one of your other Pokemon sinply carry Sunny Day ad setting it off lategame can pretty much accomplish what you want without setting iff warning signs that "Hey I'm a Sun team!!" This is also exemplified by Ryosuke's Worlds/Nationals team where his Tyranitar actually carried Sunny Day to boost Heatran late game.
    Cool, thanks for the suggestions! That was what I was planning, at any rate: make a team that can function well regardless of whether or not Sun or even Trick Room is up. That's the thing about using weather conditions, if you depend too much on it you can be destroyed very easily just by having it taken away from you. Heaven knows I've exploited that fact myself with Cloud Nine. There's something so satisfying about breaking up the classic Kingdra + Politoed combination with the mere presence of a Lickilicky.
    I'm still not entirely sure about what I'm going to do, but I think it's going to come down to Vulpix or something like Mandibuzz. I realize that Ninetales would be more bulky, but the fact that I have to have an iron ball just to make Ninetales a little more useable in Trick Room is killing it for me. If only Ninetales had access to Fling, Trick, or Switcheroo. And yes, I'd have to go for a bulkier Vulpix, maybe combining WoW with buffed up Special Defense. Luckily, Vulpix does have some excellent supporting moves to go along with that. I know Foul Play and Will o Wisp aren't supposed to be on the same set, but I find Foul Play an excellent back-up option in case of Taunt.

Anyway, thanks for the input, guys! I think I have a little better idea where I'm going to go with this!

My Youtube battle videos

Cool, thanks for the suggestions! That was what I was planning, at any rate: make a team that can function well regardless of whether or not Sun or even Trick Room is up. That's the thing about using weather conditions, if you depend too much on it you can be destroyed very easily just by having it taken away from you. Heaven knows I've exploited that fact myself with Cloud Nine. There's something so satisfying about breaking up the classic Kingdra + Politoed combination with the mere presence of a Lickilicky.
    I'm still not entirely sure about what I'm going to do, but I think it's going to come down to Vulpix or something like Mandibuzz. I realize that Ninetales would be more bulky, but the fact that I have to have an iron ball just to make Ninetales a little more useable in Trick Room is killing it for me. If only Ninetales had access to Fling, Trick, or Switcheroo. And yes, I'd have to go for a bulkier Vulpix, maybe combining WoW with buffed up Special Defense. Luckily, Vulpix does have some excellent supporting moves to go along with that. I know Foul Play and Will o Wisp aren't supposed to be on the same set, but I find Foul Play an excellent back-up option in case of Taunt.

Anyway, thanks for the input, guys! I think I have a little better idea where I'm going to go with this!
    Actually Foul Play doesn't take the opponent's burn status into account when determining damage, so Will-o-wisp and Foul Play work fine together.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast