Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Its ok maybe another day then. Bye!

Credit to me

oh ok :3 that is fine! nighty night!

So...I know this isn't VGC related, but technically, its not really "OU" related either...but I felt like asking this...

Is anybody else going to try and join PO's second offical Youtube tournament? I did it last year around the same time, it was alot of fun :O...Its...an weird set up. Its the same as last time thoguh, only pokemon tiers mixed around. I honestly think it looks fun. :O...anybody else wanna join it? We could refer each other and get more points to use!

On a side note, my 3ds is missing, and my white 2 is in it ;-:...Its around here SOMEPLACE, but I have yet to find out where...If it was JUST the 3DS, then I wouldn't care, but its black 2 as well ;_____;...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I might.

That sux...

Credit to me

you should :P.../killed xD

;-;...I want to find it damnit. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

its singles? :/ i actually dont no nothing about singles... except for i troll my brother with my in-game W2 team in singles with a braviary.

oh man... lost 3DS AND new game... >.< that sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    its singles? :/ i actually dont no nothing about singles... except for i troll my brother with my in-game W2 team in singles with a braviary.
    I learned a lot about singles by going through all of B2. It actually helped me a LOT. I am a medium good single battler... and btw, I trololol my sister with Therian Landorus :3

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    On a side note, my 3ds is missing, and my white 2 is in it ;-:...Its around here SOMEPLACE, but I have yet to find out where...If it was JUST the 3DS, then I wouldn't care, but its black 2 as well
    :O Wow, sorry about that. Hope you didn't download anything from the eStore on there that wasn't free... If I lost mine I would be out of NSMB2, Kirby's Dreamland, and the Dream Radar... Hope you find it soon!

Spoiler:- Credits:

I'm here as promised ^ ^

Count me in-do I have to fill out a form?

What is VGC? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post

oh man... lost 3DS AND new game... >.< that sucks...
    Its really simple :P...In order to play it relatively well you don't need to know that much, its only to play it effectively do you need to know the metagame :P... That is achieved by a lot of memorization OR just constantly playing it until it becomes second nature. (hint, I did the second one.) XD
    Honestly, the main difference is the fact that it’s just not as fast paced as doubles. You don’t have to worry about two different types of attackers, so stalling is viable, there’s a lot more room for turning the match around, because now a switch in, which is incredibly common in singles, can mean life or death for you. I’m…not the best battler. But I understand the metagame very well. Mainly why I’m not as good as I could be is because I tend to be impulsive during move choices sometimes…I can’t tell you how many times I’ve spammed PO’s “CANCEL” button after failing at a move choice…XD And I’ve gotten lazy about laddering lol.

Aside from that, your style is your own. Despite stall usually working the best…it’s not really used to much because it’s boring. A balanced team, weather team, and hyper offensive are the most popular. I end up leaning towards balanced offensive…which is basically proof how boring stall is to people sometimes. I say I want a balanced team, yet I end up with a team that has 2 bulky attackers, 1-3 pokemon to fall back on for defensive purposes (yet still be able to hit hardish), and 1-3 offensive pokemon…XD
    Singles is…very complicated sometimes. But the best part about this tournament is that you only need knowledge of how singles works. The tournament is in actuality using a point system to have you decide your pokemon, which means main threats aren’t an issue for a good 5 rounds, and even then it’s week. Besides, its for funnzies, nothing more. XD

Quote Originally Posted by *Kyurem* View Post
    :O Wow, sorry about that. Hope you didn't download anything from the eStore on there that wasn't free... If I lost mine I would be out of NSMB2, Kirby's Dreamland, and the Dream Radar... Hope you find it soon!
    Yeah…I’ll find it though. Its someplace in my house ;-;…thanks though...

VGC is the offical nintendo way of battling competitvely. ._...>3>...its a long explaination, so just google it because i"m out of time. XD
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    I'm here as promised ^ ^

Count me in-do I have to fill out a form?
    Naw its cool. Welcome!

Credit to me

Why have no one told me what VCG is yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    VGC or Video Game Championships is a style of double battling used in pokemon offical tournoments.

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    The VGC stands for Video Game Competion and it is where people gather and battle. Whoever wins gets to go to Hawaii which is where the finals take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    The VGC stands for Video Game Competion and it is where people gather and battle. Whoever wins gets to go to Hawaii which is where the finals take place.
    Its not always... This year it is in Canada-_- And in 2010 it was in san diego.

Credit to me

yeah , hawaii was just VGC 2012.

ALSO, FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SEE, (I WOULD RECOMMEND IF YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT BATTLING), THESE ARE THE VGC 2012 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. it is best 2 out of 3. but this is just one of the battles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09qkEN7LIbs

yes arch, you need to fill a form. please just modify your last post please.
    yes arch, you MUST fill out a form. please just modify your last post please

@ everyone: the reason why he isn't getting a strike for posting even though he isn't in the club, is because i originally wanted him to join, and i asked him personally. but he didn't know if he was included from the beginning or not, so i am not gonna blame him for posting.
    Last edited by joej m; 5th December 2012 at 9:13 PM.

Also I said it was Ok not too...

Credit to me

oh. then ill just add him now. thats fine. but arch, would you mind taking the time to write the paragraph? i do it to make sure you are committed to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Its not always... This year it is in Canada-_- And in 2010 it was in san diego.
    Oh sorry, I didn't know that, I've only been to 1 ^^;

I've been to none... my parents think is stoopid to go to an event... >.<
    anyway, anyone have any topic ideas?

favorite move in vgc!!

i like fake out and energy ball

no one expects a energy ball in vgc

Like I wouldn't be!

Hello all,I'm Archstaraptor.I wish to become a much more skilled competitive double battler,since my real strengths currently lie in triples and-to a lesser extent-singles.
    I don't have a VGC favourite at the moment, and as for my favourite pokemon of all...any which are under appreciated, as I like to experiment with a variety of unusual team members
    I enjoy doubles a great deal because it brings out the potential of those who'd normally fair poorly in singles. Exactly my cup of tea.

And I have no idea what jobs are on offer-I'll check and edit...

...alright.Maybe EV training,as I have access to all necessary items.
    Apart from that, I can't promise much apart from being a loyal member ^ ^
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 5th December 2012 at 10:20 PM.

awesome welcome to the club dude!
    favorite move, thunder wave is amazing, trick room, tailwind, fake out, and any grass type moves because gastrodon and swampert and rotom-w are really annoying to KO without them.

Probably

Fake Out, Surf, Spore, Rage Powder, Icy wind, Earthquake, Draco meteor, Trick Room, Tailwind, Taunt, Thunder wave, follow me, skill swap, calm mind, quiver dance, and Protect

Credit to me

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast