Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Probably

Fake Out, Surf, Spore, Rage Powder, Icy wind, Earthquake, Draco meteor, Trick Room, Tailwind, Taunt, Thunder wave, follow me, skill swap, calm mind, quiver dance, and Protect
    i didnt know that people actually set up in a double battle. usually people say you have no time for that. i usually set up though

... the winner of VGC 2012 used a trick room tactic with the team:
    cresselia, metagross, hydreigon, rotom-wash, tyranitar, garchomp.
    so yeah he used set up... -__-

@arch, ok awesome! ill put you on EV training! ^^;

I always run either calm mind, quiver dance, swords dance, or trick room user on my team.

EDIT: also cybertron (8th place at worlds and second at Philadelphia with this team) used swords dance scizor

Credit to me

Favourite move is... Rock Slide, Heat wave, Surf etc and thuder wave >

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Favourite move is... Rock Slide, Heat wave, Surf etc and thuder wave >
    oh yeah, i guess i forgot about spread moves. they are a close second... and... SPORE!!! i forgot that xD

Took me awhile to figure out Spore had 100% accuracy. I thought I just had bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Took me awhile to figure out Spore had 100% accuracy. I thought I just had bad luck.
    Spore+Amoonguss+Double Team= DEAR MOTHER OF GOD MAKE IT END! T+T

thats where bulbapedia comes in! >: D
    also, the only problem i have with spore are two of the users are really slow so you almost need a trick room for it to do good, and the other two (smeargle included) are mid speed so you need either a focus sash (which could go to better use on other pokemon) or have a tailwind/choice scarf which are both kinda risky.

@ princess, lol, never heard of that one before! xD

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    @ princess, lol, never heard of that one before! xD
    Battle Subway LOVES to troll me with that set. And I never use always accurate moves. ._.

in doubles the experts recommend using moves that have no lower than 80% accuracy because since double or so short and fast-pase, a miss can cost you the game.

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    i didnt know that people actually set up in a double battle. usually people say you have no time for that. i usually set up though
    It depends on your situation and how useful the boost is. Wasting turns outside singles is unheard of,so entire team benefit also prevails over that.

Yeah,spore's great,but
    magic coat is pretty nifty when used correctly with all the spores and taunts flying about ^ ^

I mostly experienced Spore in the Wi-Fi tournaments. Like the Autumn one. Yep, it was a Trick Room team. That Breloom was evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    It depends on your situation and how useful the boost is. Wasting turns outside singles is unheard of,so entire team benefit also prevails over that.

Yeah,spore's great,but
    magic coat is pretty nifty when used correctly with all the spores and taunts flying about ^ ^
    ... whats magic coat... >.>

EDIT:
    Last edited by joej m; 5th December 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    ... whats magic coat... >.>
    It's a move that reflects a status move back to the opponent. Same like Magic Bounce.

I mostly experienced Spore in the Wi-Fi tournaments. Like the Autumn one. Yep, it was a Trick Room team. That Breloom was evil.
    Brelooms are always evil. Don't you remember the pissed off Breloom from Torchic's evolution? D8
    Speaking of Brelooms, I need to train one >.< I had one and loved it when I first played Emerald. <3 :3

i would like to know how everyone in the club who entered the autumn friendly did! i got 51st :P
    also, if you wouldn't mind you could tell the team! ^^;
    i used a latios, chandelure, crobat, gastrodon, thundurus, and... breloom :P

Hi, I am your boss and I wish to be a competitive double battler. My favorite VGC Pokemon is Amoongus because of his tendency to Spore and tank hits easily. My favorite Pokemon is Ariados and I like Double Battles because it helps me create a variety of strategies. I can assist on helping with IV Breeding.

UPDATE:

2012 VGCS Winter Battle tournament has been announced. Its an official online tournament sign ups start tomorrow and end Thursday December 13th. And for anyone who does VGC you can get championship points and regional byes. The tournament starts Friday December 14th.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    -First off, this MUST be in paragraph form!
    -Start with: Hi, I am (your serebii name) and I am/wish to become a competitive double battler!
    -Favorite VGC Pokémon and why
    -Favorite Pokémon
    -Why you like double battles
    -Any job you want to do (if you are trustworthy at your job your “power” in the clan will increase)

Hi, I am your boss and I wish to be a competitive double battler. My favorite VGC Pokemon is Amoongus because of his tendency to Spore and tank hits easily. My favorite Pokemon is Ariados and I like Double Battles because it helps me create a variety of strategies. I can assist on helping with IV Breeding.
    accepted! welcome! this club is getting pretty big! ^^;

... once again i won't be able to go to regionals... *sigh*... stoopid parents!!! Dx

This was my team I used in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    UPDATE:

2012 VGCS Winter Battle tournament has been announced. Its an official online tournament sign ups start tomorrow and end Thursday December 13th. And for anyone who does VGC you can get championship points and regional byes. The tournament starts Friday December 14th.
    details please

Never participated; I should try one out soon though...see how I fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Brelooms are always evil. Don't you remember the pissed off Breloom from Torchic's evolution? D8
    Speaking of Brelooms, I need to train one >.< I had one and loved it when I first played Emerald. <3 :3
    Breloom are almost indestructible with speed boosts under their belt-I paired one up with Ninjask and wrecked so many teams using just a combination spore,leech seed ,substitute and poison heal.

None details at the moment, but probably the regular metagame.

Credit to me

lol trident doesn't know what these events are xD
    these are the events that are tournaments. you find out the location of the closest one near you, you go... have 7 battles. the people with the most wins go to the semi's (i think this is how it works) then the winners go to the finals. if you come in second or first you have an invitation (meaning you go free) to the nationals. win or come second you play in worlds (you HAVE to qualify to get in those)

Since when is the VGC involved with Pokemon Online?

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast