Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite 4th Gen game?

Default What was your favorite 4th Gen game?

Mine personally was SS since you could interact with your pokemon

i like HG because i loved my team, and my 310 hours of progress, before i restarted.

Definitely Soul Silver, mainly due to the nostalgia, even if a lot of the nostalgic things were changed a little (such as difficulty in some areas like Ice Path). But even some of those nostalgic moments were updated/upgraded in a way that did please me, such as the battles with the Rocket Executives. What really did it in for me was having your Pokémon follow you. It makes me giddy every time I play it, because I get to see little sprites of my Pokémon walking and having a variety of emotions when you talk to them. It's adorable.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

SoulSilver is my favorite version overall alongside FireRed and BW2 comes in second.

I really like SoulSilver because Lugia is one of my favorite legendaries, and both HG/SS have an unique feature that any other version of the pokemon games just don't have, that's being able to get your pokemon walking by your side.
    Also, because I enjoy all my encounters with Suicune before it let's me battle with it.
    Last edited by Mononoke Hime; 3rd December 2012 at 1:28 AM.

tumblr | egc | pc

Definitely the 2nd Gen remakes (HGSS.) They really gave a certain depth to the world you walked around that BW/BW2 just lacks, and I'm sincerely hoping they'll bring it back some way or another in potential future games.

No matter how much I play the current gen games, I'll always miss walking around with every Pokemon in the Dex. HGSS were by far the only set of games in which I intentionally avoided using the bike. They also tried to fix a lot of the problems that DPPT had with slowdown and battle lag, and while the games were still horrendously slow, I think they did a good job either way at being better overall.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Soul Silver since it was a remake of Silver, and 2nd gen was my fave. (Until black/white 2 anyway)
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Which 4th gen game is the best? This generation had its fair share of both good and not very good games, so it’s not a hard decision. After playing them all, I know which game I like the best.

Platinum.

While I don’t dislike D/P at all, unlike what most people seem to do, Platinum is without any doubt a huge improvement. It didn’t have the small but sometimes annoying pet peeves of D/P or the horrible following Pokemon and non-existent training possibilities that HG/SS suffered from. Platinum re-introduced the Battle Frontier, something I and many other Emerald fans had missed in the first two 4th gen games. The story was improved, and the Pokedex got lots of well-needed additions. All of this and all the other things that were added makes Platinum one of the most epic Pokemon games ever.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

Platinum.

It was my first pokemon game, and I learned basically everything from it. Just me and my overleveled Empoleon and Staraptor, taking on everyone and utterly destroying them... Ahhhh.... Good times. I still have that very first save file for memories.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Pokémon diamond is my ultimate favorite pokémon game

either Platinum or BW2. the little touches bw2 had were just lovely lol

HG/SS were my favorite by far. One of my favorite things about the game was having one of your Pokemon follow you. The touch screen usage was great, and personally I love the Johto region the most. Also, it has so many amazing Pokemon in it for you to catch.

HGSS. They greatly reinspired a long time favorite game of mine into something much better than the original, with Pokemon following you, a more expansive post game, and plenty of new surprises throughout the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by PyrokidSosa View Post
    either Platinum or BW2. the little touches bw2 had were just lovely lol
    Lol BW2 is 5th gen.

Anyway, Platinum. I didn't like SS much, and Platinum made D/P virtually unplayable.

Platinum, hands down. It drastically improved DP, and there was just too much going on in HGSS for me to fully enjoy those games. Plus, Platinum's storyline is one of the best in a main series game, IMO.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Platinum, definitely.

The Sinnoh dex is a bit small (just counting the new pokemon), but I mostly like what there is of it, and I love the region and the game. I thoroughly enjoyed Diamond and Pearl, and Platinum is just that much better.

Pearl, mainly cuz of nostalgia. =P <3

Mine is Platinum. I liked the evolutions of the previous Pokemon, and I prefer its story line over DP's. SS was also okay, but I'm just not a big fan.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Platinum obviously.

Platinum is my all time favorite, it had the best storyline IMO, but HG/SS were good too, with the aftergame in the Kanto region. Definately Platinum though. nostalgia ~

Definitely Soulsilver
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

HeartGold because Gold was my first Pokemon game. Platinum is a close second though.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

PMD explorer of sky

HG/SS as they are remakes of my my favorite games. I love how they implemented the following Pokemon. But, not the main reason I prefer it. I always liked how you could travel to Kanto after you defeat the Elite 4.

platinum. I love the additions after diamond and pearl.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast