Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite 4th Gen game?

soulsilver, jhoto is my favorite reigon and and i loved it on the Ds.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Explorers of Sky. Great Expansion on an already good game - more starters, more poststory, and the special episodes.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

HeartGold, although Platinum was really good too.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Suolsilver!!!!!!!!! I hated Sinnoh. :P

On a random note:
    LOL

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Pokemon Soul Silver. I like Johto, and I hate Sinnoh. Kanto and Johto are the best regions, and Soul Silver is the most complete game about Pokemon.

Current Shiny Hunting (LG1, LG2 ,FR1, FR2): Shiny Paras. 7000 encounters.
    Next Hunting: Five Island Meadow.
    Soul Silver Team: Thyplosion, Ampharos, Dragonite, Exeggcuttor, Lapras, Tyranitar

HeartGold, I loved playing on gold and HeartGold was sooo good

---------------------------------------------

Platinum. While I don't hate DP or HGSS, Platinum did bring a lot of new changes from DP (such as faster surfing, expanded story, gym leader/E4 rematch teams and overall it seemed a bit faster than DP). It's a very fun game with a bunch of things to do in the main game and post game.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

platinum. the underground tunnels were amazing! me and my friends had so much fun down there.... plus you could grow berry's, i thought that was pretty cool.
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

Heartgold. It had walking Pokemon, two different regions (Johto is beautiful, IMO), and plenty of activities to keep me busy.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

HeartGold was wonderful, with Platinum a close 2nd
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Explorers of The Sky was amazing, but I also liked Platinum as well.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

For DS games, I would have to say Platinum is one of my favorites due to being an upgraded version of D/P, and just taking it a step further.
    But Battle Revolution was also one of my personal favs since it brought back all the 'cube nostalgia~
    oh hai thur.

I liked SoulSilver.

HeartGold.

While the nostalgic in me wants to say SoulSilver, I have to go with Platinum.
    It just offered so much more in terms of gameplay and replay value.
    And they focused on the giant Dragon Ghost, Giratina.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Diamond/Pearl was aMAYzing. I could listen to the soundtrack for hours.
    Edward
    Soul Silver FC: 5158-1486-1707

Platinum. The whole story was a lot more interesting, the conclusion of Cyrus's story was a lot more interesting and left open the possibility of of sequel in the future. I enjoyed the Battle Frontier which wasn't as good as RSE's but I could still play it for hours.

Platinum, it improved on so many things from Diamond and Pearl and it is a delight to replay through.

HeartGold and SoulSilver!!!!! Johto was the best, and love how it went to kanto too!!!!!! Also loved how all your pokemon can walk behind you, and show varying emotions like pikachu in yellow version! And the emotions got really specific, like reacting to locations, people (like team rocket lol), and gyms based on their typing and the gym's! It was also funny how with my cyndaquil it once said it was rolling around in the grass.....RUN FIRE!!!! lololol
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

To be honest, I really enjoyed Gen 4 a lot, which makes this a little tricky. Pearl is actually the game I've played most, clocking in over 370 hours, which is by some distance a record for me, (second best was Silver at around 150). The introduction of Wifi trading and battle was massive and whilst I made plenty of mistakes, (still regret giving away my original Palkia and have also ended up with a Pokemon ranch littered with hacked shinies and legendaries), but it was good fun. Story was a bit lacking but there's a good amount of stuff to do post-Elite 4 and Sinnoh is really a great region to trek around. It lets itself with the speed of the game though. Surfing is such a pain, as is the scroll speed of the text and being dismounted from your bike at every gate. Sounds trivial, but since these are key everyday things it really does make a difference.

Platinum fixes pretty much all the issues I had with Pearl but, for me at least, the problem is it isn't Pearl, or at least my Pearl save. If Platinum had been the game I really got my teeth into, spend hours online trading and battle, building a team I loved, attempting to complete the Pokedex, it would win by a mile. But there was just too much of a been there, done that, feel to it. I couldn't bring myself to start completing the Pokedex again, re-capture all the same legendary Pokemon, get a new team online. Battle Frontier was great fun, as was the new Wifi club thing with all the mini-games you could play with people, but without immersing myself in the game the same way I did with Pearl I couldn't get the same amount out of it.

The other problem was my Platinum team kinda ended up becoming a homage to my old Silver team. Of course, then SS came out and I did the team properly, meaning Platinum again ended up playing second fiddle to another game I was more immersed in. And SS has been a joy to play. I love the Pokemon following you, all additions and most of all, just being back in Johto.

Platinum's got the features, Pearl's got the memories and experiences, but SS combines the two and that makes it my fave game of Gen 4
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

I think Fourth Generation best so far. xD It was awesome. Fifth Generation is good, and all, but I prefer fourth. You don't have to go onto the Dream World in fourth Generation just to get a freaking Eevee. -_-

My favorite Fourth Generation game was either Platinum or SoulSilver. Platinum had a story line a really liked, but SoulSilver took place in Johto, which is my long-standing favorite region.

Soulsilver for nostalgia. Also Diamond, my first DS Pokemon game.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Platinum. It was the first Pokemon game I ever played, despite being a fan of the anime. And damn, was it awesome. It improved so many things from Diamond and Pearl that it wasn't even funny.

Soulsilver all the way.
    2. gen is my favorite generation and a remake of that stuff totally made day. Loved how the touchscreen actually came into use in these remakes.

HeartGold/Soulsilver are my favourites, although I put more hours into Platinum because I got that game first, and used it to make my team for wifi battles.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast