View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    14 27.45%
  • No...

    30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

    7 13.73%
Page 2280 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 12802180223022702276227722782279228022812282228322842290 ... LastLast
Results 56,976 to 57,000 of 58020

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

  1. #56976
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    It's like counting cards in a Poker Game. It's a skill but it really defies the object of actually playing the game. If you know the mechanics of the game and you want to attain something incredibly rare or valuable wouldn't it then tarnish the value of that rarity by manipulating the odd's in order to attain it? I guess everyones got there own lines but for me as long as it doesn't provide an unfair advantage against other players I can deal with it.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

  2. #56977
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada/ where ever I can think
    Posts
    11

    Post Pokemon Trivia

    Think you have Trivia that no one else knows and want to stump some people post it here.
    please don't lie about the facts people will find out and hunt you down
    If you think you can stump me just direct it to me and shoot
    BEGIN
    The meaning of life is not to live, but to learn about the world around you and protect the things you love - by yours truely


    Check out my FANFICTION http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8762319/1/A-road-for-the-weary

  3. #56978
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Please refrain from actually insulting other members, that's the reason previous versions of this sort of thread got shut down.
    ...You realize you basically insulted the OP in three different instances?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  4. #56979
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    If there is something rare, I would prefer to obtain it with the absolute best stats it can have. It in no way tarnishes the value, in fact, it actually makes it even more desirable than one with random stats.

    @ Moonrox: No, I didn't.

  5. #56980
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    You claim that people that argue against RNGing are close-minded. Seems sort of hypocritical, doesn't it? There's plenty of legitimate arguments against RNGing, you've just got your finger too far up your *** to realize it.
    hey um
    The reason I think RNGing is cheating is because it involves the use of a third party program that predicts the random numbers of the games. That's like seeing your entire future, everything that is going to happen in your life. It ruins the fun surprises that make life more fun.
    explain to me your UNBIASED point of view again please i would like to understand why you are close minded to RNGing
    By the looks of your senseless cussing about the matter, you seem very angry and distraught about the subject of RNGing. Which leads me to believe that people do disagree with the principles of RNGing are closed minded. You are a perfect example of such people. I have yet to meet a person who can successfully disagree with RNGing and keep their own emotions and self absorbed opinions out of the debate at hand.

    Obviously I had to have started somewhere. Trust me I've done my fair share of shiny hunting and IV breeding. But it got to be too tedious with my busy life. I was not about to spend countless hours for a game to generate certain code to appeal in my favor. So I looked into ways I could cut out the amount of time I was spending. I could either stop playing pokemon in this fashion entirely or I could keep doing what I was doing and essentially stop enjoying the game. So I turned to learning how to manipulate my game.
    It's not as hard as people think it is. It's just the amount of patience it takes to learn it. It can't be done in one sitting. It takes a few days. But once learned it will be easy as pie.
    People fail to realize it takes work. And you have to respect work. I respect your work as a shiny hunter or a IV breeder because hell, that takes patience. I am by no means going to put your work down because mine takes less time and seemingly less effort (which is totally untrue by the way). I just felt that RNGing better suited my needs for the game and I decided to learn it. I know its not cheating and so should everyone else. The sooner EVERYONE opens their mind to the subject the sooner we will all understand it and hopefully be able to perform it. Until then we will be stuck in the "No i hate RNGing because I can't sit down at attempt to learn how to do it myself" rut.

  6. #56981
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuurilugia View Post
    Think you have Trivia that no one else knows and want to stump some people post it here.
    please don't lie about the facts people will find out and hunt you down
    If you think you can stump me just direct it to me and shoot
    BEGIN
    Oh in that case. The Distortion World is based on a Black Hole which is a region of spacetime which nothing not even light can escape. Once inside a black hole's event horizon the mechanics of time outside of that horizon no longer exists as you head towards the core.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

  7. #56982
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    If there is something rare, I would prefer to obtain it with the absolute best stats it can have. It in no way tarnishes the value, in fact, it actually makes it even more desirable than one with random stats.
    So you're saying if I found a flawless shiny Patrat without RNG, and then you RNG'd the same thing, you would consider yours just as valuable as mine? Logic, right here.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  8. #56983
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    So you're saying if I found a flawless shiny Patrat without RNG, and then you RNG'd the same thing, you would consider yours just as valuable as mine? Logic, right here.
    It's exactly the same thing, so yeah, I would.

  9. #56984
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    hey um

    explain to me your UNBIASED point of view again please i would like to understand why you are close minded to RNGing
    By the looks of your senseless cussing about the matter, you seem very angry and distraught about the subject of RNGing. Which leads me to believe that people do disagree with the principles of RNGing are closed minded. You are a perfect example of such people. I have yet to meet a person who can successfully disagree with RNGing and keep their own emotions and self absorbed opinions out of the debate at hand.

    Obviously I had to have started somewhere. Trust me I've done my fair share of shiny hunting and IV breeding. But it got to be too tedious with my busy life. I was not about to spend countless hours for a game to generate certain code to appeal in my favor. So I looked into ways I could cut out the amount of time I was spending. I could either stop playing pokemon in this fashion entirely or I could keep doing what I was doing and essentially stop enjoying the game. So I turned to learning how to manipulate my game.
    It's not as hard as people think it is. It's just the amount of patience it takes to learn it. It can't be done in one sitting. It takes a few days. But once learned it will be easy as pie.
    People fail to realize it takes work. And you have to respect work. I respect your work as a shiny hunter or a IV breeder because hell, that takes patience. I am by no means going to put your work down because mine takes less time and seemingly less effort (which is totally untrue by the way). I just felt that RNGing better suited my needs for the game and I decided to learn it. I know its not cheating and so should everyone else. The sooner EVERYONE opens their mind to the subject the sooner we will all understand it and hopefully be able to perform it. Until then we will be stuck in the "No i hate RNGing because I can't sit down at attempt to learn how to do it myself" rut.
    If you had taken the time to go back one page before making such a bold statement, I said "Don't mind my signature" because it is a biased opinion. You assume I have no knowledge of RNG manipulation, which is the opposite of true. I know how to RNG, I know what it is, I choose not to do it, because I find it to be illegitimate. Who are you to change my OPINION?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  10. #56985
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    If there is something rare, I would prefer to obtain it with the absolute best stats it can have. It in no way tarnishes the value, in fact, it actually makes it even more desirable than one with random stats.

    @ Moonrox: No, I didn't.
    Hahaha. That made me laugh. =') In all seriousness though I don't think anyone can take it too seriously unless it tampers with competitive play.

    Honestly though somewhere between soft resetting + the masuda method isn't RNG manipulation something we all do?

    This stuff is so much like the science of gene doping which they're trying to outlaw. Makes for fascinating debate.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

  11. #56986
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    If you had taken the time to go back one page before making such a bold statement, I said "Don't mind my signature" because it is a biased opinion. You assume I have no knowledge of RNG manipulation, which is the opposite of true. I know how to RNG, I know what it is, I choose not to do it, because I find it to be illegitimate. Who are you to change my OPINION?
    Are you serious. Just the other page you were asking how it was done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    I have a question (I'm honestly asking, I don't know), does RNGing use any external sources?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Could you (theoretically) do it without it? Are those programs required? If so, it's technically illegitimate, because it uses external programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Thanks for the info! I might try it out.



    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Hahaha. That made me laugh. =') In all seriousness though I don't think anyone can take it too seriously unless it tampers with competitive play.

    Honestly though somewhere between soft resetting + the masuda method isn't RNG manipulation something we all do?

    This stuff is so much like the science of gene doping which they're trying to outlaw. Makes for fascinating debate.
    Yes, everything obtained from the game is technically RNG abused, it's just that most of the time, you just don't knowingly take advantage of it.

  12. #56987
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    If you had taken the time to go back one page before making such a bold statement, I said "Don't mind my signature" because it is a biased opinion. You assume I have no knowledge of RNG manipulation, which is the opposite of true. I know how to RNG, I know what it is, I choose not to do it, because I find it to be illegitimate. Who are you to change my OPINION?
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    So you actually want to support my notion that most if not ALL people who despise RNGing form very biased and uneducated views on it? Fine by me go ahead. You've already proved my point pretty well so at this point your just fueling my fire.
    I do assume you have no knowledge of how RNG manipulation works. If you know how to do it you wouldn't be so furious about the topic.
    Your opinions happen to be very wrong and ill formed. If you were perhaps more open to the subject of RNGing instead of acting like a juvenile about it, maybe your opinion will, possibly, change.

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo The Comic View Post
    If you think about it, RNG takes effort to do compared to straight out generating what Pokémon you want. Once that effort gets fulfilled, satisfaction may happen.
    Thank you for understanding Lorenzo.
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 2nd December 2012 at 11:30 PM.

  13. #56988

    Lightbulb RNG is good. Generating is bad.

    If you think about it, RNG takes effort to do compared to straight out generating what Pokémon you want. Once that effort gets fulfilled, satisfaction may happen.

  14. #56989
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Yeah I was going to say I've been using the MM + Synchronize + Female DW Pokemon + Power Items to create egg's for a while now and honestly you'd think with the time it takes for it to actually pay off it wouldn't be any worse than SRing for a shiny Kyurem.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

  15. #56990
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    So you actually want to support my notion that most if not ALL people who despise RNGing form very biased and uneducated views on it? Fine by me go ahead. You've already proved my point pretty well so at this point your just fueling my fire.
    I do assume you have no knowledge of how RNG manipulation works. If you know how to do it you wouldn't be so furious about the topic.
    Your opinions happen to be very wrong and ill formed. If you were perhaps more open to the subject of RNGing instead of acting like a juvenile about it, maybe your opinion will, possibly, change.

    EDIT:

    Thank you for understanding Lorenzo.
    I don't even want to argue with you anymore. There's no point to it. We have different opinions. And, at what point was I not open to RNGing, and at what point was I furious? Where are you getting these ideas from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Are you serious. Just the other page you were asking how it was done.
    Yes, and I went to the RNG thread and read through it before continuing the debate.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  16. #56991
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    I don't even want to argue with you anymore. There's no point to it. We have different opinions. And, at what point was I not open to RNGing, and at what point was I furious? Where are you getting these ideas from?
    MOONROX: There's plenty of legitimate arguments against RNGing, you've just got your finger too far up your *** to realize it.

    Yes, and I went to the RNG thread and read through it before continuing the debate.
    Simply reading through the RNG thread isn't going to help you understand it. You have to have a desire to understand it. Its useless approaching RNGing with an already closed mind. Its like saying "I hate apples but I'm going to try apples but I'll still hate apples afterwards."

    And way to cop out of the debate just as we have successfully countered all of your points. Your opinions might be opinions but again, they are ill-formed and very biased. All you have proven is that you are a very arrogant and close minded person (hey the point I was exactly trying to prove about people who dislike RNGing). All I am saying is to open your mind to the principles of RNGing.

  17. #56992
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    I don't even want to argue with you anymore. There's no point to it. We have different opinions. And, at what point was I not open to RNGing, and at what point was I furious? Where are you getting these ideas from?



    Yes, and I went to the RNG thread and read through it before continuing the debate.
    Given your more recent comments, I highly doubt that.

  18. #56993
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Given your more recent comments, I highly doubt that.
    In all fairness it is a legitimate science it's not like grabbing an AR Max choosing the stats then creating you're own perfect pokemon. Alot of math and science goes into it and it really does take ALOT of time and effort. I personally think if you've got the determination for something like that go ahead it's not cheating if you're using the games mechanics to determine the values of what your getting but if your using something out the game to influence events within then yes it's cheating.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

  19. #56994
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,337

    Default

    Thread turned in to a flame war... Shutting. All the links you need are mentioned in the thread, except for one, which is actually in someone's signature..

    Serebii allows "RNG Abuse" as Nintendo "allows" it for the battle events. It used a base component of the game/game console, and having some idea on how it works. I compare the method to counting cards. Both rely is knowing what is coming up. I try to limit the talk of this in GPD.

    PokeGen is a Save editor, and we've banned discussion of it on this forum as we consider it as a part of cheating device.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  20. #56995
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,337

    Default

    This should belong http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...titive-Pokemon as Scarf users mainly in Competitive teams.

    Shutting.

    Oh please. I think posting the same thread three times is enough.. check your PMs.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  21. #56996
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Oh in that case. The Distortion World is based on a Black Hole which is a region of spacetime which nothing not even light can escape. Once inside a black hole's event horizon the mechanics of time outside of that horizon no longer exists as you head towards the core.
    Well, not necessarily. Time just appears to slow down from the perspective of an outside viewer to do the gravitic effects of the black hole on the light that interacts with the observer's eyes. To the person inside the black hole, everything outside would appear to be sped up. The Distortion World is actually a supposed "mirror universe" (although it isn't a "universe," per se; it's a parallel dimension), wherein time and space function opposite the way they do in the primary dimension, as well as reference to baryogenesis, which is the process by which the amount of matter in our universe came to supersede that of antimatter, even though the two should logically have existed in equal amounts.
    Last edited by Endolise; 3rd December 2012 at 12:29 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  22. #56997
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    In BW, if a Pokémon has over 1800 Spe in battle, it'll go first both in and out of Trick Room.

  23. #56998
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,013

    Default

    Two Bug-type Pokemon can learn Fly, neither of which are part Flying-type (Genesect and Volcarona).

  24. #56999
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    111

    Default Ratings for Pokemon games

    I'm not sure where the right place to post this is so I thought here might work. I know all Pokemon games so far have been rated E in NA but does anyone think it could possibly change? in 3rd Generation we had Colosseum and XD and in 5th Generation we have BW/BW2 which have noticably darker plots. Pokemon has such a diverse age demographic for its fans I could see a T and even a M rating work.



    Never fear, N is here!

  25. #57000
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    I don't expect to ever see a Pokemon game with a rating higher then E +10 tops.

    Nintendo prefers to stay family friendly for certain franchises and Pokemon is one of them.

    Yes, the games you mentioned were a bit darker, but not nearly enough to be edging on a higher rating.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 3rd December 2012 at 5:47 AM.

Page 2280 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 12802180223022702276227722782279228022812282228322842290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •