View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2285 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 12852185223522752281228222832284228522862287228822892295 ... LastLast
Results 57,101 to 57,125 of 58020

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Actually, a new question came to mind.

Where do Manaphy eggs come from? They just pop up out of no where in a ranger game with no parent guarding them, and no matter how much you try to breed a Manaphy, you'll only get Phiones.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Where do Manaphy eggs come from? They just pop up out of no where in a ranger game with no parent guarding them, and no matter how much you try to breed a Manaphy, you'll only get Phiones.
    Yeah and lets not get into how a genderless pokemon can breed with a ditto. (Or anything breeding with a ditto for that matter)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Only one Manaphy can exist at a time according to the movie (and I guess actual game information). I suppose that when the current Manaphy is close to dying, it makes an egg, or... I dunno, the ocean makes the egg, or a Phione happens to make it--I dunno, it just has to return to where it was born and die there. The phoenix can die burning itself to death in a nest, but then a new phoenix in the form of a worm rises from the ashes. So something similar has to happen with Manaphy.

I could've sworn Manaphy was based off the hippocamp, or something like that when it came to reproduction. (I know there's one other mythical creature out there that does something like this...)
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    There's a Breeder in Nimbasa City you can challenge on Tuesdays and Fridays, who gives you a Rare Candy upon defeating him. Since Breeders can be challenged over and over again if you revisit that area, you can very legimately get infinite Rare Candies.
    Schweet! I think I know what I'm doing on Friday!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

There's a Breeder in Nimbasa City you can challenge on Tuesdays and Fridays, who gives you a Rare Candy upon defeating him. Since Breeders can be challenged over and over again if you revisit that area, you can very legimately get infinite Rare Candies.
    Actually you can do this everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Actually you can do this everyday.
    They're in a sports dome, right?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    They're in a sports dome, right?
    Yes, but each day, before going in the domes, it's best to save in front of them before entering the first time.

Tuesday and Friday? Try everyday

You need to SR them, though. Just save before entering the dome, then check both domes.
    However, if you already enter one of the domes' field before saving, then it's pointless, the contents of the domes are set once you enter the field.

By the way

is this supposed to be a Trivia thread, or a Question thread?

Because there's already a thread for both.

Pokemon questions can go here
    Pokemon trivia can go here

So...yeah, closing.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    Sex, what else? Pokemon obviously make eggs the same way real life egg laying animals make eggs.
    I don't think so. If that was the case, genderless Pokémon would be completely unable to reproduce, and we know that's not the case.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    Sex, what else? Pokemon obviously make eggs the same way real life egg laying animals make eggs.
    Skitty on Wailord, bro. Just saying

How do pokemon make eggs? Same way animals do i guess.
    There are many techniques that instantly sprung to mind when I saw this thread.
    *Impressed you didn't shut this pointless thread right away, Like you usually do when someone makes a decent one instead* hMmmm.....

The Rules prevent my stating at least 34 of the techniques. I will shut and ban anyone who decides to post those techniques.
    Hopefully no one will, Hopefully no one will...

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Yeah and lets not get into how a genderless pokemon can breed with a ditto. (Or anything breeding with a ditto for that matter)
    look at what i posted for how that works

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

I'll take a wild guess that your parents never gave you the "Flower and the bee"-talk?
    Even though it is not entirely the same, my guess is that it is not far from it

I guess this is the secret along with how they go to the bathroom xD

Hello? Yoohoo! I just want to know if there will be some Pokémon video games to be rated EC for Early Childhood by the ESRB?

T? M? Don't be silly. Sure, the games's plots have been maturing and getting darker lately, but they're still nowhere near the level to justify a 13+ rating. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. In a way, I always thought that the last few pokemon games (Platinum, B/W1 and B/W2) are like old disney or Don Bluth movies: written and meant for children, but with that underlying serious and mature side of them that makes them valuable for adults as well.

If anything, I think that a 3+ rating ( the current one) is ridiculous. I know that game ratings used to be assigend also considering the difficulty level of the game. That, plus the fact that you can't really play pokemon if you can't at least read, makes it very difficult for anyone to imagine a 4 year-old playing it.

Also, although pokemon games are never considered outright "scary".....well, I just think that Giratina's distortion world is a tad bit too dark for a 5 year-old's mind.
    So I think pokemon games (at least, the last two gens) should be rated something around 6+. At least for now.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by MiloticTwins View Post
    Hello? Yoohoo!
    What is this?

I just want to know if there will be some Pokémon video games to be rated EC for Early Childhood by the ESRB?
    You do know those games are specifically made for small children, right? They typically have some type of educational aspect. Pokemon's primary goal is entertainment, and it even says on the game itself that being able to read is a necessity to enjoy the game.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

As for the use wo started this thread, s/he may want to study the biography of Satoshi Tajiri for a bit before jumping to conclusions. And in truth, this is a charm I like in pokemon. Despite its light hearted looks, dig deeper and you'll realize there's something hidden and philosophically good/nasty within the game.

a. remember self destructing Electrodes? In japanese, self destruct is said as "suicidal bombing". The Kamikaze event in World War 2?! OMG!

b. Remember the 2 princes, along with Reshiram and Zekrom, in Pokemon Movie 14? Look at the scene where they both fought on which side has to win. The old king's truths? Or the young king's ideals? Or could it be related to the philosophical battle of Roman Beliefs vs Christianity? In roman mythology, Poseidon's trident is the weapon that controls water (they see it good). But for Christianity, its the devil's pitchfork (they see it evil). See the argument in history? I hope you do. I got this on Da Vinci Code.

c. Prince Manaphy is said to live in cold oceans in an underwater city. and only the people of the water were allowed to visit the sacred temple. Does the history of Atlantis spring to mind?
    d. Here's a common example. What's the closest human characteristic of Scrafty? If you answered gangsters, thugs, and drug users, correct.

e. Jellicent is another one to be afraid if due to its aesthetics and data. Read all of its Pokedex data, I assume you know the Bermuda Triangle. Sailors cross the bermuda triangle, the crew got lost, the radars from outside never got the ships position, and were never ever seen again.

f. I hate saying this, but if you lined up new york and route 4 of Unova of B/W 1, its ...     Spoiler:- if you're american, please dont open this:
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Despite its light hearted looks, dig deeper and you'll realize there's something hidden and philosophically good/nasty within the game.[/I]

a. remember self destructing Electrodes? In japanese, self destruct is said as "suicidal bombing". The Kamikaze event in World War 2?! OMG!

b. Remember the 2 princes, along with Reshiram and Zekrom, in Pokemon Movie 14? Look at the scene where they both fought on which side has to win. The old king's truths? Or the young king's ideals? Or could it be related to the philosophical battle of Roman Beliefs vs Christianity? In roman mythology, Poseidon's trident is the weapon that controls water (they see it good). But for Christianity, its the devil's pitchfork (they see it evil). See the argument in history? I hope you do. I got this on Da Vinci Code.

c. Prince Manaphy is said to live in cold oceans in an underwater city. and only the people of the water were allowed to visit the sacred temple. Does the history of Atlantis spring to mind?
    d. Here's a common example. What's the closest human characteristic of Scrafty? If you answered gangsters, thugs, and drug users, correct.

e. Jellicent is another one to be afraid if due to its aesthetics and data. Read all of its Pokedex data, I assume you know the Bermuda Triangle. Sailors cross the bermuda triangle, the crew got lost, the radars from outside never got the ships position, and were never ever seen again.
    Oh, my goodness. No. Stop. Please. Not a one of these comes even close to making any sense. It's reaching to prove a nonexistent point in the worst possible way. This couldn't be any worse if someone try--

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    f. I hate saying this, but if you lined up new york and route 4 of Unova of B/W 1, its ... Ground Zero. Don't kill me!
    --well. I stand corrected. It could get worse.

These are all completely without any sort of common sense, logic or rational thought. No sugarcoating any of that. It's an affront to reason that some of this actually rates as discussion-worthy. I'm not blaming you specifically, since I'm sure (I hope) some of these didn't spring forth solely from your mind, but it was your decision to post these and try and paint them as being "things people don't see" or whatever justification it is.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 6th December 2012 at 8:57 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    This will never happen. Ever. Straight up. Zero chance.

Please, anyone about to do the "well, I guess you work for Game Freak!" song and dance, save yourself the trouble.
    In all honesty this sums up the topic best.

Pokemon won't ever be rated T or M, ever. It just won't happen. I'm sorry but there isn't much else to discuss.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhriel View Post
    I guess this is the secret along with how they go to the bathroom xD
    Never thought of that one D:

They go on a date.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Hmm... maybe... because it is a game? How do you explain that giant creatures fit in little balls? How do you explain that a trainer is blocked by a tiny tree? How do you explain that a professor knows 100% of the time where you are and what you are doing? Fantasyyy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    They go on a date.
    Time to call in Smeargle,the ultimate date rapist
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Time to call in Smeargle,the ultimate date rapist
    You forgot to put a space between the , and the t! Omg!
    Lol kidding. I don't get your joke haha.

Page 2285 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 12852185223522752281228222832284228522862287228822892295 ... LastLast