Thread: Meet the Team: A TF2 Styled OU RMT

Default Meet the Team: A TF2 Styled OU RMT

Alright, so this time, I didn't go towards any specific theme, rather just gathered Pokemon that seemed to work well together for me. As such, I went for a similar structure to a good team in another game. And so here, we meet the team.

Spoiler:- =======Teambuilding=======:

=======Team In Depth=======

"BONK!"
    Scout (Mienshao) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - HP Ice
    - U-turn
    Scout does what Scout needs to. He starts out there, hits with Fake Out, tries to take out something if he can, and then U-Turns out. HJK is for a powerful STAB, and HP Ice can hit most flying types hard enough, and Stone Edge's accuracy is absurdly annoying, like when I miss four times in a row.

"Not one o' ya's gonna survive this!"
    Demoman (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    An offensive Demo can cause mayhem wherever he goes. Outrage because STAB. Fire Fang covers Jirachi and others, Earthquake provides good STAB coverage, and Stone Edge because more rocks. Rough Skin and Helmet provide extra damage to those like Breloom and Scizor with Mach and Bullet Punch.

"I have yet to meet man who can outsmart bullet."
    Heavy (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Rock Blast
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Spear
    Heavies, when used correctly, are capable of mowing down entire teams. Since he's sashed, he can safely do a Shell Smash without getting OHKO'ed, or two if I'm feeling cocky. After which he can obliterate anything unless there's weather, since Ice Shard can take care of things like Breloom.

"Everything above your head is gonna be a fine red mist!"
    Sniper (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    The Sniper hides, and comes out when he can shoot. Spore gives me a free turn to do whatever I want, like Focus Punch.

"Sentry goin' up!"
    Engineer (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Volt Switch
    Sentries, sentries. Hazards can be a pain, especially for Heavy, so something needs to be there to spin them away, and even set up my own. Volt Switch is there so I can get away from Magnezone.

"C,mere, cupcake!"
    Soldier (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Secret Sword
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Icy Wind
    Scarf Keldeo adds a wonderful water resist to the team. It can take advantage of weakened Lati's thanks to Breloom. His counters can also be taken out by the Sniper too. He can also pressure Blissey with Secret Sword. HP Grass fives him a wider coverage as well.

=======Weaknesses=======

--Any ghosts. Scout can't hit them with Fake Out or Hi Jump Kick, and he has to retreat right away hoping he isn't outsped. Which, the only real problem would be a Speed-natured Gengar.

--Gengar specifically. Speed-natured Gengar outspeeds everything bar Keldeo, and his Surf doesn't hit hard enough to OHKO it.

--Latios. It outspeeds everything but Keldeo, who again, can't hit it hard enough to OHKO it.

--Scarfed Thundurus-T. It outspeeds everything except Keldeo, who can't hit it hard enough to take it out in one hit.

--Deoxys-D. Somehow, whenever I use it, it manages to go down in one or two hits. But when someone else uses it, it walls my entire team, and it's extremely frustrating.

--Sandstorm Teams. They essentially prevent Heavy from working well, and damage, damage everywhere.

Spoiler:- =======Importable=======:

=======A Final Glance=======

Spoiler:- Credit is awesome!:

Last edited by Sweetie Belle; 3rd December 2012 at 3:33 PM. Reason: Added threats.

No rates? This is a well written RMT... far better than the average RMT here especially with the cool theme. I don't have much advice, but consider this...

First I suggest dropping Fake Out on Mienshao for HP Ice. Yes, I know Fake Out is free damage and fits the theme of scout, but in reality it is a terrible move on Mienshao. Try HP Ice instead (run Naive or Hasty) so you can smash Gliscor / Landorus. Fake Out is a bad move because it is SO weak and predictable. Hi-Jump Kick hits literally everything in the game harder, even 4x resists. When your opponent switches to Skarmory or literally anything faster to counter Mienshao and you Fake Out you basically lose the engagement as you are now forced to switch out. Fake Out can help bring down Multiscale Dragonite and Sash Alakazam though so its sort of up to you but in general using Fake Out is a huge momentum killer and a massive waste of Mienshao's offensive talent.

Look into Life Orb + Fire Blast > Fire Fang on Garchomp. Also Dual Chop > Stone Edge. The extra power lets you 2HKO Gliscor, Skarmory, defensive Gyaradaos, Deoxys D, Reuniclus. You also OHKO Starmie, Rotom W, Volcarona, Tornadus, Scizor etc. Rocky Helmet is cool I guess but Garchomp, while bulky, is 3HKOed by any decently powerful hit. You can do far more damage to your opponent just by using Life Orb. Dual Chop > Stone Edge lets you hit Breloom and Gengar extremely hard.

Maybe try White Herb on Cloyster. I can understand running Focus Sash but Cloyster has so much physical defense that it is certainly capable of finding its own time to set up. With all the Sandstorm and priority moves in OU a 1 HP Cloyster isn't going to sweep much anyway. Consider Hydro Pump > Razor Shell so you can beam Skarmory and Foretress more easily. Or even Ice Shard if Thundurus is a problem. Ice Shard lets you beat Mach Punch Breloom and the occasional Scarf Latios as well.

Try Spore > Substitute or Mach Punch on Breloom. Spore is an absolute necessity on Breloom as due to the BW Sleep mechanics it is basically a free kill. If you want to go the Toxic Orb route drop Bullet Seed for Seed Bomb. Seed Bomb out damages Bullet Seed 2/3rds of the time when not using technician. If you want to run a Technician set try Spore / Mach Punch / Bullet Seed / Rock Tomb holding a Life Orb.

The rest of the team seems fine, assuming Ditto has good Hidden Power IVs.

If you have trouble with Gengar you can drop Volt Switch for Gyro Ball on Forretress and run a Specially Defensive set.

Additionally you can get rid of Mienshao for Scizor who not only fills the scout role also beats Gengar and is slightly more reliable against Blissey (Blissey will protect on Hi-Jump Kick). U-turn / Bullet Punch / Quick Attack / Superpower. With Banded Bullet Punch and LO Mach Punch on Breloom your own Ditto may not be as vital. You could drop it for a Choice Scarf Rotom Wash (Volt Switch / Hydro Pump / HP Ice / Trick). This gives you something to do against Gengar / Gyarados and leaves you with a Volt-Switch core to abuse Spikes + Stealth Rocks. It doesn't really do much against Thundurus though, on the other hand it helps with your crippling Ground weakness.

The better written RMTs always have no/little rates and less views than the 2 minutes of effort ones. Anyways, HP Ice on Mienshao over Fake Out or Stone Edge as it allows you to beat Landorus and Gliscor. I see a glaring weakness against those Genies if Ditto is down or Cloyster has no boosts. I like Ice Shard over Razor Shell as it deals good damage to your Gengar problem, KOing a weakened one and those pesky genies. I also see a pretty big problem with Rain teams, particularly Hurricane users such as Tornadus, Dragonite, Volcarana and such. Nothing really here can take strong special hits actually when you've got STAB Rain boosted Hydro Pumps flying around and your lack of special attackers seems to be a problem as a defensive core with a dedicated physical wall or two shuts the team down. Skarmory seems to be a problem being able to OHKO Breloom and Mienshao, while phasing Cloyster's boosts away. Nothing hits it real hard besides a +2 Cloyster that goes down pretty quickly with the prevalence of priority from Scizor and Breloom. I'd swap either Ditto or Cloyster for Rotom-W to give you a special presence being able to handle Rain teams somewhat effectively while presenting a special offensive presence. Can't really think ATM so that's all I've got.

BH hit on pretty much everything, but from what i see, a Deoxys-D would fit this team perfectly. it's ability to reliable almost always set up 2 layers of spikes and rocks is a huge boon to the behemoths on your team. it also stops terrakion cold, who currently, none of your team can handle if it switches in reliably. and choice scarf variants run all over you, speed-tying with ditto(while probably ohkoing with close combat in the process) and outspeeding both cloyster and garchomp(unless cloyster gets a shell smash). again, this is just if it switches in. with Deoxys-d, you gain great support, as well as entry hazards galore. having it over forretress is probably best. with 3 of your pokemon resistant to stealth rock, one neutral, one unknown(does ditto take damage before or after the change?) and one actually might need support, rocks arent really that much of an issue. so you don't really need a spinner.

with that, focus sash is pretty much useless, unless you lead with it, but you should be leadinh with deo-d. so, maybe try a kings rock or a white herb. kings rock gives you a 41% chance to flinch, which is debatable whether its useful or a gimmick(at least to me). white herb gives you back your defenses, leaving you harder to revenge kill, and with that 180 base defense, is much better, being revenge killed by probably only mach punch techniloom.

more to come later, but very well-presented rmt.

Well, I had made edits to the team before seeing any rates here, so I updated my OP. Cloyster got Ice Shard, which proved extremely useful. He kept the Sash though, because it helps him be a better revenge killer, which is essentially what his role has become. Ditto was kicked for Scarf Keldeo, who not only is a great Water resist, but can successfully pressure Blissey with Secret Sword. Mienshao got HP Ice in exchange for Stone Edge, because Fake Out has shown itself so be very useful. Breloom got a Spore, but keeps Bullet Seed because Sub spammers were an issue.

Gengar is still a pest.

Sash is useless tbh with the prevalence of sand and entry hazards. Keldeo should be able to take out Gengar with HP Ghost.