Thread: Critique my main OU team?

Threaded View

Default Critique my main OU team?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions and improvements, thanks!

Scizor

Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    Item: Life orb

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Bug Bite

Scizor is my opener. Usually I try to get one or two swords dances in first before attacking. Bullet punch has gotten me out of quite a few sticky situations where both me and the opponent have less than a third of hp left and I often use it as a finisher. Bug bite dishes out serious STAB damage and also eats the opponent's berry, which is awesome. Brick break deals with types that resist steel/bug.

Rotom-W

Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    Item: Shell Bell

EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe

Moves:
    Hidden Power (fire)
    Hydro Pump
    Volt Switch
    Will-O-Wisp

I was going for a bulky special attacker here. Hidden power fire allows me to deal with rotom's only type weakness (grass) and destroys steel types too. Volt switch is for when I need to quickly switch out if something nasty comes my way or a dragon type, since they resist this moveset, and I get to deal some damage on the way out as well. Will-o-wisp shuts down physical sweepers. God this thing is awesome.

Haxorus

Ability: Mold Breaker
    Item: Choice Band

EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe

Moves:
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Outrage
    Brick Break

Standard beat-down tactics here. Invested in a little HP so that he lasts just a little bit longer, since haxorus is a bit of a glass cannon from what I've found in the past. Getting locked into outrage doesn't really matter since I'm going to get locked into one attack anyway with choice band. I was thinking of swapping out dragon claw for a different attack since I already have outrage, suggestions on that would be awesome.

Starmie

Nature: Timid
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: Leftovers

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Rapid Spin
    Ice Beam
    Hydro Pump

My team's spinner, but most of the time I've found starmie to be a pretty awesome sweeper as well since it's pretty darn fast. Ice beam gets rid of any problem dragon types, thunderbolt for those annoying bulky water types, hydro pump for STAB. Leftovers helps it last that little bit longer.

Lucario

Ability: Inner Focus
    Item: Shuca Berry (thinking of swapping for a white herb?)

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Moves:
    Close Combat
    Extreme Speed
    Ice Punch
    Swords Dance

Usually I open with one swords dance and then spam Exteme Speed, and have found this to be pretty effective. Ice punch is awesome and has really helped me out of some nasty situations. Shuca berry helps deal with earthquake which lucario has kept getting hit with in the past. I was thinking of switching it for a white herb though to get rid of close combat's penalties.

Volcarona

Nature: Timid
    Ability: Flame Body
    Item: Charti Berry

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Moves:
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Psychic
    Fiery Dance

Man I love this pokemon. Three quiver dances make this pokemon unstoppable, but stealth rock/stone edge/rock slide can do some pretty nasty damage while I'm setting up (hence starmie's rapid spin and the charti berry). I chose fiery dance over fire blast since it has better accuracy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Golden_Charmander; 3rd December 2012 at 5:28 PM.