Thread: Probably my best in game team ever xD

Default Probably my best in game team ever xD

I guess I could conciser this to be semi-competitive, but mostly for in game, PWT, Battle Subway, Battling friends, etc.
    I'm hoping this will turn out to be a great team

--------------------------------------------------

Absol ~ Draya
    Adamant
    Super Luck
    @Scope Lens
    252atk/252spd/4hp
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Stone Edge
    Sword Dance

Alakazam ~ Lelouch
    Modest
    Synchronize (untill I can find a Magic Guard one)
    @Life Orb
    252s.atk/252spd/4hp
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Energy Ball

Scizor ~ Grell
    Adamant
    Technician
    @Choice Band
    252stk/252spd/4hp
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite
    Superpower

Garchomp ~ Kenny
    Adamant
    Sand Veil
    @Choice Band
    252atk/252spd/4hp
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Fang

Blissey ~ Happyness
    Bold
    Natural Cure
    @Leftovers
    252def/176s.def/80hp
    Softboiled
    Toxic
    Seismic Toss
    Flamethrower

Chandelure ~ Homura
    Modest
    Flash Flare
    @Life Orb
    252s.atk/252spd/4hp
    Heat Wave
    Energy Ball
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Last edited by Blood Red Absol; 7th December 2012 at 11:25 PM.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Your team looks good! However, I suggest Swords Dance over Stone Edge. Fire+Dragon+Ground covers everything.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

If you use this competitively, you want Sucker Punch on Absol. Relying on critical hits does not pay off, even with two boosts to the % of them happen. Absol is not fast and STAB priority with 80 base power really helps it.

Also, U-Turn and Bug Bite are redundant. There will be very few occasions where you will lock yourself into Bug Bite, because once again Scizor is slow and if you're looking for a lategame sweep instead of just trapping (Pursuit) or scouting while landing a heavy hit (U-Turn) you will mostly use Bullet Punch because it makes you faster.
    So yeah, Pursuit over Bug Bite. Rest looks fine. And yeah Garchomp could use either a boosting move or Substitute over Stone Edge.
    Or both really, You will only use a Fire move for Bronzong and Skarmory after a Swords Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Your team looks good! However, I suggest Swords Dance over Stone Edge. Fire+Dragon+Ground covers everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by edonub View Post
    If you use this competitively, you want Sucker Punch on Absol. Relying on critical hits does not pay off, even with two boosts to the % of them happen. Absol is not fast and STAB priority with 80 base power really helps it.

Also, U-Turn and Bug Bite are redundant. There will be very few occasions where you will lock yourself into Bug Bite, because once again Scizor is slow and if you're looking for a lategame sweep instead of just trapping (Pursuit) or scouting while landing a heavy hit (U-Turn) you will mostly use Bullet Punch because it makes you faster.
    So yeah, Pursuit over Bug Bite. Rest looks fine. And yeah Garchomp could use either a boosting move or Substitute over Stone Edge.
    Or both really, You will only use a Fire move for Bronzong and Skarmory after a Swords Dance.
    Ok I have changed Stone Edge on Garchomp for Sword Dance.
    Scizor I will have to maul over a little more.

I'd honestly give Blissey Serence Grace for the Ability, and give it Flamethrower instead of Seismic Toss. Even though Blissey is a staller, as toxic won't affect steel-types, so Flamethrower w/ Serene Grace has an okay chance of burning it.

Overall it also seems that you focus on speed, to have a good and balanced team, you should always try to have one or two Bulky Sweepers/HP Monsters such as Mamoswine or Snorlax, because your fast sweepers (Entire team aside from Blissey) are going to be easily destroyed by one, whereas Bulky vs Bulky will have better odds. One defensive staller such as Shuckle should be included aswell.
    My swarm of Ledyba will destroy your crops bwahaha

Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    I'd honestly give Blissey Serence Grace for the Ability, and give it Flamethrower instead of Seismic Toss. Even though Blissey is a staller, as toxic won't affect steel-types, so Flamethrower w/ Serene Grace has an okay chance of burning it.

Overall it also seems that you focus on speed, to have a good and balanced team, you should always try to have one or two Bulky Sweepers/HP Monsters such as Mamoswine or Snorlax, because your fast sweepers (Entire team aside from Blissey) are going to be easily destroyed by one, whereas Bulky vs Bulky will have better odds. One defensive staller such as Shuckle should be included aswell.
    Thanks, I'll have to breed a new Chancey when I get the time.
    As for the rest I will remember that for future reference.

Without Natural Cure, Blissey is basically screwed. Besides, Heal Bell only has 5 PP.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Without Natural Cure, Blissey is basically screwed. Besides, Heal Bell only has 5 PP.
    Than what of steel and poison types as papayaperson said?

Blissey is not meant to deal damage, it's meant to sit there and tank hits while forcing switches/stalling with toxic, healing your team's status with aromatherapy if needed, providing Wish support... You can do a lot of things with Blissey, sadly dealing direct damage is not one of them. You know it's true when you have Seismic Toss as your best option. You get five other team members to "deal with Steel and Poison types".
    Natural Cure is great because it makes Blissey even better of a sponge. Flamethrower will probably fail to 2hit KO a standard Ferrothorn which can Leech Seed+Protect stall you down, lay down hazards, switch in pretty much ANYTHING that's not a Forretress or a Scizor for free, etc.
    Even with Serene Grace, Flamethrower's Burn chance is only 20%.

Flamethrower does 2HKO, but Ferrothorn users will be smart and switch to a Blissey counter, so you are right.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by edonub View Post
    Blissey is not meant to deal damage, it's meant to sit there and tank hits while forcing switches/stalling with toxic, healing your team's status with aromatherapy if needed, providing Wish support... You can do a lot of things with Blissey, sadly dealing direct damage is not one of them. You know it's true when you have Seismic Toss as your best option. You get five other team members to "deal with Steel and Poison types".
    Natural Cure is great because it makes Blissey even better of a sponge. Flamethrower will probably fail to 2hit KO a standard Ferrothorn which can Leech Seed+Protect stall you down, lay down hazards, switch in pretty much ANYTHING that's not a Forretress or a Scizor for free, etc.
    Even with Serene Grace, Flamethrower's Burn chance is only 20%.
    Flamethrower does 2HKO, but Ferrothorn users will be smart and switch to a Blissey counter, so you are right.
    Ok, well Blissy stays as she is then, I might change Ice Beam to flamethrower anyway.

Good idea.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

You're probably not going to want to run Choice Band + Swords Dance on Garchomp for rather obvious reasons. Go with Yache Berry as your item to reduce damage from Ice-type attacks.

I'd also suggest you go with Leftovers > Life Orb on Chandelure. Chandelure has base 145 SpA, and Modest nature, 252 SpA EVs and Calm Mind is more than enough power since you said you'll mainly be sticking to in-game and battling friends. Leftovers increases its longevity and ensures you can sweep for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    You're probably not going to want to run Choice Band + Swords Dance on Garchomp for rather obvious reasons. Go with Yache Berry as your item to reduce damage from Ice-type attacks.

I'd also suggest you go with Leftovers > Life Orb on Chandelure. Chandelure has base 145 SpA, and Modest nature, 252 SpA EVs and Calm Mind is more than enough power since you said you'll mainly be sticking to in-game and battling friends. Leftovers increases its longevity and ensures you can sweep for longer.
    Ok thanks, I'll be changing this around when I get around to it

I know too much about Scizor after the countless days of trying to perfect mine (he was my first level 100).
    As was said, U-Turn and Bug Bite is redundant, I would keep Bug Bite and replace U-Turn with Night Slash. And another option that very few people seem to use on Scizor would be Rock Smash. Superpower is stronger, but your stats go down. Rock Smash uses Technician and has a chance to reduce the opponents defense.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    I know too much about Scizor after the countless days of trying to perfect mine (he was my first level 100).
    As was said, U-Turn and Bug Bite is redundant, I would keep Bug Bite and replace U-Turn with Night Slash. And another option that very few people seem to use on Scizor would be Rock Smash. Superpower is stronger, but your stats go down. Rock Smash uses Technician and has a chance to reduce the opponents defense.
    I like the idea of rock smash, I think I will put that or night slash over U-Turn
    I'll keep superpower though.
    I'll maul this over a bit.

U-Turn is what makes Scizor great. With it, it can scout out the enemy and switch accordingly.
    Also, Life Orb is the better item as it allows it to be even more devastating. It misses out on a lot of KOs with Leftovers and it has Pain Split to heal decently.
    Last edited by azeem40; 3rd December 2012 at 12:50 AM.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

For Alakazam
    Use Energy Ball instead of Calm Mind for more coverages and Alakazam does not have enough Defense and Special Defense to use Calm Mind, it might get OHKO first. Put Choice Specs or Focus Sash as a option.

U-Turn is what makes Scizor great. With it, it can scout out the enemy and switch accordingly.
    Also, Life Orb is the better item as it allows it to be even more devastating. It misses out on a lot of KOs with Leftovers and it has Pain Split to heal decently.
    Sorry but I think I am quite happy with my current Scizor

Quote Originally Posted by chap196 View Post
    For Alakazam
    Use Energy Ball instead of Calm Mind for more coverages and Alakazam does not have enough Defense and Special Defense to use Calm Mind, it might get OHKO first. Put Choice Specs or Focus Sash as a option.
    This makes alot if sense to me, thanks, I'll change it around :3

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    Sorry but I think I am quite happy with my current Scizor

This makes alot if sense to me, thanks, I'll change it around :3
    If you're gonna even go semi-competitive, GL without U-Turn. It is immensely useful in the current metagame.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I am really happy with what I finished with (although I still want a Magic Guard Alakazam)
    Is there anymore changes anyone could recommend or is this team good as it is?