Thread: Another rain RMT

Default Another rain RMT

So I've used this team and slight variations of it a few times on Pokemon Online and it's kinda stuck onto me since. It's my first shot at making a weather team and also my first OU team (I like UU better for some reason). I've really been wanting to use Rotom - W and I also like the VoltTurn strategy, which I know works pretty well in the rain. But mind you, VoltTurn isn't the main focus of this team. So without further ado, I present my team:

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Ability: Drizzle
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
    Scald
    Protect
    Perish Song
    Toxic
        Spoiler:- Strategy:

Rotom - W @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/ 28 SpA/ 232 SpDef
    Volt Switch
    Hydropump
    Will-o-Wisp
    Pain Split

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe
    U-Turn
    Bullet Punch
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP/ 236 Def/ 20 Spe
    Scald
    Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Protect

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpDef/ 252 Spe
    Fire Blast
    Bug Buzz
    Hurricane
    Quiver Dance

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
    Scald
    Psyshock
    Ice Beam
    Slack-off

Please rate, comment and criticize freely. And while you're at it, please recommend something I can do about dragon types and Gastrodon. Thanks

I used to have problems with Gastrodon too on one of my teams, but Toxic on Rotom, instead of WoW does great in removing it.
    Firey Dance/Flamethrower > Fire Blast, cuz miss hax are killing.
    Physical Dragons are dealt with pretty well IMO, but since like no one is specially defensive, Specs Latios' Draco Meteors can severely damage the team.
    The Netherlands:
    ORAS Demo available at:
    - First Look event, Utrecht, 11&12 October. Entrance: €15,-
    - Nintendo Autumn Tour. Dates and locations found >here<
    I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Also, I really think you have too many water types. You should put a late game sweeper on the team(Like Jolteon or something) or have something that can set up hazards and take hits, while immune to Electric attacks(i.e Donphan. That thing has been getting alot of use now.)
    Welp. Under Construction for now.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDriver View Post
    I used to have problems with Gastrodon too on one of my teams, but Toxic on Rotom, instead of WoW does great in removing it.
    Firey Dance/Flamethrower > Fire Blast, cuz miss hax are killing.
    Physical Dragons are dealt with pretty well IMO, but since like no one is specially defensive, Specs Latios' Draco Meteors can severely damage the team.
    Well I put WoW on Rotom to buff it up on the physical side (sort of) and I already have Toxic Spikes and Toxic on Tentracuel and Politoed respectively so I thought it would be enough.
    And as far as special defense goes, I thought Rotom was enough, is it not ? I haven't run into any Latios yet so I don't really know.
    And I was also thinking of switching WoW for T-Wave to cripple faster threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdj11 View Post
    Also, I really think you have too many water types. You should put a late game sweeper on the team(Like Jolteon or something) or have something that can set up hazards and take hits, while immune to Electric attacks(i.e Donphan. That thing has been getting alot of use now.)
    Toxic spikes are my only form of entry hazards at the moment and while Donphan seems nice, the team, as pointed out by SkyDiver, could use something more on the specially defensive side. Donphan is still a neat choice though. What about Excadrill ? Late game sweeper and immune to electric type attacks. It can also screw with sand teams.

For your SpD problems, you might try Celebi. It gets good synergy with the rain, functions as a cleric (if running Heal Bell) and defensive pivot and has a solid 323 SpD with 404 HP to back it up on this SpD set.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
    - Giga Drain
    - U-Turn
    - Recover
    - Stealth Rock

I'm not exactly sure how this fares against that Specs Latios as far as taking hits goes but it does tank a lot of Special threats effectively, particularly the bane of many rain teams, Thundurus-T. Giga Drain can be Psychic if you feel you don't need the recovery benefit / don't have problems with Gastrodon, but I personally prefer Giga Drain. It checks Gastrodon and adds that nice recovery. U-Turn has synergy with Natural Cure and gives you a bit of damage on the way out. It's a great scouting move too. Recover is fantastic, good consistent recovery. Stealth Rock is here because you mentioned you didn't have any hazards besides Toxic Spikes and Rocks is always a great thing to have. Celebi can get it off easily too.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Took a quick glance; at school, but you'll probably want Surf or Hydro Punp over Scald on Politoed so you can use Toxic instead of the burn getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    For your SpD problems, you might try Celebi. It gets good synergy with the rain, functions as a cleric (if running Heal Bell) and defensive pivot and has a solid 323 SpD with 404 HP to back it up on this SpD set.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
    - Giga Drain
    - U-Turn
    - Recover
    - Stealth Rock

I'm not exactly sure how this fares against that Specs Latios as far as taking hits goes but it does tank a lot of Special threats effectively, particularly the bane of many rain teams, Thundurus-T. Giga Drain can be Psychic if you feel you don't need the recovery benefit / don't have problems with Gastrodon, but I personally prefer Giga Drain. It checks Gastrodon and adds that nice recovery. U-Turn has synergy with Natural Cure and gives you a bit of damage on the way out. It's a great scouting move too. Recover is fantastic, good consistent recovery. Stealth Rock is here because you mentioned you didn't have any hazards besides Toxic Spikes and Rocks is always a great thing to have. Celebi can get it off easily too.
    Yes ! This is exactly what I needed. I ditched Slowbro for a Donphan to deal with electric types. However, it's horrible typing and the fact that every electric type has HP ice didn't help too much all it could do was get rocks up before it died. I also badly needed a cleric not named Blissey. This Celebi seems perfect. I'll definitely try it out. Thanks a bunch

Pretty standard, the only thing I'd recommend is maybe Ice Beam > Toxic on Toed, to hit the likes of Dragonite and Salamence hard.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 6th December 2012 at 6:38 PM.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Pretty standard, the only thing I'd recommend is maybe Ice Beam > Toxic on Toed, to hit the likes of Dragonite and Salamence hard.
    Done. It's really helpfull.

After a couple of tweaks here and there, the team has been doing pretty well on PO. Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys