View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2286 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 12862186223622762282228322842285228622872288228922902296 ... LastLast
Results 57,126 to 57,150 of 57777

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

This thread is heading towards the spammy area.. shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Default I think Pokemon Adventures is the better series, seriously

They should reboot the animated series.

I'm shutting this now, to prevent a flame war.. AS you posted this thread before.. and it was a start of a flame war.

I'll link to your last thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...6#post15362436

Do NOT Remake this thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Default Pokémon movie 15

Does someone knows how late m15 will air on cartoon network?
    And is there a live stream?
    Fire Red team :
    Heart gold team:
    emerald team:
    W2 team:

Sorry I don't know it :S
    Hmm, isn't there a place for pokémon movies in this forum? I think not but oh well.
    You could turn this topic into a discussion about movie 15 instead of just a question I think.
    Also, I think if you check the CN site you will see it there.

Default Question concerning EV on Pokemon

K so I've been playing Pokemon games since like age 9 and lately I got to playing Emerald again, I've already gone through it and blabla but I pretty much just learned about EV/IV points or whatever. I need to know how to view my Pokemons EV points. I've already looked at the manual method you guys usually go through and I can't do that because I started reading up on this when it was too late.
    Is there a code I can use, I am playing it on the Nogba gba emulator, that can allow me to view my Pokemons ev without hacking the game?

Default Anyone wanna be friends?

Don't have any friends on my new Pearl game, post your friendcode here and I'll add you.

Mine is 4041 45522 3735

Pearl is a game that came out almost six years ago in North America. The 4th gen of Pokemon is completely dead if what you want to do is do Wi-Fi trading and battling.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

When did Pokemon turn into Call of Duty, where you buy the newest game because everyone else has it and the previous games are barren online? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    When did Pokemon turn into Call of Duty, where you buy the newest game because everyone else has it and the previous games are barren online? :/
    It isn't barren, but people migrate their Pokemon to the latest generation. I still sometimes dust off Platinum/HG/SS to do breeding or some other odds-and-ends. And I might sometimes trade on those games if someone is really nice and needs something on that generation for a good reason, but otherwise, people play the latest games. This is especialyl true of battlers, who want their Pokemon on the latest games so they can take advantage of the newest moves, abilities, and mechanics.

This is in no way "Call of Duty" restricted. It has been that way in most multi-player gaming. Even the official tournaments only support the latest versions. Even in Gen 5, the current Official Wi-Fi Winter Tournament is only for B2W2, not for B1W1.

Again, you're playing a game that is almost six when the latest 5th gen games came out in the US a few months ago. You're behind the times.

You yourself pointed it out in your own post. "Everyone else" has these games. If you want multiplayer to be something to use, you need to have the games other people have. Or at least games compatible. And 4th gen games can't battle/trade on Wi-Fi with 5th gen games.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 8th December 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by ilimitz3 View Post
    Does someone knows how late m15 will air on cartoon network?
    And is there a live stream?
    Well, check your TV listings or Cartoon Network for all relevant information.

As for Streams.. Check with Cartoon Network.

I'm Sorry, but a very similar of question has resulted in people getting an "instant" ban, so I will shut it.

The Anime Section should have a thread for the 15th Pokémon Movie.

Shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChii View Post
    K so I've been playing Pokemon games since like age 9 and lately I got to playing Emerald again, I've already gone through it and blabla but I pretty much just learned about EV/IV points or whatever. I need to know how to view my Pokemons EV points. I've already looked at the manual method you guys usually go through and I can't do that because I started reading up on this when it was too late.
    Is there a code I can use, I am playing it on the Nogba gba emulator, that can allow me to view my Pokemons ev without hacking the game?
    Please read the Main forum rules. Thread shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I know it's old, just until I get the newer games, Pearl was there in my old shelf.

As a Moderator of the many of the game sections, I can say for certain that the old games so slow down on the amount of people playing it. We had to Merge our 1st and 2nd Gen game sections a while back.

At the Peak of Diamond and Pearls "popularity" we had more people Posting in the DP section than the forums could cope with, numbers have gone down hill from there. Pearl spend 4 of the last 6 years being at least compatible "current" game. At least you can use it to get one otherwise impossible to get Pokémon, and get about 4 hard to get ones also.

I've not Touched DPPt this month.. despite I'm being the mod of that section.

Shutting we can't really allow this type of thread in GPD.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Default Should I get HeartGold or Black version?

So basically a few weeks ago I started up my old Pokemon Pearl cartridge and created a new game (I was a cheating noob when I first played the game :P ). I grew up owning a Silver and Gold walkthrough guide, containing the entire Pokedex of all the Gen I and II Pokemon, and also since I watched the show on Cartoon Network, I really hold those Pokemon dearly in my heart, and they still have deep-rooted nostalgia for me.

I have played Sapphire as well many years ago. I'm about half way done with the storyline in Pearl, and since Christmas is coming up, I want to treat myself to a new Pokemon game. My brother recently was introduced to the magic of Pokemon with SoulSilver, and while it looks really great and something I could get into even more than Pearl, I really want to get to Gen V so that I can start "catching up with the times", and eventually move onto BW2.

So, seeing as I never played the original Silver/Gold, and even though I'd really love to go through Johto and Kanto for the first time ever, I really want to play a Gen V game for the new Pokemon and eventually most of the Pokemon from previous Generations. So yeah, any advice would be great!

Neither of those, pick SoulSilver.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Why not both? First buy hg/ss and when you have money again black
    Both are very good games!
    EDIT: Ninja'd!

Le'me share these words with you, as a SoulSilver addict- I would choose HG/SS with no hesitate! The new gen's pokes looks s*ck in my opinion. Furthermore, in HGSS you have the longest plot ever made in these type of poke games, with new features of all the generations which have been added since Gold and Silver until the outlay of HGSS, plus, there are very convenient areas for EV training in these games for nearly all each stat if that interests you.

Do not do the same mistake as I have- I bought B when I went to a trip in London more than a year ago and I hardly use it since I'm so in love with my SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Neither of those, pick SoulSilver.
    I actually picked out SoulSilver for my brother because of the better exclusive Pokemon, but other than that, are there any other differences between the two, or are you just kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    I actually picked out SoulSilver for my brother because of the better exclusive Pokemon, but other than that, are there any other differences between the two, or are you just kidding?
    Not really. It's just that I'm more of a Lugia/Groudon person than a Ho-oh/Kyogre person.

I don't recall any real difference between the two versions apart from exclusive Pokémon and whether you can catch Ho-oh or Lugia before the League.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Ah, I know what you mean. For whatever reason I got Sapphire as a kid instead of Ruby. I guess Target was out of them! LOL

Default what would you like a next pokemon game to be

I cant find a forum about this so here goes. I would like la pokemon game where you start of in orange islands i know it was just a spin off but it would be something different then afterwards you could get a plane to unova.

You start of on whichever island the starter you would get would be either one of the kanto starters Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle obvi rival gets type advantage but you get to choose your rivals gender too. This would be to tie in Charizards return to the anime. Basically the region would have pokemon from gen 1 to gen 4, you wouldnt be able to get gen 5s till you get to unova.

There could be secret tower in the region to and whichever wing you took either Lugia or Ho - oh would appear at the top of the tower and moltress zapdos and articuno would have there own islands.

I hope alot of you like this idea.
    yellow team

crystal team

fire red team

emerald team

platinum team

soul silver team

white team

arcanine emboar haxorus braviary caracosta sawsbuck

HeartGold for me. The nostalgia feels quite nice, and especially because you can get the GB Sounds later in the game. There are a ton of things to do. BW didn't have much to do post game in my opinion.

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

Buy Black, Then Black 2, And finally heartgold or whatever pokemon game you may want.. Heartgold and Soulsilver suck anyways. Very few pokemon, The old nostalgic music was remixed, Training is terrible, Everything just blows about the games...

HGSS, IMO, doesn't hold up as well in their remade versions, especially compared to BW/2. I'll just quote myself here for my own opinion, because I'm lazy:

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    HGSS is vastly overrated, IMO. Looking back, I probably spent half the time I have clocked on it doing Pokethlon. The Pokemon selection is sub-par unless you're a Genwunner, the leveling is screwed up beyond belief, and Kanto can be beaten in two days. Expect to spend half your time grinding and half your time one-shotting things, because there is no sense of pacing whatsoever. For all the hate BW gets about its post-game, HGSS practically mandates grinding your Pokemon up 20 levels -after- beating Kanto before you can really do anything worthwhile.

BW is not my favorite, but it's definitely one of the better games in the series, especially compared to HGSS. I'd avoid HGSS like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Page 2286 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 12862186223622762282228322842285228622872288228922902296 ... LastLast