Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things in the Games You Want to Try

So far I want to try the simple stuff and see how I do with that(like discharge and volt asorb,surf and water absorb,Lava plume and flash fire,Etc.)
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I wonder how Acrobatics work with Technician. While holding an item, Acrobatics is at base 55, therefore Technician boost applies. But when held item is gone, Acrobatics become power 110. But does it still take Technician boost since its base power value is still 55? So the question would be... where does the x2 boost for Acrobatics come in? Before the x1.5 boost of Technician, or after?

If Acrobatics doesn't take Technician boost after its power up, then does this mean that Eruption and Water Spout don't take Technician boost when the power falls below 60?
    135: "You play wifi random matchups?"
    Me: "Occasionally."
    135: "Why?"
    Me: "Being undefeated is fun."
    135: "That's nice, but how many were against those who actually knew what they were doing?"
    Me: "More than you'd think. I face one noob player per every two pros. But the point is, I'm undefeated against other RNGers."
    135: "Perhaps. But the real fun comes from facing other pros in full scale 6 v 6 with no restrictions. That's where everything goes."

Moral of story: Random matchups can be fun and interesting, but a full scale 6 vs. 6 can be an epic clash where both sides bring everything they have into the field, including gimmicks, dedicated counters, and emergency responses.

Quash+Quick claw? What if quick claw activates only to get tricked for lagging tail the same turn?

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DX Installation 05 View Post
    But when held item is gone, Acrobatics become power 110. But does it still take Technician boost since its base power value is still 55? So the question would be... where does the x2 boost for Acrobatics come in? Before the x1.5 boost of Technician, or after?
    Because item-less Acrobatics has an effective base power of 110, Technician will not activate. It will activate, however, if Acrobatics is used while holding an item, as its base power will be 55.

If Acrobatics doesn't take Technician boost after its power up, then does this mean that Eruption and Water Spout don't take Technician boost when the power falls below 60?
    Moves of variable power are only affected by Technician if their base power is 60 or below. Eruption and Water Spout will be boosted if their power falls to that threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    Quash+Quick claw?
    It depends on the move being used with Quick Claw. Because Quick Claw moves the user to the top of its priority bracket, moves with a priority of 0 or higher will be performed before Quash. Moves with a priority of -1 or less, however, would be Quashed.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    What if quick claw activates only to get tricked for lagging tail the same turn?
    The Quick Claw holder acts, and then has its item Tricked away. The former Quick Claw holder now holds a Lagging Tail, and the former Lagging Tail holder now holds a Quick Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

I wish I tried to catch White Kyuurem in my W2 game, which I didn't XD All I did was SR for fun and fought it with my Axew 3 times and Axew was the bomb... though wish I did try to catch it XD nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    I wish I tried to catch White Kyuurem in my W2 game, which I didn't XD All I did was SR for fun and fought it with my Axew 3 times and Axew was the bomb... though wish I did try to catch it XD nya~
    I tried to use a Pokeball when I was fighting Black Kyurem thinking Ghetsis was a liar, but a message popped up saying I can't catch it.

^Um... Yeah.

Anyways, Erm, I don't know if this counts, but what would physically happen to a Gorebyss using Shell Smash? I mean.. Its only shells are in the form of a bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyro13 View Post
    ^Um... Yeah.

Anyways, Erm, I don't know if this counts, but what would physically happen to a Gorebyss using Shell Smash? I mean.. Its only shells are in the form of a bikini.
    I'm going to ignore that gibberish. Given how it has links to a site, I have to assume it's some kind of spam. Or something. I don't know.

For that Gorebyss... The point of this thread is to discuss things in the game and how various mechanics may overlap, not how something would work in-universe. I'm sure there's a different thread for that. Game wise, if a Gorebyss used Shell Smash, its Def and Sp. Def would fall by 1 stage and Atk, Sp. Atk, and Spd will rise by 2.

The purpose of this thread is to ask and receive answers to questions like...
    "What happens if something with Simple used Curse? Does the game say "Speed harshly fell" to apply the x2 of Simple? Does it replay the same message? Or does it say the same message but means double? If the first is true, then what about for Amnesia? The game uses "X rose" for +1, "X sharply rose" for +2, and "X drastically rose" for +3, but there is nothing for +4." etc.
    135: "That's nice, but how many were against those who actually knew what they were doing?"
    Me: "More than you'd think. I face one noob player per every two pros. But the point is, I'm undefeated against other RNGers."
    135: "Perhaps. But the real fun comes from facing other pros in full scale 6 v 6 with no restrictions. That's where everything goes."

Moral of story: Random matchups can be fun and interesting, but a full scale 6 vs. 6 can be an epic clash where both sides bring everything they have into the field, including gimmicks, dedicated counters, and emergency responses.

What would happen if Jolteon uses Thunder on a Pokemon who Mirror Coats it back, would Volt Absorb activate?

If you use Torment on Unown or some other pokemon wit 1 move.. Does it use struggle? or does Torment fail=?

"With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all, That is your fate!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    If you use Torment on Unown or some other pokemon wit 1 move.. Does it use struggle? or does Torment fail=?
    I think it uses Struggle instead, considering all the other examples that have been mentioned on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    What would happen if Jolteon uses Thunder on a Pokemon who Mirror Coats it back, would Volt Absorb activate?
    Mirror Coat is a Psychic type move, so Jolteon would still get damaged. Similarly, Counter is a Fighting type move, so if Jolteon was to use... say, Thunder Fang, it would still get damaged by the Counter. This also means that Ghost/Dark types are completely immune to Wobuffet because neither Counter nor Mirror Coat has any effect on them.

I guess Wobbuffet fears Spiritomb and Sableye?

"What happens if something with Simple used Curse? Does the game say "Speed harshly fell" to apply the x2 of Simple? Does it replay the same message? Or does it say the same message but means double?
    The stat falls by two stages, so the message "[Pokémon]'s Speed harshly fell!" would be displayed.

This does not apply in Generation 4, however; because in Generation 4, Simple only affected the effect of the stat change, not the stat change itself, the message displayed would be "[Pokémon]'s Speed fell!"

If the first is true, then what about for Amnesia? The game uses "X rose" for +1, "X sharply rose" for +2, and "X drastically rose" for +3, but there is nothing for +4." etc.
    If a Pokemon's stat rises by more than 3 stages at once, the message "[Pokémon]'s [stat] rose drastically!" would still be displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Mirror Coat only inflicts damage. Because the other Pokemon is not using an Electric-type move, Volt Absorb does not activate.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    A Pokemon without usable moves will use Struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Actually I want to try this now

(Synconize (ally),toxic,Guts,and facade)
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I definitely wanna test this complete gimmick but with a Durant instead.

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/1...SqvnJGYaA2.png

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I definitely wanna test this complete gimmick but with a Durant instead.

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/1...SqvnJGYaA2.png
    Interesting... Though personally, I'd rather save the Mimic Move Tutor in Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen for BETTER and permanent uses. Like my signature says I'm a glitcher. Mimic Move Tutor is CRUCIAL to me. If I had a Shedinja with Mimic in BW/BW2, I'd throw it out. But if I had the same Shedinja in Generation IV, it'll quickly end up with Endeavor + Speed Priority.

I'm not even sure if Entrainment works for Wonder Guard. Entrainment fails with Truant (I think), and Wonder Guard isn't affected by Skill Swap (but can be Traced). And because Magnet Rise isn't permanent, the Elektross isn't invincible. Not to mention Mold Breaker screws it over instantly. Then again, there is no such thing as an invincible Pokemon. And doing this leaves your entire team vulnerable to enemy attacks for a couple of turns.

Edit: Entrainment fails ON Truant, not WITH. So you can't use Entrainment against a Slaking.

And I think a Spritomb would be a better option for receiving the Wonder Guard + Entrainment. Or a Porygon-Z with Conversion.
    Last edited by DX 2401PT; 5th December 2012 at 11:00 PM.

What happens if you Torment/Disable Struggle?
    Current Hunt

2,340 SRs/4,680 birds seen - PAUSED

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Hum... Wonder Guard cannot be affected by Moves that affect Abilities. Same goes to Yruant, unless you use Skill Swap.

Also, there was a glitch in DP that allowed you to get a ??? Arcues. But since Arcues wasn't released then, and thise copies were sent back, it's impossible to get one now unless you hack. So that case is solved too.

In PMD, I would like to try out havng a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard, Magic Guard, and Magic Bounce at the same time. I ink the only way for it to get damaged then is by having Mold Breaker and the such, or using Gastro Acid.

It's impossible, but most things in here are impossible anyways.

I believe you can use an Entrainment Durant with Traunt to incapacitate opponents and allow for insane setups on the Battle Subway. By using protect every time they can attack and a Stat boosting move when they loaf around, flawless setups are relatively easy. There some counters and risks so watch out (eg: Explosion), but check the Battle Subway Leaderboards on Smogon, the top guy has 1001 with a Durant team.
    5th gen DW Females for trade: If you would like one, message me and we can sort something out.

3DS Friend Code: 0060-9650-3356, looking for Dragon friend safaris especially hidden ability Dratinis/Dragonairs, PM me if you have one please.
    Black Friend Code: 1248 8541 3806
    Time Zone GMT

A thought occurs... and this MAY become important as DW Dittos become more frequent.
    What happens if two Pokemon with Imposter face off at once? So if a battle starts and both sides' first Pokemon is DW Ditto.
    Do both Ditto instantly transform into each other, thereby maintaining their Imposter Ability, or does the Ability fail to trigger?

This leads to more questions. WHEN does the Ability Imposter trigger? Does it only trigger at the start of a battle, or does it constantly trigger? If it constantly triggers, then is DW Ditto vs DW Ditto battle stuck in an infinite loop? Or if the Ability fails to trigger against other Imposter users, then does the Ability trigger once the opponent switches out?

A thought occurs... and this MAY become important as DW Dittos become more frequent.
    What happens if two Pokemon with Imposter face off at once? So if a battle starts and both sides' first Pokemon is DW Ditto.
    Do both Ditto instantly transform into each other, thereby maintaining their Imposter Ability, or does the Ability fail to trigger?

This leads to more questions. WHEN does the Ability Imposter trigger? Does it only trigger at the start of a battle, or does it constantly trigger? If it constantly triggers, then is DW Ditto vs DW Ditto battle stuck in an infinite loop? Or if the Ability fails to trigger against other Imposter users, then does the Ability trigger once the opponent switches out?
    A pokemon that can't transform into one that is already transformed.

Imposter activates the instant the ditto steps into battle, but since it copies the foes ability, it'll have to swap out to transform again.

When two abilities activate, the one with the higher priority goes first. So, if my Kyogre was faster then Groudon, drizzle would activate, and then Groudon's drought would appear and replace the weather with sunlight. I'm 99.9% sure this is the same with imposter. If the pokemon have the same speed stat, it's a 50% chance.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    A pokemon that can't transform into one that is already transformed.

Imposter activates the instant the ditto steps into battle, but since it copies the foes ability, it'll have to swap out to transform again.
    What I'm talking about is what happens if two DW Dittos face off. Yes, upon Transforming, the Ability changes to the target. But if the target ALSO has Imposter, the Ability changes from Imposter to... Imposter. This means, the Ditto will STILL have Imposter whether or not the Ability triggered. So does that Ditto, that maintains its Imposter Ability in the middle the battle, automatically Transform if the opponent DW Ditto switches out?

What I'm talking about is what happens if two DW Dittos face off. Yes, upon Transforming, the Ability changes to the target. But if the target ALSO has Imposter, the Ability changes from Imposter to... Imposter. This means, the Ditto will STILL have Imposter whether or not the Ability triggered. So does that Ditto, that maintains its Imposter Ability in the middle the battle, automatically Transform if the opponent DW Ditto switches out?
    This is triply, someone should try this to see what happens (maybe a glitch?)

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Okay then... when I can, I'll RNG myself a second DW Ability Ditto and see what happens if two of them face off at the same time. In the meantime, I hope someone can answer another question.

Does the Rivalry ability trigger against Illusion? Let's say a male Rivalry Haxorus is facing a female Zoroark. The Zoroark's Illusion Ability makes it appear as... say, a male... Pidgey. Does Haxorus's Rivalry trigger the +25% Atk because its opponent appears to be the same gender, or does it trigger the -25% Atk because its opponent is actually of the opposite gender?

I can't test this since I don't have anything with Rivalry. It's not... the best Ability out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast