Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things in the Games You Want to Try

I wonder if equipping a Focus Sash on a Pokemon with Sturdy would make a difference.

Playing as the villians.

Also, once you become champion, it would be nice if you would stay the champion for a while and defeat various challengers to your 'throne'. Rather than the current system of the old champion taking over as soon as you leave the champion/elite four area.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPokeLover View Post
    I wonder if equipping a Focus Sash on a Pokemon with Sturdy would make a difference.
    Probably no difference, but I do wonder which is triggered first. If a level 100 Mew blasted a level 1 Aron (that has Ability Sturdy and item Focus Sash) with Aura Sphere, does A) Ability Sturdy triggers and Aron survives (thereby keeping Focus Sash), or B) item Focus Sash triggers and Aron survives?
    A recent RNG binge has left quite a few shiny IV 31 all (or practically 31 all) Legendary Pokemon left over, among others.
    I will gladly sell them to those who desire for interesting offers. Since I can RNG, a random shiny is as interesting to me as an ant is to a math professor.
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: , x2
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:
    Shiny, Jolly, IVs: 31, 31, 31, 24, 31, 31: , , , ,
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: x2
    Timid, IVs: 31, 4?, 31, 31, 26, 31: x6, x5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguartail View Post
    Playing as the villians.

Also, once you become champion, it would be nice if you would stay the champion for a while and defeat various challengers to your 'throne'. Rather than the current system of the old champion taking over as soon as you leave the champion/elite four area.
    I don't know about the champion idea, It's hard to see how it would work.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Being able to customize my player's 'look' or they're clothes (and not just for super contests!! but actual in-game play XD) would be pretty epic XD
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

surf on the actual sprite of the pokemon you're using and fly too
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxhydre View Post
    Being able to customize my player's 'look' or they're clothes (and not just for super contests!! but actual in-game play XD) would be pretty epic XD
    Oh my gosh this is an amazing idea! Would totally make my character have a jacket similar to cynthia's, except white and blue instead of black. ^_^.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Definitely wouldn't mind actually surfing on the pokemon I used surf with rather than the odd shaped creature that pops up instead...
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

I wonder what would happen if you went to Icirrus City in the winter, climbed up the snowslide near Dragonspiral Tower, save,wait till spring, then turn on the game again. Would the trainer be trapped unless they have a flying Pokemon? Would there be a ledge you can jump off of?

I'd like to play as an adult character.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    I don't know about the champion idea, It's hard to see how it would work.
    Just do Alder style. You know how he was so-travel everywhere except when you challenge him.

Pokemon White 2 Team:

SINNOOOHHHH
    PM me if you'd like a Gen VI battle.

I wonder what would happen if you went to Icirrus City in the winter, climbed up the snowslide near Dragonspiral Tower, save,wait till spring, then turn on the game again. Would the trainer be trapped unless they have a flying Pokemon? Would there be a ledge you can jump off of?
    Season wouldn't change until you enter a building so it would stay Winter and you would not be trapped

I've thought of many ways of trapping myself in the games too (so that I may avoid doing such a thing by accident). The game developers seems to have thought that through quite well. IR Trade doesn't allow you to trade away Party Pokemon if they know an HM Move. Prevents the player from getting trapped on a... say, Waterfall-only island.

But I think I remember a building in Iccirus that was only accessible during a certain season. It MIGHT be possible for you to get trapped there. There is still an escape solution though. Namely... change the date on your DS.
    A recent RNG binge has left quite a few shiny IV 31 all (or practically 31 all) Legendary Pokemon left over, among others.
    I will gladly sell them to those who desire for interesting offers. Since I can RNG, a random shiny is as interesting to me as an ant is to a math professor.
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:

Not sure if this is the same deal as the the seasons, but back in R/S/E the Daycare Man would take two steps forward to indicate he had an egg for you. If I remember correctly, saving with him in sight then restarting your device would result in him having moved forward when you came back, if he had an egg before you restarted and you just hadn't given him the opportunity to show it. Theoretically, you could use this to get back behind the fence of the Daycare if you saved right in front of him and had this happen.
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel562 View Post
    Not sure if this is the same deal as the the seasons, but back in R/S/E the Daycare Man would take two steps forward to indicate he had an egg for you. If I remember correctly, saving with him in sight then restarting your device would result in him having moved forward when you came back, if he had an egg before you restarted and you just hadn't given him the opportunity to show it. Theoretically, you could use this to get back behind the fence of the Daycare if you saved right in front of him and had this happen.
    Something tells me that you'll need to enter/exit a building or exit/re-enter a route for the Daycare Man to take his two steps. But it is worth a test. I still have my Ruby/Sapphire, despite them being empty shells, so I'll test that out when I have time.

Did anyone notice that the Daycare Man gets lazier every Generation?
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:

I wonder what would happen if you used transform in a contest.

I wonder what would happen if you used transform in a contest.
    According to Bulbapedia, it "can be used repeatedly without boring the judge", but that's it.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by DX Installation 05 View Post
    Did anyone notice that the Daycare Man gets lazier every Generation?
    Yeah, I did, are you willing to trade a Salamence?
    I am having No luck finding a Bagon in the Hidden Grotto outside of Pinwheel Forest. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    According to Bulbapedia, it "can be used repeatedly without boring the judge", but that's it.
    With no target to transform into, I wonder how the animation goes.

Sometimes I actually wanted to go through Dark Cave 10 times in one day since I am brave.

With no target to transform into, I wonder how the animation goes.
    Probably the same animation as if you've used Transform against another Ditto.
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:

Definitely a gym leader-esque team of single type.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    This is triply, someone should try this to see what happens (maybe a glitch?)
    Alright. Tested. Imposter Ditto vs. Imposter Ditto. Results: more or less nothing.

Details:

Battle starts, my White2 vs. White.

White sends out Ditto. White2 (not the name, but for the sake of differentiation) sends out Ditto. White-Ditto's Imposter triggers. White-Ditto Transformed into White2-Ditto. White2-Ditto's Imposter did NOT trigger.

White2 swapped out Ditto for Espeon. White-Ditto's Imposter did NOT trigger. White-Ditto used Transform, but failed (in Transformed state, therefore unable to re-Transform to prevent infinite loop).

White2 swapped out Espeon for Ditto. White2-Ditto's Imposter did NOT trigger. White-Ditto used Transform, but failed.

White swapped out Ditto for Umbreon. White2-Ditto's Imposter did NOT trigger.

Conclusion: It seems that Imposter ONLY triggers upon the Ditto's entry. If the Ditto maintains its Ability after entry, then it will not trigger again, even if the opponent switches out for a non-DW Ability Ditto.
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123