Thread: Star Fighters! [Mono #13]

Hybrid View

Default Star Fighters! [Mono #13]

Yep, time for the Fighting Mono!

I won't change the pokemon anymore, but the movesets and EVs etc. are still up to question.
    AND THIS IS INGAME.
    Changes in bold

Only rule left:
    No HiddenP. And only stat boosting moves that raise 3 at least three stages(like shell smash, quiver dance, coil, cotton guard), please.

So, enjoy:

Breloom @ King's Rock
    Go go Technician!
    adamant
    • 252atk, 252 spe
    - Mach Punch, lol
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Bullet seeed

as sleep kinda guarantees one turm of sleeping, I guess I can safely run focus punch.
    (which will probably oneshot everything.)

Mienshao @Life Orb
    Regenerator kills LO recoil.
    • adamant
    • 252atk, 252 spe
    - HJK
    - U-Turn
    - Rock Slide
    - Me First!

Quite standard strategy....
    EXCEPT FOR ME FIRST!!
    yes, I used this move for the first time in my long pokemon history in my B2Ingame team, on lucario.
    and fell in love with it.
    really, this is such a funny move, and you'll laugh when you OHKO half of Iris' team with a pseudo-STAB'd Outrage.
    And if you me-first a fighting move, things get brutal. A me-first'ed hammer arm has 225 base power, a focus blast insane 270. YAY!
    oh, and mienshao also has acceptable-to-quite-good satk, so it's no big deal if you copy a special move.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
    Justified
    • modest
    • 252satk, 252 spe
    - Secret Sword
    - Surf
    - Hydro Pump
    - Icy Wind

Yeah, maybe the only set it can run without CM.
    and this poké is also the reason I'll play this team in W1, cause his resolute form just looks so silly xD

Conkeldeurp @ Leftovers
    Iron Fist
    • Brave
    • 252atk, 252HP
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Payback
    - hammer Arm/ Ice punch

NO THREE STABS ON A POKEMON!
    Yeah, I know I'm probably crazy, but it seems kinda fitting to me to have those three moves, cause every move has a different purpose.
    DP is obviously for good damage and nice healing. But I think it's maybe too 'weak'... compared to hammer arm's huge base 120 power and no notable drawback...
    concluded: bla.
    Mach punch is even more obviously for priority and 72 base power after STAB and Iron Fist.
    not to forget that it already has perfect coverage in dark/fighting.
    Ice punch is the other option, for nice SE coverage and 90 base power.

Lucario @ wiseglasses...?
    Inner Focus caus eit's fun to mash those Fake out liepards
    • <nothing -atk, -spe or -satk>
    • 252satk, 252 spe
    - Aura sphere
    - Flash cannonDragon pulse
    - Dark pulse
    - ESpeed Vacuum wave

yeehh... not much to say?
    vacuum wave is another option for the priority, but.. espeed is a tad stronger... and priority-er...
    Dragon pulse for mashing dragons and vacuum wave now cause it has SE coverage.

Scrafty @ expert belt
    Moxie is imo its best ability for a 'sweeping' set
    • adamant
    • 252atk, 252 HP
    - HJK
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch

perfect STAB coverage, cool design, good STABs, what do you want more?

Suggestions? Hints? Critique? Other things? 'This team is so cool!'s?

Last edited by Sceptilo; 9th December 2012 at 7:45 PM.
    Did you know that...
    ... Arceus is only 4 times as strong as sunkern, seen from stats?
    .... that an internationally traded pokémon in the erratic exp.-group with a lucky egg and Exp. point power MAX that defeats a lv 100 blissey gets from lv 1 to lv 87?
    ... more than 3/4 of the DW pokemon found are male?!
    ... that you only need one (max-size) ice cream scoop to get to the minimal goal in the DW minigame?
    ... that Pelipper can't shoot in its DW minigame?? awww :<

Having both Seed Bomb and Bullet Seed is redundant, replace Seed Bomb for Rock Slide / Stone Edge

Me First ks gimmicky at best. Keep it if you must, otherwise Fake Out is the way to go

Keldo has some pretty terrible coverage so really CM is the way to go. Otherwise, your set is the only real option. I'd run CM > Hydro Pump in all honesty, but suit yourself

Drain Punch is plenty as it also gets Iron Fist boosted iirc and that ridiculous base 140 atk makes it a wrecking ball regardless. Honestly, Bulk Up is amazing on this thing. Use it if you feel like it, otherwise stick to Ice / Thunderpunch

Shadow Ball > Dark Pulse for complete neutral coverage and Dragon Pulse > Flash Cannon because it lets it hit something else for SE damage. Vacuum Wave is better on a fully Special Lucario. It has the chance to actually hit something for SE damage and I'd imagine your marginally superior SpA due to full EV investment (and possibly a +SpA nature) will balance Vacuum Wave's low Power. Besides, you're only really going to be using Vacuum Wave to pick off weakened foes, so you may as well go for the one with more PP/Usability. Nothing notable ingame runs Extremespeed, so you don't need to worry about being out-prioritized

You may want to consider Rock Slide > Ice Punch on Scrafty. Either works fine, tho. You could alternatively remove one of it's STAB Fighting moves and run both.*

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptilo View Post

Yep, time for the Fighting Mono!

I won't change the pokemon anymore, but the movesets and EVs etc. are still up to question.
    AND THIS IS INGAME.
    Changes in bold

Only rule left:
    No HiddenP. And only stat boosting moves that raise 3 at least three stages(like shell smash, quiver dance, coil, cotton guard), please.

So, enjoy:

Breloom @ King's Rock
    Go go Technician!
    adamant
    • 252atk, 252 spe
    - Seeed Bomb
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Stone Edge

as sleep kinda guarantees one turm of sleeping, I guess I can safely run focus punch.
    (which will probably oneshot everything.)

Mienshao @Life Orb
    Regenerator kills LO recoil.
    • adamant
    • 252atk, 252 spe
    - HJK
    - U-Turn
    - Rock Slide
    - Fake Out

Fake Out is a good gauge for how much damage HJK will do. It also gives you a free turn.

Quite standard strategy....
    EXCEPT FOR ME FIRST!!
    yes, I used this move for the first time in my long pokemon history in my B2Ingame team, on lucario.
    and fell in love with it.
    really, this is such a funny move, and you'll laugh when you OHKO half of Iris' team with a pseudo-STAB'd Outrage.
    And if you me-first a fighting move, things get brutal. A me-first'ed hammer arm has 225 base power, a focus blast insane 270. YAY!
    oh, and mienshao also has acceptable-to-quite-good satk, so it's no big deal if you copy a special move.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
    Justified
    • modest
    • 252satk, 252 spe
    - Secret Sword
    - Surf
    - Hydro Pump
    - Icy Wind

Yeah, maybe the only set it can run without CM.
    and this poké is also the reason I'll play this team in W1, cause his resolute form just looks so silly xD

Conkeldeurp @ Leftovers
    Iron Fist
    • Brave
    • 252atk, 252HP
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Payback
    - Ice punch

NO THREE STABS ON A POKEMON!
    Yeah, I know I'm probably crazy, but it seems kinda fitting to me to have those three moves, cause every move has a different purpose.
    DP is obviously for good damage and nice healing. But I think it's maybe too 'weak'... compared to hammer arm's huge base 120 power and no notable drawback...
    Mach punch is even more obviously for priority and 72 base power after STAB and Iron Fist.
    not to forget that it already has perfect coverage in dark/fighting.
    Ice punch is the other option, for nice SE coverage and 90 base power.

Ice Punch works. Drain Punch really helps with healing damage and still hurts a lot thanks to Iron Fist.

Lucario @ wiseglasses...?
    Inner Focus caus eit's fun to mash those Fake out liepards
    • <nothing -atk, -spe or -satk>
    • 252satk, 252 spe
    - Aura sphere
    - Work Up
    - Shadow Ball
    - ESpeed

Mixed is great in-game and work up helps with both. Shadow Ball is better than Dark Pulse as normal types are already hit by Aura Sphere.

yeehh... not much to say?
    vacuum wave is another option for the priority, but.. espeed is a tad stronger... and priority-er...

Scrafty @ expert belt
    Moxie is imo its best ability for a 'sweeping' set
    • adamant
    • 252atk, 252 HP
    - HJK
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch

perfect STAB coverage, cool design, good STABs, what do you want more?

Suggestions? Hints? Critique? Other things? 'This team is so cool!'s?

Sugestions in bold.
    Last edited by azeem40; 5th December 2012 at 11:37 PM.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Extremespeed is weaker than Vacuum Wave with your EV spread. You don't need it anyway, Lucario is fast enough to outspeed almost everything ingame, especially if you EV train. I'm assuming you do, since you've posted spreads for each poke.
    Remove Seed Bomb, with Technician even a 2-hit Bullet Seed will have similar power (75 vs 80 of Seed Bomb) and from 3 hits onwards it just gets better.
    Your main options are a Rock type move and Substitute. Anyway, I'd rather go with Low Sweep over Focus Punch for a more consistent move. To be quite honest, Focus Punch Breloom wants Substitute and Poison Heal plus Toxic Orb to really shine. Mach Punch is also a very solid option because it gets boosted by Technician.
    Mienshao wants Wide Lens or something similar. Ingame, I'd rather have a 99% accurate HJK than a 90% accurate one hitting harder. Rock Slide benefits from it as well. As for Me First, that's your choice. It's a pretty fun move if you know the AI and your opponent's moveset. You mentioned Lucario, Copycat is gimmicky but it CAN work very well. Fake Out to be honest is preferrable though, it helps KOing your opponent if it's neutral to HJK or your coverage, plus Fake Out + U-Turn is basically two free turns if you choose an appropriate counter.

Keldeo is fine, it hits like a truck especially with specs. You can probably run only Hydro Pump and Secret Sword, cause that's everything you'll ever use lol. Unless Hydro Pump is 4x resisted or absorbed, expect to OHKO anything that's not a dedicated wall

for Scrafty, go with Dragon Dance. It's easily the best set ingame (you can breed in BW1 before the elite 4, thank god), as one DD is usually enough to outspeed everything, and Moxie keeps increasing your attack as you KO stuff. Basically send it in against something weak to fight/dark or that can't touch you, DD once, KO, win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumiki View Post
    Having both Seed Bomb and Bullet Seed is redundant, replace Seed Bomb for Rock Slide / Stone Edge
    trololol, don't even know why I wrote seed bpmb there xD I never thought of going with seed bomb on breloom, I originally wanted mach punch in there

Me First ks gimmicky at best. Keep it if you must, otherwise Fake Out is the way to go
    I guess I must.

Keldo has some pretty terrible coverage so really CM is the way to go. Otherwise, your set is the only real option. I'd run CM > Hydro Pump in all honesty, but suit yourself
    I dislike using boosters in this already-easy game, to make it even easier. but thanks for the input.

Drain Punch is plenty as it also gets Iron Fist boosted iirc and that ridiculous base 140 atk makes it a wrecking ball regardless. Honestly, Bulk Up is amazing on this thing. Use it if you feel like it, otherwise stick to Ice / Thunderpunch
    'kay, then Ice Punch for UglyFaceMon

Shadow Ball > Dark Pulse for complete neutral coverage and Dragon Pulse > Flash Cannon because it lets it hit something else for SE damage. Vacuum Wave is better on a fully Special Lucario. It has the chance to actually hit something for SE damage and I'd imagine your marginally superior SpA due to full EV investment (and possibly a +SpA nature) will balance Vacuum Wave's low Power. Besides, you're only really going to be using Vacuum Wave to pick off weakened foes, so you may as well go for the one with more PP/Usability. Nothing notable ingame runs Extremespeed, so you don't need to worry about being out-prioritized
    Shadow ball: The difference is really small imo, and as lucario is fast, I prefer the flinch rate over a possible sdef drop.
    Dragon Pulse: heh, kinda forgot that steel's (poor) SE coverage is completely included in fighting's. so Dragon pulse>Flash cannon (tho it's one of my favourite moves o.O)
    vacuum wave: 'kay, just ran some calcs and the outcomes are nearly the same. then vacuum wave for better SE coverage

You may want to consider Rock Slide > Ice Punch on Scrafty. Either works fine, tho. You could alternatively remove one of it's STAB Fighting moves and run both.*
    as they both have good coverage along fighting, I kept Ice punch.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Sugestions in bold.
    everything included in the above, except for work up lucario, which I don't like that much.

Quote Originally Posted by edonub View Post
    Extremespeed is weaker than Vacuum Wave with your EV spread. You don't need it anyway, Lucario is fast enough to outspeed almost everything ingame, especially if you EV train. I'm assuming you do, since you've posted spreads for each poke.
    Remove Seed Bomb, with Technician even a 2-hit Bullet Seed will have similar power (75 vs 80 of Seed Bomb) and from 3 hits onwards it just gets better.
    Your main options are a Rock type move and Substitute. Anyway, I'd rather go with Low Sweep over Focus Punch for a more consistent move. To be quite honest, Focus Punch Breloom wants Substitute and Poison Heal plus Toxic Orb to really shine. Mach Punch is also a very solid option because it gets boosted by Technician.
    Mienshao wants Wide Lens or something similar. Ingame, I'd rather have a 99% accurate HJK than a 90% accurate one hitting harder. Rock Slide benefits from it as well. As for Me First, that's your choice. It's a pretty fun move if you know the AI and your opponent's moveset. You mentioned Lucario, Copycat is gimmicky but it CAN work very well. Fake Out to be honest is preferrable though, it helps KOing your opponent if it's neutral to HJK or your coverage, plus Fake Out + U-Turn is basically two free turns if you choose an appropriate counter.
    Espeed and seed bomb are changed now;
    and I'm not that sure about focus punch. it has insane power (and quite reliable with spore), while bullet seed always has the chance of 'only' 75 base power... and if I'm not gonna use focusP,
    then low sweep or force palm?

Keldeo is fine, it hits like a truck especially with specs. You can probably run only Hydro Pump and Secret Sword, cause that's everything you'll ever use lol. Unless Hydro Pump is 4x resisted or absorbed, expect to OHKO anything that's not a dedicated wall
    haha, maybe I'll do that x)

for Scrafty, go with Dragon Dance. It's easily the best set ingame (you can breed in BW1 before the elite 4, thank god), as one DD is usually enough to outspeed everything, and Moxie keeps increasing your attack as you KO stuff. Basically send it in against something weak to fight/dark or that can't touch you, DD once, KO, win.
    nah, not gonna use DD now (but I also used one in the battle sub which was funny)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    Did you know that...
    ... Arceus is only 4 times as strong as sunkern, seen from stats?
    .... that an internationally traded pokémon in the erratic exp.-group with a lucky egg and Exp. point power MAX that defeats a lv 100 blissey gets from lv 1 to lv 87?
    ... more than 3/4 of the DW pokemon found are male?!
    ... that you only need one (max-size) ice cream scoop to get to the minimal goal in the DW minigame?
    ... that Pelipper can't shoot in its DW minigame?? awww :<

Brellom could due with a Poison Heal set , since it still functions well.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    • Poison Heal
    • Adamant
    • 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Seed Bomb

Might be outclassed by Techinician , but it hits harder. Basically , you should catch the drift. Spore + Swords Dance = reliable setup followed by Dual STABs.

Dark + Fight is resisted by Toxicroak.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight