Thread: fun OU RMT

Default fun OU RMT

This is a team I made for OU that I've been trying out on Pokemon Showdown. I had a lot of fun with it so check it out!

Lead
    Ambipom @ Silk Scarf
    Technician
    Jolly 252atk 252spe 6hp
    Fake Out
    Protect
    Thunder Wave
    Last Resort

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Adamant 252atk 252spe 6hp
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    ExtremeSpeed
    Ice Punch

Gengar @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    Timid 252spa 252spe 6hp
    Substitute
    Disable
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Bold 252hp 252def 6spa
    Scald
    Psychic
    Slack Off
    Toxic

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Sassy 252hp 252spd 6def
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Volt Switch

Dugtrio @Choice Band
    Arena Trap
    Jolly 252atk 224spe 32def
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Sucker Punch
    Shadow Claw
    GO REDSOX!!!!GO PATRIOTS!!!!GO CELITICS!!!!

Bros wit black-belt blaziken!!!

I think you should take out Toxic Spikes on Forretress and replace it with Stealth Rock, as there are many Steel types that aren't affected by it as well as many poison types to get rid of it.

Ambipom does not do well in the OU environment due to its attacks being so weak. I think you should use Mienshao over it, as Mienshao retains more longevity due to Regenerator, has Fake Out, and better power. Also, a lead Ambipom in 5th gen OU isn't viable due to the lack of a lead metagame because of team preview.

While your team looks decent at first glance, any strong attacker can wipe it out in one go. You need a good defensive pokemon on your side. Slowbro is your best wall, but it is taken care of by sun and rain teams.

In the end, I think Mienshao should replace Ambipom, and I will give more information next time.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Try U-turn > Protect on Ambipom. You can use Fake Out and then U-turn out for a bunch of free damage while Ambipom is untouched.

Also while I'm glad you had fun you really need to add descriptions about why you picked each Pokemon and what they do. Otherwise some random mod will close this

It would be really helpful if you put descriptions on all of your Pokemon. You put thought into selecting them, and it is very difficult to give a good rate without knowing what the purpose of each Pokemon is. If you don't know why you chose each Pokemon, then why make the thread?

Ampibom is absolutely inviable in OU (it really is in UU too...) and should never be used. I like the ThunderWave on him, but Rotom-W or Celebi does that better. Fake Out just gives Terrakion or Scizor a free switch in. You have no Stealth Rock, which is 100% mandatory for every team and should replace Spikes or TSpikes on Forretress.

What does Dugtrio trap? It can't stop a single Lucario or Gengar check (Jellicent and Slowbro and Scizor laugh in its face). There is also no point in trapping opposing weather inducers when you don't have your own weather. You should really keep TSpikes on Foretress for this reason. Get rid of Dugtrio for a Tyranitar to help you control the weather and act as a mixed attacker -- It can also set SR if you want different hazards on Forry-- and Ampombipom for a Landorus or Terrakion or Keldeo or Stoutland or Scizor or Mamoswine or Rotom-W or Celebi (pretty much anything is better).

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits: