Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lost at the League! (766)

I still don't like having an episode unrelated to the Unova League in the middle of it, but whatever. At least is was funny. Bianca's reaction to Axew getting swept up by the crowd was great.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I chalk this down as pseudo filler on accounts that only the opening and closing scenes had any forms of relevance.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Good lord, I was seriously worried that Ash vs Kenyan was only his third fight and he'd end up in top 8 in the end, glad it was cleared out here that it's actually his fourth. Since he's most likely beating Kotetsu I can once again sleep well knowing my boy ain't regressing at least. And who know's, depending on the amount of further COTD battle skipping he could end up in top 2 or even winning. :]
    Fun episode definitely, that's all I can really say. Iris just cutting Cilan's detective time off like that was pretty amusing.
    I see that Virgil is facing Flora so it's most likely her Gothitelle that we see battling Umbreon. So Koharu's still open, it would be great Ash could face her. I at least wanna see her getting beaten by someone, preferably with Gothita or what ever form it's currently at. I wanna see dat reaction.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Good episode !
    I loved it ! And, oh, this IceCreamShipping was so great !
    Looking forward for the next episode !

I think this episode was great and it was not irrelevant to the League. It is episodes like these that make the League look real for me. But yes they shouldn't have sacrificed round 2 and 3 for this though. I loved the interactions and whoa I could see shipping fans throw a Bianca X Virgil over there. The writers gave the vibe at least.

One of the better written episodes, and deserves a good rating than some who think it should get 3 just because its a filler. People don't be silly. The episode deserves to exist. If anything you should blame on some other Kibago episode to eat up the second round, not this one.

Next episode seems interesting.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

This episode was so awesome.. I laughed so many times...

Virgil x Bianca anyone?

EDIT:

Eevee's I wanna eat dat ice cream scene was adorable... too. And Virgil's face... Priceless. and Bianca's face when she sees Axew geting ran over... PRICELESS!

10/10 for a filler, 8/10 for an episode.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 8th December 2012 at 5:06 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Okay after watching it again, I can say there were two enjoyable things about this episode..

- Virgil and Bianca interaction. These two watching the fireworks together was one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
    - Oshawott not learning its lesson and reaching in to take food again, then getting a slap round the back of the head from Pikachu. Kinda made me actually like Oshawott for a moment..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

*looks at episode pictures*

Was Garbodor using Explosion near the end of the episode? It's been a while since that's been used in the anime....

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Challenges:

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Virgil x Bianca anyone?

EDIT:

Eevee's I wanna eat dat ice cream scene was adorable... too.
    Not even a shipper but I got that vibe. And yeah, everything Eevee does is adorable.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    It wasn't a filler
    Pray tell, how was this episode not a filler? Is it because they showed twenty seconds worth of a battle? I'm not sure how less than 1% of the episode's length automatically makes the whole thing a non-filler. But if there's something else, then please enlighten us. You always give us grief when we say an episode is filler, but you never bother to explain why the episode isn't a filler. I'm waiting for the receipts.

Anyway, I don't understand why Axew was essentially kidnapped by those people; were they just fans of Axew or did they have another purpose? It just seems really random. And what's with all the people praising the way Oshawott was punished for causing trouble? Why aren't these same people complaining about Axew and how he got away with starting the drama in the first place?

If I was Iris I would have used dragonite over emolga. garbodor would not have stood a ghost of a chance.

I don't get the whole Virgil and Bianca thing coming out of no where like that. First it was Kenyan now this guy? Bianca is really something else.

My ideal battle ever!

Well you guys the subs are out now and I know that this episode doesn't break the flow of this League because the battle with Stephan and Ash happen tommorow. So this was an episode for them to take a breather

"Hey Dento can you shut up, I can't concentrate okay?" - Iris

"Yes *sulks in a little corner of woe*" - Dento

My poor baby. ;-;

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Iris was happy of getting axew back

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    "Hey Dento can you shut up, I can't concentrate okay?" - Iris

"Yes *sulks in a little corner of woe*" - Dento

My poor baby. ;-;
    This was hilarious. I pictured Cilan having the Okay. meme face at that point.

Ugh, i'm not against a break in the League, but this was too early. They should have at least held it until after Ash vs Stephan.

And again another thing that annoys me with the League, we know from the previous episode that first rounds are 2v2's. We only saw Scraggy for 10 seconds defeat a Darumaka.

Would it have REALLY hurt the writers to spend 3-5 minutes on a real 2v2 battle? Just to make Ash's Unova League experience feel a bit more longer? The filler itself was fun but it could have been cut down to make room for Ash's first round 2v2 battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Ugh, i'm not against a break in the League, but this was too early. They should have at least held it until after Ash vs Stephan.

And again another thing that annoys me with the League, we know from the previous episode that first rounds are 2v2's. We only saw Scraggy for 10 seconds defeat a Darumaka.

Would it have REALLY hurt the writers to spend 3-5 minutes on a real 2v2 battle? Just to make Ash's Unova League experience feel a bit more longer? The filler itself was fun but it could have been cut down to make room for Ash's first round 2v2 battle.
    Makes you wonder who the other 3 were that he used in the offscreen battles
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Axew Get Lost

Now, I’m going to start off by saying that I’m not that big of a fan of Oshawott. That being said, I still don’t like the way gets punished, while Axew basically got off scot-free, despite the fact that he started this to begin with.

This is basically just an episode of generic filler. I don’t mind filler, but this was stupid. And yes, I’m aware that part of a battle was shown, but that doesn’t make it any less of filler in my eyes. Anyway, just like the title says, Axew…gets lost. Yes, folks, this is another one of THOSE episodes. It gets lost while chasing a balloon (REALLY? That’s the best they could come up with?), so Ash and co. have to look for him. You'd think Iris would be able to control Axew; this makes her look bad...will it still be doing this crap when it's a Fraxure? Even a Haxorus? Moving on, Oshawott finds a bunch of apples and eats them, but they belong to Trubbish and Garbodo, and big surprise, they’re angry. The rest of the episode is basically just unentertaining hijinks (this could have been summed up in just a few minutes if Virgil (who specializes in finding lost Pokemon) took the time to help the ones he became friends with. In fact, this could have been a Pikachu short). At the end, everything’s resolved, blah blah blah, they find Axew, Oshawott tries to eat more; Pikachu slaps him on the back of the head. I'm sorry, was that supposed to be funny?

I don't know why, but the writers seem to think that random bashing (particularly on Burgundy and Oshawott) is funny...which it isn't.
    Last edited by Brownie; 15th April 2013 at 1:20 PM.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

This episode was funny, but I found it unneeded because, well, this is the end of the first half of the league episodes.

Though I did find Bianca suddenly screaming for Castelia Cones hilarious to hear.

Well that was a halfhour of my life I'll never get back. What a -beeping- waste of time! Oh how I dislike this league!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I think this episode was great and it was not irrelevant to the League. It is episodes like these that make the League look real for me. But yes they shouldn't have sacrificed round 2 and 3 for this though. I loved the interactions and whoa I could see shipping fans throw a Bianca X Virgil over there. The writers gave the vibe at least.

One of the better written episodes, and deserves a good rating than some who think it should get 3 just because its a filler. People don't be silly. The episode deserves to exist. If anything you should blame on some other Kibago episode to eat up the second round, not this one.

Next episode seems interesting.
    No one is saying the episode shouldn't exist, but Axew could ha ve gotten lost at the satrt of the league tornament and they could have done something else in this episode if they wanted to. That's all most is trying to get across.

My ideal battle ever!

Ah....I hated this episode >:/

This was not the place to do it, not during the league anyway. Oh and spoilers

Spoiler:- The League:

Cute episode, but during a league? Eh. At least there was some decent humor to go around. I lol'd when Cilan reacted to Iris telling him off from doing his "It's Detective Time!".

I liked also seeing the top 16 in cameos and at the end. Mostly because they're COTD's or character's we've actually seen before in BW. Katherine was cool to see in that super shot at the end; since she's voiced by somebody who was in a 4Kids show I like. Dino looked intense at the end with his back turned.

Sigh. Just can't believe we missed a whole round (Round 1; 2-on-2) and we see the very end of Round 2, then go to Round 3 already. I'm betting that that writers' are tired of this League already.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Wait, Katherine? The crazy girl with the demanding Gothita?

She could've been a nice trainer to fight Ash in this episode instead of watching Axew being a kid!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast