Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Lost at the League! (766)

I nice change of pace for the league, an interval as it were and it was quite funny as a whole. I especially liked the comedy moments from Bianca, the fan club and Cameron's tent. However, I cannot forget Oshawott and his hap-hazard antics .

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
        Spoiler:- The League:
        Spoiler:- Actually...:

I loved this episode. It was hilarious to see Axew being dragged around town with the party.

Did anyone else feel wierded out by the Russid fan club?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Continuing on to Shalour City
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

"My pokémon aren't mindless tools, they're my friends and family"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Did anyone else feel wierded out by the Russid fan club?
    Yes. With someone quirky like that, it'd be nice if he was a focused trainer in a battle.

Spoiler:- Does he or not?:

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

@AuraChannelerChris - Yeah, I'd totally love to see SOME interaction between Ash and a COTD like Katharine again. It's stunning to see she's made it to the league, and the Top 16 no less. I nearly forgot that she was collecting badges.

Yeah, that's actually what I like about this league; we see trainers competing who have appeared in fillers or tournaments. The con is that there's barely any interaction.

I was actually betting that Russet was going to be a rich snotty kid, but he looks pretty modest and humble.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Funny episode. Axew getting lost just because he got distracted by a balloon. And then Oshawott got into trouble for eating the apples that were for the Trubbish. Oshawott needs to learn some manners.

da hell? stephan has a leopard!, that shocked me, it was a fine filler and wow! i cant believe it!, Dino, Emanuel, Antonio, Manning, and Kathrine ! I REMEMBER ALL THEM! i noticed kathrine in the previous epsiode where she was outside the pokemon center with her minncino , and i lovedd that part were Camerons tent kept getting messed up lololol

So this episode is pretty funny! Yay, Scraggy got a league battle and defeated a Darumaka!

It looks like Ash is up against Stephan next, with a friendly rivalry I guess. So Axew gets lost... Again although it didn't help with a celebrating crowd running around in their way. It had a lot of funny things going on like; Cameron's tent falling apart 'cause of others. XD

Haha, its kind of fun see all those little Pokemon out. So Oshawott is really funny too, as its his fault for eating all those apples but I kind of felt bad for him. Oh yeah, Virgil really helped out; finding Axew and using a Soothe Bell to calm down Garbodor and Trubbish. Ooh, I really like seeing those fireworks! :O

Up next is Ash vs Stephan, I can't wait for it! So this episode is funny and for filler like, I thought its a cool idea to explore the league!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
        Spoiler:- Actually...:
        Spoiler:- Really!:

On another note...
    I'm not saying this was a bad episode, but I'm shocked a number of you felt this deserved to be placed dead center in the league :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
        Spoiler:- Really!:

On another note...
    I'm not saying this was a bad episode, but I'm shocked a number of you felt this deserved to be placed dead center in the league :P
    Well, to be fair the Kanto League had almost 3 filler like episodes if it wasn't for plot or Team Rocket and were placed around pretty randomly..

Also, not really a spoiler but usually the first episodes of the league only get like an introduction to the league and/or the league rival introduction; so pretty much like Virgil's introduction episode, only thing is, it wasn't part of the league arc. :c

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Well, to be fair the Kanto League had almost 3 filler like episodes if it wasn't for plot or Team Rocket and were placed around pretty randomly..
    That's because it was the first league that ever took place on the show. Of course there was going to be more fillers because there were a lot of crappy things done in the OS saga then people seem to keep forgetting.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That's because it was the first league that ever took place on the show. Of course there was going to be more fillers because there were a lot of crappy things done in the OS saga then people seem to keep forgetting.
    But we can still criticize it and this was only one filler

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Not to mention only one match was skipped, but Ash only got Top 16 in that League...here, it was pointless to skip that first round and pretty much the second
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Originally, I thought this episode was gonna be horrible. Against my better judgment, I decided to give it a watch and I regret it. The cliche idea of an animal (in this case, a pokemon) spending a day away from its trainer is half an hour I will never get back.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Well, I'm glad that most of you were excited from all of that exciting battling going on. Episodes like this are GREAT for pacing - I mean, if we had to watch another pokemon battle, I think I was going to barf...

...oh...

...oh dear...

What do you mean we've only seen Ash use a single pokemon for a single battle as of this point in the league? This episode isn't bad in its own right, but considering they felt it necessary to use it to pad the offensively short Unova league, as if they thought they could trick us, I'm kind of disappointed. This is the culmination of Ash's and his pokemon's efforts, not some unimportant skip in the park. You guys do realize that the Unova league is only 6 episodes, half of one episode of which is "set-up" followed by the beginning of Ash's first battle we get to see, and one of which is filler - putting it at an actual total of 4.5 episodes. We've already had THREE Don George tournaments that are each 4 episodes long. I just...aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggg.

The episode on its own is fine, despite the fact I don't like the premise of the episode being: "Oh look, Axew and Oshawott are being complete morons again, ain't that cute?" No. It's not.

*rantrantrantrantrantrant*
    Last edited by Kyrix; 25th March 2013 at 12:31 PM.

This was a terrible, terrible episode. Who in their right mind came up with this?

All it is, is "Axew gets lost, they have to go find him", with no substance. Even if it didn't interrupt the league, I would still hate it for being a retarded filler.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    Originally, I thought this episode was gonna be horrible. Against my better judgment, I decided to give it a watch and I regret it. The cliche idea of an animal (in this case, a pokemon) spending a day away from its trainer is half an hour I will never get back.
    I mean it would have been an okay episode either before or after the league, but definitely not during it

Hooray for pointless filler.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I'm not going to say much, because it might offend someone apparently, but there was no place for this episode ever, let alone in the middle of the league battles. This us one of the things where marketability really hits the anime, because axew should have evolved ages ago if it weren't for that.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I'm not going to say much, because it might offend someone apparently, but there was no place for this episode ever, let alone in the middle of the league battles. This us one of the things where marketability really hits the anime, because axew should have evolved ages ago if it weren't for that.
    I doubt anyone will be offended, I don't think I've met a single person who likes this episode :P
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I doubt anyone will be offended, I don't think I've met a single person who likes this episode :P
    Only part I liked was the part where Pikachu and Emolga give Oshy the look and the part where Pikachu slaps Oshy with his tail XD

Also why was Stfon so...glossy?

They could of done a better filler.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Also why was Stfon so...glossy?
    It's Stephan! XP

I find it pretty damn funny with the Emolga's double standard...it's okay for her to steal other Pokemon's apples, but when Oshawott does it, oh no that's a crime.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I liked this episode. Those overenthusiastic family members were funny, and I LOL'd when Iris made Cilan shut up when he went into detective mode, and he was dejected.

7/10
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast