Thread: Dragon energies?

Default Dragon energies?

Would you want dragon energies or would you rather there not be any. I think it would nice if there wasn't any because dragons would be harder to use since they don't have their own energy.
    However with my dark, psychic and dragon deck, Hydreigon fits perfectly because he needs dark and psychic energies for his attacks. What are your thoughts should dragons have their own energy? Also if so should it be special like dark and steel or be a normal energy?

I think that each type of Pokémon in the TCG should have access to their respective basic Energy cards. It's only fair that if Fire, Psychic, Water, and Fighting have access to their respective basic Energy cards, so should Dragon. I don't think Dragon should be exempt from having basic Energy cards just because the number of Dragon-type Pokémon cards in the game is low in the card game's current state.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I believe we have more than enough types of energies to deal with in the tcg. To see and possibly have to use dragon energies... would be painful. That would just make less varieties of decks. Dragon should be only exception... :-D Wonder if they'll consider making any dragons with a water type weakness.
    You know, because of ice..

Dragons seem to have it easy right now, considering their weakness and low numbers of dragons, and yet not really because they can take energies of many types which can bring more opportunity for trainers to add dragons to their deck. If they needed dragon energies, this would cut dragon type's compatibility with many decks... Am I making any sense?..

They remind me of normal types.. The 2 are almost related in a way. Compatible with more decks than other types.
    Last edited by darkgloom; 9th December 2012 at 8:55 PM.

^I think I followed.

I think they shouldn't implement Dragon energies just yet. Maybe when new Dragon types are announced.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

They should make it a special energy if they would, because at this point you released a pokemon without it's specific energy type, whats the point in having a basic energy for it none. Plus having an additional type you can have in you're deck that use's the same energy as a different type of pokemon come's in handy.

P.S. the new dragon types have been out for the past three set's, dragons exalted, dragon vault and boundaries.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I like the way dragon works right now. It kinda changes the way we look at building decks, yknow? 2 different energies can be a pain, but if theyre blend compatible, im usually pretty happy. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Quote Originally Posted by swagsire
    It kinda changes the way we look at building decks, yknow?
    I find that it doesn't change anything. Truth be told alot of high level pkmn tcg players would even say that the use of pokemon type to energy is not important in the construction of a deck, it really comes down to the attacks that you use for each card and nothing more for instance if you run an eels deck and put in mewtwo you're only using x ball and nothing else or if you tech in a terrakion with prism energy, you're only main purpose is to use terrakion for retaliate the second attack is optional or the chance is you would never end up using it so basically alot of people don't even care about the type of pokemon and is more concerned about the attack and the results it gives, then they go to type advantage (that is pretty much everyone in my league). But I agree that I liked how they did it.
    Last edited by ven?; 14th December 2012 at 7:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkgloom View Post
    They remind me of normal types.. The 2 are almost related in a way. Compatible with more decks than other types.
    They both used to be Colorless...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

I think every type should have their own energy card.

Pokemon Black 2
    Team:
        Spoiler:- Legendaries, Events & Shinies:

Pokemon Super Rumble
    Befriended: 126
    Seen: 235

If that we're true we would have a basic colourless energy.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    God...I can imagine how awful that would be.. That would send me for a turn Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

It would probably be like e.gain for sp's and plasma energy and colress machine for plasma pokemon (yay more broken and stupid cards), besides dragon type pokemon seem to be taking a step out of the light for plasma pokemon, Even though we do get latias EX which is a pretty decent card, I also really like the artwork for the new dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by jerbuta View Post
    I think every type should have their own energy card.
    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    i think that dragon should have a basic energy card.
    and dont get smart, we all know what he meant.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I'm not getting smart (don't say stupid things), he said that every type should have it's own basic energy yet colorless is still a special or multi energy type, and I don't think that will change so why should dragon energy have to exist if it was not introduced from the get go.