View Poll Results: Will Cilan(Dent) be in the next saga?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 48.72%
  • No

40 51.28%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Cilan Stay for the next Saga? *SPOILERS*

Hybrid View

Default Will Cilan Stay for the next Saga? *SPOILERS*

Cilan/Dent is a very popular character in Japan. I could see him traveling with Ash for a few more saga's, but probably not as much as Brock had.

He wants to experience different people, places, and Pokémon to increase his skill as a Connoisseur so going to different regions with Ash to experience these different things would help him become a best top Connoisseur he want to be. Well in my Opinion anyways. xD

What do you think

Yeah without a doubt. It's obvious Iris will become Opelucid City Gym Leader.

No. He has no relevance to Gen 6 and Brock staying for multiple gens was considered a mistake. They won't repeat that.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    No. He has no relevance to Gen 6 and Brock staying for multiple gens was considered a mistake. They won't repeat that.
    As shown with Takeshi you don't need to belong to a generation to bea traveling companion, they can just introduce a new girl.

Now I'm not sure but his dream enables him to travel or actually it prompts him to travel and learn about new pokemon and people behaviours, so he definetly has a chance.

Need a maybe there.

Most likely. His VA is so huge after all. Plus Cilan is fab

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Most likely. His VA is so huge after all. Plus Cilan is fab
    They won't keep him. His popularity is similar to that of May or Dawn's when they were around, (or maybe a little less since he's not a female), so I can't see him staying when they were dropped.

Cilan represents Gen V as much as May and Dawn did for their gens. I assure you they will never repeat what they did with Brock.

It's possible, since they kept Brock for so long. But you never know, maybe the next Gym Leader #1 is also young and willing enough to travel alongside Ash and Gen VI Girl.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

As much as I would love them to. But, I somehow doubt it.

Maybe.

It's hard to tell. While Iris's story is pretty much done, you can't tell with Dento. Things could come up at the last minute. :/
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I doubt it.

He has about a year to figure out something to do with himself in Unova. For all we know he can be given something at the absolute last moment.

I don't understand why people keep bringing up past characters as reference points. Do you really think if Kanto/Johto were written the way the show is now, that either Misty or Brock would have continued as long as they did?

I seriously doubt it. Iris proves they don't need to take the main female playable character either, they can just take another random girl Gym leader.

Iris proves they don't need to take the main female playable character either, they can just take another random girl Gym leader.
    Actually, with Gen VI Girl I meant whatever girl travels alongside Ash in the Gen VI anime, since we know there will be one.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

At this point its hard to tell because judging by past patterns Cilan destiny in this show can go either way. Usual response will be how he is bound to leave because of advertizing purposes,m to make room for new character etc, etc with people basing responses on main females and writers practice of replacing them after every few years.

However going by Jessie, James and Meowth as well Brock example which aren't pokemon main stars like Ash is serves as indication how writers can depending on popularity, circumstances and their own motivation keep characters in main cast from previous generations for extended period of time successfully promoting new games through older cast as well.

So its not completely out of option to expect Cilan staying around, if anything other than being pretty inconvenient and useless to start tradition with male supporting cast changes after every few years as well. Its already bad enough we have girl characters replaced like they're on assembly line with decline in ratings reflecting people annoyance.

It would be certainly welcomes twist in current formula to give us someone stable who could stick around for longer to make sure everything is running smooth, and get more development.
    To maintain popularity of long running show you sometimes need stable cast in who people can invest starting to grow on characters, which reassures viewers staying loyal toward some anime increasing its appeal to wider group of people.

Who considered it to be mistake? I doubt writers did, otherwise we wouldn't have Ash and TR stick around for so long.

I don't understand why people keep bringing up past characters as reference points. Do you really think if Kanto/Johto were written the way the show is now, that either Misty or Brock would have continued as long as they did?
    You do realize Brock and Misty were originally intended to stay permanently in main cast?

I seriously doubt it. Iris proves they don't need to take the main female playable character either, they can just take another random girl Gym leader.
    Something which can go both ways meaning possible reuse of already existing or older character too depending on circumstances. After all its easier to carry over gym leaders to different regions than its case with game protagonists which are more tied to specific generation they originated from.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 7th December 2012 at 6:56 PM.

Its hard to say. I think Cilan was designed as a sort of humor machine for BW to make up for lack of Brock and changing TR. But in order to maintain his funny aspects (which I think are weird anyway), they'll need to give people a break every now and then, go back to Brock, or do something different altogether. I'm going to say no he won't be in the next saga as a main character, but it's really going to depend on what direction they want the show to go and in what way they want to balance the humor.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Its hard to tell, Dento is pretty popular and so is his VA and his goal is one of those goals that can keep him apart of the cast for a while and they haven't given him an arc yet to close his character like they did Iris and its almost over, maybe.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I dunno, I guess it's possible though so I'm gonna vote yes XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

i think brock will come back

I hope so. Dento is a very popular character and not to mention, I love his VA. I sure do hope he does stay.

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

If Cilan leaves now, where will Sonic's former VA go to now? *sad face*
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

He will stay.

I chose, "Yes" 'cause I see no option to chose a "Maybe", I could have chosen "No" and as I'm too sure but its good to stay positive for characters you really like! :P

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Well since BW is all about "breaking tradition," I fully expect Cilan to leave rather than stay in the main cast. I'm sure Iris will leave as well.

I don't expect Cilan to continue. His Pansage is tied to Gen V.

I don't expect him to stay. He'll leave and so will Iris.

....and now, her story begins.

Default What are the chances of Dento staying?

Do you see him staying the next series? I hope so, he needs a lot more before his arc finishes, hes gotten the less amount of screen time than any one and his goal isn't any where close than it was. What do you guys think?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast