View Poll Results: Will Cilan(Dent) be in the next saga?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 48.72%
  • No

40 51.28%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Cilan Stay for the next Saga? *SPOILERS*

More than Iris...

99% certain on my statement.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

He's more likely than Iris to stay, since her chance of staying is zero. Unless the next region is still Best Wishes.

But I don't know, since they experimented on replacing Brock and it worked, maybe they won't take so long to replace Cilan.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Hope he stays!! I like this green hair

All depends on Gen 6 games ... But I think Cilan will stay one more season ...

50%. I wouldn't mind him staying. As long they don't pull a Brock on him, and make him less interesting.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.

I hope Cilan doesn't stay I'd rather see Brock return or the male 6th Gen protagonist join Ash

"Possibly"... I say that carefully since it's a hit or miss. If the anime does what the games did, where we find out that the trio decides to split up and train on their own and close their gym. So Cilan can move on, solo, but with Ash on his journey. This would easily be done off screen though, when Cilan reappears like Brock did back in the Advance saga.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I'd rather have Cilan help professor Juniper and crop up from time to time like Tracey does, he's funny in small doses but having constant repetitive gags from him is getting obnoxious, (this is coming from someone who used to really enjoy him.)

What are the chances of mijumaru evolving?

Cilan staying would add stability to the main cast and Iris would have two friends to visit next gen instead of just Ash. Cilan also hasn't captured any pokemon recently, which could mean he's gonna catch more in the next region.

I think he will stay, or at least he should since replacing male sidekicks every gen is completely unnecessary. Brock wore out his welcome when he stayed for 13 years. That's not the case with Cilan which means he can afford to stay for at least one more gen.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I think he will stay, or at least he should since replacing male sidekicks every gen is completely unnecessary. Brock wore out his welcome when he stayed for 13 years. That's not the case with Cilan which means he can afford to stay for at least one more gen.
    I don't see why replacing the male every gen is any different than the female. You can say even Max technically replaced Brock during AG even if he was still there at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't see why replacing the male every gen is any different than the female. You can say even Max technically replaced Brock during AG even if he was still there at the time.
    For stability and continuity purposes, it's better to keep cilan than bringing in two more new characters. Cilan has been here for almost 3 years and he hasn't done much other than cook and bring knowledge. There's no reason why he can't stay.

For stability and continuity purposes, it's better to keep cilan than bringing in two more new characters. Cilan has been here for almost 3 years and he hasn't done much other than cook and bring knowledge. There's no reason why he can't stay.
    I don't think it matters at this point when most main characters, rivals and pokemon are always dropped with each saga transition.

Every single new character who was introduced during DP was dropped from the series for example.

I don't think it matters at this point when most main characters, rivals and pokemon are always dropped with each saga transition.

Every single new character who was introduced during DP was dropped from the series for example.
    But DP was a 4 year series unlike BW. I don't see the point in bringing in another male sidekick who can cook and bring knowledge, and then he would leave when his gen is up, leaving us with a bunch of underdeveloped male sidekicks.

But DP was a 4 year series unlike BW. I don't see the point in bringing in another male sidekick who can cook and bring knowledge, and then he would leave when his gen is up, leaving us with a bunch of underdeveloped male sidekicks.
    He could be more like Tracey then, as in not so much as a cook but still fill a similar type of role.

Overall though you're right. The writers have dug themselves into a rut. Either they go back to the female co-star route of AG and DP or bring in another token female Gym leader and male companion. Its why they should just wrap up Ash's story and go with a real reboot next gen.

We do that with the females.Or even better we get a male sidequester and a older maid as the third wheel

He could be more like Tracey then, as in not so much as a cook but still fill a similar type of role.

Overall though you're right. The writers have dug themselves into a rut. Either they go back to the female co-star route of AG and DP or bring in another token female Gym leader and male companion. Its why they should just wrap up Ash's story and go with a real reboot next gen.
    I wouldn't mind if they wrapped up Ash's story, but that doesn't seem likely since he placed top 8 this region and will probably place top 4 next time, meaning he's gonna be staying for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    We do that with the females.Or even better we get a male sidequester and a older maid as the third wheel
    But the females always get developed along with Ash. That's the difference.

The writers don't "have" to do anything, they write this show for its merchandising solely. If you're really that bothered by Ash how many times do I have to say, maybe you should quit watching the show? They haven't dug ****, they do as they please.

I wouldn't mind if they wrapped up Ash's story, but that doesn't seem likely since he placed top 8 this region and will probably place top 4 next time, meaning he's gonna be staying for a long time.
    There is no pattern for the leagues now. He could go from doing terrible to winning the next one, nobody knows what goes on in the writers heads.

He has a higher chance than Iris, but I don't know. It seems mostly females of this show have to always be replaced. Maybe they'll keep Cilan around for 4 regions like Brock. I'm sure Cilan stans would be elated 4 life.

But the females always get developed along with Ash. That's the difference.
    Yeah but they can change it so we have a female chef and a male sidekick

Very very high.

In my eyes, they're high. I believe he might stay for another region or two.

I still don't get why Ash can't get a maid as a sidekick, bonus points if she/he is massive with superpowers and supernatural hair.

Extremely low given that his dreams are already within reach. Unlike Ash's previous caretaker (Brock), Cilan doesn't have to travel with Ash for almost a decade since he knew from the start what he wanted to be and he worked toward that goal even before he met Ash. Iris has a higher chance of staying in the main cast due to her goal being far off.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast