View Poll Results: Will Cilan(Dent) be in the next saga?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 48.72%
  • No

40 51.28%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Will Cilan Stay for the next Saga? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi101 View Post
    Cilan might stay with Ash next series, but since the Connoisseur job only exists in Unova, he wouldn't really have anything to do in the next region. Unless, of course, the region also employs Connoisseurs.
    Was this confirmed? I thought it goes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Was this confirmed? I thought it goes everywhere.
    They aren't well known outside of the Unova region but no reason to have them expand into the next region especially if it's based off France.

Random : PokéRadar

Cilan staying would add more continuity to the show and stability to the main cast. Also, considering the next region is based on France, that's all the more reason he should stay. He'll fit in well with the France scenery.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 9th January 2013 at 8:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Cilan staying would add more continuity to the show and stability to the main cast. Also, considering the next region is based on France, that's all the more reason he should stay. He'll fit in well with the France scenery.
    I agree, it seems the chances for him staying for gen. 6 are looking bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Not to mention that pansage seems to be part of of the new region as well so no issues there.

Random : PokéRadar

I really doubt that Cilan is going to leave now. I still really think he's going to travel the new region.

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

Well, Burgundy would definitely fit in with the France-like region! Ha ha ha...

No, hopefully not, two new companions for Ash, please.

He's probably not. He has nothing to do with X and Y.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Yes he does. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Well, because the new region is based on Europe, I think it'd make sense for Cilan to go there. So at the very least, instead of having him go, "Welp, I have to go back to the Gym because of an emergency!" at the end of this season, the writers should actually go to the new region with Ash, but then part ways a few episodes in. Then he can pop-up a few times throughout the region.

If Cilan does stay for the next region, I hope they do something with him to keep him fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Team Rocket haven't had anything to do with the past three regions. And it's not like there's isn't a villain that can replace them since a new evil team is introduced with every generation. But yet, they stay.

I wouldn't mind it, but that's just cuz he has awesome pokemon lol.

Dat Pansage <3!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I wouldn't mind it, but that's just cuz he has awesome pokemon lol.

Dat Pansage <3!!!
    His pokemon isn't that great. His bolder ant which takes up all the battles, his garden monkey that does nothing but get tossed around and his Psyduck pancake clone are all pretty bad. He needs to be replaced soon and not wait until another six regions to leave.

My ideal battle ever!

I don't know. I still love my theory about Dento trying to spread the love of Sommeliers around the world, and people think he's nuts--like Dawn. XD

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I don't know. I still love my theory about Dento trying to spread the love of Sommeliers around the world, and people think he's nuts--like Dawn. XD
    Or going to the Grand Connoisseur HQ in PokeFrance for a chance to gain his S-class license. The first time, he'll fail and travel with Ash so that he can get more experience, take the test later, and pass. At least then, he'll have some room for development.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Or going to the Grand Connoisseur HQ in PokeFrance for a chance to gain his S-class license. The first time, he'll fail and travel with Ash so that he can get more experience, take the test later, and pass. At least then, he'll have some room for development.
    That works too. :P

I answered yes. I don't think Cilan will go anywhere.

I highly doubt Brock is going to come back since he's still studying to become a Pokemon Doctor. Tracey is happy being Professor Oak's assistant so the chances of him coming to travel with Ash are like slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    His pokemon isn't that great. His bolder ant which takes up all the battles, his garden monkey that does nothing but get tossed around and his Psyduck pancake clone are all pretty bad. He needs to be replaced soon and not wait until another six regions to leave.
    The bolder hasn't really been doing anything, even though you guys still whine about it, kinda like with Oshawott not doing crap and people still wanting Unfezant,etc to get wins instead, Pansage has been doing pretty well actually and Stunfisk the few times he was used the goofyness makes for some good giggles, his Pokemon and Iris are pretty remarkable in terms of character presence.

Anyway it can go either way and we have 300 threads about this already, I basiclty answered just to answer Caseydia.

personally? i don't mind. He has a high chance of going but i feel that they might not let him and just have someone new. As i recall Cilan doesn't have any responsibilities because his brothers can just manage the gym right?

The World God Only knows

Pansear is in X and Y, so there is a possiblity of Pansage and Panpour appearing in the game. So Cilan could be in the next series (with Pansage).

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The bolder hasn't really been doing anything, even though you guys still whine about it, kinda like with Oshawott not doing crap and people still wanting Unfezant,etc to get wins instead, Pansage has been doing pretty well actually and Stunfisk the few times he was used the goofyness makes for some good giggles, his Pokemon and Iris are pretty remarkable in terms of character presence.

Anyway it can go either way and we have 300 threads about this already, I basiclty answered just to answer Caseydia.
    And this is why I said I don't want Cilan or his team to stay looking like it is. He isn't doing anything, so maybe someone new can atleast keep me from getting super board.

My ideal battle ever!

Well probably but I would prefer someone from the older series to come back such as Tracy Brock or even Max .

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

I feel that it's pretty likely that Cilan will stay for at least another region. I mean, the writers have already given Iris her reason for leaving with the Opelucid Gym. But Cilan hasn't really had enough time to develop as a character. If he leaves now, I feel he'll be leaving almost completely flat. His dream is loose enough to allow him to travel and the next region being based on France is right up Cilan's alley. (With France being known for exquisite food and all) It's impossible to say for sure, but I think it's more than likely that we won't be seeing the last of Cilan come the end of Episode N.

If they do keep him around however, I really hope the writers develop him more and rethink how they market him to the west. (I love him in Japanese, but the dub is downright painful to watch) I also hope they don't pull a Brock. 2 regions max. That's it.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

Me has a good chance of being there, I actually would like to see a new partner. But Pansage was in the trailer o.o
    Time will only tell.

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Starsurfer View Post
    If they do keep him around however, I really hope the writers develop him more and rethink how they market him to the west. (I love him in Japanese, but the dub is downright painful to watch) I also hope they don't pull a Brock. 2 regions max. That's it.
    Yeah, this pretty much. If they DO bring him to PokeFrance because they couldn't finish him in Unova, I'd be upset if they put him in the background just to give the new girl more development. >.<; I really hope they'll keep him with some priorities...

As for the dub Dento's pretty dry IMO.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast