View Poll Results: Will Cilan(Dent) be in the next saga?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 48.72%
  • No

40 51.28%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Will Cilan Stay for the next Saga? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Yeah, this pretty much. If they DO bring him to PokeFrance because they couldn't finish him in Unova, I'd be upset if they put him in the background just to give the new girl more development. >.<; I really hope they'll keep him with some priorities...

As for the dub Dento's pretty dry IMO.
    It all depends on what you would consider "couldn't finish". He doesn't need to be on as long as Brock to get anymore development to make you happy since his goal is already reachable and he barely loses whenever it's not to someone other than Burgundy.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Yeah, this pretty much. If they DO bring him to PokeFrance because they couldn't finish him in Unova, I'd be upset if they put him in the background just to give the new girl more development. >.<; I really hope they'll keep him with some priorities...

As for the dub Dento's pretty dry IMO.
    Exactly my thoughts on the subject. While I would love if the writers actually took the time to develop all three characters, if they HAD to leave one a little flat, I'd actually prefer them mixing it up and making it the female character. I feel like Cilan has such a huge amount of potential that isn't being tapped into because the writers insist on making him "That guy that takes care of Ash and his companion". It would be a real shame if they brought him along for the ride just to make him take a back seat again.
    And not only is Cilan's dub dry, it's also a bit corny IMO. His manner of speaking just doesn't work in English for some reason. I feel that it can though, so long as they're willing to tweak it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It all depends on what you would consider "couldn't finish". He doesn't need to be on as long as Brock to get anymore development to make you happy since his goal is already reachable and he barely loses whenever it's not to someone other than Burgundy.
    Personally, I don't think it's a matter of him being a strong battler that makes him more developed. For me, it's seeing him grow as a person and accomplish his goals that would do it. I mean if you think of Cilan, all that really comes to mind is his quirky actions and the fact that he wants to be an S-Class Connoisseur. That's it. And that for me is the problem. He seems too flat. I don't feel like he's grown enough and that I've learned enough about him to feel satisfied letting him go. I feel a journey through PokeFrance would be the perfect solution, so long as they actually give him some focus.
    Also, I don't want him to stick around as long as Brock did. That was a mistake in my eyes. His welcome was officially worn out when he showed up in Sinnoh. No, Cilan shouldn't stick around longer than two regions. But that in my opinion is doable, since he's so close to accomplishing his dream now.
    Last edited by Starsurfer; 19th January 2013 at 6:08 PM.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678