View Poll Results: Will Cilan(Dent) be in the next saga?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 48.72%
  • No

40 51.28%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Cilan Stay for the next Saga? *SPOILERS*

Really high chance he hasnt gotten much into his Connosuier thing and i would like to see him work to be a S class also he doesnt have many pokemon really. also i would love for him to be the one to enter contest in the region if they bring them back

I suppose it would depend on what the potential replacements would be like

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Really high chance he hasnt gotten much into his Connosuier thing
    That's because he's so close to becoming an S-Class Connoisseur already that there's really no point in giving him tons of episodes that revolve around it. He's much more of an "entertaining" character who does random stuff because he can. Unlike Iris, he doesn't have to deal with the constant pressure that comes from not being close to one's goal.

None of them besides Ash should stay. When a sidekick stays too long their fans develop an entitlement complex.

They need to get rid of cilan asap

He is so awkward in the dub, and his character makes no sense to the western audience, what in the hell were the writers thinking!

Cilan only appeals to the japanese audience, simple as that.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    None of them besides Ash should stay. When a sidekick stays too long their fans develop an entitlement complex.
    Basically this although Dawn has quite a large fan base even though she stayed for one region
    Walker Sleepover

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    They need to get rid of cilan asap

He is so awkward in the dub, and his character makes no sense to the western audience, what in the hell were the writers thinking!

Cilan only appeals to the japanese audience, simple as that.
    and? what's your point? the Japanese audience is all that matters to the writers

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    and? what's your point? the Japanese audience is all that matters to the writers
    No, or else they would have never tried to get rid of brock back in kanto, plus they have removed basically every japanese element the show originally had to give the show a broader appeal.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I'd like to see Ash traveling with the 6th gen male protagonist and sort of teach him the ropes and maybe they each partake in gym challenges and have Ash playing a true teacher role to this kid (he di the same to May & Dawn but he wasn't involved in contests so having him focus on teaching his new friend how to do gyms would really cement their role in the show) whilst the girl companion is an in-game character (maybe the female protag? not necessarily a gym leader) with a more focused Brock/Cilan-like goal...

I don't think it's likely knowing this show's idea of development for Ash, but I'd prefer it over Cilan sticking around, just to mess with the formula a little bit. As much as Best Wishes has changed many things, the group dynamics are still the same: the other male in the group is pretty superfluous to the storyline and is only around for knowledge, entertainment & sticking to the "trio" formula the show has going on. Unless his role is stepped up and he's given some importance, I'll remain indifferent to Cilan sticking around even though I know it's pretty likely.
    X Team:

Y Team:

No, or else they would have never tried to get rid of brock back in kanto, plus they have removed basically every japanese element the show originally had to give the show a broader appeal.
    *Looks at Piplup's popularity* Yeah I'm pretty sure the Japanese audience are still the writers' first priority. They obviously care about the fans abroad too, but...

Only if they're from the original series because then they have a bunch of nostalgia attached to them. Cilan doesn't have that problem.

It's impossible to say. He may stay, Brock may come back, or he might even be replaced by another male character from the 6th gen.

I agree with the sentiments of many others here, though: His chances of staying are better than Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    It's impossible to say. He may stay, Brock may come back, or he might even be replaced by another male character from the 6th gen.

I agree with the sentiments of many others here, though: His chances of staying are better than Iris.
    What about becoming a pokemon doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    What about becoming a pokemon doctor?
    He can still do that, just take a break from doctor school.

Cilan had a bigger chance staying than Iris, because until info of 6 gen cones, potential travel partners are up there.

Only if they're from the original series because then they have a bunch of nostalgia attached to them. Cilan doesn't have that problem.
    That also happened with May at the beginning of DP, thankfully Donphans knew better than to throw a hissy fit but if either one of the BW2 stays it will come back worse than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    He can still do that, just take a break from doctor school.
    That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Brock made the decision to become a doctor and for the sake of his character, he needs to finish it. Not decide to take a "break" and travel through another region when he's already been through 4. This would show that Brock is incapable of finishing anything that he starts.

That also happened with May at the beginning of DP, thankfully Donphans knew better than to throw a hissy fit but if either one of the BW2 stays it will come back worse than ever.
    Not true. I didn't have an account back then but I've heard stories how the Dawn fans went crazy after it was revealed she wouldn't be in BW. Their were lots of bans around that time xD

I don't understand why you're making such a big deal about this. Fans moan and complain on a daily basis. That's not gonna be taken into account when the writers make a decision to keep a character for another region.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 26th December 2012 at 3:00 AM.

The entitlement complex I'm talking about is not some minor complaining like Georgia getting humiliated at the Junior cup, I'm talking about complaints that have stretched for 10 years and having people constantly wanting the anime to end for the chance to get their wishes to come true.

The entitlement complex I'm talking about is not some minor complaining like Georgia getting humiliated at the Junior cup, I'm talking about complaints that have stretched for 10 years and having people constantly wanting the anime to end for the chance to get their wishes to come true.
    Why do you always bring up Georgia and her junior Cup loss?

Anyway Cilan fans aren't really crazy. We should all know by now that no traveling companion will ever have a permanent spot on this show, so if Cilan leaves after gen 6, then there shouldn't be any surprise.

The history of this show speaks for itself.

Hopefully he stays or poor Dento girl will go into depression lol.

I wouldn't mind it but that's just cuz I have monkey and Crustle bias.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Why do you always bring up Georgia and her junior Cup loss?

Anyway Cilan fans aren't really crazy. We should all know by now that no traveling companion will ever have a permanent spot on this show, so if Cilan leaves after gen 6, then there shouldn't be any surprise.

The history of this show speaks for itself.
    Because I happen to like Georgia.

But the amount of whining would be much greater than if he stayed

Because I happen to like Georgia.

But the amount of whining would be much greater than if he stayed
    she deserved to lose. She needed a reality check that she isn't capable of beating every dragon she sees.

Really? because I've read the posts in this thread and most don't mind him staying. You're just being paranoid.

she deserved to lose. She needed a reality check that she isn't capable of beating every dragon she sees.

Really? because I've read the posts in this thread and most don't mind him staying. You're just being paranoid.
    Um No LOL, the entire battle was just to humiliate Georgia as much as possible to glorify Iris as a bad trainer who rode dragonite to victory.

Most people had no problems with Camoron either until BW-108's title was announced.

I hope you know that no one takes you seriously since you're an established BW hater in general.
    Pretty sure everyone but you dislikes this saga.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Um No LOL, the entire battle was just to humiliate Georgia as much as possible to glorify Iris as a bad trainer who rode dragonite to victory.

Most people had no problems with Camoron either until BW-108's title was announced.
    Actually it was done to show off Dragonite's strength. So really you have to blame Dragonite for being strong, which would be funny since a couple of weeks ago you had that dragonite avatar and was saying it was one of the best pokemon in BW. So what happened, sis? (as Kira/Ciccone would say)

Pretty sure Cilan isn't gonna pull some glorification on Ash. He's just a male sidekick.

Pretty sure everyone but you dislikes this saga.
    Lol I like this saga, sure there are parts that could be better but I still like it.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast