View Poll Results: Will Cilan(Dent) be in the next saga?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 48.72%
  • No

40 51.28%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Will Cilan Stay for the next Saga? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    If you ask me, Cilan has much better chance of staying then Iris does. She's leaving to become the gym leader of Opelucid City. If they had Cilan leave, who would travel with Ash then? Maybe he should travel alone for once.
    Lol him and all his pokemon would starve and get lost if that were to happen.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol him and all his pokemon would starve and get lost if that were to happen.
    Exactly haha

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    Exactly haha
    You want Ash to die lol??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What promises are you talking about exactly?
    Saying he'd go back to Viridian Forest to get Pidgeot back, saying he'd get Misty a new bike, etc. Most of them were made in OS, but they still count as broken promises. So if Ash can say something and then change his mind, so should Iris. Drayden didn't even say that Iris would definitely be the next Gym Leader anyway; he said he was considering her. Nothing is set in stone especially since her Axew still hasn't evolved and is unfit for battle.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    He also has two brothers running the gym, similar to how Brock has Forrest.
    And Drayden is taking care of the Opelucid City Gym at the moment, so Iris is also free to travel with Ash for as long as she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Saying he'd go back to Viridian Forest to get Pidgeot back, saying he'd get Misty a new bike, etc. Most of them were made in OS, but they still count as broken promises. So if Ash can say something and then change his mind, so should Iris. Drayden didn't even say that Iris would definitely be the next Gym Leader anyway; he said he was considering her. Nothing is set in stone especially since her Axew still hasn't evolved and is unfit for battle.

And Drayden is taking care of the Opelucid City Gym at the moment, so Iris is also free to travel with Ash for as long as she wants.
    While true on paper, that still doesn't change the fact that the female usually leaves at the end of her generation. I refuse to get my hopes up that Iris is staying only for them to be crushed later on. The history of this show speaks for itself and until an announcement is made proving that she is staying, I'm gonna face reality that Iris only has roughly 9 months left on the show (assuming 6th gen will come in 2013).

I'm rooting for Iris to stay over Cilan. Cilan has nothing else left to him at the moment pretty much. But, maybe they will just keep both, and have this be Johto esque, which mean Trip will still be around and fight Ash in the top 16 or top 8 in the pokemon league for a full battle!

Nah, the writers wouldn't completely copy something over like that.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

But Iris hasn't become the Opelucid city gym leader yet, if does at some point it's unlikely she'll abandon it shortly after.

There was never a time limit on those, they can keep hanging forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I'm rooting for Iris to stay over Cilan. Cilan has nothing else left to him at the moment pretty much. But, maybe they will just keep both, and have this be Johto esque, which mean Trip will still be around and fight Ash in the top 16 or top 8 in the pokemon league for a full battle!

Nah, the writers wouldn't completely copy something over like that.
    If yah ask me, I think Dento has a lot more going for him at the moment to keep him around than Iris. Shes closer to reaching her goal than him, we've seen so much of her past than we did with the other girls and shes already caught one of the top Dragon type and is pretty much under control now, what else does she have left that we can explore? Now they could break the whole replace girls thing this series since they seem to be doing a lot of that as of late so I'm going past that right now. I think Best Wishes is about over though, counting the N arc the show should be having as many series as the past right?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Why would the writers want iris to stay? if they got rid of dawn and her piplup was nearly bigger then pokemon itself, then iris has no chance what so ever, and why do you guys actually think cilan is staying? cilan isn't brock, plus with the declining ratings i doubt many people will make a fuss about it.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    Why would the writers want iris to stay? if they got rid of dawn and her piplup was nearly bigger then pokemon itself, then iris has no chance what so ever, and why do you guys actually think cilan is staying? cilan isn't brock, plus with the declining ratings i doubt many people will make a fuss about it.
    The ratings have not decline, Dawn and Piplup finished their arc with Ash, and Cilan has more of a chance sticking around than Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    The ratings have not decline, Dawn and Piplup finished their arc with Ash, and Cilan has more of a chance sticking around than Iris.
    That's because cilan has done absolutely nothing in this saga, he has no achievable goals what so ever! wouldn't that make him the most likely to leave, having no goals and all?

I just want iris gone, because i cant stand her.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

That's because cilan has done absolutely nothing in this saga, he has no achievable goals what so ever! wouldn't that make him the most likely to leave, having no goals and all?

Except that he does have goals.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Except that he does have goals.
    And what is cilan's goal exactly?
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

And what is cilan's goal exactly?
    To increase his connoisseur rank.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    To increase his connoisseur rank.
    He already knows everything, his goal is as useless as brocks was, that's why they changed brocks goal and so should they with cilan.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

He already knows everything, his goal is as useless as brocks was, that's why they changed brocks goal and so should they with cilan.
    That might be true, but unlike Brock, Cilan can actually improve his connoisseur rank (while Brock could only learn things). Maybe after Cilan's rank increases (if it ever does) they might change it

I think that Cilan will stay. He is very popular and can be developed in many ways because of his connoisseur's things. It will also be an easier job to the writers than create another replacement of the guy who knows things and cooks.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Cilan has a good chance of staying. He did almost nothing about his goal and travelling to another region may expand it. Or, if there isn't much to do, they may give him a sub-goal or similar.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

If you haven't noticed cilan is actually popular in the us and japan from what,I've heard so don't quote me on that. Bottom line he has alot of fans and most likely will stay with ash

lets what brock has done to become a better pokemon breeder on the show huh

Just becasue he knows everything doesn't mean he is the best and he knows this
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 28th December 2012 at 4:50 AM.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

You can't stand anyone that's not from AG or DP. It's just another reason why no one takes you seriously because you're a bias hater.

We know that Iris won't stay (well,, it's possible but highly unlikely and ) past BW because her storyline is very defined to have a beginning and an end. If you watch carefully Iris has a very specific storyline unlike any other character. (For give a example, Iris' flashback as a kid is the key of Iris' character storyline; for Dawn is only a catchphrase, I don't see any of Cilan yet and nothing else and for Ash is only for remmber that Ash was a kidReally, it's possibly the only character that will get real closure when she would leave. With Cilan, this isn't happening.

The case with Cilan now is the case with almost other characters before the end of a saga with the exception of Iris. We must wait to announce a new series and his characters role and the final BW summaries to be sure what Cilan will be doing after BW.

In resume, watch and see.

Probably a better chance then Iris, it worked for Brock really well IMO.

It could go either way honestly. I can see him staying and I can see him not staying. I hope that if he stays the female traveling companion will be someone that him and Ash both have chemistry with. In DP Dawn felt like an female Ash clone, while Brock felt like a third wheel. It also didn't help out how we were stuck with that group for 4 years so they seemed worse and more stale to some people.

Saying he'd go back to Viridian Forest to get Pidgeot back, saying he'd get Misty a new bike, etc. Most of them were made in OS, but they still count as broken promises.
    Actually he did get Misty her new bike it was at the end of the series but it still counts. He didn't really for fill any of the other promises though.
    Last edited by J Ken; 28th December 2012 at 3:36 PM.

Ash never got back MIsty's bike, Nurse Joy fixed it for her.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ash never got back MIsty's bike, Nurse Joy fixed it for her.
    Oh yeah I forgot, well then I've got nothing. Ash really is bad at keeping promises. How many characters has he told he would battle again only to never see them again.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast