Page 169 of 174 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4336

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Episode N [FIRST POST]

  1. #4201
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    I'll pu the possibilites of possibilities. This is the possibility that I see some characters of Episode N appearing in the anime between now and the last minute of Best Wishes. I only put the possibility of Brock's cameo to not burn the forums:

    Here we go!

    Rivals:
    Trip 2%, Bianca 75%, Stepahn 0,4%, Cameron 5%, Virgil 35%, Burgundy 80%, Georgia 90%.

    Gym Leaders/Elite Four:
    100% because of Cheren. Apart from that:
    Gym Leaders: Including relatives of main characters, 85%, apart from that, 30%.
    Elite Four: All members + Alder: 50%. Alder re-appearing. 75% One member of Elite 4 appearing: 70%. I see all members at the same time. Ash fighting them for storyline purposes 3% (Dreams ==/== episodes)

    Battles:
    Ash vs N. 93%. Ash vs Colress. 55%. Ash vs Ghetsis 35%. Reshiram vs Zekrom 80%.
    Possibilities of a full battle: 60%. And a 3vs3+: 95%.

    Possibilities of tournaments (at least): 1 tourney 50%, 2 tourney 2%, 3 tourney: there's not time.
    Appareances of in-game signature pokemon of characters.
    Appareances of unconfirmed villains: Giovanni 94%, Zager 55%, Pierce 15%, Shadow Triad 40% (because Dark Trinity),Sages 50%.
    N's Zorua: 99,9%, N's Zoroark 98%, Colress' Magneton and/or Magnezone (merch of the latter in the Kids set) 85%, Ghetsis' Hydreigon, 55%.

    Possibility of Gen VI pokemon appearing:
    In the anime: 76% Before July 25%, After July 74%.
    In the movie: 99,9%. In the short, 95%.

    Possibilities of changes in Ash's team:
    New additions: Ash 70% (not counting prov. Zekrom), Cilan 45%, Iris 5%.
    Evolved pokemon: Dewott 0,1%, Samurott 0,01%, Emboar 20%, Servine 20%, Serperior 2%, Scrafty 60%, Gigalith 40%, Seismitoad 50%, Pansage 10%, Axew 95% (last one of Iris' run 60%, 2nd last 30%, 3rd last 5%, in the rest 0%).
    Possibilities of Ash's other reserves to appear IN UNOVA. 50%.

    Method of Charizard joining Ash's party: On-screen: 90%. Out those: Liza 60%, Oak 35%, Dawn 2%, Clair/Lance 2%, Other 0,99%, Flying alone 0,01%. Off-screen 10%.

    Possibilities of Brock appearing 33%.

    Possibilities of characters staying/re-joining the main cast: Ash 99%, Iris 4%, Cilan 34%, Team Rocket 80%, Re-joining characters 4%, New character 99%.


    The end.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 22nd January 2013 at 2:05 PM.

  2. #4202
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not in Obamaland
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    They're of course going to mention the whole disobedience thing. It would fit perfectly in to the kinds of things N stands for. And it's about time the viewers get a proper explanation as to why it happened. It eventually became obvious it wasn't because Ash "wasn't experienced enough".
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets


    At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

    I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

  3. #4203
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    They're of course going to mention the whole disobedience thing. It would fit perfectly in to the kinds of things N stands for. And it's about time the viewers get a proper explanation as to why it happened. It eventually became obvious it wasn't because Ash "wasn't experienced enough".
    But it was explained and clearly shown already

    Charmeleon viewed Ash as too weak and inexperienced to obey. And to add insult to injury his first job as a newly evolved Charmeleon was to take a dive against a Paras. At that point Charmeleon had basically lost all his respect for Ash and viewed him as weak.
    He then evolved again and gained even more power and severely outranked every other Kanto team member, so its quite logical his views of being "above" Ash and the rest were strengthened. Notice how from that point he only fought opponents he deemed worthy and basically did a "screw you Ash" to every other opponent and made it clear he didn't respect Ash by blasting him constantly. This wasn't helped by Ash always crying "please listen to me" and just letting Charizard burn him with no consequences.

    He still clearly cared for Ash, otherwise he wouldn't have saved him from Aerodactyl (he still caught him and saved him from falling to death), he just no longer respected him as his "superior" and as such rebelled against him and ignored his orders.

  4. #4204
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    And it wouldn't be the first time the anime doesn't follow logic. We got:

    Charizard lose vs Dusclops
    Gible win vs Dusknoir

    Dragonite lose vs Druddigon
    Eevee win vs Druddigon

    And there are more things like that, so... it isn't impossible that they lower Reshiram's power to make it beatable.
    Actually, it is logical that those Pokemon won or lost. Just because they're evolved doesn't mean that they're automatically going to lose.

  5. #4205
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,955

    Default

    So how many moves will Charizard know this time around? 6 minimum?

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  6. #4206
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not in Obamaland
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    But it was explained and clearly shown already

    Charmeleon viewed Ash as too weak and inexperienced to obey. And to add insult to injury his first job as a newly evolved Charmeleon was to take a dive against a Paras. At that point Charmeleon had basically lost all his respect for Ash and viewed him as weak.
    He then evolved again and gained even more power and severely outranked every other Kanto team member, so its quite logical his views of being "above" Ash and the rest were strengthened. Notice how from that point he only fought opponents he deemed worthy and basically did a "screw you Ash" to every other opponent and made it clear he didn't respect Ash by blasting him constantly. This wasn't helped by Ash always crying "please listen to me" and just letting Charizard burn him with no consequences.

    He still clearly cared for Ash, otherwise he wouldn't have saved him from Aerodactyl (he still caught him and saved him from falling to death), he just no longer respected him as his "superior" and as such rebelled against him and ignored his orders.
    Incorrect.

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...haracteristics

    But I agree, Ash handled it horribly. He proved how incompetent of a Trainer he was (not evolving Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto as well as not regularly having a 6th Pokemon with him helped too). I had to give Professor Oak a round of applause after he chastised Ash after he spent the afternoon locked up in his room after losing to Ritchie.

    He was an idiot back then who had no idea what he was doing. That's why I felt Bulbasaur & Squirtle didn't evolve. They knew if he was having this much trouble with Charmeleon/Charizard, why bother evolving?

    inb4 the mention of Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets


    At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

    I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

  7. #4207
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Actually, it is logical that those Pokemon won or lost. Just because they're evolved doesn't mean that they're automatically going to lose.
    Don't you mean win if your talking about the evolved Pokemon?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  8. #4208
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Don't you mean win if your talking about the evolved Pokemon?
    Haha Yea, I messed up during typing.

  9. #4209
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Incorrect.

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...haracteristics

    But I agree, Ash handled it horribly. He proved how incompetent of a Trainer he was (not evolving Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto as well as not regularly having a 6th Pokemon with him helped too). I had to give Professor Oak a round of applause after he chastised Ash after he spent the afternoon locked up in his room after losing to Ritchie.

    He was an idiot back then who had no idea what he was doing. That's why I felt Bulbasaur & Squirtle didn't evolve. They knew if he was having this much trouble with Charmeleon/Charizard, why bother evolving?

    inb4 the mention of Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden.

    Meh, Bulbapedia has their views on what happened and so does PAndrews, no one is right or wrong.

    It's open to interpretation.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  10. #4210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Incorrect.

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...haracteristics

    But I agree, Ash handled it horribly. He proved how incompetent of a Trainer he was (not evolving Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto as well as not regularly having a 6th Pokemon with him helped too). I had to give Professor Oak a round of applause after he chastised Ash after he spent the afternoon locked up in his room after losing to Ritchie.

    He was an idiot back then who had no idea what he was doing. That's why I felt Bulbasaur & Squirtle didn't evolve. They knew if he was having this much trouble with Charmeleon/Charizard, why bother evolving?

    inb4 the mention of Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden.
    Oh my god are you being serious?

    The Anime doesn't follow the game mechanics, Pokemon don't always evolve. Not because they're not experienced, but because the time hasn't come, or they don't want to evolve.

    You can say inb4 Bulbasaurs Mysterious Garden all you want but fact of the matter is it didn't want to evolve in that episode.

    The anime takes Ash's character as a realistic approach. If Pokemon was real not every trainer would evolve their Pokemon, and we've been shown COUNTLESS times that evolving doesn't mean anything when it comes to becoming strong.

    And you're saying Ash lost the League cause he didn't evolve his Pokemon? A freaking Eevee just won the League for Virgil and a Meowth won the League for Tyson too. Ash COULD have won even if he didn't evolve his Pokemon.

    Stop being ridiculous, plenty of Ash's unevolved Pokemon have defeated endless amounts of fully evolved Pokemon before.

  11. #4211
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not in Obamaland
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    If I was Ash, I would have said "Good for you!" and would've ripped open that bulb myself.

    And it was still obvious Bulba & Squirt knew the problems Ash had with Charizard.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets


    At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

    I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

  12. #4212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    If I was Ash, I would have said "Good for you!" and would've ripped open that bulb myself.
    Well in that case, i'm glad Pokemon isn't real.

    And it was still obvious Bulba & Squirt knew the problems Ash had with Charizard.
    What has this actually got to do with anything? Just because they saw what Charizard was like meant they didn't want to evolve? Wonder what was running through Pidgeotto's mind when it evolved into Pidgeot then.

  13. #4213
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    A freaking Eevee just won the League for Virgil and a Meowth won the League for Tyson too.
    You have to be fair though, those are 1 Pokemon in 6, and in the show they were accompanied on their respective teams by fully evolved Eeveelutions and Metagross/Sceptile/Shiftry etc.

    Im entirely in your camp about evolution, but the writers are so contradictory about evolution when they script the battles that actually matter that discussing Virgil or Tyson is redundant.




  14. #4214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    You have to be fair though, those are 1 Pokemon in 6, and in the show they were accompanied on their respective teams by fully evolved Eeveelutions and Metagross/Sceptile/Shiftry etc.
    Yeah but Thriller is saying that Ash didn't win the Indigo League because he didn't evolve Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto.

    Im entirely in your camp about evolution, but the writers are so contradictory about evolution when they script the battles that actually matter that discussing Virgil or Tyson is redundant.
    And thus, since Thriller is talking about a League that Ash didn't win because of unevolved Pokemon, I presented two leagues in which unevolved Pokemon did win the League for said trainers.

  15. #4215
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Yeah but Thriller is saying that Ash didn't win the Indigo League because he didn't evolve Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto.
    Wasnt he talking about general incompetence as a trainer rather than focusing on those as the reason Ash didnt win the league?

    And thus, since Thriller is talking about a League that Ash didn't win because of unevolved Pokemon, I presented two leagues in which unevolved Pokemon did win the League for said trainers.
    Sure, they struck the last blows, but from the stuff we saw on screen and inferred from off camera, it seemed like the other Pokemon on those teams did a great deal more than Meowth and Eevee.




  16. #4216
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Yeah but Thriller is saying that Ash didn't win the Indigo League because he didn't evolve Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto.
    Then I completely disagree with him. I don't think having a team of evolved Pokemon is the only way of winning a League; I think it all comes down to training. Ash did no real training in Kanto, which is why he didn't do too well at the League; in fact, if I remember correctly he was constantly reminded of that fact by Misty as the League drew closer. And as I pointed out before, Charizard lost Ash the Indigo League because it didn't want to listen to commands, so that basically proves that evolved Pokemon aren't the solution to all the problems that Ash has encountered, and that they can actually hinder his progress.

    I'm just really put out by comments about how Ash's Pokemon are useless and weak unless they evolve. That may hold some ground in the games, but it's not necessarily true in the anime.

  17. #4217
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not in Obamaland
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    What has this actually got to do with anything? Just because they saw what Charizard was like meant they didn't want to evolve? Wonder what was running through Pidgeotto's mind when it evolved into Pidgeot then.
    He thought "I know Ash is stupid enough to not keep me around now that I'm this big, strong bird, might as well not revolt!"

    And I didn't say Ash didn't win because he didn't evolve Bulba & Squirt. Everybody knows the actual reason Ash lost was because, instead of training like Professor Oak said to, he went on a vacation to Seafoam, went on some expedition to Pokemopolis, travelled to Hollywood, helped produce a movie.

    This is the thing here, he did NOTHING to help Charizard's problem. All he'd do is make a stupid face and say "It still won't obey meeeeeeeeeee."
    Last edited by Thriller; 23rd January 2013 at 12:54 AM.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets


    At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

    I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

  18. #4218
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    He thought "I know Ash is stupid enough to not keep me around now that I'm this big, strong bird, might as well not revolt!"

    And I didn't say Ash didn't win because he didn't evolve Bulba & Squirt. Everybody knows the actual reason Ash lost was because, instead of training like Professor Oak said to, he went on a vacation to Seafoam, went on some expedition to Pokemopolis, travelled to Hollywood, helped produce a movie.

    This is the thing here, he did NOTHING to help Charizard's problem. All he'd do is make a stupid face and say "It still won't obey meeeeeeeeeee."
    Ha Ha Ha....that was genius.

  19. #4219
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Stop being ridiculous, plenty of Ash's unevolved Pokemon have defeated endless amounts of fully evolved Pokemon before.
    Well, Pokemon DO get stronger when they evolve though. Why do you think E4 members have use nothing but fully evolved Pokemon when they battle? A team of unevolved Pokemon can only get Ash so far realistically.

  20. #4220
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Well, Pokemon DO get stronger when they evolve though. Why do you think E4 members have use nothing but fully evolved Pokemon when they battle? A team of unevolved Pokemon can only get Ash so far realistically.
    In the games, sure. I am not 100% sure how it works in the anime. It does seem like they are moving towards the game theory with each saga though.

    May be we have got it wrong. May be it's not that Ash has an unevolved team, and so he is losing. May be it is Ash is losing because he has an unevolved team. Did that make sense?

  21. #4221
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Then I completely disagree with him. I don't think having a team of evolved Pokemon is the only way of winning a League; I think it all comes down to training. Ash did no real training in Kanto, which is why he didn't do too well at the League; in fact, if I remember correctly he was constantly reminded of that fact by Misty as the League drew closer. And as I pointed out before, Charizard lost Ash the Indigo League because it didn't want to listen to commands, so that basically proves that evolved Pokemon aren't the solution to all the problems that Ash has encountered, and that they can actually hinder his progress.

    I'm just really put out by comments about how Ash's Pokemon are useless and weak unless they evolve. That may hold some ground in the games, but it's not necessarily true in the anime.
    Charizard didn't really prove evolution wasn't the answer, Pidgeot listened just fine and there is no reason Wartortle and Ivysaur wouldn't have listened.
    Charmeleon/zard didn't listen because he viewed Ash as weak and lost respect for him. There is no proof any of the others would have felt the same way.

    Ash's Pokemon were strong enough to beat Richie, though I highly doubt he'd have done any better next round (Richie got owned badly in that one), Ash himself is the cause he lost.
    He had 5 Pokemon with him during most of Kanto and the League, and of those 5, 1 was always Charizard who didn't listen, so he basically went into battle with 4 Pokemon during most battles
    He should have had Kingler And Tauros/Muk with him and Oaked Charizard during the league, the fact that he didn't showed he was overconfident and arrogant and above all inexperienced.

    He had 8 Pokemon to choose from, so going into battle with basically 4 + 1 Pokemon who won't listen was just plain stupid on Ash's part.
    Though Squirtle being KO'd by Sleep Powder was plain stupid on the writers part.

  22. #4222
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,493

    Default

    Thriller is completely right save Charizard influencing bulbasaur to not evolve.

    It's sad how Charizard was the only evolved starter to be promoted nearly as much as their unevolved counterparts.

  23. #4223
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Thriller is completely right save Charizard influencing bulbasaur to not evolve.

    It's sad how Charizard was the only evolved starter to be promoted nearly as much as their unevolved counterparts.
    I would consider Venusaur and Blastoise to be more popular due to them being on the box art in Japan but maybe the writers didn't care as much about promotion because they had Pikachu and Charizard

  24. #4224
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I would consider Venusaur and Blastoise to be more popular due to them being on the box art in Japan but maybe the writers didn't care as much about promotion because they had Pikachu and Charizard
    Charizard and Venusaur were in the covers of the japanese games not Blastoise.

  25. #4225
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Charizard was specifically said to be made to be appealing to a western audience from what I remember. :/
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Page 169 of 174 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •