Thread: Random team battle

Default Random team battle

My friend and I decided to do a battle with six pokemon that we rolled, so we would end up with six random ones. He rolled Kyogre, Tentacruel, Ferrothorn, Regirock, Regice, and Minccino. Here's my team.

Item: Focus sash Ability: Swarm Nature: Jolly
    EV's 252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 spe
    Moves:
    Toxic Spikes
    U-turn
    Knock Off
    Sunny day (to counter kyogre rain)

Electric type
    Item: Zap Plate Nature: Timid
    EV's 4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Moves:
    Calm Mind
    Thunder
    Ice Beam
    Recover

Item: Choice Scarf Ability: Adaptability Nature: Timid
    EV's 4 hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    Tri Attack
    Dark Pulse
    HP Fighting
    Trick

Item: Expert Belt Ability: Vital Spirit Nature: Modest
    EV's 24 hp / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
    Moves:
    HP Grass
    Thunderbolt
    Fire Blast
    Focus Blast

Item: Leftovers Ability: Levitate Nature: Timid
    EV's 4 hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    Substitute
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    HP Fighting

;555;
    Item: Life Orb Ability: Sheer Force Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    Flare Blitz
    Earthquake
    U-Turn
    Superpower

There isn't much I can do with this. I can't suggest other Pokemon because you're forced to play with these. Beautifly's Sunny Day seems pointless and counterproductive when 1. It's weak to Fire and 2. You have Thunder on Arceus to counter Kyogre while retaining an advantage for the rest of the fight once it's down.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

My only thought for Sunny Day was that I have two fire types who would otherwise have their STAB hampered.

Yeah, as long as he uses Scarf Ogre he is going to sweep you 6-0 with Water Spout. You definitely want to use Ekiller Normal Arceus so you can at least try to set up first and then clean sweep him. Give Darm a Scarf so you at least have two things that can weaken that Water Spout. Porygon-Z just ties, and if you lose the tie it's gg.

You could also go for Arceus-Grass with Focus Blast, Refresh, Recover, and Judgement. Although it seems wierd, with a spread of 252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Spe you beat his entire team bar maybe Tentacruel no problem (Refresh fixes Twave damage from Ferro or possible Scald burns from Tenta). Your strategy should be to Trick Ferrothorn with Porygon-Z Missey and Beedrill are totally irrelevant here so don't bother with setup moves on Missy. Toxic/Will-O-Wisp would be much better. Make sure Darm is Jolly so you can beat Kyogre.

Good luck.

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Sorry, but you are required to have detailed descriptions for each of your Pokemon.