Thread: Wi-Fi Triple Battle Team: The God Squad

Hybrid View

Default Wi-Fi Triple Battle Team: The God Squad

So I like to battle Triple Battle on Wi-Fi, and I thought I'd give an all-legendary team a try (using, of course, only legendaries that aren't banned for Wi-Fi battles). Looking for advice to max out my team's potential:

Azelf @ Light Clay
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 SpATK
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Taunt
    - Psychic

-Azelf is, obviously, my Screener. I've used this Azelf in pretty much every team I've built in recent memory, and I absolutely love him. High speed + Taunt/Screens allow it to set my team up for long-term safety. He's the fastest, most efficient pokemon I have found that can use BOTH screens AND Taunt.

Thundurus @ Wide Lens
    Trait: Prankster
    Timid
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunder
    - Taunt
    - Dark Pulse

-I went with Thundurus because Prankster is just a great ability. Taunt and Thunder Wave are good Prankster moves, though I'm a little "iffy" on its actual attacks. I like the flinch aspect of Dark Pulse given Thundurus' speed, but Thunder is unreliable, even with the accuracy-boosting lens. But I like Thunder over Thunderbolt (with Electric Gem or something else) due to the prevalance of Water teams. That said...I'm very open to changes here.

Regigigas @ Leftovers
    Trait: Slow Start
    Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 142 DEF / 116 SpDef
    - Substitute
    - Wide Guard
    - Toxic
    - Giga Impact

-I really just wanted to give 'Gigas a try, and it's worked pretty darn well so far. He either draws all the attention away from the rest of my team (with opponents wanting to kill him before Slow Start ends), or he gets ignored until he becomes a beast. Steel types are a slight problem, but haven't really hurt me YET.

Entei @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    Adamant
    EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Flare Blitz
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Eruption
    - Stone Edge

-Entei probably shouldn't have Eruption on an Adamant nature, but it's still a decent move option I can open a battle with and then never use again. I have no other moves on my team that hit multiple foes, which seems odd, now that I think of it. I wish Entei could learn Earthquake, because I'd replace Eruption with it. Maybe Bulldoze? not as strong, no, but my team has two Levitaters, a flier, AND a Wide Guard user, so it might help.

Latias @ White Herb
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Draco Meteor
    - Recover
    - Heal Pulse
    - Psycho Shift

-I thought Psycho Shift would be more useful than it has been. Maybe I should drop it entirely for a different move or change the White Herb to a Toxic/Flame Orb? I like the White Herb with Meteor, so it'll probably be better to just replace Shift, right? But with what?

Cobalion @ Fighting Gem
    Trait: Justified
    Jolly
    EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Close Combat
    - Sacred Sword
    - Helping Hand
    - Iron Head

-I feel weird having two pure physical Fighting type moves on Cobalion, but sometimes I want to kill a foe without losing DEF/SpDef, so I kept Sacred Sword. I'm open to changing it, though.

NOTES: I generally open Azelf - x - Regigigas, with x usually being either Entei or Thundurus depending on what my opponent's team looks like (i.e., whether I need a Prankster Taunter or physical force). Azelf is a TERRIFIC lead in Triple Battle, and Regigigas just stinks if not sent right out. After starting mostly with Entei, I've been leaning towards more Thundurus lately.

The reason I'm not using Terrakion is because I don't have a flawless/near-flawless version of it, so that's why I'm going with his slightly watered-down cousin Cobalion. Still, Cobalion has been a MONSTER for me lately, so I don't regret it. Its speed and attack are great.

I have EV trained a few other flawless legends (Registeel with Stealth Rock/Thunder Wave, a Calm Mind mesprit, and an attack-oriented Regirock that I keep considering replacing Cobalion or Entei with), and am open to training up some others to perfect this team.
    Last edited by Sid87; 6th December 2012 at 8:18 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Wow. Thanks a bunch, everyone.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

No one here really plays triples so well, that I am assuming so I can't really help.

On latias I suggest running a haban berry and running the EVs: 252 HP 132 SpA 124 SpD

It lets it tank a draco meteor dragon gem from a timid latios and lives a bug buzz from a +1 timid volcarona.

Credit to me