View Poll Results: Will you be participating?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Don't forget to fill in the registration form!!)

    43 84.31%
  • Maybe

    4 7.84%
  • No

    4 7.84%
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 671

Thread: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Im glad so many people from the Autumn Friendly are here xD
    I've already regitered, now it time to train my team xD

    OT: KuzKan
    Gender: Male
    Trainer Sprite: Breeder
    Friend Code: 0906 0885 3154
    Location: Portugal
    Message: What is your favorite pokemon?
    Team: Politoed; Kabutops; manectric; metagross; breloom; yanmega
    Might change this team, idk if it will work or not :/

    Good luck guys!
    :O i remember you from the friendly,

    I can't believe I have met more Marylanders than I thought.

    I hope I get to at least battle one of you guys.
    \

    It happened in the friendly, maybe it might happen to someone again.





  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    :O i remember you from the friendly
    I remember you too xD
    Unfortunetly i didnt have the chance to play against someone from serebii in the last friendly, let see if its possible this time xD
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England - United Kingdom
    Posts
    218

    Default

    I would like to try, but preparing competitive pokes takes so long and I don't really have time. I have a few, so I might just some together and enter but I've never played doubles competitively (not even in the subway or pwt), so it'll just be a pokemon that were prepared with singles in mind.
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

    Friend Safari: Psychic

    Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Now that i have time to post this...

    OT: Andrew
    Gender: Male
    Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
    Friend Code: 2323-4368-2348
    Location: Pennsylvania
    Message: I never miss WINS. It's part of what I do every day.
    Team: N/A

    Me and my one friend are doing this, but we both hate teambuilding and basically have no idea what we're doing for now. Guess I gotta figure out something in 4 days huh?


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    OT: Zachmac
    Gender: Male
    Trainer Sprite: Breeder
    Friend Code: 3826 6350 3103
    Location: Arizona, Unite States.
    Message: GARBODOR bothers me.
    Team:
    The last member has yet to be decided. To bad I don't have a good ditto to IV breed Bronzong, then I'd definitly be using that over Cofagrigus.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 10th December 2012 at 5:10 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Now that i have time to post this...

    OT: Andrew
    Gender: Male
    Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
    Friend Code: 2323-4368-2348
    Location: Pennsylvania
    Message: I never miss WINS. It's part of what I do every day.
    Team: N/A

    Me and my one friend are doing this, but we both hate teambuilding and basically have no idea what we're doing for now. Guess I gotta figure out something in 4 days huh?
    If you need a good team idea try Hydreigon partnered with Meatgross, McDanger told me it does very well, and i tried it, it was a quick team but effective.

    The other two members have yet to be decided. To bad I don't have a good ditto to IV breed Bronzong, then I'd definitly be using that over Cofagrigus.
    I can provide you with a flawless japanese ditto for free if you want it.
    Last edited by Cryssy; 10th December 2012 at 4:14 AM.





  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    If you need a good team idea try Hydreigon partnered with Meatgross, McDanger told me it does very well, and i tried it, it was a quick team but effective.


    I can provide you with a flawless japanese ditto for free if you want it.
    i can try it, im figuring im more of a goodstuffs person because weather is too boring now and im pretty much straight up offense xD. Thanks for the suggestion!


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    i cant decide on my team >:
    I gotta decide between a Rain team, a sand team, or a sand + tailwind.... i wanted the last one but i cant fit any watter or grass moves in there ><

    EDIT: well i've decided i guess... i'm hopping that i'll achieve much with this team since it kinda experimental even with some pretty strong pokes but whatever, i kinda like it so if it doesnt work i'll mess with it after the tournament to improve it
    Last edited by KuzKan; 10th December 2012 at 8:27 PM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    i can try it, im figuring im more of a goodstuffs person because weather is too boring now and im pretty much straight up offense xD. Thanks for the suggestion!
    You're Welcome!


    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    i cant decide on my team >:
    I gotta decide between a Rain team, a sand team, or a sand + tailwind.... i wanted the last one but i cant fit any watter or grass moves in there ><

    EDIT: well i've decided i guess... i'm hopping that i'll achieve much with this team since it kinda experimental even with some pretty strong pokes but whatever, i kinda like it so if it doesnt work i'll mess with it after the tournament to improve it
    Good luck, speaking of rain i hope i dont see too much rain this tourney, as i can't tell you how much rain i've battled this past month alone. >_<





  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Good luck, speaking of rain i hope i dont see too much rain this tourney, as i can't tell you how much rain i've battled this past month alone. >_<
    Yeah i know the feeling, despite i only played doubles in the last friendly and anywhere else i've played agains a lot of rain too thats why i chose not use one xD i mean i've pondered about it bet meh droped off the idea xD
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    rain is usually common because it is easy to use. but against very experienced players they serve no point.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fluttershy's Cottage
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    OT: Marbi Z
    Gender: Male
    Trainer Sprite: Breeder
    Friend Code: Check my sig!
    Location: Pennsylvania USA
    Message: I love Lopunny! I love Gardevoir too!
    Team: My White 2 Team! (check my sig!)
    If you encounter me in this tournament be sure to PM or VM me!
    .
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    I think i'm probably going to do the hydreigon/metagross thing, as well as hitmontop since I used him in the last VGC-style tournament held on the GBU. Debating on thunderus-t and other pokes though :/


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fluttershy's Cottage
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I think i'm probably going to do the hydreigon/metagross thing, as well as hitmontop since I used him in the last VGC-style tournament held on the GBU. Debating on thunderus-t and other pokes though :/
    You should really try to go in with a rouge team and not just some cheap done to death smogon team...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    You should really try to go in with a rouge team and not just some cheap done to death smogon team...
    I haven't battled all that seriously in forever, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not trying to do much of a cheap team, because I never liked that when i played OU a lot anyways xD. I just need somewhere to start and then i'll be able to tweak from there hopefully, because quite frankly i don't wanna use thundurus all that much D:. Main reason I'm not using rain is because that has been done to death as most of us know xD


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    You should really try to go in with a rouge team and not just some cheap done to death smogon team...
    To be fair, people should really be allowed to use what they want, overdone or not. It's their decision alone, not anyone else's.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fluttershy's Cottage
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I haven't battled all that seriously in forever, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not trying to do much of a cheap team, because I never liked that when i played OU a lot anyways xD. I just need somewhere to start and then i'll be able to tweak from there hopefully, because quite frankly i don't wanna use thundurus all that much D:. Main reason I'm not using rain is because that has been done to death as most of us know xD
    Well... Just experiment and see what works for you. That's what I do.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Well... Just experiment and see what works for you. That's what I do.
    I used to use hail in OU, but I don't feel entirely safe coming back into battling with a playstyle that's hard enough to use as is. Just gonna use a simple team and hope for the best xD Might try to do some testing and playing around tomorrow


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I used to use hail in OU, but I don't feel entirely safe coming back into battling with a playstyle that's hard enough to use as is. Just gonna use a simple team and hope for the best xD Might try to do some testing and playing around tomorrow
    If you want we could play a match or so xD
    i havent played in doubles since the last friendly so some team testing and practice would be awesome ^^
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    If you want we could play a match or so xD
    i havent played in doubles since the last friendly so some team testing and practice would be awesome ^^
    I could probably use some practice rounds when i get the team ready, kinda just breezing through the pokedex for ideas now


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I could probably use some practice rounds when i get the team ready, kinda just breezing through the pokedex for ideas now
    I cant give any advice or even ideas about that since im not good at team building either :/ maybe watch some videos on youtube of VGC matches ant take some ideas from there maybe.
    either way if you wanna playtest and all that just pm me x)
    ill be here all week
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    I cant give any advice or even ideas about that since im not good at team building either :/ maybe watch some videos on youtube of VGC matches ant take some ideas from there maybe.
    either way if you wanna playtest and all that just pm me x)
    ill be here all week
    alright, maybe tomorrow. The best way i've learned is from failing so that's a good way to work on it i guess :P


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    alright, maybe tomorrow. The best way i've learned is from failing so that's a good way to work on it i guess :P
    indeed x)
    we still have a few days until the friendly starts so you can test some pokies and strategies until then ^^
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    103

    Default

    OT- Jamie
    Male
    Sprite- Pokemon Breeder
    Friend Code- 1206 4142 8539
    Location- Indianapolis, Indiana
    Message- That was fun! I hope we can battle again soon!
    Team- Check trainer card in sig

    This will be my first tourny so very excited! Good luck to you all!
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

    My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    79

    Default

    This is my first time competing. I'm kind of an older fellow (25yo). I just got back into pokemon ^-^. I'm gonna do a sand team and than some random **** to throw people off.

    All signed up and ready to go


    OT: Melky
    Gender: Male
    Trainer Sprite: Breeder
    Friend Code: 2108-6550-5795
    Location: Texas, United States
    Message: I win! Good Day! (pikaface)!
    Team:
    Tyranitar/Excadrill
    Luxray/Arcanine
    Gengar/Forretress.
    Last edited by Melkiah; 11th December 2012 at 7:36 PM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •