View Poll Results: Will you be participating?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Don't forget to fill in the registration form!!)

    43 84.31%
  • Maybe

    4 7.84%
  • No

    4 7.84%
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 671

Thread: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I just won my first battle! 8-1 now!

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513

    Default

    beat someone 4-0

    6-0-0





  3. #278
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    beasted someone else, 10-2 now


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Woo! Two wins in a row! I'm so lucky my Charizard was faster than a Magmortar.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    beasted someone else, 10-2 now
    How many rounds matter X.X
    I have to move tomorrow (lease ended) and I might not have a lot of time to play X.X

    Good job so far btw.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melkiah View Post
    How many rounds matter X.X
    I have to move tomorrow (lease ended) and I might not have a lot of time to play X.X
    I'm not going to be home this weekend, so basically whatever i do today, early tomorrow, and monday is all for a waste since most if it i assume be done over the weekend


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I'm not going to be home this weekend, so basically whatever i do today, early tomorrow, and monday is all for a waste since most if it i assume be done over the weekend
    Do they calculate the first rounds or just compare the total wins losses and the amounts of rounds have no influence other than increasing the sample size.

    I just finished finals this week too, Nintendo couldn't have chosen a worse day to have a wifi tournament

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513

    Default

    beat someone 4-0

    7-0-0





  9. #284
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melkiah View Post
    Do they calculate the first rounds or just compare the total wins losses and the amounts of rounds have no influence other than increasing the sample size.

    I just finished finals this week too, Nintendo couldn't have chosen a worse day to have a wifi tournament
    they calculate by the rating, win ratio has no effect. I just like looking at my win ratio more xD


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    101

    Default

    8-1 if those 3 rq hadnt quit id be 11-1 not bad I guess
    Trinity League Badges

    3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

  11. #286
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fluttershy's Cottage
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Sigh... Looks like weather teams are gonna me the Kryptonite of my team...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Sigh... Looks like weather teams are gonna me the Kryptonite of my team...
    They are for me too. I need to think of a counter.

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    they calculate by the rating, win ratio has no effect. I just like looking at my win ratio more xD
    But you could do a ranked match all year long and still get a high ranking.

    So if I built up my ranking with 500w and 0 losses before the tournament, than enter, I basically could just lose over and over and still have a high ranking and trump all..
    Since the number of rank win matches increases the ranking, I could have just done this before the tournament X.X
    is my <3
    Black 2 FC: 2108 6550 5795
    Team Luxcadrill:

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NARNIA *****ES!
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    anyways, whats better, landorus-T or special sheer force landorus-i?

    edit: I'm sorry guys, forgive me, but I must pokecheck landorus. Don't fret though, as I will release it right away
    Last edited by Angeltripper; 14th December 2012 at 4:01 AM.
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613


    Credit to Astral Shadow

    Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    anyways, whats better, landorus-T or special sheer force landorus-i?

    edit: I'm sorry guys, forgive me, but I must pokecheck landorus. Don't fret though, as I will release it right away
    I don't blame you, Nintendo put your testicles in a vice. I'd do the same thing, give them the middle finger, hack what you need, get what you need and tell Nintendo they can keep their 3DS and software.

    People having an unfair advantage because they bought a 3DS and bought DR is kind of ********.
    is my <3
    Black 2 FC: 2108 6550 5795
    Team Luxcadrill:

  16. #291
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melkiah View Post
    But you could do a ranked match all year long and still get a high ranking.

    So if I built up my ranking with 500w and 0 losses before the tournament, than enter, I basically could just lose over and over and still have a high ranking and trump all..
    Since the number of rank win matches increases the ranking, I could have just done this before the tournament X.X
    well no, the rankings only count during the tourney period. Everyone started at 1500 for this


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    well no, the rankings only count during the tourney period. Everyone started at 1500 for this
    **** I guess I better battle as much as I can before the tournament ends X.X
    is my <3
    Black 2 FC: 2108 6550 5795
    Team Luxcadrill:

  18. #293
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fluttershy's Cottage
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    They are for me too. I need to think of a counter.
    Weather teams make me wish more Pokemon had the Cloud Nine ability. It would also be nice if the affects of weather abilities weren't permanant. My brother once suggested that they should make it so that if a weather ability Pokemon gets Knocked out or is withdrawn it's weather affect ends. A major hit to weather teams but great way to balance the game as well.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Weather teams make me wish more Pokemon had the Cloud Nine ability. It would also be nice if the affects of weather abilities weren't permanant. My brother once suggested that they should make it so that if a weather ability Pokemon gets Knocked out or is withdrawn it's weather affect ends. A major hit to weather teams but great way to balance the game as well.
    I'm sorry, but weather teams just don't stack up to some other builds. There's much worse out there and singling out weather for it being OP is kind of silly.
    is my <3
    Black 2 FC: 2108 6550 5795
    Team Luxcadrill:

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Weather teams make me wish more Pokemon had the Cloud Nine ability. It would also be nice if the affects of weather abilities weren't permanant. My brother once suggested that they should make it so that if a weather ability Pokemon gets Knocked out or is withdrawn it's weather affect ends. A major hit to weather teams but great way to balance the game as well.
    That's actually a good thing your brother suggested. I now wish that could happen.

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513

    Default

    beat another person 3-0..

    8-0-0

    this is getting TOO easy..





  22. #297
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fluttershy's Cottage
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    beat another person 3-0..

    8-0-0

    this is getting TOO easy..
    A big factor is who you get matched with. Also overconfidance is the greatest enemy.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    A big factor is who you get matched with. Also overconfidance is the greatest enemy.
    lol, i know, my cockiness (hope i spelled it right.lol) has lost me a fair amount of matches before

    a battle video of my team wrecking:
    38-43200-6465





  24. #299
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NARNIA *****ES!
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    he is now gotten...I'm truly sorry anyways gtg bye
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613


    Credit to Astral Shadow

    Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    he is now gotten...I'm truly sorry anyways gtg bye
    what does that mean?
    anyhow bye.





Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •