View Poll Results: Will you be participating?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Don't forget to fill in the registration form!!)

43 84.31%
  • Maybe

4 7.84%
  • No

4 7.84%
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

And so comes the end of another great period of battling

i got a rather good 1710-20, so im happy

see you all next tourney!

Quote Originally Posted by crystalninetales View Post
    and so comes the end of another great period of battling

i got a rather good 1710-20, so im happy

see you all next tourney!
    that's a lot of battles!!! D8

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    I believe I got 1563, or something to that effect. I went 17-12. :/

Definitely not my best tournament. I need to make sure I go through and properly playtest my team prior to these tournaments. I went ahead and used the team I used last time, and obviously, the metagame has shifted and things don't quite work the same way.

That said, I enjoyed seeing the variety of teams running non-standard concepts, and them doing well. Obviously, the standard team set up did the best, especially when those standard teams weren't so standardly set up. It was an enjoyable tournament, imo, and if not for my performance, I would say this was the best Wi-Fi tournament held. I definitely saw a decrease in ragequitters, although it seems others were not quite as lucky.

Anyways, I'll be getting to all the final things in a bit. I'll be sending PMs to everyone so I can get things more easily done; I apologize for any inconvenience re-filling the forms will cause. There are 32 pages though, and the last one I had a clear view of was page 4, so it'll take even longer if I go through each page and find everything. Expect a PM sometime this week!

Good tournament guys! Also, if you enjoyed the Doubles Format, there is a Double Battle club here on SPPF, started by none other than our very own joej m. The club is called Club Double Trouble (hyperlinked so that you can get to it directly), so go ahead and join it if you would like a continued Double Battling scene. Great discussion, lots of Double Battles, and this way, everyone has a streamlined view of the chat, making it easier to hold tournaments or battles and such.

I think i might join it too hmmm
    i dont like only playing doubles at tournaments without practicing before them ><
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

i think some people only have like 20 battles and a rating of 1600 or more so what trying to say is do somebody like this gets hight overall rating compare to somebody that battle 50 with only a rating of 1500 or less . i be checking the net see how this turns out
    Hello I own Pokemon white 2 friend code 2666 9991 5159 players name Eve am looking trade here as a breeder and battler

Quote Originally Posted by Zerogamer View Post
    i think some people only have like 20 battles and a rating of 1600 or more so what trying to say is do somebody like this gets hight overall rating compare to somebody that battle 50 with only a rating of 1500 or less . i be checking the net see how this turns out
    Yeah the amount of battles dont matter much, what matters is how many you won and what your points ended up as
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

Here's the code for that battle I had earlier.

37-40961-69293

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

So, when do I get my berry?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Man, I only got a rating of 1490. I would've gotten a higher rating if my opponents didn't always ragequit on me! This tournament was a rip-off IMO.
    At least I'll still get my berry.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    Man, I only got a rating of 1490. I would've gotten a higher rating if my opponents didn't always ragequit on me! This tournament was a rip-off IMO.
    At least I'll still get my berry.
    I agree, ragequitting really sucks, I got around 5 ragequitters, i know I would of broke the 1700 mark if they hadn't done so but oh well, Nintendo should give us the win when they quit rather than just banding them
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

I'm defintly going to get a real team for next month and do better.
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    that's a lot of battles!!! D8
    lol that's my ranking, my battle count was probably around 40-50 though

Quote Originally Posted by GC7 View Post
    I agree, ragequitting really sucks, I got around 5 ragequitters, i know I would of broke the 1700 mark if they hadn't done so but oh well, Nintendo should give us the win when they quit rather than just banding them
    Except internet disconnections aren't always one purpose.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

thanks for advertising for my club justin!

EDIT: it is also drizzleboy12's club everyone, just wanna say that before he rages against me =P

EDIT 2: in the club we are gonna have a competition with special rules soon! so make sure you enter to prove your skills ^^;
    Last edited by joej m; 19th December 2012 at 1:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Except internet disconnections aren't always one purpose.
    Yeah, but these "random" disconnections only happened when I was close to winning or right after their last pokemon fainted, it never happened when I lost or it looked like I was going to lose. In a tournament it should at least count as a win, instead of nothing.

Makes me a bit unsure if I should be in the next one, especially since I spent two weeks hatching new pokemon like crazy in preparation for this one. I was pretty much "cheated" out of getting a higher rating.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

They probably can't have it like in Mario Kart Wii where you actually do lose points for disconnecting.

I didn't do too well in this tournament but I didn't cry like a baby and rage quit. I took my losses as a man! :P

I got to raise some more eggs and EV train them for the next tournament. Probably going to raise a grass or an ice type for next time.

So I didn't get points for winning that last battle (I assume) because I didn't reconnect afterward until after the tournament time was up.

Hey, at least I still have the video to prove I won...

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    So I didn't get points for winning that last battle (I assume) because I didn't reconnect afterward until after the tournament time was up.

Hey, at least I still have the video to prove I won...
    If you got to the point where you were able to save a video of the match then it counts as a win and you get points for it
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

So i was poking around on the videos, specifically searching under 'competition, manectric' and I found this....

69 42839 95362

THIS is why I hate sleep spam (when it feels like your opponents always wake up next turn, while you sleep full time)..... and now light screen....

Bleh, like the first person I know who played around sucker punch. Was fun, despite me going "why you no die already!? at the end.
    Last edited by Arande; 19th December 2012 at 1:49 PM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

ps when are we going to get the results for the winter cup rankings
    Hello I own Pokemon white 2 friend code 2666 9991 5159 players name Eve am looking trade here as a breeder and battler

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    Yeah, but these "random" disconnections only happened when I was close to winning or right after their last pokemon fainted, it never happened when I lost or it looked like I was going to lose. In a tournament it should at least count as a win, instead of nothing.
    Amen. I have encountered dropped connections at points Other than the moment after I've beaten somone maybe a handful of times in hundreds of online battles. The big change to this tournament from ones previous is that the only people I saw cheating had high ratings (1650+) and that we know they were all 'adults' because of the age tier system. Very annoying, especially as the three high ranked cheaters I beat all played really well, so not only cheated and robbed me of points, but deprived anyone of saving the (Rad) videos to a vs. recorder.

I'm going to set up my cell on a little tripod to record all of my games for the January WiFi tourney and will send PCI videos of the rage quiters. They might not do anything with it, but I'll at least feel less victimized by a video game.

Here's a video of me being wrecked by Ludicolo (and check out that Evolite Technician Scyther): 27-32199-52805
    And here's one of me getting lucky in the face of the meanest Pikachu/Staraptor leads ever: 26-72323-23958
    Last edited by EthanZ; 19th December 2012 at 10:33 PM.
    3DS Y FC: 0173-2619-6581
    Safari: (Fire Type): Ponyta, Pyroar, Fletchinder

White 2 FC: 3311 2444 5626
    White FC: 0346 9858 7110

Brand new to this forum. I'm a little older than the average Pokemon player, I stopped playing for about 5 years but started again when White/Black came out last year. I did OK considering I am not a hardcore player and had never competitively battled before. I entered just to learn from other trainers. Think I ended up in the mid-1400s after about 30 battles or so. This was my last battle:

15-61212-11028

Wait a moment, I just did a search, and masters division is apparently for ages 16 and up, yet I'm not turning 16 until June....was it different for this tourny? Because I'm certain I was in the masters division.

...Well, not that I mind fighting older players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Wait a moment, I just did a search, and masters division is apparently for ages 16 and up, yet I'm not turning 16 until June....was it different for this tourny? Because I'm certain I was in the masters division.

...Well, not that I mind fighting older players.
    People born in 1997 or before were placed in masters for this tourney
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    People born in 1997 or before were placed in masters for this tourney
    Ah, okay. I just read 16 or older.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast