View Poll Results: Will you be participating?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Don't forget to fill in the registration form!!)

43 84.31%
  • Maybe

4 7.84%
  • No

4 7.84%
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

Been in the 1600's for a day now
    Luck got me out of this one
    66-52220-98546

Quote Originally Posted by Morpher01 View Post
    I'm battling KuzKan right now...he uses a Sunny Day team, I'm using a Hail team...

Obviously, I'm getting my butt kicked.

EDIT: Just lost. Well, at least I took out his Darmanitan before his Victreebel killed Mamoswine with Leaf Storm.
    Oh it was you? awesome x)
    you have lots of weakness towards fire :/
    but my darmanitan still wants revenge xD
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Oh it was you? awesome x)
    you have lots of weakness towards fire :/
    but my darmanitan still wants revenge xD
    I do seem to have an issue with fire, don't I? XD Honestly, I wanted to put an Ice Body Dewgong out front instead of Vanilluxe, but I don't have enough Dream Points to get one yet.

EDIT: Just looked at the page for Sparkling Sea and I need to make a correction: I have enough points for Seel. The only problem is that he WON'T FREAKING SHOW UP WHEN I CLICK STUFF.
    Last edited by Morpher01; 16th December 2012 at 1:56 AM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Hey guys I've posted my video from the match with Adam 69-36126-26710

He is 1700+ and I was at 1550ish if I remember, so I was really happy with the win.
    I'm running the All Shiny Sand team. (All lovingly RNG'd by my own fair hands)

Even though I know I won't win, I guess this is good practice for future tournaments...I'll keep going, just to see what adjustments I should make.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Ok I'm slow on this one. I take it that this one is different than the one currently running?? Cause I'm gonna need more time to get a better team together. My good stuff team is getting killed....
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Ok I'm slow on this one. I take it that this one is different than the one currently running?? Cause I'm gonna need more time to get a better team together. My good stuff team is getting killed....
    A different tourny? No, it's just this one now.

There is a Christmas tourny for everyone with the Japanese games that you can sign up for now, but it hasn't started. There will also be an international tourny in January.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

I'm just 11 battles away from a grand total of 100 battles. The only problem is that I'm pretty sure most of those battles were ones I lost.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Hello, I am streaming again at http://www.twitch.tv/kickataz. Come watch!
    2012 Wi-Fi International Challenge Champion
    2011 East Regional VGC Seniors Champion
    2011 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion
    2012 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion

Bah, I give up for now...I tried to hop back into the tourny, but I got haxed out of almost all of those battles, giving my score a massive blow to the face.

A Ferrothorn with Thunder...it wasn't even in the rain, and the person who used it clearly didn't understand STAB, because it kept using it against my paralyzed Dragonite, even when it knew flash cannon...

I'm not even going to bother with this tourny anymore. If I quit and pull my team out now, will I still get the berry?

I don't know if I'll be able to battle anymore in this tourny. Very busy day tomorrow and I had a poor showing. I'm gonna have to complete BW2 to get ready for the one next month
    Old Man
    Fairy Safari

I don't know if I'll be able to battle anymore in this tourny. Very busy day tomorrow and I had a poor showing. I'm gonna have to complete BW2 to get ready for the one next month
    :O i think i remeber you from PK or EE..
    anyhow, finally got that 1740s ranking *awesomeface*

I haven't even reached 30 battles yet (I'm at 29), and already, I'm at 1728 points. I think there was a bit of an error with the system, though. For some reason, when I clocked out and lost to this guy that was using a Bulk Up Shed Skin Rest Scrafty, I don't think the point loss was recorded. Weird.

Anyway, it's good to see you two here, Cybertron and Zachmac. I hope you all have been having good fortune in your battles and with your point count.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Anyway, it's good to see you two here, Cybertron and Zachmac. I hope you all have been having good fortune in your battles and with your point count.
    Actually, my score has taken a horrible turn for the worse. I changed my mind about quitting, and I guess I'll try and fix it tomorrow, but I won't really get any score worth bragging about until I have a real team in the January tourny, rather then using 4 pokemon who had been trained for singles.

Hmm...It seems that we're reaching that point in the tourney where all of the low-level players are scrambling for their points.

Attention! If you are currently past the 1700-point mark, do not fight in the tourney anymore! I repeat! Do not fight in the tourney anymore if you are past the 1700-point mark!

But seriously, if you are past that marker, now might be a good time to opt out and wait for the results. All you need to do is get in the Top 128 to win Championship points, and considering how common the guys below 1600 are becoming, you might be better off not risking the bad luck that is bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    :O i think i remeber you from PK or EE..
    anyhow, finally got that 1740s ranking *awesomeface*
    PK or EE??? You lost me on those... I've only been on nintendoworld, smogon but mainly here. This is my first home and best one Eventhough I'm not as active as I once was. Held the Dragon GL spot here for a while and even was one of the first Frointer Brains. But Anyhoo hey how you doing!!!!!
    Old Man
    Fairy Safari

PK or EE??? You lost me on those... I've only been on nintendoworld, smogon but mainly here. This is my first home and best one Eventhough I'm not as active as I once was. Held the Dragon GL spot here for a while and even was one of the first Frointer Brains. But Anyhoo hey how you doing!!!!!
    I think Ninetales is talking about other tournaments.

I really hate RQ,, around 12 times I been RQ'd,, I'm affraid I get disqualified.. so bastard those people.. what a coward.. anybody get RQ'd often?
    simply Pokemon lover

looking for these FS:

steel klang

FC: 1246-8803-7575
    safari type, fire, braixen, pyroar, ponyta..

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    beat someone called matt 2-0

14-2-0
    That might have been me, what was the team?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

And I thought my team wasn't good but these teams I've been facing I don't know. But those rains teams got me locked down making me want a Politoed, so is anyone willing to trade or EV Train one for me maybe we can work something out PM or VM

I just broke 1800!!!

Credit to me

Chuc cuoi tuan vui ve va hanh phuc
    Dung quen tiep tuc dong gop cho dien dan cua chung ta nhe
    Rat mong cac bai viet thu vi hon cua cac ban

Well thats a fun start today. another 1750 RQ's on me, then I lose to spore spam. Feel like the only one that doesn't dot hat, ah wel, should stop being nice.

As for the RQ, meh, will see if I get my points anyways in a few minutes. Doing more after breakfast of course.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    Well thats a fun start today. another 1750 RQ's on me, then I lose to spore spam. Feel like the only one that doesn't dot hat, ah wel, should stop being nice.

As for the RQ, meh, will see if I get my points anyways in a few minutes. Doing more after breakfast of course.
    Don't be surprised. We're starting to get to that point in the tournament where people with high rankings (likely 1700 or higher) are going to D/C often in order to preserve their ranking. If you're going to continue, it's going to be very dangerous, for the only opponents that are going to be fair are the ones that are below the 1600-point mark. If you want to stop battling, now would be a good time.

Funny you say that. After losing to luck hax (That feel, when flinching twice in a row prevents you from killing an opponent twice) i ran into two peolpe with 1750 I beat and didn't RQ, even more surprisingly since I was expecti one of em to RQ cause he brought a lv 1 aron to do the troll thing. Of course after posting this, my next 3 opponents will RQ XDah well, 10-2 with 2 RQ against me so far.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast