View Poll Results: Will you be participating?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Don't forget to fill in the registration form!!)

43 84.31%
  • Maybe

4 7.84%
  • No

4 7.84%
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    Funny you say that. After losing to luck hax (That feel, when flinching twice in a row prevents you from killing an opponent twice) i ran into two peolpe with 1750 I beat and didn't RQ, even more surprisingly since I was expecti one of em to RQ cause he brought a lv 1 aron to do the troll thing. Of course after posting this, my next 3 opponents will RQ XDah well, 10-2 with 2 RQ against me so far.
    Were you winning against both of those 1750 people?

hmmm 30 battles and exactly 1500 points lol. I did (relatively) well to begin with, got close to 1600, then had a bit of a losing streak. Gonna try and get ~1550 before midnight
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

I have now reached 100 battles.

...and yet my rating is still about 1488.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

ARRRGH! That last one was nasty....
    Just woke up and decided to do a few more matches. Won the first two but the last was just a gut-wrencher. It was Sableye, Dusknoir, Lickilicky, and Gastrodon vs. Zapdos, Garchomp, Cressellia, and I don't know what the last one was. EVERYTHING that could go wrong did. Sableye's WoW missed the first turn, Garchomp got a critical hit on my Dusknoir, allowing Zapdos to KO it whereas it would have very likely survived both hits if not for that crit, Sableye kept getting fully paralyzed, and I think the opponent got another critical in too. Sheesh. I don't mind a bit of hax here and there, but that was just nuts!

Oh well. The first two matches were good. And I did get a bit of my own hax in the first match, on the last turn, my Lickilicky managed to pull off 2 protects in a row, making his Mienshao kill himself while Dusknoir punched out his Volcarona.

And the second one was awesome! There was hax, again, but it was on both sides that that evened things up. The real reason the opponent lost was because they started waffling between which 'mon they should concentrate on. Well, that and the fact that all of my Pokemon are just so darn bulky. ;D Just had to upload that one:

40-65422-85225

Does anyone else think that the restrictions on how many battle videos you can have completely sucks?

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    hmmm 30 battles and exactly 1500 points lol. I did (relatively) well to begin with, got close to 1600, then had a bit of a losing streak. Gonna try and get ~1550 before midnight
    I only had about 31 battles, and I already got to 1743. I think I'm around 27-4 in my win/loss record.

Yeah, I beat them both as I said. One did come down to that '1v1 left, both poke in bad situations, go time now" (he had ttar out in the sand with protect and full health, but was encored into it. My 'toad only had ~40 HP left) It literally was "if this protect works, I lose, if it doesn't, I win" Anyways, more after lunch probably. Nowhere near my last tourney rating, to be expected since I ahd NO RQ against me int hat one.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Yeah, I beat them both as I said. One did come down to that '1v1 left, both poke in bad situations, go time now" (he had ttar out in the sand with protect and full health, but was encored into it. My 'toad only had ~40 HP left) It literally was "if this protect works, I lose, if it doesn't, I win" Anyways, more after lunch probably. Nowhere near my last tourney rating, to be expected since I ahd NO RQ against me int hat one.
    So, how many points do you have now?

only 1590 without updating the last one :/ Really should have started on Thursday instead of yesterday, but meh, end of semester class work said hi.

only 1590 without updating the last one :/ Really should have started on Thursday instead of yesterday, but meh, end of semester class work said hi.
    Ouch...so I'm guessing that you're in the Seniors Division. I'm in the Master's division and I'm loving it (to an extent). Why is it that people always want to RQ when they get around the second half? I've been having some really good luck, but that's probably because I haven't run into any Rain teams yet. What are the odds that I would run into ZERO Politoeds?

Bleh, every time people bash rain teams, I remember being laughed at and ridiculed for trying rain and TR doubles back in early 4th gen. Heck, depending how long stuff lasts in archive, I can probably dig up an old post I made in the 4th gen competitive forum where I was promptly replied to with things like "TR, competitive, choose one". Anyways.

Actually I'm in masters O.o I did have a few matchups against lower ranked players, one was at 1215. Not trying to sound mean, but I do wonder if there are some younger players that put an older age for themselves.

Bleh, every time people bash rain teams, I remember being laughed at and ridiculed for trying rain and TR doubles back in early 4th gen. Heck, depending how long stuff lasts in archive, I can probably dig up an old post I made in the 4th gen competitive forum where I was promptly replied to with things like "TR, competitive, choose one". Anyways.

Actually I'm in masters O.o I did have a few matchups against lower ranked players, one was at 1215. Not trying to sound mean, but I do wonder if there are some younger players that put an older age for themselves.
    It might be, but it also might be that you're running into a bunch of players who played a lot back in the R/B/Y days, didn't play much for a few years, and are only recently back into the game. Or it could also be that a lot of people still haven't finished B2/W2 (I haven't, and a lot of people I've spoken to are moseying through it too. I just traded over some of my battle-ready 'mons from White for this.) and are just throwing their in-game teams into the competition for fun or for the Custap berry. I've run into a pile of in-game teams myself.

My Youtube battle videos

I am suppose to be in seniors but they put me in masters for some reason>_< But I'm doing fine with a rating of 1809

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    It might be, but it also might be that you're running into a bunch of players who played a lot back in the R/B/Y days, didn't play much for a few years, and are only recently back into the game. Or it could also be that a lot of people still haven't finished B2/W2 (I haven't, and a lot of people I've spoken to are moseying through it too. I just traded over some of my battle-ready 'mons from White for this.) and are just throwing their in-game teams into the competition for fun or for the Custap berry. I've run into a pile of in-game teams myself.
    I dunno. Like I said, I don't wanna sound mean or uppity. At the same time I don't like beating less experienced players. The kind that go to thunder your 'toad when manectric is out, 4 times in a row...

Then again that's probably the long standing issue witht he matchmaking. Why is it matching a 1215 with a 1570 to begin with?
    Last edited by Arande; 16th December 2012 at 3:48 PM.

Then again that's probably the long standing issue witht he matchmaking. Why is it matching a 1215 with a 1570 to begin with?
    because the people at nintendo have a funny sense of humor,lol

I dunno. Like I said, I don't wanna sound mean or uppity. At the same time I don't like beating less experienced players. The kind that go to thunder your 'toad when manectric is out, 4 times in a row...
    4 times? That's pretty sad. Inexperienced or not, that's pretty sad. They must not have been paying attention to the message at the bottom and thought it was just missing. I have seen people do that, just blitz through a battle without actually reading the messages.

It is best to battle people who match your skill level. That's why I was so happy with that last battle I posted. Both of us seemed to be pretty much on the same page, and it could have gone either way. Those are always the most fun. But, when I do come against someone who can't tell the difference between Dark Void and a hole in the ground, I just tell myself that I'll probably run into a few crazy-competitive teams I can't beat soon after and everything will be evened out again. n_n

My Youtube battle videos

Its a bit sad that everyone i play against now above 1700 all have pratically the same teams lol...
    Oh the fun...
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

I am so glad I picked my Blissey it has been the saving grace in nearly all the battles I've won. I picked a terrible team, I rushed and didn't really think about it. I just had the most tense battle involving Blissey trying to fend off a Latios and a Heatran, it went on for a while haha. Here it is 12-94845-87121!
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

Well I haven't done any battles for 2 days now, eh I got a bit bored, maybe I'll do a couple more later on,
    Hope everyone is doing good
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

44 30008 76256

I wish you could send people some message, like good game. or something, when you want to thank them for not rage quitting. Was an interesting match. I've had a few matches like this where I think they expected me to be a typical rain team. Yay fighting without it. Not sure if it's hax or not when his thunder missed, then turned around and crit my 'croak that would ahve survived.
    Last edited by Arande; 16th December 2012 at 4:41 PM.

Going home tonight, now i get to play an all night game of catch up since i'm never home on the weekends for these things >.<

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Heh, the team I'm using is quit literally half baked. It's so good against certain team types it crushes them like a close combat to a Blissey, but so bad against others I lose to people down in the 1,400s.

It's not even all that gimmicky. It's just only halfway prepared. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'll ever break it into the 1,800s, even with a fully prepared team, but I do think that the team I'm using is kind of funny. For the most part, it's keeping me at a dead 1,500.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I'm starting to feel a bit like my MoxieMence now that I've got a winning streak going.
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Keep winning some close ones.
    28-22011-80897

I'm getting some good wins and some bad loses, but the win/loss ratio is still fairly good and I'm ranked above 1650 which is good for me, especially with all those pro goodstuff teams (aka Tyranitar & Friends) around.

Lost a match in which I left his Zapdos with 1% HP left and he OHKOed me back which was really annoying --' But then next match I won 4-0 without letting any attack from my opponent ^^

I'm quite happy with my team since I've already defeated some high 1700's with a non-standard and custom team. I'll keep getting experience to increase my prediction skills so I can win even more matches.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W55 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

79 75229 31214

A bit of an annoying match. my only two losses have been because of sleep spam, so was rying to not let it happen again.

14-2 at about 1644. Part of me wants to keep going to get higher, the other part is curious about how many points I need now that the tourneys are split among the age brackets.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast