View Poll Results: Will you be participating?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Don't forget to fill in the registration form!!)

43 84.31%
  • Maybe

4 7.84%
  • No

4 7.84%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle: The Wi-Fi Tournament Discusion Thread

They should really enforce sleep clause, argh the battle I just had... I came so close to rage quitting
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Decided to end with a 1452 rating. And a total of 57 battles. Not bad considering I had to work 3 of the 4 tournament days.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    They should really enforce sleep clause, argh the battle I just had... I came so close to rage quitting
    First they need to fix their rating system. No matter what happens, I can't make heads or tails of it. If I just got points for winning and lost points for losing, then I could make sense of it. But the rating points are extremely fickle, and sometimes it gives me points for losing and takes points for winning. Uh...what?

Okay, you know what? I'm not even going to try anymore. I should (emphasis being on "should") have above 1500 points, and that's probably good enough for me. Maybe next tournament I can use a team that won't die because the ever-popular Heatran, Tyranitar, and Volcarona show up. XD
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpher01 View Post
    First they need to fix their rating system. No matter what happens, I can't make heads or tails of it. If I just got points for winning and lost points for losing, then I could make sense of it. But the rating points are extremely fickle, and sometimes it gives me points for losing and takes points for winning. Uh...what?

Okay, you know what? I'm not even going to try anymore. I should (emphasis being on "should") have above 1500 points, and that's probably good enough for me. Maybe next tournament I can use a team that won't die because the ever-popular Heatran, Tyranitar, and Volcarona show up. XD
    Have you won several times in a row? It does take time for the ratings to appear on the server you know.
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    PM or VM me!

This is my first online tournament, is RQing really this common? Wouldn't have expected such poor sportsmanship. It seems nearly every time I'm in a position to beat someone with a high rating they disconnect before the match can transmit. Oh well, I'll have to give it another go next time I suppose.
    Pokemon White FC: 3782-8362-9504
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1120-8033-6283
    3DS FC: 0130-2567-2347

Quote Originally Posted by mrsora View Post
    This is my first online tournament, is RQing really this common? Wouldn't have expected such poor sportsmanship. It seems nearly every time I'm in a position to beat someone with a high rating they disconnect before the match can transmit. Oh well, I'll have to give it another go next time I suppose.
    Ironically of my 60 battles only 3 ended in my opponent RQing. It all depends on who you get matched with and sometimes your gonna get matched with a jerk who hates to lose.
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Morpher01 View Post

It probably works in the same way as the Pokemon Online Rating System. When the number of points that can possibly be gained is added to the number of points that can possibly be lost, it should add up to 32 (i.e. +17/-15 or +27/-5).
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Well that didn't go well for me. I was at 1688 hoping to get to 1700 and managed to lose 7 battles in a row cos I kept getting matched with people in the high 1700's and even one over 2000!!!
    Won a couple of low levels and now I've ended up at 1611
    Absolutely gutted.

I've oscillated between 1500-1600 the entire tourney, currently at 1532 so I'm hoping to climb my way up during the last 45mins. That is if WFC can find me an opponent

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

I'm calling it quits now after 25 battles because I'm quite confident I should be mid-to-high 1600s now. The last battle I just had was the most nail-biting battle I have ever played.

I was at 1632 going in, and I got matched up against someone named Shoko who was in the 1800s, over 200 points higher than me.

My team for the battle was Conkeldurr/Krookodile/Landorus/Volcarona and hers was Thundurus/Scrafty/Cresselia/Rotom. I don't even know yet how I managed to win this, though I did get an amazing run of luck with Rock Slide flinches.

I'll have the video up later.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

well my terrible wifi just kept me from an hour of battling >.<

*credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff, Ex for team banner*

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Just broke 1900 ^_^
    Awesome, I hope once the friendly is over we can have a battle it would be pretty cool,
    Trinity League Badges

i wanna battle some peoples too!
    i got 186X (dont know the last one... >.>)
    but anyway had an awesome battle for the last battle! imma post the number tonight. :3

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    i wanna battle some peoples too!
    i got 186X (dont know the last one... >.>)
    but anyway had an awesome battle for the last battle! imma post the number tonight. :3
    Pretty cool with several people breaking the 1800 mark, wish I would of had more time for this tourney :/ oh well next time Iguess
    Trinity League Badges

what did you get?

Seems like i'm finishing this around 1710 (thanks wifi for not working all afternoon...). At least i did significantly better than autumn friendly, even with not being home saturday and sunday. Not sure I'll be making the top 140 some though :/

*credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff, Ex for team banner*

I'm on the "searching for you opponent" screen, will it find one even though the tournament's now over?

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

how do you get the berry?

how do you get the berry?
    If it's like the mice berry that was released for a Japanese tournament a while back then you should receive it in the dream world (I don't know when though). Remember to plant them and share! (They take 6 days to grow in the dream world, but they are excellent if you need money as you can sell them for 30000 each. Part of the reason why I bothered EV training and entering is because of the money I had raised from micle berries allowed me to buy loads of vitamins and use the gym in join avenue)

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    If it's like the mice berry that was released for a Japanese tournament a while back then you should receive it in the dream world (I don't know when though). Remember to plant them and share! (They take 6 days to grow in the dream world, but they are excellent if you need money as you can sell them for 30000 each. Part of the reason why I bothered EV training and entering is because of the money I had raised from micle berries allowed me to buy loads of vitamins and use the gym in join avenue)
    Yikes. That's a lot of money.

I guess those'll be just about the only things sitting in my garden then.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 18th December 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

what did you get?
    I only managed to get around 1670 with only competing the first day
    Trinity League Badges

I finished and got 1920 by the end ^_^

Credit to me

when do we get the berry?

Quote Originally Posted by Comek525 View Post
    when do we get the berry?
    I think when the results are announced, but you'd need to ask someone who recieved the micle berry from the japanese all star cup in september. I logged into the DW earlier to see if I'd received but it was being weird and I couldn't do anything

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

I believe I got 1563, or something to that effect. I went 17-12. :/

Definitely not my best tournament. I need to make sure I go through and properly playtest my team prior to these tournaments. I went ahead and used the team I used last time, and obviously, the metagame has shifted and things don't quite work the same way.

That said, I enjoyed seeing the variety of teams running non-standard concepts, and them doing well. Obviously, the standard team set up did the best, especially when those standard teams weren't so standardly set up. It was an enjoyable tournament, imo, and if not for my performance, I would say this was the best Wi-Fi tournament held. I definitely saw a decrease in ragequitters, although it seems others were not quite as lucky.

Anyways, I'll be getting to all the final things in a bit. I'll be sending PMs to everyone so I can get things more easily done; I apologize for any inconvenience re-filling the forms will cause. There are 32 pages though, and the last one I had a clear view of was page 4, so it'll take even longer if I go through each page and find everything. Expect a PM sometime this week!

Good tournament guys! Also, if you enjoyed the Doubles Format, there is a Double Battle club here on SPPF, started by none other than our very own joej m. The club is called Club Double Trouble (hyperlinked so that you can get to it directly), so go ahead and join it if you would like a continued Double Battling scene. Great discussion, lots of Double Battles, and this way, everyone has a streamlined view of the chat, making it easier to hold tournaments or battles and such.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast