Thread: Terror of the Desert (A Sandstorm OU RMT)

Default Terror of the Desert (A Sandstorm OU RMT)

(I'm not actually good at writing hooks, but whatever) After trying sun and rain teams, (both failing miserably on the Pokemon Showdown! and PO ladder) I decided to make a sandstorm team on the spot, taking the main threats that thrive on sandstorm and combined them together, thus creating the Terror of the Desert. This team focuses on first wearing the opponent down with entry hazards and the powa of Jirachi and Gliscor, leaving Landorus and Terrakion (the two choiced monsters) to clean up the rest.
    With the strategy out there, here is the team:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 200 HP / 150 SDef / 4 Atk / 154 SAtk
    Brave Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Pursuit
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower

T-Tar should be pretty well-known with you raters out there, and the moveset is a standard one, too; straight-forward and not hard to understand :P. T-Tar kicks off the sandstorm, and is slower than all the other perma-weather summoners, so my sandstorm will always be the first one to stay in the battle, forcing the opponent to switch pokes if they want their weather on the field early. Also, with the sandstorm up, my Sp Def becomes a staggering 600+, easily tanking special based hits. Pursuit is for catching those pokemon that think can escape, and SR is to get those eary hazards up (Bye bye, Volcarona! MWAHAA). Fire Blast is for mauling those Ferros, Forres, and Scizors you tend to be quite annoying. Superpower is for dealing with other T-Tars and maybe Terra if I can survive a hit.

Forretress @ Red Card
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Volt Switch

A common hazard-setter in the OU metagame, I decided to add this little...um...(bumpy bug?) to my team. Spikes and Toxic spikes are pretty straightforward and so is Rapid Spin. The Red Card item is absolutely hilarious, as I sometimes send out my Forretress to set up hazards and the opponent has a Mence out. I take my time and start dishing out those spikes, while the Salamence Dragon Dances until its at +6, then uses a fire fang. I hand on the sturdy, and then...the red card phazes Mence out! lol. Volt Switch does ridiculous amounts of damage, but hey, even a little is better than nothing.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Roost

Probably one of the best physical walls for sandstorm, Gliscor has saved me many times; it stalled out a Tornadus-T in the rain twice! The Toxic Orb + Poison Heal gives me a good double leftie recovery each turn, and that coupled with Protect + Toxic + Roost gives me an awesome stall set. Earthquake is just to do some damage to Pokemon that I can take care of.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

Behold the first of my 2 choiced pokes, Landorus! Sand Force boosted Edgequake is actually really all I need on this poke, ripping holes through teams with relative ease. The Scarf is to give me the extra speed I need to outspeed Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T, destroying both with a Stone Edge. Superpower is mainly there for some more coverage, and U-Turn is used when I'm not so sure about my opponents choices, and to gain momentum.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Thunder Wave
    - U-turn
    - Wish

Jirachi is the god of hax, as we all know, with a crazy 60% chance of flinch with Iron Head. Mine is a specially defensive Jirachi, a good partner to Gliscor. Without the scarf, I'm almost always outsped, and thats why T-Wave is there. After T-Wave is up and running, I start spamming Iron Heads, almost always flinching the opposing poke and annoying the crap out of my opponent. Wish is to heal myself when necessary, or to heal the other members of my team.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - X-Scissor

My last pokemon, typically the last resort, and the 2nd of my 2 choiced pokes. Choice Band raises Terra's attack to sky-high levels, also ripping through teams. When teamed up with Landorus, these two monsters can destroy [I]anything[I] bar Skarmory.

Well, I hoped you liked this RMT! I think my team is pretty solid, but if you have any suggestions, feel free to comment
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Well, sand is my forté hehe, esp. defensively. First of all TTar's EVs are messed up as well EVs should be a multiple of 4. I don't really like Superpower on it as opposing Ttars will outspeed and KO with a Superpower of their own and Terrakion demolishes Ttar. You could try Ice Beam to catch Landorus/Thundurus, etc on the switch if you predict right and change your nature to Sassy. Toxic Spikes is well, not that good in this metagame with all the levitaters, flying, and steel Pokemon along with the most common spinner, Tentacruel being able to absorb TS. I'd swap this out for Gyro Ball/Payback. Then swap the nature to Relaxed. Anyways, you have an extremely huge problem with Rain teams as basically everything here is OHKOd by rain-boosted STAB Hydro Pump or Ice Beam. IMO, Celebi/Rotom-W is a must on all sand teams as a check to rain teams. Either would work over Rachi or Gliscor, Specially Defensive variants.

At school so pretty much a half rate.

Gliscor or Jirachi should run Ice Fang or Ice Punch Respectively so that you can deal with dragon types, otherwise they may be able to sweep you.

A Ferrothorn would be useful in the team to counter rain teams, as most rain teams wipe against Ferry.

That's all I'm saying for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    Well, sand is my forté hehe, esp. defensively. First of all TTar's EVs are messed up as well EVs should be a multiple of 4. I don't really like Superpower on it as opposing Ttars will outspeed and KO with a Superpower of their own and Terrakion demolishes Ttar. You could try Ice Beam to catch Landorus/Thundurus, etc on the switch if you predict right and change your nature to Sassy. Toxic Spikes is well, not that good in this metagame with all the levitaters, flying, and steel Pokemon along with the most common spinner, Tentacruel being able to absorb TS. I'd swap this out for Gyro Ball/Payback. Then swap the nature to Relaxed. Anyways, you have an extremely huge problem with Rain teams as basically everything here is OHKOd by rain-boosted STAB Hydro Pump or Ice Beam. IMO, Celebi/Rotom-W is a must on all sand teams as a check to rain teams. Either would work over Rachi or Gliscor, Specially Defensive variants.

At school so pretty much a half rate.
    Yeah, when I battled a guy on PS, he said I would get raped by Sun & Rain Teams, and I acknowledged that, but I wanted to see what would happen if I actually went up against the opposing weather team. Sun Teams were no problem as long as I kept my weather in check. Rain Teams were also not very hard to take down; for them I relied on Jirachi to dish out some damage...and Celebi? Interesting...I might try that! Thanks!

EDIT: I WILL TRY THE CELEBI
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

UPDATE: I have already tried Celebi, but it was powerless against sun teams...and the abundance of Scizors and U-Turners made it nearly impossible to use. I'm going to try Reuniclus now:
    Reuniclus @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 200 SDef / 158 SAtk / 90 HP / 60 Def
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    - Trick Room
    - Focus Blast
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Trick room Reuniclus? When you have Terrakion and a Scarfed Poke? Hell no, Heatran is the best counter for sun teams if you need to beat them, and Ferrothorn is good against rain teams.

In the end, you can rely on Chansey or Blissey to take on the special attackers in sun and rain team.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

True. Trick room wont be any fun with a scarfed mon. Also, where is your spiker?

EDIT: Oh, sorry, didnt notice forretress.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

You have nothing on your team to take Water Type attacks and, with all the Rain about, that is a big, big problem. I'd highly recommend sticking some Water Resistant Pokémon on your team, perhaps Tentacruel > Forry, SDefensive Rotom-W > Jirachi or Slowbro/Ferrothorn > Gliscor. It's a fairly large problem, so I won't suggest a specific Pokémon or set, there's lots to choose from anyway. I'll let you decide the kind of Pokémon you'd like in.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Psycho was right on the money with his rate. Keldeo will be destroying something every single time it comes in, as will SpecsToed. Rotom-W over Jirachi seems like the best choice to me, but the other suggestions are good too.
    Reuniclus is fine to use with Scarf users lol, its only supposed to use TR when it's staying in anyway.
    Foretress realllly want to have Gyro Ball. Yay, Mence got up to +6 on you and then OHKOs with Fire Blast because they broke Sturdy with Stealth Rock, and Red Card doesn't get to work. You can use it over Rapid Spin or Volt Switch or TSpikes, but if you use it over TSpikes you should really just be using Ferrothorn, because you don't need Rapid Spin that much on a team with 2 Resistant pokes and 4 neutralities.

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits: