View Poll Results: Who is the best villanous team of all?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Rocket

17 27.87%
  • Team Aqua

1 1.64%
  • Team Magma

5 8.20%
  • Team Cipher

9 14.75%
  • Team Galactic

10 16.39%
  • Team Plasma

19 31.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Evil Team is the Best of All?

Default Which Evil Team is the Best of All?

Team Rocket
    Leader: Giovanni
    Biggest Triumph: Launching a terrorist attack on Silph Co & The Goldenrod Radio Tower.
    Biggest Failure: Allowing a 10 year old into a secret hideout which was covered as a gambling facility.
    The Plan: In all Media Team Rockets main goal has been to attain ultimate power at any cost which has been shown in full swing in the Adventures Manga where they fused all 3 legendary birds, created Mewtwo, Kidnapped 2 Deoxys and used Arceus to try and create the space-time trio on the Myseri stage all of which where foiled by the protagonists of the respective series.

Team Magma/Aqua
    Leader(s): Archie/Maxie
    Biggest Triumph: Releasing the legendary Pokemon Kyogre and Groudon.
    Biggest Failure: Nearly destroying the world or in Team Magma's case attempting to erupt mount Chimney for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
    The Plan: To create a world which would be predominantly covered by either land or sea because...of reasons that aren't quite fully established. In the Adventures Manga Archie became Guile Hideout (Killing Maxie in the Process) and tried to summon Jirachi to summon Kyogre so he could summon Manaphy and presumably rule the ocean.

Team Cipher
    Leader: Grand Master Greevil
    Biggest Triumph: Completely harnessing the power of Shadow Pokemon which as a result allowed them to control the legendary Lugia as XD001.
    Biggest Failure: Dropping a highjacked cargo ship in the middle of a desert.
    The Plan: To unlock a Pokemon's untapped power by closing off all emotions and filling them with rage. The plan was create Pokemon at the Cipher Lab, Move them to the Under where they would be distributed in underground fights to test their power however this plan failed when West Snagged every last one of them. In Pokemon XD the plan was to perfect the Shadow Pokemon testing which they almost did successfully with the creation of XD001 who couldn't be purified even after being snagged except with the invention of the Purification Chamber.

Team Galactic
    Leader: Cyrus
    Biggest Triumph: Managing to control 5 legendaries (Dialga/Palkia & The Space-Time Trio) which would allow them to create a universe of their own design.
    Biggest Failure: Constantly telling the player what the next part of their plan was allowing him/her to foil it.
    The Plan: For Cyrus was to create a Universe of his own design free of weight of emotions presumably to create a world of peace. The Plan for Charon was simply to attain however many powerful Legendaries from Sinnoh he could to become all powerful like every other legitimate villain and successfully captured Giratina, Darkrai and Heatran.

Team Plasma
    Leader: Ghetsis/N
    Biggest Triumph: Summoning the Legendary Pokemon of the Tao and in the case of B2/W2 fused it to create the unstoppable Black/White Kyurem.
    Biggest Failure: Not killing the player despite having the perfect opportunity to do so and even promising to do so.
    The Plan: Initially to free the Pokemon of their trainers so they wouldn't be obligated to fight or be confined however upon learning that Pokemon being with humans is how they develop bonds N decided to disband the team. The Plan for Ghetsis was for all trainers to release their Pokemon so that when he attempted to rule the world no-one could oppose him.
    Last edited by gamer_legend; 7th December 2012 at 11:58 AM.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

I've always liked Cipher the best so yeah I like cipher.

It's hard to choose between Galactic and Plasma.

team rocket ftw! jessie meowth and james are to funny XD
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Team Rocket, without a doubt.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'd have to say Team Plasma, they resemble terrorists more than any of the others. Their use of balaclavas is another thing that helps win me. They've made the biggest cosmetic change of anything in pokemon too: from Valiant Crusaders to what I think looks somewhat like a Spetsnaz Operative.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I'd have to go with Team Cipher, though Plasma is in close second. Team Cipher seemed to have the best, most workable plan for dominating their world. Team Rocket always seemed to lack focus, in my view. They just kind of ran around doing a bunch of evil stuff and calling attention to themselves when they could have focused on just one or two things (like gambling and controlling the Pokemon black market) and quietly assumed domination that way.
    Teams Magma/Aqua and Galactic were just silly, in my opinion. I never really feared that they could actually win because their goals were so ridiculous that they'd either simply fail or they'd end up consuming the idiots who tried to bring them about. The protagonist was just there for damage control in these games, it seemed to me. The actual teams would have been destroyed no matter what.

Then came Team Plasma. Now there is a team that actually seemed like it was going about things the smart way, and it felt like they actually would win if the protagonist wasn't there to stop them. Their "official" purpose was very convincing, and at times I was even agreeing with some of their points. However, the fact that they were trying to dominate the world in B/W by using peer pressure seemed kind of...lame to me. That undermined what was otherwise an excellent team (I've not finished White 2 yet, so I don't have an opinion on how they act there)

But overall, Team Cipher was the best. They managed to stay secret and hidden until they were ready to come out and start wreaking some havoc. When they came, their purpose was clear and simple; obtain Pokemon by any means necessary and ramp up their battle prowess. Basically, they went all out for brute force and they went about it in a smart way; get better weapons. This is a far cry from the lame grunts of other regions who come at you with their stunkys and zubats; Cipher grunts not only have widely varied teams but they often have one or two of these "Shadow" pokemon that deal supereffective damage to everything. This team was scary to go up against (thanks to the Snag Machine, they could steal even from adult, veteran trainers that would otherwise be able to keep the Pokeballs safe. Even with the Snag Machine gone, they wielded some nasty Pokemon that were difficult to beat.), they were brutal (actively turning Pokemon into mindless kill-monsters so they can muscle their way into power...that's pretty heartless), they were relatively challenging, and their goal was very plausible. Best team ever, in my opinion.
    Last edited by zozo; 9th December 2012 at 1:51 AM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Team Cipher, best take over the world scheme ever.

I going with Team Rocket on this one you just can't beat the ORIGINAL Pokemon villians!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Team Galactic, mostly because I tend to agree with Cyrus in his belief that emotions are the source of strife. Plus, he ties with Team Plasma in terms of how close they were to accomplishing their respective goals.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I liked Team Rocket the best because of anime and for nostalgic reasons, but motivations wise I'd say I liked Team Plasma the most.
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Team rocket. You just can't beat the orignal
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Team rocket. You just can't beat the orignal
    So because they came first that automatically makes them the best? What kind of flawed logic is that?

Any way for me I think Team Plasma is the best, their story actually had some depth rather than the typical take over the world villain. They used means that most would not think of ex. Using and brainwashing an innocent orphan child for their own selfish agenda, all the while keeping a loyal and respectable image to the child and the public. In a sense Team Plasma was the dark truth of our world.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 9th December 2012 at 7:20 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Cipher. Cipher turned Pokemon into fighting machines. That just ain't right. Starmie was one of them. D: But, I liked that they actually did it. And mainly because I love Lovrina. :3

Cipher doesn't have Team in front of it's name. It's too cool for something like that.
    hehe

This poll misses so many evil teams... Snagem, Go-Rock, Dim Sun, Debonairs, Pinchers, Phobos...

Meh. Gala tic for me. If it wasn't only with my obsession with space, but the fact their plan was e most catastrophic, but also beause it was going to fail anyway, even if the player xouldn't stop Giratina/Cyrus.

I can't give it to Team Rocket. Your goal was to stop them getting the Master Ball. They tried to do that with Rattatas and Ekans'. I like Magma/Aqua, they were the first team to actually do something big and daring and fight for a cause. Magma just edges it for me coz Maxie is cooler

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    but also beause it was going to fail anyway, even if the player xouldn't stop Giratina/Cyrus.
    Why do so many people say this? Cyrus got pretty darn close to achieving his goal; if it was bound to fail from the beginning then there would have been no threat and, therefore, no reason to include them as antagonists.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Why do so many people say this? Cyrus got pretty darn close to achieving his goal; if it was bound to fail from the beginning then there would have been no threat and, therefore, no reason to include them as antagonists.
    Beacause his world would have had spiritanyway, as it was claimed to to be created in his image, and he himself admitted that he had spirit, and was thus incomplee.

While he might have created a new world, he would havestill not achieved his goal of a new world without spirit.

I'm going to say Team Rocket..
    They do not receive my opinionated victory because of their acheivements persay, but from the vibe they immit. I see them as 'gangster' and 'shady', which personally really appeals to me. The fact that Team Rocket murdered a Pokemon's mother which resulted in a deadly haunting proves that they are pretty dark.. for the game's material at least. I liked the simplicity of it all, mostly. It seemed like cold basic cruelty to me, nothing more. Usually the goons in all the teams are portrayed as incompetent and a bit silly throughout the story.. but, for Team Rocket's goons it is implied that they actually /killed/ something. I dunno. It makes me wonder if they overall are a bit more serious in their oppositional violence compared to the other teams' underlings.
    Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    So because they came first that automatically makes them the best? What kind of flawed logic is that?

Any way for me I think Team Plasma is the best, their story actually had some depth rather than the typical take over the world villain. They used means that most would not think of ex. Using and brainwashing an innocent orphan child for their own selfish agenda, all the while keeping a loyal and respectable image to the child and the public. In a sense Team Plasma was the dark truth of our world.
    No I mean team rocket is weird in so many diffrent ways with their attitude someyimes they can be helpful sometimes they can just be plain stupid.While the other teams have the same type of attitude if you know what I mean(Jessie,James,Meowth)
    Last edited by Shayminslicker; 9th December 2012 at 4:56 PM.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

For me, Team Plasma had the best reasons,
    but Team Galactic was like the darkest and the most evil.

I said Team Galactic because no only did they try to destroy the universe as a whole, but they got pretty close to succeeding. Also, their leader's behavior made me think he was a psychopath; he was pretty insane.

Shiny Pokemon: ♂ Rocky Horror - Hatched 8/19/14 after 600 eggs.
    Friend Safari: Rock with Dwebble, Pupitar and Barbaracle.
    Love Jurassic Park? Love to tell stories or love RPGs? Join Jurassic Park Legacy's Live the Legend RPG now, and become a legend yourself: http://jplegacy.org/ltl/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    No I mean team rocket is weird in so many diffrent ways with their attitude someyimes they can be helpful sometimes they can just be plain stupid.While the other teams have the same type of attitude if you know what I mean(Jessie,James,Meowth)
    ...I don't see how you were alluding to that with your post but whatever...

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

This is a tough one, it was either between Team Plasma or Team Galactic but I went with Team Galactic.

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast