Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will the dub reduced the gap in the anime?

Default What will the dub reduced the gap in the anime?

EDIT: The thread title says that "What will the dub do to reduce the gap in the anime?
    As you know, the Pokemon XY games will be released in October worldwide.

Now the raw and the dub have a 114 day gap. When the League ends the dub will have a 93 day gap. The Season 16 will start with no breaks in the US as I know. When the Japanese version air the movie will be 80 days of gap.

What will happen? The dub will keep the gap as it's now? The dub will make double specials to catch up? The Pokemon XY saga will air in September in Japan?

Although you can mention older dubs, the discussion is about the version that airs in the US because we know that now the US air one episode each week like Japan.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 8th January 2013 at 3:37 PM.

How is this interesting for the spoilers section where the japanese version is discussed? This is relevant for the dub only..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I'm probably guessing there will be a marathon of new episodes. Perhaps a "New Episode Each Day for a whole week" sorta thing.

I'm just hoping that they can dub that quickly without a significant drop in quality. ... Well, they usually have those two-episode previews of the next series out at the end of the old one, so I guess it's possible. It's also possible that they'll just be behind by a bit.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Yugioh GX season 4

That is all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't CN at on point marathon BF and later DP in 2006 and 2007? Maybe I'm going crazy lol Or they could just air the first 3 eps of XY as a movie like they did for DP while they finish up BW. However without knowing when BW ends it is hard to say

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yugioh GX season 4

That is all.
    The season that never was... thank you 4-Kids
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The season that never was... thank you 4-Kids
    It was all about the money for them. Going to focus only on the new.

Didn't they finish 5D at least?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post

They rushed that too if I remember correctly. They did want to go back and dub GX season 4, but I can't remember the exact reason why they couldn't. (though I think it had something to do with bankruptcy)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post

Nope. They didnt dub any of the arc cradle.

Nope. They didnt dub any of the arc cradle.
    I thought so :P Kings of rushing... that got what they deserved (they were bankrupted till around December)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I thought so :P Kings of rushing... that got what they deserved (they were bankrupted till around December)
    They probably would have ruined the epic music anyways.

They probably would have ruined the epic music anyways.
    Probably.... back to the topic at hand

I don't think Pokemon will skip an entire saga/season but they might have to do a few marathons to catch up slightly

I guess dub order will follow the same til now, one episode per week.

The 6th gen anime may debut in Jan/Feb 2014 in the US.

Wasn't the closest gap we got in Pokemon air dates between Japan & the US during the DP saga? It was during the Tag Battle arc and the 3rd/late episode had a gap between 99 days. That was the closest I ever felt we got to Japan.

I don't know how I'd feel though if the episodes all aired closer to eachother. But it would be amazing; and avoiding spoilers would be a little easier/or harder. Depending how tempting it could be.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It depends on when TPCI gets the episodes. We found out they get a few eps prior to Japan due to the current theme in the dub but no idea if those eps are dubbed prior to airing in Japan or they just have the footage but not dubbed it yet. Honestly they could air the first few eps in a row when the games are out here and then finish of Bw if they are still working on it

I never thought about that before. I don't think they will, since they're relatively close. They just need to marathon it.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    I'm just hoping that they can dub that quickly without a significant drop in quality. ... Well, they usually have those two-episode previews of the next series out at the end of the old one, so I guess it's possible. It's also possible that they'll just be behind by a bit.
    I just strongly disagree.

I just don't see it happening. They can release games worldwide, because that's just a matter of translation and the follow-up programming, and perhaps censor anything needing to be censored.

But anime requires A LOT more effort to localize, then simple translation. And simple voice acting, in fact voice acting probably is what takes the longest. They probably have to work on a few episodes a day, that could get straining, especially if they get sick or something. There are many reasons why it would take so long to localize the show.

But I suppose maybe they can show two episodes a week, and perhaps that'll help close the gap. But odds are Japan will take precedence with the anime. Which will be odd in terms of the other regions, when they have the games and the anime is still a few months away.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Well at the moment we are at episode 11 in the dub I believe?? So there is certainly a gap there. With the raw being over 10 episodes ahead, I don't think there is a way to release both anime at the same time unless there are less episodes in the N arc and a break in japan.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

You know, why don't they just show the first 4 episodes in 4 weeks or so of 6th gen (during October) (though it depends entirely on the content), and then go back to finish BW, then re-air those episode, when it gets back to that spot, and continue forward.

And the four or so episodes could just be a teaser for the next generation.

I think that could solve a lot of issues.

But then again it depends entirely ON when TV Tokyo plans to air 6th generation, and when the dub would be allowed to air the episodes.

Who knows maybe 6th gen will actually start BEFORE the games. As some introductory preview, for the games.

Maybe seeing one or two Pokémon that haven't been officially revealed yet to hype up the games.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

The dub doesn't HAVE to start the Gen VI anime when the games get released, worldwide or not.

After all, the dub of Black/White started airing a full month before the games were released in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The Pokemon XY saga will air in September in Japan?
    That's probably what will happen, actually. BW will end in September and the XY saga will begin. It's initial episodes may take time building to the new region and new Pokemon.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 9th January 2013 at 2:18 AM.

Since the games will be released worldwide, they obviously will do some kind of "New Episode Marathon" like the did with Battle Frontier to shorten the gap.

But still, the gap would be at least 10-20 episodes because even if they can localize the game at the same time, they cant dub it as fast.

Sometime in February 2014 which will be the same 4 month gap we have between original airing and the US dub right now. I really don't think they'll rush through it at all.

That tends to happen right? The new anime would begin a few weeks just before the new games are released. Since the anime does a lot of promotion for the games, it only helps increase their popularity when people start to play the games and go straight for them.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I think in the last 10 or so episodes they'll start to feature a few Gen VI Pokemon, giving one to Cilan who will likely continue onto the New region with Ash. That way they can advertise Gen VI while still airing the rest of Gen V.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast