Page 8 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    How do you know they messed up. We know nothing except a summary. Best Wishes is not a trainwreak, just because everything everypne wanted this saga didn't come true. And are you a writer, how do you know they don't care?
    Just admit it, Best Wishes is a mess. On a lot of levels, what I want don't matter because I'm not like that. A lot of unfortunate events messed up their plans and story lines and they had to make changes last minute. As I said they can't help it, they did the best they could, but Best Wishes was a sinking ship after the canceled episodes and they did all they could to save it, also with their first ever sequel Best Wishes 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Snivy in the Lucario battle? Sweet, all according to my prediction. Plus who is Swanna facing against?
    Well it's confirmed it faces Pikachu and loses, it might however battle someone else before that though.
    Last edited by FlyAsADunsparce; 7th December 2012 at 4:33 PM.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Just admit it, Best Wishes is a mess.

    Why should I? I take things with a grain of salt. Don't see me complaining. And no it is not a mess.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Sorry, but because I think (better, I'm almost sure that this scenes are from the league after his conclusion).





    Because that, the league will start at the end of the first episode of N's arc. I think that Virgil will battle Ash but the battle would be really short becaus he hasn't a break (I laugh), Ash can't change the team and because his team had a hard fight with Kotetsu, Virgil defeats them easily.
    Fer, they don't meet N at the League. There was a summary that said where Ash met N. I'll try and find it.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Youtubeland
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I think the previous episode will end with Riolu turning into Lucario and Pikachu being walloped, similar to Ash vs Trip. Then there'll be two minutes or so of Lucario vs Pikachu, Pikachu loses, Ash still somehow wins.
    Virgil begins at the end of episode, concluded in the next, meeting N right at the end of the ep.
    League conclusion! and Pikachu vs Lucario! may be completely unrelated.
    Check out my Heart Gold Nuzlocke, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2G...?feature=guide
    It's not half bad, if I say so myself.

    NEW: Started a Black 2 Nuzlocke! Watch it on my channel. Subscribe and I'll sub back!


  5. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Sorry, but because I think (better, I'm almost sure that this scenes are from the league after his conclusion).





    Because that, the league will start at the end of the first episode of N's arc. I think that Virgil will battle Ash but the battle would be really short becaus he hasn't a break (I laugh), Ash can't change the team and because his team had a hard fight with Kotetsu, Virgil defeats them easily.
    Isn't it possible the writers are actually copying the game here though.

    We know part of the N episode is him walking down some stairs.
    In the games N's Castle appears to interupt the E4 battle and stairs shoot into the stadium for him to walk up.
    So isn't it possible Ash beats Kotetsu and just before taking on Virgil his match is interrupted by N's castle appearing and N entering the stadium, followed by the scene with Pikachu etc.

    Basically the League gets postponed, which would fit with the title since that is the League's conclusion for now.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Why should I? I take things with a grain of salt. Don't see me complaining. And no it is not a mess.
    I was kinda slow editing my posts, so if you're interested re-read it, anyway it's my opinion. I'm not complaining either.

  7. #182

    Default

    Noo.... the summary said Ash was going to the White Ruins... he lost..
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

    Latios<>Latias

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    This League is honestly kinda disappointing. I mean if Ash loses to Kotetsu, then we would have only seen 3 of Ash's battles in this League the whole way through. There was Trip which was a 1 vs 1, Stephan which was a 3 vs 3 and then Kotetsu which was 6 vs 6. And that's all. Kinda underwhelming if you ask me.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonChu View Post
    Noo.... the summary said Ash was going to the White Ruins... he lost..
    Did you actually expect him to win the League? I don't think it ever was a matter of whether he'd win or not, it was a matter of who would get to defeat him.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    Isn't it possible the writers are actually copying the game here though.

    We know part of the N episode is him walking down some stairs.
    In the games N's Castle appears to interupt the E4 battle and stairs shoot into the stadium for him to walk up.
    So isn't it possible Ash beats Kotetsu and just before taking on Virgil his match is interrupted by N's castle appearing and N entering the stadium, followed by the scene with Pikachu etc.

    Basically the League gets postponed, which would fit with the title since that is the League's conclusion for now.
    Yeah, that could work too. However, they would have given a title like "Team Plasma Appears! The League is Interrupted?!" or something similar. But we all know that summaries can be deceiving some times. They could even pull a Nando with Virgil and we may see Ash and Virgil's last Pokemon fighting. I doubt that, but that's a possibility.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    I was kinda slow editing my posts, so if you're interested re-read it, anyway it's my opinion. I'm not complaining either.

    I read it. The canceled episodes have nothing to do with it and are not canceled, postponed. And how is season a sinking ship?

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Youtubeland
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Hydreigon is also in Kotetsu's first half of pokemon now, which means either Pignite or Boldore has to beat it.

    Hydreigon vs Boldore - Hydreigon
    Hydreigon vs Pignite - Pignite
    Samurott vs Pignite - Pignite recalled
    Samurott vs Pikachu - Pikachu
    Swanna vs Pikachu - Pikachu, recalled
    Ferrothorn vs Unfezant - Unfezant
    Riolu vs Unfezant - Riolu, recalled
    Riolu vs Snivy - Riolu, evolves into Lucario
    Lucario vs Pikachu - Lucario, just
    Lucario vs Pignite - Pignite
    Gigalith vs Pignite - Gigalith
    Gigalith vs Oshawott - Oshawott

    Pikachu still only gets two wins thankfully. Unfortunately, Boldore, Snivy and Unfezant don't get wins... but they can be redeemed against Virgil?
    Check out my Heart Gold Nuzlocke, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2G...?feature=guide
    It's not half bad, if I say so myself.

    NEW: Started a Black 2 Nuzlocke! Watch it on my channel. Subscribe and I'll sub back!


  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    The bad:
    1-Pika sweeps half of Kotetsu's team.
    2- Virgil battle and conclusion of Kotetsu battle will be rather crammed.
    a- Not enough Trump Card for the league .

    The ironically good:
    1-Snivy gets more and more meh by age.
    2-Virgil will end up kind of sucking for shoving Eevees into our mouths.
    3-The league is only 6 episodes, and one was mostly filler. JUST LIKE KANTO OMGWTFBBQ.(Wait Kanto was 7 episodes if you count the Moltres one. NOOO THE PARALLEL IS RUINED :c)

    The great:
    1-Shinzo Fujita, Yuji Asada and Masaaki Iwane are the cast. Fujita is good at both characterization and creating battles with good strategies, in addition to often being fond of odd tactics and imagery, making it the theoritically the best writer to handle Kotetsu, but unfortunately I haven't checked Axew Gets Lost so I can't confirm or deny whether that was true IRL. Asada/Iwane has always been a great combo, there isn't much I can add to there.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  14. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Did you actually expect him to win the League? I don't think it ever was a matter of whether he'd win or not, it was a matter of who would get to defeat him.
    Didn't think he'd win but they could have moved him up not gone backwards.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I read it. The canceled episodes have nothing to do with it and are not canceled, postponed. And how is season a sinking ship?
    They had to edit a lot of things/storylines because of the unaired episodes. Team Rocket had to become the main bad guys for the rest of the saga, as Team Plasma was never introduced. I mean didn't they re-use scenes from the TR vs TP episodes in the Therian Formes episodes? Also the edited Fishing Tournament episode airing later with a different story , things weren't supposed to go that way. Also Ash's badge case, in the beginning you could see all the outlining of the badges, Ash was supposed to challenge Drayden for his 8th gym badge, but that plan was changed because Roxie came in and the outlinings in his Badge case turned into oval shapes. I feel like there were a lot of these last-minute changes that kinda hurt the quality of the show.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    This League is honestly kinda disappointing. I mean if Ash loses to Kotetsu, then we would have only seen 3 of Ash's battles in this League the whole way through. There was Trip which was a 1 vs 1, Stephan which was a 3 vs 3 and then Kotetsu which was 6 vs 6. And that's all. Kinda underwhelming if you ask me.
    well i for one loved this league ^^ im sure this will be a really good 6v6 battle to end the league with

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Just admit it, Best Wishes is a mess.
    Nooooot a fact.

    Anyway, do people still expect N to interrupt the league? I'm still pretty sure that they aren't at the the league.

    I hope we don't have the episode ending where Ash and co. here about the White ruins, so that there could be more league stuff here.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Nooooot a fact.

    Anyway, do people still expect N to interrupt the league? I'm still pretty sure that they aren't at the the league.

    I hope we don't have the episode ending where Ash and co. here about the White ruins, so that there could be more league stuff here.
    Read my other post, I explained why I think that, and yes it's my opinion.

    Anyway I also don't think anyone is gonna interrupt the league.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Honestly, from the way the Kotetsu was built up after the last Tournament with Dawn, if Ash loses to him, I won't be all that upset.


    I would like to finally see what happens in the event of a League match draw, but I doubt that will happen here. I always pictured that off to the side a phone with a Pokeball swap machine would appear next to each trainer and they would be told to have one Pokemon sent from their reserves to battle for an extended match, so that a clear winner could be decided.


    I don't really see Ash finishing in the top 8 and regressing, as I don't compare one League to the next, as each League has presented different challenges and formats. It is interesting to note though, if Ash either finished in the top 8 or top 4 again, the only times Ash has progressed to a higher League rank is when he used a mix of his regional team and his Lab reserves. In Johto he used his Johto/Kanto mix, moved up to the top 8, in Hoenn only his regional team, he stayed in the top 8, in Sinnoh, he used a mix of his team again and advanced to the top 4, and it appears that in Unova, he won't break the top 4 with just his Unova team.
    Last edited by KKS-Lapras; 7th December 2012 at 4:56 PM.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    well i for one loved this league ^^ im sure this will be a really good 6v6 battle to end the league with
    Hmm. I wonder why you are enjoying the League so much, wingzx.

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Honestly, from the way the Kotetsu was built up after the last Tournament with Dawn, if Ash loses to him, I won't be all that upset. I would like to finally see what happens in the event of a League match draw, but I doubt that will happen here, I always pictured that off to the side a phone with a Pokeball swap machine would appear next to each trainer and they would be told to have one Pokemon sent to battle for an extended match, so that a clear winner could be decided.
    It's not even that Ash is losing to Kotetsu that makes me upset. It's how rushed this League was and how many characters got screwed over in this League. I mean what was even the point of Virgil if Kotetsu was always going to win? To promote the Eeveelutions I suppose. But look at the battles Ash had during the League. His first battle was a 1 vs 1 battle with his main rival Trip who he should have had a full battle with. The next 2 were COTD battles which were skipped over. The next was a 3 vs 3 mach against Stephan and then he had his full battle wth Kotetsu and that was it. That's 3 battles that we saw Ash have which is less than other Leagues. Some of Ash's Pokemon will probably be shown getting no wins in the League. So Ash got screwed over for only having 3 battles shown. His team got screwed over. Virgil got screwed over because we don't get to see him really have a full battle with anyone to see his battle style since his battle with Kotetsu will probably be really quick. And I don't even need to explain why Trip and Bianca, the first 2 rivals introduced in BW, were screwed over. This was a very underwhelming League.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 7th December 2012 at 4:57 PM.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    They had to edit a lot of things/storylines because of the unaired episodes. Team Rocket had to become the main bad guys for the rest of the saga, as Team Plasma was never introduced. I mean didn't they re-use scenes from the TR vs TP episodes in the Therian Formes episodes? Also the edited Fishing Tournament episode airing later with a different story , things weren't supposed to go that way. Also Ash's badge case, in the beginning you could see all the outlining of the badges, Ash was supposed to challenge Drayden for his 8th gym badge, but that plan was changed because Roxie came in and the outlinings in his Badge case turned into oval shapes. I feel like there were a lot of these last-minute changes that kinda hurt the quality of the show.
    How do you know that? Maybe they wanted to make TR main villains in Best Wishes. The fishing episode contained events of the two parter, that had to be edited. The badge case could have been a error, errors happen all the time. The quality has not been hurt, we know nothing of what they plan out. You are not a writer, you don't know anything. Two episodes that were made before the tsunami shouldn't have hurt production or the series.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    You are not a writer, you don't know anything. Two episodes that were made before the tsunami shouldn't have hurt production or the series.
    I never claimed I was and obviously that's how I feel about all of this (I even stated that), I'm just airing my opinion and that's why forums exist in the first place. Anyway, it's just my opinion, I can't find another explanation for why else this saga has been so disappointing and mediocre compared to earlier ones. And obviously production was hurt by the disaster, because editing those things and airing promos for something that didn't air costs a lot of money, they time and money in it. Also the badge case wasn't an error, it appeared multiple times, and around the release of BW2 it changed.
    Last edited by FlyAsADunsparce; 7th December 2012 at 4:59 PM.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Well... aren't you guys kind of rushing it with your thoughts? There are still chances that Satoshi ends in the top4

    This pretty much 100% confirms Satoshi is not winning the league, he either loses to Kotetsu or if he wins then loses in the next round.

    I'm not sure if Kotetsu's battle is really for the top 8 but if Satoshi loses here then writers doesn't care about development at all. I just mentioned yesterday that I'd rather him losing to Hydreigon than Eevee, but him doing worse than Sinnoh is a huge let down.

    Heck, if Kotetsu really is set to defeat Satoshi he'd damn better win this league with his overpowered pokemon and not show him lose to a gimmick eevee team. Virgil is a rescuer in the first place and next he is a battler.

    Pretty disappointed about the outcome of the league, seems that I'll never see Satoshi win a league, hopefully we'll get to see his Charizard back in the series but when that ends that will be it for me.

    Enjoy Gen6 (if that happens) you guys, cuz I won't.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  24. #199
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    I don't see why he has to outdo his Sinnoh performance. It's just like saying every team who wins a tournament has the obligation to win again all the subsequent years, and that doesn't happen. Even if he doesn't make past Top 8 this time, I don't see that as a step back, because it doesn't depend just on him.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    I never claimed I was and obviously that's how I feel about all of this (I even stated that), I'm just airing my opinion and that's why forums exist in the first place. Anyway, it's just my opinion, I can't find another explanation for why else this saga has been so disappointing and mediocre compared to earlier ones.
    Just saying 'in your opinion' don't prove anything. You say it's 'dissapointing' and 'medicre' then why are still watching this? It's not going to change and it's going to happen again.

Page 8 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •