Page 16 of 142 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think Virgil himself is like the most pointless league rival ever.
    What I really don't understand is why he was included in the downloadable PWT tournament. Bianca in the end not actually facing Ash explained her absence, yet Virgil was tossed in despite not fighting him either. It doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Really, it would kinda suck if Ash loses his FIRST and ONLY full battle in this series.
    Lol there is no if, he is.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Well on the bright side, least he didn't use his reserves and have them get horribly ruined by rushed writing.

Of course, if he had used his reserves, he would've taken this League no prob. So yeah, I guess Ash's Unova team wasn't enough. Top 8. Yeah... That is all. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai View Post
    Well on the bright side, least he didn't use his reserves and have them get horribly ruined by rushed writing.

Of course, if he had used his reserves, he would've taken this League no prob. So yeah, I guess Ash's Unova team wasn't enough. Top 8. Yeah... That is all. >_>
    Technically he did use reserves, just not lab reserves.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

League is not getting interrupted, the N arc first episode confirmed that... Ash ends up in the Top 8 again, oh joy :/
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The only times Ash ever places better than he did in his previous League rather than tying or doing worse is when he uses his reserves. What's the lesson here, Ash? You need to use your reserves!

Honestly, I don’t think Ash getting Top 8 is poor writing. Poor writing would have been giving victories with a lackluster team that he barely trains and has horrible moves.

This isn’t unexpected. Ash has been a stupid trainer ever since he went to Unova. Bad writing isn’t Ash getting Top 8. Bad writing is Ash’s skill deteriorating after he left Sinnoh. The placement at the League is consistent with the Ash that entered Unova. If he was as competent as he was in Sinnoh and had a team as strong as the ones that he built in Sinnoh and Hoenn then I would have complained but with this team, with this Ash… definitely not objecting the final result.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Honestly, I don’t think Ash getting Top 8 is poor writing. Poor writing would have been giving victories with a lackluster team that he barely trains and has horrible moves.

This isn’t unexpected. Ash has been a stupid trainer ever since he went to Unova. Bad writing isn’t Ash getting Top 8. Bad writing is Ash’s skill deteriorating after he left Sinnoh. The placement at the League is consistent with the Ash that entered Unova. If he was as competent as he was in Sinnoh and had a team as strong as the ones that he built in Sinnoh and Hoenn then I would have complained but with this team, i with this Ash… definitely not objecting the final result.
    Oh trust me, while I thought Ash would beat Kotetsu, him only placing in the Top 8 doesn't confuse me one bit. We rushed to get here and we're rushing to finish this
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

So, there's been some arguing and fighting and mean words passed around, and seriously, guys, you need to quit it.

Disagreements are fine. Voicing opinions are fine. However, if you do those things to the point of thread derailment like we saw 2 pages ago, that isn't allowed and actually causes more chaos. So, please, talk about this topic among yourselves like civil humans. Thanks.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Really, it would kinda suck if Ash loses his FIRST and ONLY full battle in this series.
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    What I really don't understand is why he was included in the downloadable PWT tournament. Bianca in the end not actually facing Ash explained her absence, yet Virgil was tossed in despite not fighting him either. It doesn't make any sense.
    Maybe Ash will still battle Trip after all. Since Pokemon always reuse "old material", we could see here something like the last episode of Johto's League:
    + At first, and mainly, we see the battle between Ash's Charizard and Harrison's Blaziken. In the end, Charizard is defeated and Harrison pass to the next round.
    + Skip in time, we see the last seconds of the next round, where Harrison's Houndoom is defeated by a Rhyhorn, eliminating Harrison from the Tournament.
    + Skip in time, we see the last seconds of the final, where the trainer that defeated Harrison wins the tournament (his Rapidash defeated a Rhydon).
    + And yet, there was enough time for the main characters to say their goodbyes.

So, now Ash could do the same stuff that Harrison in the last episode:
    + At first, the last battle between Ash and Kotetsu, where Ash wins.
    + Skip in time, last seconds of next round, where Ash faces Virgil and lose against him. To avoid repeating an old defeat, mayeb the last round is Pikachu vs Umbreon.
    + Skip in time, last seconds of the final, where Virgil wins and becomes the champion.
    + And yet, there's enough time for the main characters to say goodbye.

Well, what do you think?

So here's my personal opinion =D

Yeah, Ash is going to lose. Virgil was the red herring to throw us off of Kotetsu which was pretty creative. No one would suspect this goofy kid who tried to go to the league with seven badges, in the wrong place, at the wrong date. As far as who will win, Kotetsu or Virgil, anyone's guess. I am pretty disappointed with Best Wishes 1&2 because they did seem to rush it, but with the introduction of the N Saga, it kind of makes sense. N is pretty freakin popular among a lot of fans. So I'm assuming the writers thought that once they announced the saga, everyone would go, "OMG! N! Forget the league! I want to see this!". Unfortunately, in most cases, including mine, they were wrong. I mean, considering Ash's team, Top 8 is to be expected. I was hoping Snivy or Palpitoad would have more development before this. But considering they didn't, I kinda figured it would turn out like this. Ah well =/

P.S. The Axew episode did irritate me. I mean... WHY!? What was the point!? Just because of that I want Axew banned from the show -.- Sorry little guy, I was rooting for your evolution dream, but you wrecked the league.
    Last edited by Brydont; 7th December 2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Axew
    Some Of My Sprites <333

This isn’t unexpected. Ash has been a stupid trainer ever since he went to Unova. Bad writing isn’t Ash getting Top 8. Bad writing is Ash’s skill deteriorating after he left Sinnoh. The placement at the League is consistent with the Ash that entered Unova. If he was as competent as he was in Sinnoh and had a team as strong as the ones that he built in Sinnoh and Hoenn then I would have complained but with this team, with this Ash… definitely not objecting the final result.
    Sis, you're missing the point. Most of us aren't upset just because he lost; we're upset because he lost to Kotetsu of all people. He was a nobody with an average team and now suddenly his Riolu is evolving and he has a "secret weapon" to defeat Ash (Hydreigon). Ash should have lost to a respectable trainer like Virgil whose team was actually very well balanced and would have provided a better battle. And as I pointed out many times before, the Axew episode is what ruined this entire League. The writers obviously didn't care enough about this tournament to have one more episode of battles; that's why you see people calling this bad/poor writing. ITT, the Unova League flopped.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Technically he did use reserves, just not lab reserves.
    Pokemon in rotation are different to the reserves.. Reserves are the Pokemon he's collected in previous regions and can call upon in the tightest situations..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Pokemon in rotation are different to the reserves.. Reserves are the Pokemon he can call upon, whom are not a part of his current journey. Reserves are the Pokemon he's collected in previous regions and can call upon in the tightest situations..
    Reserves are anybody not on the core six team lol.

Wait hold up.. did Scraggy get any battles during the league? I haven't been keeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Sis, you're missing the point. Most of us aren't upset just because he lost; we're upset because he lost to Kotetsu of all people. He was a nobody with an average team and now suddenly his Riolu is evolving and he has a "secret weapon" to defeat Ash (Hydreigon). Ash should have lost to a respectable trainer like Virgil whose team was actually very well balanced and would have provided a better battle. And as I pointed out many times before, the Axew episode is what ruined this entire League. The writers obviously didn't care enough about this tournament to have one more episode of battles; that's why you see people calling this bad/poor writing. ITT, the Unova League flopped.
    I agree. We all knew Ash was going to lose but we thought it would be against Virgil, not Kotetsu. Losing to Kotetsu looks really bad on Ash because the guy is as people have said an airhead. Virgil is more mature, more experienced and older than Ash. He's the type of guy Ash usually loses to. I mean there are many MANY problems with the League besides that as well.

It's not just the league that's a flop... the whole Best Wishes Saga (seasons 1 and 2) was a giant mess. I'm losing all faith in the N arc now because of this

The Unova League was kinda flopped but Kotetsu's team seems more impressive then Virgil's team. Though we never really saw all of them in action. I also just realized that Trip and Bianca losing early was pointless since they just skipped one round completely and quickly went through another and wasted their time with an Axew episode. They could have made Ash battle everyone one round later so he wouldn't have regressed in placement, but whatever. It doesn't bother me as much now when he losses that seems to be the usual in this anime.

Reserves are anybody not on the core six team lol.
    Ash hasn't had a core team this region, he's constantly rotated everyone.

It's really a shame that Pokemon are going seemingly going to get shafted for Pikachu too.

Except Pignite, who is not known to have ever been switched out

as long as the battles done well I don't give a hoot who he loses too. >3>...Personality bias out the roof here. Konestu can think of great things when he puts his head in the game, and with his ADHD nature, I wasn't surprised at the whole swanna and sammorutt thing. Pokemon battles can easily be turned around by one pokemon, and even sweeping isn't a problem as long as ash put up a fight. The whole swanna and and sammurott thing is just exemplifying Konetsu's ability to miss things really easily.

If the battle turns out to be fine, I don't care if he loses to konestu. >3>...I'm only relatively upset that Virgil ISN'T going to battle him. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Lol constantly?? Mijumaru and Scraggy were rotated once as far as we know.

Well I wouldn't say lackluster and how are the movers horrible?

Lol constantly?? Mijumaru and Scraggy were rotated once as far as we know.
    Well it is constantly rotated, he does sort of have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    So, there's been some arguing and fighting and mean words passed around, and seriously, guys, you need to quit it.

Disagreements are fine. Voicing opinions are fine. However, if you do those things to the point of thread derailment like we saw 2 pages ago, that isn't allowed and actually causes more chaos. So, please, talk about this topic among yourselves like civil humans. Thanks.
    Hopefully all of you read this post and took it into consideration. ^

And I hope this thread hasn't been bashing posts all-throughout, but if so, well, what can you do.

Hopefully the battles here aren't rushed for my sake and I also hope that it's not too dragged out.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    as long as the battles done well I don't give a hoot who he loses too. >3>...Personality bias out the roof here. Konestu can think of great things when he puts his head in the game, and with his ADHD nature, I wasn't surprised at the whole swanna and sammorutt thing. Pokemon battles can easily be turned around by one pokemon, and even sweeping isn't a problem as long as ash put up a fight. The whole swanna and and sammurott thing is just exemplifying Konetsu's ability to miss things really easily.
    If this was AG/DP Ash... Kotetsu wouldn't even stand a chance. The mere fact that Kotetsu is both a rookie and the biggest idiot ever seen on this show... it just makes Ash's Unova Journey seem like a joke

Page 16 of 142 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast