Page 101 of 142 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    @Knux the Killer, just because this is only anime to Pokemon, doesn't mean you should force yourself tp say with something that makes you mad every day. And there will never be a anime like that overhyped trailer, people should give up about it. And that's the reason you are forcing yourself, Natural and Team Plasma? They aren't going to be the way you want them to be. Well I lack a actual computer, but I still keep up to date with the series. And what cute 'Anti Evolution' promotion, the only oones I know are the B button episode and the Everstone Piplup has and expecting Ash to have a Servine/Dewott? Face facts, it won't happen until confirmed.
    Who's mad? I'm just stating my opinion. We are in a free world of expression. Sorry if Best Wishes is not perfect animu for us, do what? Forcing myself? I guess is not a sin to recently stalk the series just because of N and Team Plasma. I'm negative about the league but I know I'm not alone in that in any aspect so why you mad? There's MANY people doing exactly the same thing. So yeah, deal with that.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    How is the league dumb just because Kot or Virgil win, elaborate? And Snivy and Oshawott are not babies and define what you believe is character development because overhyping episode N isn't going going save it.
    That still doesn't make this league's outcome any better.

This means that ash in lose league
    Duh! I started to figure this out when the Hoenn league was finished.

Argh this league is terrible. Ash is gonna lose to a scatterbrained kid... I'd rather have Trollbias. Whos with me on that one?
    Yeah but if you look back, this is just as bad as him back in Kanto losing to an alternate version of himself.

In the end of this league the only person he truly bested was Stephan. He didn't really prove himself as better then Trip through winning a 1 on 1 battle and win or lose Ash would of had the advantage in terms of number against Cameron so it makes him look bad in the end.
    Stephan was always a better battler but that doesn't mean he was stronger than anyone else. I think people are starting to see that now.

Stephan was truly the best rival. Good battle, good dynamics, logic ending.
    That's becasue he wasn't the main rival. Trip and Bianca were and they did pretty bad as rivals. This is just like Ursula all over again.

Now I know this, I hope Kotetsu doesn't win, because how dumb he acted, firstly he thought that there are only seven gym badges and now he only got five pokemon for an important battle, when having a sixth pokemon could've changed the outcome.
    Does it matter? I mean do you really care whether he wins the league or not? The point is that Ash is out, so does it really make any difference?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That still doesn't make this league's outcome any better.
    High five!
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Does it matter? I mean do you really care whether he wins the league or not? The point is that Ash is out, so does it really make any difference?
    This is pretty much how I feel. However at the same time I'm wanting Ash to win because I hope it'll go back to making people's feelings towards Cameron neutral (not minding him and those people who dislike Cameron just expressing that they don't like him for his character) like they were before those certain events of the previous episode happened. Because seriously, it's gotten ridiculous. Hardly any one is speculating this episode.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 26th December 2012 at 8:19 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think a wake up call like this for Ash is long overdue after all the times he screwed better trainers out of their more deserving wins through giving type advantage the middle finger and convenient mid battle evos not to mention even worse cases of DEM
    Just because Ash gets away with it doesn't mean that other characters should, especially if said characters don't deserve glorification in the first place. Why is cheating suddenly allowed just because Cameron is getting away with it? That's like stealing something and claiming that it's not a crime just because you didn't get caught. It's still wrong. But apparently justice doesn't exist in the Pokemon world. The police go after petty criminals like Team Rocket even though there are more heinous crimes being committed right in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Just because Ash gets away with it doesn't mean that other characters should, especially if said characters don't deserve glorification in the first place. Why is cheating suddenly allowed just because Cameron is getting away with it? That's like stealing something and claiming that it's not a crime just because you didn't get caught. It's still wrong. But apparently justice doesn't exist in the Pokemon world. The police go after petty criminals like Team Rocket even though there are more heinous crimes being committed right in front of them.
    If we look back, the Gym Leaders of this region just make the point. Apparently, the Striaton Gym does not need the triplets, Clay refuses to battle just because he's not into Revives, Skyla is a flying freak with a weird battle evaluation skill, and Roxie...well, at least she has her job in the same building. The rest of the Gym Leaders do make the effort to fight, but this being the U.S. representation of Pokemon, it paints a nasty picture.

Really wished Cheren was Ash's rival. Too bad the anime never does get this complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    It's what Ash deserves for getting away with it for four regions.

Gah the anticipation for this episode is killing me. Why does this show get breaks at incovenient times. We had a handful of fillers before the League dammit.

P.S i'd like to state that i've actually gotten over Ash losing to Kotetsu now, the battles in the League have been entertaining and Ash vs Kotetsu has been quite intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Gah the anticipation for this episode is killing me. Why does this show get breaks at incovenient times. We had a handful of fillers before the League dammit.

P.S i'd like to state that i've actually gotten over Ash losing to Kotetsu now, the battles in the League have been entertaining and Ash vs Kotetsu has been quite intense.
    It has been intense but Ash and Cameron are still to friendly. They are congratulating each other for everything the other one does. They should be more concerned on winning the battle then focusing too much on having fun. At least Pikachu vs Lucario seems more focused on action then on friendship and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    You mean Pikachu and Pignite against Hydreigon and Lucario?

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    It has been intense but Ash and Cameron are still to friendly. They are congratulating each other for everything the other one does. They should be more concerned on winning the battle then focusing too much on having fun. At least Pikachu vs Lucario seems more focused on action then on friendship and happiness.
    I agree with this, I was saying a while back that considering Ash does lose I hope he gets depressed and puts his hat down for a moment or two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    No. I mean Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Pignite, Unfezant and Boldore vs Hydreigon, Lucario, Swanna, Ferrothorn and Samurott.

It's what Ash deserves for getting away with it for four regions.
    Well it's not like his brand of DEM is always on target; he has yet to win one of the big League competitions even though, as a main character, he should have achieved that long ago. I can only take solace in the fact that Cameron will probably lose to Virgil or someone else and he won't steal another victory.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Omg I screamed! That's so accurate and also really depressing. I'm not sure which emotion I should be feeling.

Camoron's brand of DEM resulted in him losing 2 pokemon for absolutely no reason

I'm wondering- Why did people say Kotetsu should be disqualified for having 5 Pokémon in a full battle when there is nothing saying you can't do that?

If he isn't being disqualified it means he isn't breaking any rules (and is definitely not cheating in anyway). He just made a stupid mistake and that's it.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    I'm wondering- Why did people say Kotetsu should be disqualified for having 5 Pokémon in a full battle when there is nothing saying you can't do that?

If he isn't being disqualified it means he isn't breaking any rules (and is definitely not cheating in anyway). He just made a stupid mistake and that's it.
    Since he is supposed to have 6 pokemon for a full battle. He does not have 6, so he shouldn't have even been let in.

Anyways, it's gonna suck if ash loses to Cameron, it's even worse cause twice in this battle Cameron sent a pokemon out with a double type disadvantage. Ash really just sucks...
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

"There's nothing saying you can't do that"? Are you serious?

The concept of a full battle is perfectly clear. Full team versus full team. A full team is six, he didn't bring six, he broke a rule.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Since he is supposed to have 6 pokemon for a full battle. He does not have 6, so he shouldn't have even been let in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post

The concept of a full battle is perfectly clear. Full team versus full team. A full team is six, he didn't bring six, he broke a rule.
    Exactly. Rules are rules. He broke one, therefore he should have been disqualified. I don't even care if he was at a disadvantage; rules exist for a reason. Justice must prevail.

On a lighter note, while I know it's practically impossible, I secretly hope that the League is interrupted by Team Plasma or something. I just feel that it would redeem a lot of things and would make this League stand out from the others in a good way. I know it's hopeless, but that's just my two cents. *Goes and cries in a corner*

You know, I wonder... How did kotetsu make it through all the gyms with just 5 pokemon? Oh yeah... He didn't battle a haxed koffing for his final badge
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

You know, I wonder... How did kotetsu make it through all the gyms with just 5 pokemon? Oh yeah... He didn't battle a haxed koffing for his final badge
    He could still have more than 5 Pokémon but since he thought the battle was 5 vs 5, he only brought 5 of his Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post

It is not so much breaking the rules than making an error on the rules. Also they only said a full battle requires 6 Pokémon, nothing saying you can't use less. If Kotetsu isn't being disqualified then he isn't, people should stop whining and let it slide. Actually I wouldn't even call it 'rules', it's more like "what it's supposed to be". I mean tell me; Where in any Pokémon League has it ever been noted if a trainer uses less Pokémon than what they're supposed to use they will be disqualified? That's right, nowhere. That's why saying all of that was completely pointless. Unless some League official suddenly appears during the battle, announces that Kotetsu is breaking the rules and thus bans him from the Isshu League, but that's all looking too much into something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    He could still have more than 5 Pokémon but since he thought the battle was 5 vs 5, he only brought 5 of his Pokémon.
    Funnily enough, all the Gym Leaders of the region have so far used three Pokemon in all matches. Cameron surely never saw the need of having six...maybe.

Now it's possible Kotetsu also thinks the full team you can have is five Pokémon as well as a full battle and he has only five Pokémon.

However if he doesn't and he does have a sixth Pokémon on him.... Then what does he think that 'extra' Pokémon on his team is for?

It is not so much breaking the rules than making an error on the rules. Also they only said a full battle requires 6 Pokémon, nothing saying you can't use less. If Kotetsu isn't being disqualified then he isn't, people should stop whining and let it slide. Actually I wouldn't even call it 'rules', it's more like "what it's supposed to be". I mean tell me; Where in any Pokémon League has it ever been noted if a trainer uses less Pokémon than what they're supposed to use they will be disqualified? That's right, nowhere. That's why saying all of that was completely pointless. Unless some League official suddenly appears during the battle, announces that Kotetsu is breaking the rules and thus bans him from the Isshu League, but that's all looking too much into something.
    It is breaking the rules. If the rules say six and he didn't bring six, he's breaking the rule, there's no such thing as "making an error on the rule". You either abide by it or break it.

And please, don't pretend you don't know very well what a "battle rule" is. If they could simply bring any number of Pokémon they wanted from 1 to 6, what would be the point of defining the battle rule as full battle? This explicitly means he has to bring six.

And don't pretend you really think an official competition like the League doesn't have bylaws.

And you're the one who should stop whining. No one is saying someone should appear and kick Cameron out of the battle now, people are simply stating that, by the rules, he should have been disqualified.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Is this any less BS than sleep=auto loss?

Is this any less BS than sleep=auto loss?
    Ha ha. Ash was kicking himself for not keeping his Butterfree. He could have sleep powdered his way to victory.

Page 101 of 142 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast