Page 106 of 142 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    That's not the problem. You could write a good League with everyone being friends towards each other. I agree that having a big antagonistic character in the League like Paul or Gary builds to it for sure and if Trip had a full battle with Ash like Paul and Gary did, the League would have been better. There are many other problems to this League dragging it down. Stephan and Cameron may be Ash's friends but they are still competitive with him and not going easy on him or refusing to fight like Morrison did in the beginning of his battle with Ash.
    They are but in Ash vs Cameron they aren't taking the battle too seriously, they seem too happy when the other calls out a Pokemon and don't seemed worried enough when they lose a Pokemon, even if they lose two Pokemon back to back. Plus in the battle it looks like they used and lost Pokemon just to lose someone.
    Last edited by J Ken; 27th December 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Thy are but in Ash vs Cameron they aren't taking the battle too seriously, they seem too happy when the other calls out a Pokemon and don't seemed worried enough when they lose a Pokemon, even if they lose two Pokemon back to back.
    They are happy while calling out attacks because they love to battle. Both of them are optimistic characters. You are not going to see them throw in the towel after losing 2 Pokémon especially Ash who has been known to make a comeback in the past.

They are happy while calling out attacks because they love to battle. Both of them are optimistic characters. You are not going to see them throw in the towel after losing 2 Pokémon especially Ash who has been known to make a comeback in the past.
    Yeah I know that but I expected them to be happy and goofy while still being serious and more determined to win. Well at least I am going to get what I want in Pikachu and Snivy vs Lucario. This league had better interactions then the others but they really rushed the battles and made decisions that didn't help make the league any better.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    If I didn't know better I would think this was the Friendship Hour starring Ash, Bianca, Stephan and Cameron. The atmosphere for this league is too friendly and doesn't feel intense or like they are competing in the biggest tournament in the region. With all the other leagues you could tell we were in the Pokemon League, there was suspense and a dramatic feeling to it. The beginning of the league and Ash vs Stephan had that feeling to a degree but it just doesn't feel like this is the tournament we were waiting 2 years for.
    I know what you mean; this League seems more like a friendly competition between pals instead of the hardcore, intense battle fest that it should be. I think the rivals have a lot to do with it; they just don't act like rivals should. They're too nice. That's why we needed Georgia and Burgundy to participate since they would bring the attitude and drama, but of course they didn't appear for other reasons. It really sucks that the League, which is the biggest event of the saga, feels lukewarm compared to previous Leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I know what you mean; this League seems more like a friendly competition between pals instead of the hardcore, intense battle fest that it should be. I think the rivals have a lot to do with it; they just don't act like rivals should. They're too nice. That's why we needed Georgia and Burgundy to participate since they would bring the attitude and drama, but of course they didn't appear for other reasons. It really sucks that the League, which is the biggest event of the saga, feels lukewarm compared to previous Leagues.
    And unfortunately, the only serious, rude to an extent rival left very early

I get Georgia, but I have a hard time even picturing Burgundy being able to win 8 badges...but I would have liked to se Fauxgundy try to enter with counterfeit badges.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    And unfortunately, the only serious, rude to an extent rival left very early
    Even then, Trip received the end of his character development way too earlier before the league...

The thing is we need all the rivals to have a good tournament, with the Junior Cup we got all the less friendly rivals but they rushed it and made 2/3 of them lose in the first round. Then even now the only rival who is serious and not too nice is eliminated in the first round. We need the less friendly rivals for attitude and drama and the goofier ones too give the tournament a comedic feel to it and not just the first round but the entire tournament. The serious rivals should last longer in the final tournament with the comedic ones losing early, if there is a final tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Even then, Trip received the end of his character development way too earlier before the league...
    He did recieve his development but I am sure that if given enough time he could show off the results of that development. If you think about besides Bianca to a degree none of the other rivals have a background, a story or any development.
    Last edited by J Ken; 28th December 2012 at 2:36 AM.

Basically my sentiments. It never felt exciting or hyped at all, not even with the three months to the Unova League lead-up.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Basically my sentiments. It never felt exciting or hyped at all, not even with the three months to the Unova League lead-up.
    I fear the series is starting to become way too giddy-giddy... That N saga better make things nasty dark.

I fear the series is starting to become way too giddy-giddy... That N saga better make things nasty dark.
    How ironic, since Black and White turned to a more mature approach to the games.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    How ironic, since Black and White turned to a more mature approach to the games.
    Further proof that the anime goes against the games.

Further proof that the anime goes against the games.
    Anime has always done that. The games would NEVER encourage you to try and take on the pokemon league with a bulbasaur and pigeyotto.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Anime has always done that. The games would NEVER encourage you to try and take on the pokemon league with a bulbasaur and pigeyotto.
    Pokémon Yellow and its anti-evolution Pikachu says "Hi!"

I really do feel bad for Ash. The writers turned him into a complete idiot. They treated him so badly. Ash was at his best in Sinnoh, at least that's my opinion. He just had too many Pokemon this time around.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

While I'm not remembering the "karma" thing going on in the discussion right now, I feel bad for Ash. It is a little unfair, going in with 6 Pokemon (playing the cards right) and Cameron has a "OOPS" moment and brings only 5. If we weren't short on League time, I'm sure Ash would wipe Cameron's team up to the 5th one, putting him in a awkward position. One that nobody would forget, and heck, put Cameron in his place. Thus, this could be a good thing for Cameron, learning from his mistakes and trying better for the future. But in the end, it looks like we're coming down to him or Virgil taking the Unova champion title.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Pokémon Yellow and its anti-evolution Pikachu says "Hi!"
    There was also some Pokemon in FRLG that couldn't evolve until you beat the E4

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    There was also some Pokemon in FRLG that couldn't evolve until you beat the E4
    that was due to the evolutions not existing yet in the original 151.

Fine Pikachu it is

that was due to the evolutions not existing yet in the original 151.

Fine Pikachu it is
    Yep and some gen 4 pokes didn't exist in the original 251, oh wait...

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Yep and some gen 4 pokes didn't exist in the original 251, oh wait...
    They didn't exist back in the days when the games was released with only 251 pokemon. In FRLG the evos were already made and since there wasn't any way to restrict those evolutions for post e4 or something they had to block it by making the evos automatically stop.

AHEM...*Cough*

If I say so myself, I much prefer a bunch of goody two shoes rivals, ones that have the same goal and such. It becomes a much bigger fest of "who's gonna win" rather then it purposely being 1 on 1 rivalry that HAD to be done.

I LIKED when i found out that trip was goin' out in round 1 (round 2 would of been better but what the hell.) It made me have to think about who was actually gonna win in speculation. THAT was fun. ANd I do like a positive nature of rivals thank you very much.

...That is not to say it was exicuted well however. I'm just saying that despite sinnoh being my favorite region, I atcually like the randomness of the rivals here. Seems more...likely that they're all aiming for the same thing and NOT being assholes about it. Since you know...most of the people in the world being goody two shoes is what made N's ideals "wrong" or not have nearly as much ground.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    AHEM...*Cough*

If I say so myself, I much prefer a bunch of goody two shoes rivals, ones that have the same goal and such. It becomes a much bigger fest of "who's gonna win" rather then it purposely being 1 on 1 rivalry that HAD to be done.

I LIKED when i found out that trip was goin' out in round 1 (round 2 would of been better but what the hell.) It made me have to think about who was actually gonna win in speculation. THAT was fun. ANd I do like a positive nature of rivals thank you very much.

...That is not to say it was exicuted well however. I'm just saying that despite sinnoh being my favorite region, I atcually like the randomness of the rivals here. Seems more...likely that they're all aiming for the same thing and NOT being assholes about it. Since you know...most of the people in the world being goody two shoes is what made N's ideals "wrong" or not have nearly as much ground.
    The reason Gary and Paul were great League rivals is that they actually pushed Ash to become stronger. It's not a matter of who is nice and who is a jerk. It's a matter of which rivals provide the best conflict and push Ash the hardest. That's why people remember Ash vs Gary and Ash vs Paul more than they remember other battles.

The reason Gary and Paul were great League rivals is that they actually pushed Ash to become stronger. It's not a matter of who is nice and who is a jerk. It's a matter of which rivals provide the best conflict and push Ash the hardest. That's why people remember Ash vs Gary and Ash vs Paul more than they remember other battles.
    Well let's not get carried away here, Gary was the first and paul had much more chances to battle onscreen. Plus they both got epic 6v6s where the plushie fights were kept to a mininum on both sides. Infact for Gary Ash even ditched Pikachu.

Friendly rivals CAN push people to be stronger, hell gary evolved into that by the end of it. >3>...

I'm not saying this was done well, but I dislike insultation of friendly rivals. Friendly rivalary and friends playing pokemon are what pushed me to continue playing pokemon.
    ...and most aren't assholes. Just saying. Not defending the execution of this, but They can still be good.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Well let's not get carried away here, Gary was the first and paul had much more chances to battle onscreen. Plus they both got epic 6v6s where the plushie fights were kept to a mininum on both sides. Infact for Gary Ash even ditched Pikachu.
    I'm not getting carried away. Gary is not just popular because of nostalgia. He really was a great rival who actually pushed Ash. Ash brought him up in episodes where he didn't even appear. And despite the fact that Paul had more appearances, he still was a great antagonistic force who you wanted to see lose in the end. I am sticking with my opinion. Gary and Paul are better than any rival Ash has had in Unova by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Friendly rivals CAN push people to be stronger, hell gary evolved into that by the end of it. >3>...

I'm not saying this was done well, but I dislike insultation of friendly rivals. Friendly rivalary and friends playing pokemon are what pushed me to continue playing pokemon.
    ...and most aren't assholes. Just saying. Not defending the execution of this, but They can still be good.
    Of course friendly rivals could be good if they are written properly but unfortunately most of them are written horribly. People remember Gary, Paul, Drew and Harley not because they are not friendly rivals but because they are well written rivals which can't be said for a lot of friendly rivals. This is just a coincidence though obviously since friendly rivals can be great. Look at Zoey.

Page 106 of 142 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast