Page 126 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

If Kanto Ash had a brain, he would have told Ritchie to command his Pikachu to use thunderbolt on Chartroll. It's kind of an underhanded thing to do but I bet Charizard would have burned the mouse to a crisp after that. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    I screamed at the top of my lungs that's bull**** when I saw charizard fall against blaziken.
    But when they are advertising the new Ruby and Sapphire games, they had to make Blaziken seem as godly as possible so people will say, "I need to buy Ruby and Sapphire right now! The fully evolved fire starter beat Charizard!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs that's bull**** when I saw charizard fall against blaziken.
    It's sad because Ash very well could have won the Johto league if not for Charizard...maybe if he traded in Bayleef/Noctwol for kingler...

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's sad because Ash very well could have won the Johto league if not for Charizard...maybe if he traded in Bayleef for kingler...
    Bayleef would have been heart broken if her boyfriend sat her out of the battle

It's sad because Ash very well could have won the Johto league if not for Charizard...maybe if he traded in Bayleef/Noctwol for kingler...
    Not bayleef but he should have swapped noctowl for kingler.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm calling total BS on this line. Young kids don't give a shit about "mediocre" writing. Members of this fandom just need to accept the show isn't being written for them, thus they aren't trying to "attack Ash fans" or whatever crazy conspiracy theories surface.
    You can honestly call BS on whatever you want. Maybe the young children you know have the intellect of a sausage, but the kids i personally know can easily sit in front of a tv, watch older sagas and say which is enjoy more.. and I've never known them to prefer Best Wishes. They just don't find the newer episodes as entertaining, often losing interest before even I do..

Some of you seem to think that children will sit in front of a tv and accept whatever crap is on, but the truth is they have their preferences and negative opinions, just like everyone else. They're kids with brains, not mindless drones..
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 5th January 2013 at 4:33 AM.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    You can honestly call BS on whatever you want. Maybe the young children you know have the intellect of a sausage, but the kids i personally know can easily sit in front of a tv, watch older sagas and say which is enjoy more.. and I've never known them to prefer Best Wishes.

Some of you seem to think that children will sit in front of a tv and accept whatever crap is on, but the truth is they have their preferences and negative opinions, just like everyone else. They're kids with brains, not mindless drones..
    If the kids you know had to choose between Kanto and DP, which would they choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    If the kids you know had to choose between Kanto and DP, which would they choose?
    Probably DP because of the prettier drawing and because Dawn and Piplup are cute.

Random : PokéRadar

Not bayleef but he should have swapped noctowl for kingler.
    I was thinking bayleef mainly because Kingler could have pulled off a similar move by claming houndoom's mouth shut with his BIG MEATY CLAW and then hyperbeam through it for the win. Being a water type he probably could have damaged blaziken enough for Ash to win with Charizard.

Of course DP, how can you not love the Piplup? He's like a living version of the trope penguins make everything better XD

I guess DP, since like _Taidow_ said has better animation.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Clearly they do because the anime's ratings are worse than ever and are still free falling. I think that makes it quite obvious that most kids know the difference between a well-written episode and a poorly-written episode; they just can't be bothered to watch bad episodes, and I applaud them for realizing just how terrible the anime has gotten recently. :x
    But yet, you still watch it, even with all the flaws, all your whining and all your complaining, I mean, is pretty clear you are not enjoying the show anymore, I stopped watching Dragon Ball when the overrated Z crap started because I wasn´t enjoying it anymore and I found pointless whine about that

Childrens: 1 Creepy grown ups/Geeky teens: 0

You can honestly call BS on whatever you want. Maybe the young children you know have the intellect of a sausage, but the kids i personally know can easily sit in front of a tv, watch older sagas and say which is enjoy more.. and I've never known them to prefer Best Wishes. They just don't find the newer episodes as entertaining, often losing interest before even I do..

Let me guess ... that childrens must love Spongebob Squarepants and Ben 10, right?

Of course DP, how can you not love the Piplup? He's like a living version of the trope penguins make everything better XD
    After 20 episodes, you learn to not love the ... Piplup
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 5th January 2013 at 7:13 AM.

I bet you when N comes into the anime the ratings will score big time, hes the most popular character I think next to Ash in the fandom.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I'm sorry, but I never said five-year-olds have weak intelligence. I said it's complete crap logic and reasoning that just because you don't like the show you're trying to speak for the target-audience and say they don't like the show. Pokemon is perfectly fine in Japan and the majority of people are watching the show for entertainment, only a very very very very small portion of people worldwide, anime-nerds, are watching this show for its story-telling. Like that one grain of rice among a bag of popcorn, that's the population of anime nerds compared to "normal people" who watch the show. I really wish people would accept this. Children are perfectly fine with this show, anime nerds aren't. Don't pretend otherwise.

Clearly they do because the anime's ratings are worse than ever and are still free falling. I think that makes it quite obvious that most kids know the difference between a well-written episode and a poorly-written episode; they just can't be bothered to watch bad episodes, and I applaud them for realizing just how terrible the anime has gotten recently. :x
    "The drop in quality" is nothing but a bunch of skewered anime fandom nerd nonsense. The ratings, like every show in Japan, have been on a steady decline over the years. It has zero to do with the quality of the show, I can assure you that completely. Over the years people in general just aren't watching tv as much as they used to.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 5th January 2013 at 10:05 AM.

For Ash; having so many weak Pokemon like Scraggy and Unfezant really sank Ash's dreams, but that's the writers' faults.
    Kotetsu's Hydreigon alone is probably stronger than 90% of Ash's Unova team. Really, Pignite probably wouldn't have beat Hydreigon if the Dragon was fresh. Pignite was still struggling against a fatigued Hydreigon for a while, and Pignite beating a Ferrothorn isn't anything to write home about given it's massive advantage over it. It's probably better Scraggy was spared from this fight too, as it likely would have simply been Hydreigon or Riolu fodder.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 5th January 2013 at 11:55 AM.

So tonight on the Smash preview we will probably see if Ash survives Koetetsu!? And if he battles Virgil!?

On the other hand some guy from Game freak is coming as well so new gen info or remake game info can surface!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    So tonight on the Smash preview we will probably see if Ash survives Koetetsu!? And if he battles Virgil!?
    probably not. they have kept it hidden so long I doubt they would spoil it now

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post

On the other hand some guy from Game freak is coming as well so new gen info or remake game info can surface!
    I sure hope so! Or they'll show us more Pikachu vs Lucario and another clip of Virgil. At least the other news is something to look forward too.

I'm just wondering how long is this battle. Pikachu vs Serperior was around 10 minutes but Trip was only getting a 1 on 1 battle anyway while Cameron already got more than enough screen time and battles.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

It is clear that the writers have made Best Wishes with a 5-10 year old's interests in view because they think that by now, their original viewers have become too old to watch Pokemon anymore. So they have kind of made Gen-V like Gen-I for the new generation of viewers.

One of the main reasons i think for which ash's pokemon don't have much development in this saga is because team rocket do not show up in each episode to train his pokemon up as they used to. Even when they did, all Ash generally used was Pikachu and his unova pokemon always ceded into background to watch the fun. Great examples are snivy and palpitoad.
    Last edited by PokemonMasters; 5th January 2013 at 1:23 PM.
    The Ultimate Kalos Team:

Greninja
    Noivern
    Tyrantrum
    Aegislash
    Talonflame
    Florges

What Ash will get from above:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Florges

They seem to have mixed feelings regarding both. You can tell by their body language whether they're into it or not and there's certain episodes of DP that they just won't watch, but then there's also parts of the Indigo saga that they aren't too keen on either. So it's hard to say.. Several of them really liked the introduction of May and Max though and I'm yet to discover a Hoenn episode they haven't liked, so I'd personally assume that's their favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Let me guess ... that childrens must love Spongebob Squarepants and Ben 10, right?
    Who doesn't love Spongebob? I'm nearly 21 and yet I still watch it regularly.. and the parents don't let them watch such crap as Ben 10..

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I'm sorry, but I never said five-year-olds have weak intelligence. I said it's complete crap logic and reasoning that just because you don't like the show you're trying to speak for the target-audience and say they don't like the show. Pokemon is perfectly fine in Japan and the majority of people are watching the show for entertainment, only a very very very very small portion of people worldwide, anime-nerds, are watching this show for its story-telling. Like that one grain of rice among a bag of popcorn, that's the population of anime nerds compared to "normal people" who watch the show. I really wish people would accept this. Children are perfectly fine with this show, anime nerds aren't. Don't pretend otherwise.
    Erm, I do like the show? I feel the writing quality has considerably slipped and the writers need a kick up the butt to get them motivated again, but if I truly hated it that much I wouldn't watch it.. You can't just sit and act as if all children are going to like everything about the Pokemon anime, because they don't. There are plenty of young, budding Pokemon fans with their own opinions, both positive and negative. I take into consideration the thoughts of the children that I KNOW; I don't try and pass it off as a general opinion of the entire audience, just the opinion of this particular group. But please, continue with the ignorance and assume that the minds of children are filled with butterflies and daisies and that they'll accept any kind of crap..

Now i'm done with this, but if anyone really wants to carry it on for whatever strange reason, please PM ME instead. This is a thread for discussing BWS2-24, not for whether children are able to think for themselves.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

If people really want to believe that Ash is a beginner like his Kanto self, then why are you all complaining about him making the Top 8? That's good for a beginner trainer.

This fandom.... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    If people really want to believe that Ash is a beginner like his Kanto self, then why are you all complaining about him making the Top 8? That's good for a beginner trainer.

This fandom.... sigh.
    This

God this made so much sense, it's amazing. You should get an award for typing this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    I'm just wondering how long is this battle. Pikachu vs Serperior was around 10 minutes but Trip was only getting a 1 on 1 battle anyway while Cameron already got more than enough screen time and battles.
    Taking Kotetsu's Hydreigon down took around 9-10 minutes as well. Given Lucario's popularity, I can easily see it last just as long.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

This fandom.... sigh.
    While its annoying to see him regress in the league I wouldn't mind this so much if the kid he was loosing to actually had a brain.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    While its annoying to see him regress in the league I wouldn't mind this so much if the kid he was loosing to actually had a brain.
    So you're calling Cameron out when you don't know how to spell a word that you should know how to spell? Geez, I can't wait for this League to end so this Cameron bashing could end. I don't think Cameron is an amazing rival or anything but he must he doing something right if he made it to the Top 8 of the Unova League.

So you're calling Cameron out when you don't know how to spell a word that you should know how to spell? Geez, I can't wait for this League to end so this Cameron bashing could end. I don't think Cameron is an amazing rival or anything but he must he doing something right if he made it to the Top 8 of the Unova League.
    I agree with that last part...

I offer the challange to fight me and my ADHD self in battle, lets see how well you do >3>
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Page 126 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast