Page 13 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    People are pissed for a lot of reasons:

-The League is only 6 episodes opposed to the standard 7/8.
    -If Ash loses to Kotetsu he is placing in the Top 8, LOWER than his last League entry marking the first time he'll have gone backwards in rank.
    -Virgil is not battling Ash.
    And the fact that Ash only gets 3 onscreen battles.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Of which only one is 6 vs 6

The fact that Kotetsu's Riolu will evolve in the anime didn't surprise me at all since Kotetsu's future Lucario is already featured in the special PWT download.

Can't wait to see how the Lucario vs Pikachu battle will turn out.
    WARNING: Crossing Kyurem's gate of ice and then rage quitting while losing to Kyurem may result in the Kyurem eating you at night.

And the fact that he could be battling rivals like Bianca but instead battles freaking cotD's!!...

-Virgil is not battling Ash.
    Bianca didn't battle Ash, either.

In fact, Bianca never battled Ash in an official Tournament despite being one of his Rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post

In fact, Bianca never battled Ash in an official Tournament despite being one of his Rivals.
    When was their last battle anyways..? Did they battle in Nimbasa or was it before that? I can't remember O.o

Well the thing is Bianca is a rival who also appeared in the games, so it makes sense for her to be introduced in the animé. The only reason why Virgil is introduced is to promote the Eeveelutions, there's a lot of Eevee-themed merchandising now, so showing them off in the Animé is a very good marketing strategy. I can't see why else Virgil is there, maybe because he's the serious mature grown-up kinda guy like Harrison/Tobias.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Of which only one is 6 vs 6
    Agreed, it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    And the fact that he could be battling rivals like Bianca but instead battles freaking cotD's!!...
    You do realise that the chances of Ash battling all of his rivals would be too unbelievable? At least the writers kept some realism. Besides, Bianca is the female version of Barry. Ash didn't need to fight her.

Yes but nobody cares about that.

Everybody expected Virgil to battle Ash, but now people are annoyed because Virgil was brought in and hyped up only to not battle Ash.

p.s, Bianca battled Ash and lost to him first time. She's the first proper rival to make Ash actually seem 10x stronger than her, he had nothing to prove unlike an opponent such as let's say, Trip.

So me get this straight, they put Virgil in the league purely to ***** out Eevee?? Seriously he doesn't even battle Ash?? Wow.

And people were telling me they would be pissed if a rookie beat Ash, well congrats 1 did -_-.

At least the rat will finally get a good beating.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

You do realise that the chances of Ash battling all of his rivals would be too unbelievable? At least the writers kept some realism. Besides, Bianca is the female version of Barry. Ash didn't need to fight her.
    I know, but instead of having 2 cotd's they could have had Bianca instead of one of them and then not battling Virgil wouldn't be so bad... Or maybe have Trip in a 3 vs 3 round instead of a cotd... I guess it was needed to show Kotetsu was OP (Bianca) and Trip to show Ash improved...

They've worked it out so that everyone except Pikachu gets to appear in ONE battle.. and they aren't all guaranteed wins.. AND Scraggy's was mostly offscreen! That's the worst thing!

Pikachu - Trip, Kotetsu
    Unfezant - Kotetsu
    Oshawott - Kotetsu
    Pignite - Kotetsu
    Snivy - Kotetsu
    Scraggy - Random guys Darumakka
    Leavanny - Stephan
    Palpitoad - Stephan
    Boldore - Kotetsu
    Krookodile - Stephan

Plus the fact he's regressing! Why did they have to start the N saga so soon anyway? Simple answer? They didn't! They've still got pretty much a years worth (or more!) of episodes to cover before Gen 6 is even likely to be released.. They could've started a month later, written the league well, made Ash either stay in Top 4 or progress and it would've been just fine..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Then why add Virgil as a rival, in the first place? They could have easily introduced him later as a COTD, promoting the Eevee Cup and all the Eevee merchandise. Ash losing to Kotetsu makes Virgil useless.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I know, but instead of having 2 cotd's they could have had Bianca instead of one of them and then not battling Virgil wouldn't be so bad... Or maybe have Trip in a 3 vs 3 round instead of a cotd... I guess it was needed to show Kotetsu was OP (Bianca) and Trip to show Ash improved...
    Hmm i suppose, but i'm really not bothered. Bianca was always portrayed as weak and Ash beat her when they first met. He had nothing to prove. (I said this in the last response too).

Wait. So Kotetsu is going to beat Ash? Oh my God. This is exactly what I was afraid of. The writers have pretty much trolled everyone just like they did during the last Pokemon League. This is worst than Tobias. I'm about to throw a fit to be honest.

Is this some kind of joke? Good god this league.. you know what whatever at least the N is coming up shortly after.

I hate Virgil but what was the point of even introducing him? Man this was just one over glorified Don Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Wait. So Kotetsu is going to beat Ash? Oh my God. This is exactly what I was afraid of. The writers have pretty much trolled everyone just like they did during the last Pokemon League. This is worst than Tobias. I'm about to throw a fit to be honest.

The writers did not troll anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    you know what whatever at least the N is coming up shortly after.
    You act as if the writers won't **** this one up, that's a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    So let me get this straight.People are p*ssed because Ash is gonna lose?In a league.Really?Really?!
    There are a significant amount of firsts that would result from Ash losing to Kotetsu:

1) First time he has done worse in the current regional league than in a league from a previous region. This is one of the few patterns heavily discussed in the fandom that the writers have gone out of their way to have the supporting characters themselves mention at the end of every league prior to this one. Brock at the end johto and sinnoh leagues mentioned ash placing in the top 8/4 for the first time, while max at the end of the hoenn league mentioned that Ash didn't place higher in that league than he did in the johto league.

2) This would be Ash's first regional league loss to a trainer with an obvious character flaw that hinders them in battle. Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, and Tobias were all flawless trainers in terms of their character. Kotetsu has on multiple occasions been clueless on some of the most basic things.

3) This is Ash's first battle in general where he loses as a direct result of a plot device on the side of his opponent. In fandom terms, if Ash and Kotetsu were to switch places, you guys would probably call Ash's win to be DEM-induced.

I'm speculating that Ash beats Kotetsu, but loses to virgil in a similar manner to how ritchie lost to the chick with the ivysaur, or even harrison losing to the rhyhorn trainer. All they would need to show is the final matchup, which doesn't even need to be longer than 2 minutes.
    Remember that Ash is not using oaked reserves here. Ash's pokemon on hand have had little if any development battlewise at this point. They don't need to give their losses much screentime to justify them. A simple minute of Vaporeon Hydropumping Pignite is more than sufficient.

the point of introducing Virgil was to promote the eeveelutions, not to win the league.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

I said the writers would mess this thing up right after the World Tournament. And I already knew Ash would lose in some ****ed up way like always but this is just getting ridiculous.

But anyway.. just give me the N special and then Gen VI season seriously.

So what is this top 16 or 8??
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I said the writers would mess this thing up right after the World Tournament. And I already knew Ash would lose in some ****ed up way like always but this is just getting ridiculous.

But anyway.. just give me the N special and then Gen VI season seriously.
    Fair one.

Joking aside, I have to admit the plots/storylines in Best Wishes are incredible, it's a shame they just execute them in the wrong ways (not all, but some of them).

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    So what is this top 16 or 8??
    Ash vs Kotetsu is a quarterfinal battle (top 8)

Oh my God. You're right. I was hoping that the N arc would redeem all of BW, but that's definitely not going to happen now. The writers proved beyond a reasonable doubt that they've given up writing good episodes. This League was travesty, and the N saga is bound to be just as bad if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by cauldronmaster View Post
    Ash vs Kotetsu is a quarterfinal battle (top 8)
    Great so he regresses lol fail writers. And stop defending this crap Hero, you are so wrong.

Page 13 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast